On The Run: Original Work Fro...

By penswift16

Who said it's easy being a drug kingpin? Sure, you have friends who'd be down for you, and family who'd never... More

Originals
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Stolen Work...AGAIN
Please Read!!!!
Stolen Work :/

Chapter Fifty

779 16 0
By penswift16

Lisedi

Aubrey had fallen asleep before I did. It was only midnight. He was the night owl normally. Tonight it was me. A mini marathon of Vanderpump Rules had me slightly entertained. There was a lot on my mind. Aubrey's birthday was this weekend. His friends had the celebration already planned. I was thankful because a majority of my focus was on his gift. Of course, I had to have something special for him when we were alone too. After dropping off Gissy, I was able to visit Agent Provocateur on Bloor Street to get what I needed to ensure that my husband had a great birthday nightcap.

Ethan kept popping up in my head. I shouldn't be thinking about him, huh? That's why I don't care to bring up to Aubrey. He automatically gets an attitude when that name is mention. I understood why. Maybe it's just me, but I'm interested in knowing where he is and if he's alive for that matter. At the end of the day, he was a brother to all of the men in this house at one point in time. Despite his horrible decision, part of me wanted to think they somewhat cared.

Work. My family at the bail bond agency. Would I ever be able to go back? I had clients when I left. I wonder if they were still under my name. What did the judge think of me? My supervisor. Even though my name was cleared there was still an association. I missed the adrenaline rush of bounty hunting and helping others turn their lives around for the better. Hell, I missed my desk and the perfect window view I had that looked out to the busy Toronto streets.

I thought about Hush. Our last conversation, my drawing that everyone wanted me to paint, and his last words that were spoken to Aubrey. To watch over his baby's  mother and his son when he arrived. He'd be here in three months or less. I wondered if he would look like his father. I hope so. What a better way to carry on his spirit here on Earth? What would his name be? Questions. As much as I wanted to see the bigger picture of the situation, the Italia thing was still irritating. I don't know what bothered me the most; the fact that we've never met? The fact that she hasn't made an effort to meet? That she can call my husband up whenever and expect him to drop everything and come running? Or that she may not know we're married? Could I just be jealous that he's doing all of this for a woman who isn't me? My answer would be all of the above. I'm comfortable with being open with Aubrey, but this is something I'd just keep to myself. The last thing I wanted was to sound insensitive, petty and selfish.

So why not take it upon myself to make the first step. I decided to take Tati up on her suggestion of inviting Italia over for dinner tomorrow night. I didn't have her number though. Aubrey's phone was sitting on the nightstand. I reached over and grabbed it, being careful not to wake him. He wasn't a very heavy sleeper. I ignored the notifications on his lock screen and typed in his passcode. 0806. My birthday.

Contacts. Italia. 416-222-3271.

I made sure I typed it in correctly on my phone before exiting out of everything and putting it back in its rightful place. I'd call her in the morning when I got up from my run.

"You still not sleep?" Aubrey mumbled.

"It's hard," I curled up underneath him.

His arm draped over me and pulled me closer, "if you turn that shit off then maybe you could."

"I like having the tv on," I pouted, even though his eyes were still closed, "it drowns out outside noises. I've grown to hate those."

"Ain't nothing for you to be scared of baby," he kissed my forehead, "I'm right here."

Whether it was the wind blowing making the leaves rustle or other acts of nature, those sounds made me alert and anxious. I had Colombia to thank for that.

"And I have heat under this mattress," he mumbled, "go to sleep."

I dug around for remote. Finding it at our feet. I turned the tv off. He had been letting me keep it on throughout the night since we've been back, so having this room now be pitch black had me out of my comfort zone.

He laid on his back so I could lay on his chest. His fingers found their way through my tresses to my scalp. It felt so good. One of the cute things he does that I've come to love.

8:45 rolled around quicker than expected. Still got those recommended eight hours of sleep in. My morning run was first on my list of morning rituals. I slipped on some tights, sneakers with double socks, long sleeved shirt, hoodie and a pair of clothes. 29 degrees. It was chilly but nothing I wasn't used to. The winters get really frigid between the end of December and the end of January. Snow had fallen overnight and was sticking for the moment. It was beautiful scenery to look at while exercising along with the other houses in this luxurious gated community.

