A Different Summer (A 5SOS, L...

By --Bri--

Bailey considers herself about middle rank on the social hierarchy. She has no issue with her social status a... More

A different Summer (A 5SOS Fan fiction)
First Day
Chapter 1:)
Chapter 2:)
Chapter 3:)
Chapter 4:)
Chapter 5:)
Chapter 6:)
Chapter 7:)
Chapter 8:)
Chapter 9:)
Chapter 10:)
Chapter 11:)
Chapter 12:)
Chapter 13:)
Chapter 14:)
Chapter 15:)
A/N
Chapter 16:)
Chapter 17:)
Chapter 18:)
Chapter 19:)
Chapter 20 :)
Chapter 21 :)
Chapter 22:)
Chapter 23:)
Chapter 24:)
Chapter 25:)
Chapter 26:)
Chapter 27:)
Chapter 28:)
Chapter 29:)
Chapter 30:)
Chapter 31:)
Chapter 33:)
Chapter 34:)
Chapter 35:)
Chapter 36:)
Chapter 37:)
Chapter 38:)
Chapter 39:)
Chapter 40:)
Chapter 41:)
Chapter 42:)
Chapter 43:)
Chapter 44:)
Chapter 45:)
A/N
Chapter 46:)
Chapter 47:)
Chapter 48:)
Chapter 49:)
Chapter 50:) (What 50 OMFG)
Chapter 51:)
Chapter 52:)
Chapter 53:)
Chapter 54:)
Chapter 55:)
Epilogue
A/N
ITS OFFICIAL

Chapter 32:)

34.9K 707 242
By --Bri--

"When I close my eyes and try to sleep 

I fall apart and find it hard to breath

You're the reason the only reason

Even though my dizzy head is numb 

I swear my heart is never giving up

You're the reason 

The only reason"

-The Only Reason 5SOS

The screams drilled into my ears. I could hear and feel the pounding of the opening music radiate through the thin wooden door of our dressing room. Enmore. What the hell. I was about to play, with my little band at the Enmore theatre. What the actual hell. I was so nervous, we where due on stage in a mere half hour. My body was shaking as I paced up and down the burgundy carpeted floor, I was continually running my hands through my hair, which stood up on end. Messy and out of control.

"Luke calm down." Ashton groaned as he began drumming his fingers on the side of the couch.

"Like you can talk." I snapped.

"Where's Bailey when you need her?!" Calum groaned as he took a giant sip out of the plastic cup he was clutching onto for dear life.

"Wait, give me a sec." Michael pulled out his phone, dialling a number.

"Bailey, get here now your boyfriend his having an attack." 

He then hung up, a smirk plastered on his face.

"She's coming." I couldn't help but relax at the thought.

The next ten minutes where hell on earth. No one spoke and there was a lot of pacing, biting nails and swearing. Nervous swearing, everyone was twitchy and snappy. I was about to throw something at Ashton when the door to the room slowly opened.

Bailey.

"The silence is deafening!!" She chuckled shaking her head.

END POV

BAILEY POV

The scene before me was hilarious. The four boys in front of me looked like an absolute mess. They had food packets on the floor, Michael was just in his underwear and Ashton was lying face down on the floor without a shirt and as for Luke, his hair was an absolute mess. Eyes wide and skin pale.

"Oh My God." Luke gasped in relief as he ran towards me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. Holding on for dear life.

A chorus of "nawwwwwwwwws" followed which only made Luke drag me outside into the hall. He continued to hang onto me like I was a life jacket in a storm.

"Lucas what's wrong." I whispered into his hair. He had his head buried into the crook of my neck, his breath warm against my skin making me shiver.

"I'm scared." He mumbled into my neck.

"Hey, listen. Relax, do your thing." I soothed, lifting his head, cupping his face in my hands.

His crystal blue eyes still looked scared as they drilled into mine. My thumb rubbed gentle circles over his cheekbones. The movement made his eyes flutter closed, his dark lashes resting lightly on his cheeks.

"Try and relax." I smiled at his venerability.

"You're no helping.....you're turning me on....." He groaned, eyes still closed. A cheeky smile danced over his lips.

