Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"Fall."

2.1K 67 36
By Erin__Lee

I wake up around 10 the next day.

My cousins spread around the room. Damien and Kai are awake playing cards. Between the two there are four mini orange juice bottles, two pop-tart packages, and a medium bowl of fruit.

Something tells me they've been up for a while now. And despite this, Zoie and Emilia are still sound asleep at my side.

Rolling my shoulders and stretching my arms above my head I get out of the bed, grab my bag, and head across the hall into the bathroom.

I brush my teeth, shower, and wash my hair. Digging through my bag I pull out some black jeans, a white hooded shirt, blue and black plaid shirt, and black Air Forces.

"Hot date with your girlfriend?" Damien teases.

I stick the middle finger up at him as I drop my bag down by the bed. Grabbing my phone I text Jasmine.

'Good morning beautiful😍, I'll be picking you up for our date in about three hours.'

Her reply is quick,' morning mighty lion🦁, sounds great.'

'Dress warm🧤🧣.'

'Will do, see you later😘.' - J

Deciding not to fight it I let the shit eating grin spread across my face.

"Are you really going to see Jasmine today?" Kai asks.

I nod," first date."

"First date? Didn't you two go on a first date already?" Damien asks.

"Kind of but not really." I shrug.

So last night/this morning I woke up and for some reason my brain wouldn't let me go back to sleep without figuring out where to take Jasmine for our date.

What I found was a Fall Festival about an hour out of town. I thought it'd be great because it has multiple activities: cider mill, hayride, corn maze, apple farm, haunted house, etc.

My moms had taken me a few times when I was younger but we haven't been recently and I figured I could take Jasmine.

Fall weather in Oklahoma is so wishy washy you'd think Mother Nature was on her period. One second it's 60 degrees and sunny the next it 0 below and a snow storm is approaching. Today it's 32 degrees out, light snowfall. So I make sure to grab a small blanket and another jacket because the bomber I grabbed might not be enough.

I stuff my wallet, phone, and keys in my pockets and head downstairs.

My moms are awake along with Grandpa Nick and Grandma Isabel. Grandpa Wayne and Grandma CeCe no doubt deciding to sleep in.

"Good morning beautiful family." I greet opening the fridge and grabbing a small orange juice.

"Morning honey," Momma greets kissing my cheek," what're you doing up so early?"

I smile widely," I have a date in about an hour and a half."

"With Jasmine perhaps?" Ma asks.

I nod.

"We called it!" My moms hi-five.

"No wonder your family always bet on us it's fun and easy." Momma says chuckling.

A frown took over my face. Bet?

Ma laughs," yeah princess, my family spent a lot of time betting on whether or not me and Jess would date, how long it would take, when I would propose, getting back together."

Grandma Isabel holds a sheepish smile, cheeks pink at the mention of it.

Ma leans over and kisses her cheek," it was harmless fun and at the end of the day they made a lot of money off each other." She explains.

"You guys don't place bets on me, do you?" I ask them.

Momma shakes her head.

"But we're about to start!" Ma says laughing again.

I roll my eyes at her. Despite almost being 40 she's as childish as possible. I love it though.

As if knowing what I was thinking about Momma nods and side hugs me.

Grandpa Wayne and Grandma CeCe join us, Grandpa breathlessly falling into the seat. Ma immediately grabs a bottle of water and takes it over to him.

He smiles gratefully and takes a small sip of it before looking up to greet me," good morning little lamb."

Beaming I go over and hug him," morning Grandpa. How you feeling?"

"Right as rain." He winks.

I chuckle and glance at the time on the stove.

It's 11:45 so I decided to leave. Since it takes an hour to get to the festival I don't want to go later and risk it being too dark.

Texting Jasmine I let her know I'm on my way before pulling off.

I put in my Rock Mix consisting of all my favorite rock songs like Jessie's Girl, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and You Give Love a Bad Name.

With my eyes trained on the road I sing along.

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name

I come to a stop in front of Jasmine's house, jump out, and go up to the door. Rapping my hand on the purple wooden door.

There's about a three minute wait before the door is pulled open. I'm greeted by Amanda's warm smile.