2 miles was my distance. Fourteen minutes was my goal. Finishing at 13:40 was a success that I gave myself a mental pat on the back for. Now for my cool down mile. Just walking, focusing on breathing properly. Perfect time to call Italia and extend my invitation.

It rang four times. She picked up. It was some shuffling around before she spoke.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Italia right?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"It's Lisedi."

"Lisedi? Who is- Oh, Lisedi. Aubrey's girl. Um...hey? What's up?"

Aubrey's girl? Let's try wife.

"Nothing much. Um, I was wondering if you would like to come over for dinner tonight at Aubrey's? Sorry if I called too early. I didn't want to give late notice. I'm pretty sure you need your rest with the baby getting ready to come and all."

"Oh, it's fine. I was up anyway. Um...sure. That sounds cool. I don't see why not."

"Great. Is seven good for you?"

"Seven is works."

"Excellent. I can't wait to meet you and your belly! See you then."

She giggled, "Okay. See you guys then."

Aubrey

I tossed and turned after Lisedi left this morning. I'm a light sleeper, so it was harder for me to fall back asleep. I found myself scrolling through my Instagram instead of catching some more shut eye. I decided to post a picture for the hell of it.

I scrolled through my pictures to find a picture that I took of Liz in Colombia one morning. The sun shined through the window. Her back was faced towards the camera, as she laid in the white sheets of the California King Bed we shared. The sheets only covered the waist-down, and her hair was straightened at the time, pulled to the side. A beautiful view of her back, and you can see her silhouette through the sheets. Damn, I loved that ass.

champagnepapi Views... @lisscott

Notifications immediately blew up my phone, but I would go back to those a little later. I knew there was something I could be doing with my morning. Something I've been avoiding, but I knew it had to be done. A meeting with my mother. I couldn't put it off any longer, because I surprisingly missed her. I just knew she'd have a lot to say. After watching the news and reading the papers... She was probably going crazy.

I took a shower and got dressed. A white pullover hoodie, jeans, and white Nike air maxes. A gold chain just to accessorize.

I pulled out my phone to text Liz.

Aubrey: Can't sleep, so I'll be going to see my mom. I love you.

An immediate response.

Wifey ❤️: I love you too, babe. Drive safe please.

I smiled at the text. She was like a mom in some ways. That was something I adored.

I dialed my mom's number as I walked out to my car. She answered within a few rings.

"Aubrey?" She sounded excited.

"Yes, mom, it's me."

"Oh my god, you're... You're okay?" She now began to sound worried.

"I'm fine, I promise. I know I have a lot to explain to you, so... Get dressed. I'll be meeting you so we can go out for breakfast."

"Okay. I'll see you, soon."

"Alright."

The call ended. Me and my mother had a weird relationship. I wasn't as open to her as I should be, but everything has a reason.

I drove toward her house. A few minutes after driving, I noticed a familiar female running on the sidewalk, going to opposite way. I smirked when I realized who she was.

I rolled down my window, "God damn," I said loud enough so my wife could hear me.

Lisedi wrinkled her eyebrows as an instant reaction, with the who the fuck are you facial expression  when she turned to me. She laughed noticing it was me.

I chuckled, "See, now I know you don't fuck with niggas who cat call you on the streets and shit. I like that."

She smiled, "I'm not a cheater."

"I'm happy about that," I smirked. I motioned her to come closer.

She came up to the car, giving me a kiss, "This light's gonna turn green any second."

"I know. Hurry up before it does, so I can watch that ass run away."

She laughed before walking back to the sidewalk. Her ass looked perfect. She turned to wink at me before she started running again.

I shook my head as I rolled up the window. She was so fine, I couldn't take it sometimes.

The light turned green again, and I drove the rest of the way to my mother's house.

She answered the door almost immediately after I rang the bell as if she was just sitting by the door, waiting.

She immediately hugged me, her small figure attached to my waist.

I hugged her back, all sorts of emotions going through my head.

"I'm so sorry I messed up, Aubrey. You know I love you, right?" She looked up at me.

My heart almost stopped. She was blaming herself for my decisions.. And she's never told me she's loved me before. Not this way. Those words weren't something we exchanged with each other, really.

"I love you, too. And nothing I did was your fault."

"It is. If I was a real mother to you, you wouldn't be this way."