I'm not going to lie, my heart sped up.

"Nawwww Luke." I teased, his cheeks grew warm and red.

He hugged me tighter in response, standing up so he was now looking down on me.

"Stop....." He laughed as he gently backed me up against the brick wall. I could feel my heart begin to speed up, a smile dancing on my face.

Luke leaned in, his forehead placed on mine. His blonde fringed brushed against my forehead.

He leaned in and brushed our lips together. Again, this had been happening a lot lately.....no complaints.

"Luke..." I muttered against his mouth.

"Mmmmmm." He replied.

"We have company."

He jumped away from where he was pressed up against me. Sure enough, there was Ashton, leaning in the door way of the dressing room, arms folded, an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"We're on in 5."

I saw Luke tense up, the muscles in his back beneath his singlet top clenching together. Ashton left, leaving the door to the room open.

"Come on." I sighed, pulling Luke's hand along beside me.

"You'll be fine."

END POV

LUKE POV

I was freaking out. My guitar was hanging comfortably around my neck, yet the only thing that had comforted my nerves remotely was Bailey. She wasn't here now, so the tsunamis of butterflies couldn't be helped.

I was sweating bullets as the lights went black and the bright, white strobe lights began to dance and the screams only increased. There was a camera behind us, filming our very first music video. Some footage had been taken pre-show and now the live stuff just had to be shot.

"Go, go, go!!!" The beefy stage guard yelled over the intense screams.

Ashton twirled his drumsticks between his fingers and ran onstage first, jumping onto the platform in front of the crowd raising his arms, the screams increased. He then ran to the back of the stage taking his seat behind his drums. Calum ran on next, waving like crazy, taking his place on the left most side of the stage. Michael then ran on, giving me a fist pump as he passed. The screams where deafening at this point. I took a deep breath, slipping my ear piece into my ears, the sound of screaming decreased only slightly. I ran on, waving. The three of us then moved to face Ashton on his drum kit.

"One, two three four." Ashton yelled into the mic as he tapped his drumsticks together.

Michael and Calum turned as the screams consumed me. The beats to Out of My Limit started, Ashton drummed away and Mike and Cal played the harmony, it was my turn.

I began jumping on the spot and turned, screams erupted as I strummed firmly on the strings. I banged my head to the beats and jumped as the camera doing our music video skimmed past me.

I stopped and leaned towards the microphone and began singing.

"Back in high we used to take it slower. Red lipstick on and high heeled stilettos.

Had a job down town working the servo,

Had me waiting in line couldn't even let go. "

I jumped back from the mic as Calum took the bridge, Michael harmonising perfectly.

Then it was back to me, the chorus.

"You're just a little bit out of my limit." My eyes scanned the crowd, searching for Bailey.

"It's been two years now, you haven't even see the best if me.

And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times,

But it's almost over let's start over."

The three of us jumped back in sync and played the riff before the song continued.

The song had almost finished, it was now my solo. I felt it coming.

I ran up to the little stand area and set a foot on the stool, leaning back so my guitar was resting on my stomach. My fingers moved quickly and the sound and more screams erupted.

Then the song was over.

We played another 8 songs,

Unpredictable, Beside You, Gotta Get Out, Over and Over, Too Late, Perfect Disguise, Teenage Dirtbag and I Miss You. Two covers, the rest originals.

I was pretty proud with how everything went. Michael was ecstatic.

"I got a bra thrown at me!!! It was amazing!!" He yelled, clutching the material to his chest. His guitar was over his back the "do not cross" yellow and black safety tape strap only visible.

I was drinking out of a water bottle, beginning to feel cold as the sweat on my skin began to cool.

"That was radical." Ashton yelled from where he was flopped on the couch. His brown curls clung to his sweaty forehead. Everyone had huge grins on their faces.

I could hear chatter come to my ears from down the hall. Mikaela ran through the door first practically jumping on top of Ashton. I heard Ashton giggle as the breath whooshed from his mouth. Claudia quickly followed, then Lizzie. Michael sheepishly threw the bra into the darkest corner of the dressing room, a redness creeping into his cheeks.

But where was Bailey?