"Emerson hi, good to see you again, please come in." She steps back and lets me in.

I smile and step inside and standing still by the fern in the corner.

"I know you're here for Jasmine but she told me she's getting ready for a date." Amanda says finger pointing up.

Chuckling I nod about to reply.

"Amanda, Emerson is her date," Braiden walks in and says.

He has a sandwich in one hand and a coke in the other.

Amanda's eyes widen briefly," ohhh. That makes so much sense."

Braiden sets down the coke and places a hand on my shoulder," you may be a woman but I will not hesitate to protect my niece. Don't hurt her or you will have us," he points between him and Amanda," to deal with."

I nod my head," I understand. For the record I can't promise anything but I care very much for Jasmine and I intend on no way to hurt her."

Jasmine comes down the stairs, she's clad in a jean skirt, long tan/brown boots, a red sweater, orange and red scarf, and a jean jacket.

A smile makes it way on to my face before I can help it. Just seeing her brightens my day.

She smiles at me too and turns to her aunt and uncle," I will be home before 11, I love you guys."

Braiden kisses her forehead and Amanda hugs her. Waving to them I hold my hand out for Jasmine and we leave out.

I open the door for her, she gets in, I close it and go around to get in myself. Right as I go to open my door a car flies by nearly hitting me.

With wide eyes I stare after the blue Ford F-150. Looks way too familiar for me.

Pushing the thought aside I climb in the car. I smile at Jasmine before turning the radio up and pulling off.

I love that we're into the same types of music, Rock being the main one. There's no fight over what song to go to like it use to always be with Hayden.

But I stop myself at that thought. Jasmine will never be like Hayden and I thank my lucky stars for that. She's not inconsiderate and ignorant. She's the kindest girl I've ever met.

"So where are we going?" She asks after she's finished singing to What I Like About You.

I spare a glance her way," Fall Festival. It's about an hour away."

"Ohhhh. I heard about that, my aunt and uncle use to go all the time."

"They never took you?" I ask.

She shakes her head," back when they use to go I was stuck with my parents so."

I nod," oh okay. Well at least I'm your first."

A blush creeps up her cheeks but that doesn't stop the comment she makes," you might be, if you're lucky."

I gulp and then smirk," as long as you remember I prefer top."

"Something tells me I wouldn't mind you taking control." Her hand finds my thigh.

Dear lord.

She giggles, leans across the console, and kisses my cheek.

So for the rest of the ride we play twenty one questions. They aren't the normal basic questions, they're deep and thought provoking.

Do you have just one ideal life or can you think of more than one? What was your most serious relationship? What is the most adventurous / crazy thing you have ever done?

A few of them made me chuckle to myself but they got me thinking and Jasmine's responses gave me a deeper understanding of her.

It scared me really because I could feel myself falling for her already. It's the first date and I'm terrified that I'm moving too fast.

"OH MY GOD SHUT UP!" She exclaims turning the radio up to 40.

I frown but listen, the piano starting the song.

Oh okay. She starts to sing the first verse.

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

I sing the next verse.

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

We sing the chorus together.

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

I can't say she has the voice of an angel because quite frankly she doesn't. Her singing isn't the best I've ever heard but it's her. She could be tone deaf and I'd think she sounds beautiful.

That being said she has a nice voice. Certain moments are soulful and it seems as though if she wanted she could be a singer. My opinion is biased though. Her voice still sends my heart a flutter and gives me butterflies and I could listen to her sing forever.

The song soon goes off and she gets excited as the next song comes on.

"It's our song Em." She beams singing to You Shook Me All Night Long.

I chuckle a smile on my face. Our song.

"I guess so yeah."

"It totally is. We got together during this song and had our first kiss." She lightly slaps my arm.

My eyes widen a fraction, a playful smile on my face," I'm driving here."

She rolls her eyes but then they light up as I pull into the parking lot.

I park and turn the car off and reach into the back. I shove the blanket in my bag and grab my camera bag. Then I get out and go open the door for Jasmine.

"You know you don't have to open the door for me every single time right?" She smiles, taking my awaiting hand.