I sighed, holding her hand. I didn't have a response to that, at least not now. I walked her to the car, helping her inside.

I got around to my side. We had too much catching up to do.

A small diner that served her favorite. New York style cheesecake as dessert. And even though dessert doesn't follow breakfast, she didn't care. If I knew anything about my mom, that was definitely her favorite thing to eat, ever.

After ordering our food, she looked at me. She looked like she had so much things to ask me.

"How were you while I was gone?"

"Scared," she sipped her water.

I sighed, "I'm sorry I made you feel that way."

"I felt it in my heart, Aubrey. Remember I told you I had a bad feeling something was going to happen to you?"

"But nothing happened to me."

"My son fleeing the country to get away from cops? That's something to me."

"I didn't flee-"

"Aubrey, do you expect me to believe that you got kidnapped? As tall, strong, and powerful as you are, I doubt that. I know my son. All that newspaper crap didn't phase me. I knew what was going on."

"If you knew I didn't get kidnapped, then why were you scared?"

"Cause I know what you do. It's scary that you involve yourself around guns and violence.. It feared me that you wouldn't make it home," she frowned, her voice cracking a little.

"I was going to make it home, Mom."

"And you're so lucky you had that pretty girl to help you, Aubrey. Who is she? And why did she do all that for you?"

"Um, back then she was my girlfriend."

"You finally settled down with a woman after that drama queen who aborted my grandchild, huh? And what do you mean back then? It didn't last?"

"No, that's not what I mean. And yes, I did settle down. For real this time."

"For real? What are you trying to say?" Her eyes widened.

"I married her."

"What?!" She raised her voice.

"Ma-"

"You had a wedding without inviting your own mother?"

"No, no, mom. Relax. I married her legally. There was no wedding."

"I haven't even met this girl, Aubrey."

"Look, I just... I love her. Okay? She's my everything, and I didn't want her to come back to Toronto and something goes wrong. I wanted to protect her with spousal privilege."

She sighed, "Well, I guess I raised you to be a good man to the woman you care for, if anything."

"Yeah," I took a sip of water, "but I don't want to harp on all of that too much."

"Well we can talk about wherever you want," she smiled.

"My birthday is on Sunday. The fellas are throwing a party and...I would like it if you came."

"Oh, I'd love to! Where is it?"

"360 Restaurant at the CN Tower. Formal type thing. We haven't celebrated it together in a while. I owe that you."

"Whether I was with you or not on your birthday, I'd still celebrate. The best day of my life. Eight hours of labor. You started out being difficult," she chuckled.

"Hahaha, very funny," I laughed sarcastically, "but yeah...anyway I'll have something nice for you to wear. Not that anything in your closet won't do. I just wanted you to have something new."

"Well thank you, Aubrey. I'm looking forward to it," she said, "and I'm looking forward to meeting your wife. She'll be there right?"

I nodded.

"My, my, my 29 years old," she reached out and touched my cheek with her small hands, "you're growing up on me for sure, but you'll always be my baby boy."

Sentimental moments had been few and far between for as long as I could remember. I was never receptive to it. A wall would go up. Today was different. I couldn't let go of everything in my past that easily but I was willing to try. Having Lisedi has changed my outlook on life. She wanted me to work on my relationship with my mother. I loved seeing her happy, so if this did it I'm all for it. Plus in all honesty, it made me feel good to see my mother happy too.

I didn't keep her out too long. After breakfast, we walked around for fifteen minutes or so. Small talk and enjoying what surrounded us. Once we were back to her house, I helped her out of the car and walked her to the door. Hugs, see you Saturday and kisses on the cheeks. Her tiny frame had to use all of the stretch from her tip-toes. All of my height came from my father for sure.

I took a little detour around the city before heading back to the estate. Something about driving around solo, admiring the city that raised me and observing the people in it did something for me. Perfect time to think and clear your mind. I found it relaxing . A vibe I enjoyed.

The iron gates opened once I punched in the code. I drove up the stone driveway and watched then close behind me. I noticed the brake lights illuminate on my Rolls Royce. The drivers side door swung open. Lisedi stepped out. Walking back to the trunk that had been popped. It was filled with plastic white bags.

I jumped out of my car and used my remote to lock the doors.

"Hey, what you got going on over here, sexy?"

