Jilted at the Altar

nav_k21 tarafından

Ariella Marie Clark knew before she could even walk that one day she was going to walk down the aisle to marr... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
Author's Note II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Note
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Thirty Five

6.5K 206 15
nav_k21 tarafından

"I want a personal investigation"

Dalton straightened up and kept his wine glass on the sand. They were at the beach, lying on a blanket after dinner. It was their last night here in Westbrook.

"In regards to?" Dalton knew she was referring about Kaden. She had been preoccupied with it ever since she met Christine. It also crossed Dalton's mind a couple of times. How could Kaden be sleeping around and how could Dalton be such poor judge of character? It was either that or Kaden was one hell of an actor.

"Kaden. I want to get his past looked through with a fine toothed comb. I want to know how many were there"

"Look, I am not going to talk you out of this. I will arrange the company's PI but what is the point Ari? It will just bring on more pain and open up old wounds"

"I want to know till what extent that man stooped low; the man who I was going to marry and bring a child with into this world. I need to know. I just need to know"

"Alright, we are going to New York on Friday. I will talk to the PI at the company headquarters and see what they can find."

"Thank you" Ariella muttered as she leaned against Dalton.

"You are at one month and three weeks. The baby is perfectly healthy." Dr. Denise smiled as she finished the ultrasound.

It was Wednesday, three days before their engagement party. Today had been their first appointment at OB GYN.

Dalton leaned in and kissed Ariella.

"Thank you doctor" Ariella said as she got up.

"You know the drill by now. You can collect all the pre natal instructions and precautions from the reception. I will have your prescription sent in by tomorrow and you can collect the vitamins then. I will see you on our next appointment"

Dr. Denise smiled at the parents to be and left.

"You want to get a new dress for the party?"

"I already got one" Ariella smiled as she got into her clothes.

"Really? I was hoping I could spend the afternoon watching you model dresses for me" Dalton said as he stepped closer to Ariella.

"We should go home. Elisha..."

"Let her adjust to Maurice." Maurice was Mrs. Kathy's widowed daughter who had moved to NYC to live with Mrs. Kathy. When Ariella and Dalton decided to hire a nanny after their trip to Westbrook, Mrs. Kathy sent Maurice in for an interview. Maurice had worked as Nanny with several families in Chicago where she lived prior to the death of her husband.

"Okay"

"How about lunch?" Dalton said as he took her hand and they walked to the reception to collect the necessities.

They chose a small Italian diner near to the clinic for lunch.

"I was thinking of moving out before the baby comes" Dalton said as he poured juice for Ariella.

"But our OB GYN is here."

"How about we sell the penthouse and buy a house here in Boston? You know it would be an investment"

"We have sufficient rooms at the penthouse. We decided we will be moving after Elisha's second birthday either way."

"I just feel the penthouse isn't really a place for a growing child. She needs space to run around and play, like a backyard."

"If that's how you feel then we can look around."

"Good we can start looking when we come back from New York."

"We are going to be a family of four" Ariella said as she reached over and took his hand.

"I can't wait" Dalton lifted her hand to his lips.

It was the day of the engagement party. They had spent two days with Dalton and Ariella's family going out for lunches and spending time at both the houses. Aaron and Elaine had kept Elisha over last night and they were going to bring her over today.

"Dalton the party is going to start soon" Ariella smacked his chest as she tried to push him back.

"We have sufficient time" Dalton smirked as he backed her against a wall.

"Seriously, Reynolds. Get ready"

Dalton had just stepped out of the shower after unsuccessful attempts at getting Ariella to "shower" with him.

"Fine."

"Don't do that"

"What?"

"Like I just did the worst thing ever"

"You did"

Ariella narrowed her eyes at him while Dalton burst out laughing. She stomped into the shower and locked the door.

"Like that will keep me out" Dalton called out earning a yell in response.

Dalton clipped on his cufflinks. They were custom made and platinum with a 'D' interlinked with an 'A'. Ariella had gifted to him as an engagement present along with an emerald tie.

Dalton knotted his tie and adjusted the lapels of his charcoal grey suit.

"Ari, I am going downstairs, I will come and get you soon" Dalton knocked on the washroom door.

"Okay" came her reply.

Dalton closed the bedroom door and headed downstairs. Some of the guests had started arriving. He greeted people and talked business with some of his father's friends, accepting congratulations.

"Dadda!"

Dalton's face lit up as he saw Elisha running towards him with Aaron and Elaine behind her.

"Hey, there's my girl" he lifted her and hugged her, kissing her chubby cheeks.