Shrugging I say," I don't have to but you deserve to be treated like royalty, this is the least I could do."

A blush rises on her cheeks as we make our way towards the festival.

There's a large banner held above the entrance reading 'Fall Festival' in bright orange words and leave decorations around it. I reach over and grab Jasmine's hand, lacing my fingers with hers.

"Where to first?" I ask her.

She shrugs.

I chuckle," stall games it is."

While we're walking out of instinct of who I see I drop Jasmine's hand.

Mia, Payton, Kara, Hayden, and one of Hayden's buddies are at a football stall game. I look around trying to find some where to go but Kara's eyes land on me. She looks to Mia and nudges her.

A look of disgust crossed their faces. And I don't know what it is but something hits me. Not a literal something but mentally I'm slapped.

I give zero fucks what these people think of me.

A smug smile on my face I grab Jasmine's hand again, lacing our fingers back together, and walking right past Mia and her people.

"Fag." She spits.

I scoff and turn to her," what was that?"

"You heard me, fag. This your new lesbian friend?"

"Nah," I gently squeeze Jasmine's hand," this is my girlfriend."

"You disgust me Stratton. To think I ever gave you the time of day." She scowls.

I look directly into her eyes and say," I hope you're having a nice life Mia. And I hope to god you find some way or some one to make you a better person cause you're heartless and people like you don't find happiness."

Before I even let her say another word I turn back around and walk away.

Jasmine raises her brow at me as we walk.

"Those were the people who bullied me in school."

She rolls her eyes. Smiling I lean over and kiss her cheek.

So we start to walk around. I play a few stall games and win her a medium sized white bunny. She plays a few and gets me a small puppy.

Then we go to the cider mill and get cinnamon donuts and apple cider. And through the corn maze.

I take pictures of her holding the bunny, her winning and playing the ring toss game, us at the cider mill, her kissing my cheek, and us in the corn maze.

The sun starts to go down as we near the end of the maze.

"Horses!" She exclaims eyes trained on the hayride.

I chuckle at her enthusiasm," yeah they pull us the whole way."

She beams and tugs me forward. We join the small line and get on, sitting near the middle but still able to see out the back and through the wooden planks behind us.

I wrap my arm around her and pull her close.

"Question," she pauses," would you get into a relationship with yourself?"

Well then. I think for a moment.

"Yeah I would. Maybe not the old me, or not old really but who I thought I was. But the me I am with you, the me I've been since I changed schools. Yeah I'd date me. What about you?"

"I'm not my type." She waves off.

A laugh slips from my lips," you're not your type?"

"Nah. You know me. I'm quirky and loud and over enthusiastic. That's why you're my type. You're partially normal, quiet for the most part, and calm." She explains.

I nod," for the record I like you just the way you are. Quirky, loud, enthusiastic. You're what I wish I could be."

Despite the darkness of the sky and the lack of lights I still see the blush creep up her cheeks. I put my finger under her chin and place my lips on hers.

She melts into it, hand coming up to my cheek, the other on my thigh.

After breaking apart I pull her a little closer. She rests her head on my shoulder.

The ride is quiet and afterwords we leave the festival and I drive her home.

"I had an amazing time tonight Emerson." She tells me as we walk up her steps.

"Good, I'm glad. I had fun too."

She unlocks the door and turns to me, hand on the doorknob.

I place a quick kiss on her lips," goodnight Jasmine."

"Goodnight."

I'm smiling like a fool my whole drive home and even still as I walk inside the house, up the steps, and into Ma's old room.

I change into some blue and black plaid pajama bottoms and a white tee before crawling into bed.

"We want details tomorrow Em." Emilia whispers.

With a chuckle I say," of course."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 12.3K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...
227K 7.2K 21
Isabella is a sophomore in high school. Her best friend,Emmy, is the most popular girl in school. They've been best friend's since the 5th grade. B...
24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
Her Rock By Cheyanne

Teen Fiction

3M 63.8K 36
Ella Mae Emerson, the girl who stays hidden at all costs, the girl who likes to be alone with eyes glued to the floor, words coming out as stutters...