BAILEY POV

Once the concert ended I was overwhelmed with a wave of screaming fans trying to get a glimpse of the boys before they left. I felt myself being slowly separated from the other girls. The bodies and noise was intense. 

I kind of followed the crowd outside. The air was cold and fresh and the stars glimmered over head as I manoeuvred my way down the side alley towards the entrance of backstage. 

"Bailey.....babe." I shuddered at the sound. The oh to familiar sound. 

"Uhhh...." I stuttered as the figure uncurled itself from the wall, walking towards me. I could barely see his expression through the dark. Only a little orange glow from the cigarette that hung from his lips. 

"Cody." I replied bluntly as I tried to slip past him. I wasn't in the mood. Cody goes to our school and ever since I'd arrived he had been that creep in the corner of the room making rude and uncomfortable remarks about me. It was awkward. But, he was extremely hot, most girls questioned why I hated him so much. Simple explanation.He was a dick, shitty personality and was so up himself I was surprised he wasn't levitating already. Also I had the most amazing boyfriend, who had a killer personality and looks. Yes, that would be Luke. 

He walked closer and I could smell the smoke wafting from off his breath and the slight bitter smell of alcohol. He now had me backed into the brick wall. My fingers gently slipped into my back pocket where my phone was, ready and on standby. 

"Go jump off a bridge." I snapped as he rested his hands on my waist. 

"Babe." He replied gruffly. I shivered at the pet name. God I hated it. 

My thumb slipped over the lock screen, just as it began to vibrate. I knew instantly who it was. Luke. 

This sounds really retarded, but I have recently discovered these "custom vibrations" in my phone. Naturally, I created one for all of my closest friends. I pressed on answer. 

"Cody get away from me." I snapped again, louder. My sudden increase in pitch confused him. 

"It's real low doing this to a girl in an alley way." Luke was smart. He'd put two and two together. I knew it. 

"Bai." He muttered again this time he kissed me neck and I flinched away in disgust. 

"You're trapped." He yelled in my ear making me jump. 

"You're mine now babe." 

"NO SHE IS BLOODY #@$* !@#%# NOT!!!!" Luke burst through the back door just metres away, absolutely furious. His body shook with anger, his eyes no longer a light, happy blue. They where black. His hands where balled into tight, white fists.

"Get away.Now." His voice was sharp and dripped with a deathly amount of anger.

"No." Cody replied with a smirk.

"That's it." Luke yelled. He strode over and punched Cody, right in the jaw. Hard. That was going to leave more than a mark. Good. He deserved it.

"No you didn't." Cody spat, blood running down his chin from his split lip.

He took a punch at Luke but missed as Luke hit him again in the temple.

I was silently extremely proud.

"You're crazy dickhead." Cody spat at Luke's feet as he took out a cigarette and ran out of the alley.

"Oh My God Princess are you ok?" Luke gasped as he ran and embraced me.

"Yeah. Thanks Lucas." I smiled.

"Good. I swear if he....." The words that followed where definitely not PG-13 and shocked me to the bone once they'd left his mouth.

"Come on, lets go get pizza and celebrate with the others." I said, attempting to change the subject.

It didn't help. He was absolutely seething. To the point that he was shaking.

I'd never seen anything like it.

Ever.

It almost scared me.

--------------A/N

Hi!!!
So school is almost over for winter break I guess......

Sooooooo follow me on Instagram Bri.__._

comment and vote!!!

30 votes and 10 comments before next chapter please!!??

Also check out my Ashton Fanfic "The Perfect Disguise"

Thank you so much!! 

BriXx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.6K 47
When you're born, a small timer is imprinted on your wrist. This small timer counts down. It counts down to the moment you meet your soul-mate. Luke...
108K 5.8K 38
"I've got this feeling as if I'm drowning and I can't seem to get myself out of it." Haunted by the death of his mother, Luke tried all he could to...
142K 3.2K 44
Juliet is a teenage girl who gets bullied by four douches, but mostly by a guy with the name of Luke Hemmings. They somewhat have a strong hatred for...
214K 5K 44
(DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK 'Through the Dark') Sky's started a new chapter in her life without Harry, yet she's reunited with a...