"Hello Dalton" Aaron patted his back and Dalton leaned in and kissed Elaine's cheek.

"I am good. Thank you"

"Where is Ari?" Elaine asked

"She is getting ready." Dalton replied as he removed Elisha's hand from his tie.

"No baby" He adjusted her so she was facing the front.

Kate walked up to them.

"G..go get Ariella." She said as she held her hands out for Elisha.

"Okay"

Dalton opened the door to their bedroom and his jaw dropped to the floor.

Ariella looked stunning in her emerald green gown.

"You...wow...that" Dalton gulped and pulled at his collar.

"Tongue tied Mr. Reynolds?" Ariella said as she slipped on her heels and got up from the bed.

Dalton reached out and grabbed her by the waist.

"How about we skip this party?" Dalton muttered as he kissed her bare shoulder.

"Not a good idea. I didn't wear this pretty dress for nothing"

"I don't think it is legal for you to look this breath taking"

"You think so?"

"Yes but before you fry all my brain cells and I forget; I have something for you."

He let go of her and picked up a box from the dresser. He opened the box and pulled out a beautiful Patek Phillipe watch. It had an elegant golden round dial surrounded by small diamonds and a golden bracelet strap.

He held out the watch for Ariella and she took it.

"This is beautiful Dalton" She said as she caressed the round dial of the watch.

"Flip it over"

Ariella looked at him and then flipped the watch over. Her breathe hitched when she read the engraved message on the back.

"I will love you till the end of time"– D.M.R

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Words evaded her as the feeling overwhelmed her. How could she put into words how much she loved this man?

Dalton stepped up to her and gently took the watch from her hand. He closed the clasp around her wrist and then lifted her wrist to his lips.

"Dalton..."

"You deserve all of my love and much more Ariella" He said as he kissed her lips.

"I love you so much" She whispered.

"Come on, everyone is waiting."

The party was in full swing. Dalton didn't let Ariella out of sight even for a moment. He couldn't help himself. She was lighting up the whole room with her beauty. The emerald dress highlighted her beautiful skin and her auburn hair was twisted in an elegant up do with a few strands teasing her face and neck.

"I am so happy for both of you" William Sparks said as he raised his champagne flute for Ariella and Dalton.

"Nice of you to show up brother" Ariella remarked.

"You know how busy I am. I am sorry"

"I don't even remember the last time I saw you Sparks" Dalton said as he slid his arm around Ariella's waist.

"Stop whining. Let's hit the club tomorrow night, for old times' sake." William raised his eyebrow at Dalton.

"We will see but first tell me where have you been?"

"I spent a few months in Europe, just picking up experience. Anyway, where is Azalea?" William asked, directing his question to Ariella.

"She will be coming tomorrow. She got held up today."

"So you were in Paris weren't you?" Dalton smirked.

"What?"

"Oh don't even try Dr. Sparks." Dalton laughed. "It is all over your face"

Ariella joined Dalton, laughing as William blushed.

"Whatever. I need a refill" He muttered and rushed off.

"Ariella!"

Ariella turned around as one of her mother's friend called her.

Ariella nodded to the conversation but her eyes were on Dalton who was now talking to group of men, most probably his business associates. He looked ravishing in his charcoal grey suit which highlighted his broad shoulders and lean waist. His hair was slicked back, defining his perfect face structure. He caught her staring and winked at her. Ariella blushed and tried to focus on the conversation around her but couldn't.

She watched as one of the house staff came up and said something in his ear. His posture immediately tensed, his eyes sought hers. She saw the fury in those emerald eyes. With one last look at her he strode after the house staff.

"Excuse me" Ariella said politely to the lady and lifted her gown as she rushed after Dalton.

She gasped and grabbed the porch railing for support as she saw Dalton standing at the bottom step of the porch, his hands balled into fists at his sides and stance protective.

"Oh there you are Ariella" Kaden smiled as he took a step towards her.

"Don't you fucking dare" Dalton growled

"Going to stop me Reynolds?"

"Try me, you bastard"

And here is the moment I am pretty sure all of you have been waiting for!

What do you think is going to happen?

Please do comment and vote!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.8K 131 56
"I cannot tell you anything right now, but promise me, Mama Rica. Promise me you'll take care of him for me, now that I won't be here to." She took t...
1.1K 84 12
Jason is marrying his girlfriend of 6 months and his mom is meeting her for the first time the weekend of the wedding. Jason also has a baby sister K...
4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
781 184 38
||6x Featured|| Mirna Conlins has a confession: She likes being a runaway. And now, given the chance, Mirna wants to disappear. She just needs some c...