Life Of Kaia (Complete)

By tuillaxoh

"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm los... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
📷 CHARACTER PICS📷
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
💜CHARACTER UPDATE✔
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
📷CHARACTER UPDATE💗
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Part One
Chapter 27: Part Two
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
CHARACTER UPDATE
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
💥CHARACTER UPDATE &A/N💥
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Must Read: Author's Note🌹
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - Part I: Kaia's POV
Chapter 79 - Part II: Ash's POV
Chapter 80
AUTHORS NOTE
T R A I L E R ! ! ! 🎬🎥
NEW BOOK!!!
♥BONUS CHAPTER!!♥
ATT: BOOK 2 🎉👐

Chapter 45

172 14 12
By tuillaxoh

The days were going pretty fast. We did a lot of things together and I felt like mom was almost back to her old self. Ally went to school on Friday and she's currently in her room with Lisa catching up with her work.

Mom is in the garden doing some light work. I told her not to do anything stressful like digging or pulling weeds, so she's just trimming the hedges.

I'm currently in the kitchen looking through the cupboards for our old flower vase. It was my grandmother's, she gave it to us before she passed. She loved gardening as well, guess mom took after her.

After opening several cupboards, I finally found it collecting dust in the cupboard under the sink. I pull it out and soak it in some soapy water.

I went out to the garden to pick some flowers for the vase. The house was so plain, I felt like adding something new.

While I was snipping some of my favorite light pink roses, a familiar face walked past our house.

"Hey Kaia" He said.

I turned around and was surprised to see who it was.

"Hey Jason. ..How are you?" I asked weirdly.

Mom seemed to notice Jason too so she came over to the driveway.

"Jason! It's been so long dear. How have you been?" Mom says with a smile.

"Hello Mrs. Collins, I've been good. Just spending my week here at home. You're looking good today" Jason said which made mom laugh.

I couldn't help but smile, at least she was laughing.

"Kaia, let me take those flowers inside, you stay and chat with your friend" mom says before taking the roses and heading inside.

"So how's Dani?" Jason asked me.

I stood there weirdly. Well, we weren't exactly friends anyway.

"She's alright, I guess" I said.

Jason looks around before turning to look at me again. He scratches his head and looks nervously at the ground.

"Is there something else?" I asked him, weirded out by why he's talking to me. .

"Yes. There is" He said, exhaling.

"Alright, well what is it?" I asked curiously.

"I just want to apologize" He said.

I looked at him with a puzzled look on my face.  What?

"About us. ..in high school.. how we ended? -I'm sorry about how I treated you afterwards. I was a jerk and I'm sorry for that" Jason said, looking down.

This wasn't what I was expecting him to say. I guess he just wants to apologize. If I did something like that, I would want to be forgiven. Maybe Jason can be forgiven too.

"It's okay, Jason. All in the past" I said with a smile.

He looked at me with a hint of relief in his eyes. I could tell he was sincere. That's new.

"Really, Kaia? You forgive me?" He asked happily.

"Yes! I do! Just one more thing" I said.

"Anything" He replied.

"Don't dump anyone else because of their different tastes. If it's not what you're used to- try to get used to it. That's if you really like that person" I said.

"I'll try" Jason said, walking across the street.

Oh well. Guess that part of my life has been solved. It took more than a year but at least we're both at peace with no more hard feelings. To me that's all that matters.

"Well that was weird!".

I turn around to see Ally, wide eyed at me and Jason, who was now across the street.

"So weird" I replied.

"Hi Kaia. Bye Kaia!" Lisa said, walking to her car.

"Bye Lisa" I waved.

"Oh Kaia, I almost forgot" Lisa said, running back to me.

"Oh boy" Ally said, rolling her eyes.

"I forgot to show you this. It's a pic of Marissa, I'm guessing it's from last Saturday" Lisa said, showing me her phone.

I looked at the photo and it was definitely Marissa. She looked very, very wasted with her arm around Brody. I scanned the background, trying to find out where this was taken. I looked closely and saw the sea in the background. The Sand Bar.

"Did you know she was here?" Ally asked me.

I looked at the photo then looked up at Ally.

"No. I didn't" I said, wondering why Marissa didn't text me or call.

"Okay, well I gotta go now" Lisa said, tapping my arm then heading to her car.

Ally and I wave her off before finally heading inside.

"What's up with you and Marissa?" Ally asked curiously.

"Not sure" I responded, trying to figure out what was up between us.

Maybe I should send her a text.

I walk up the stairs and make my way to my room. I lay down on my bed and pull out my phone. I feel so comfortable in my old yoga pants and t-shirt.

Hey! Heard u were home. Why ddnt you tell me? :)

I lay there staring at my phone, waiting for her reply. The text got delivered so I'm pretty sure she will reply.

About 5 minutes later my phone beeps, signalling a new text. I anxiously unlock it and open the text. It's from Marissa.

4 got to tell you. Does it matter?

I looked at her text and wondered why she would reply that way. Was she being sarcastic?
I decided to reply anyway.

Yes it does matter! We could hv met up or sth :)

There. If she replies weirdly to that, then something really is wrong.

Again, I had to wait ages for her reply. She usually replies within seconds if we're texting, why is she taking long now. Must be with Brody.

I fell off to sleep waiting for her reply. When I woke up around 7pm, I checked my phone but there was still nothing from her.

I kept getting messages that the numbers I had blocked were either trying to text me or call me. I think it's Ash trying to reach me because the only other blocked contact is my dad and I'm pretty sure his phone is still switched off.

I hover over the unblock option for a few seconds before clicking it. Then my phone blew up with texts and missed calls, voice-mails too. My heart began to beat faster when I saw his messages. I didn't want to open any but at the same time I did.

I decided to open one of the many sent last Saturday. I hope he doesn't see that I've opened it.

Kaia please talk to me, please!!!! I hvnt seen or heard 4rm you in days. It wasn't me Kaia it was mum & Yvonne.. u hav to believe me baby girl xxx :( :(

Tears rolled down my face when I read his message. I missed him so much. I wanted to reply to his message and say that I miss him but I just. ..can't.

I blocked his number again straight after then cried myself to sleep.

I want to be with him so bad but everything goes wrong everytime we're together. I just don't know how to deal if something like that happens again. I can't handle Yvonne, she's just too much.

"Kaia, you awake?" Ally asks,  startling me.

I quickly wiped my eyes and responded.

"Um. ..yea, what's up?" I said, trying to sound like I wasn't just trying to cry myself to sleep. I'm pathetic.

"Mom's opened the envelope".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 12.2K 36
After a very public breakup, Olivia Rodgers is avoiding her cheating ex-boyfriend like the plague. Olivia has a notoriously difficult time speaking u...
2.1M 61.8K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
71.8K 1.9K 28
Kayla was 12 years old when her parents were killed. At a young age she saw, her father die and her mother get raped and killed right in front of her...
1.9M 63.7K 67
"Little Valerie," said Kai, bending closer to me. "Are you blackmailing me into dating you?" He didn't seem particularly disturbed by the notion. In...