She turned back to look at me, then went back to strategically placing the bags on her arms, "Nothing. Just went out to the store for a little while."

"You went to the grocery store?" I noticed  Publix printed on the bags, "there's plenty of food in the house though. And you know I have people that do this. You didn't have to go to the-"

"Baby, I know you have maids and assistants and shit but I think I can handle grocery shopping," she said.

I offered to help her carry the bags in and took the ones she was already holding. I opened the front door, letting her walk in front of me. Views.

"What's all this for though?" I continued to inquire

"Dinner."

"Dinner?"

"Yeah, I wanted to make dinner for everyone tonight so we can eat as a family like we did every night in Colombia. We'll be having two special guest by the way."

"Who? Now you know I don't have just anybody in my house."

She chuckled, "you know this person sweetheart. Relax."

"Who is it?"

"Italia and her baby bump," she said proudly, "I invited her."

I felt my eyebrows furrow as I placed the bags down on the island. She started removing the items from them.

"You invited Italia here? Tonight?" I repeated just to make sure that I heard her correctly.

"Yes," her smile slowly faded to a frown, "is there something wrong?"

"No, I just-"

"I can call her and tell her we can do a rain check?"

"No, Lisedi it's fine. Really."

"Good," her smile brightened up again, "I'm going to do something simple. Burgers and fries. Does that sound good?"

"Yeah, it sounds great."

I continued to watch her bounce around the kitchen. There were several questions I wanted to ask, but I kept them to myself for the moment. First of all, how did she get Italia's number? That was random as hell. Then my mind went back to the little attitude she was giving me yesterday about leaving her at breakfast to take Italia to the hospital. What happened between then and now that made her want to all of a sudden invite her to my house. Not that there was a problem with it but I know Lisedi well enough to know when she's up to something. And she most definitely was.

Lisedi

Aubrey was definitely thrown off about my generous invitation to his friend's baby mamma. I figured it would, especially after my little attitude yesterday. He probably thought I was planning this as a set-up to show out. That's definitely not my m.o. How the hell do I look turning up on a pregnant woman? This would simply serve as a setting for us to be properly introduced and acquainted.

One of the guys called for Aubrey. They were out in the garage doing something with the car and wanted his opinion. He left me there to finish putting everything up. It was still early in the day. Mid-afternoon. I'd come back down around five to start cooking. I'll go lock myself in my art room for the time being and put the final touches on Aubrey's birthday gift for tomorrow.

Incoming Call: 416 777 3881

I didn't recognize the unsaved number and typically wouldn't answer, but for some reason I went ahead and tapped the green icon.

"Hello?" I placed it on speaker and sat it on my stool so my hands were free to gather my materials.

"Hello? Lisedi?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. That voice was familiar. I slowly turned back around to go pick up my phone.

"Hello? Is this Lisedi?" The person on the other line said again.

Then it clicked. That voice belonged to none other than Ethan. How could I forget it? Him holding me and Sergio's guy at gunpoint in the car and forcing us to drive to an abandoned house where we talked. How in the hell could I forget that.

"Yes this is her," I clicked it off speaker and brought it to my ear, "what do you want Ethan?"

"I just need to talk for a minute. Don't hang up."

"You have a minute. Go."

"I've been trying to get in touch with AG. He's not answering me. I'm back in Toronto. I don't know if you knew this but I used to live with him before all this shit went down...so all of my shit is there. I'm on my cousin's couch right now but there are somethings I need from AG's spot."

"Aubrey was kind enough to put all of your personal belongings in storage. I don't know where, but I know it's a storage facility."

"Could you get that information and relay it to me?"

"It's under his name. You won't be granted access to it," I said, "and you're calling me like everything is normal...what the hell happened to you? How are you in Toronto? You weren't on that plane with Travis."

"Cause I wasn't around when the feds came."

"And how is that? Cause you were as sure as tied up as the rest of them."

"He let me go."

"What? Who?"

"AG. He came back and let me go," he said, "I flew back here a day or so after yall did."

Aubrey let him go? There's no way in hell. He would've said something.

"You're lying. If he did then he'd answer your phone calls."

"That nigga is complicated. You know that. Him letting me go wasn't us being cool again, it was a favor for a favor for what happened with Que."

Ethan kills Que to save Aubrey's life. In return, Aubrey frees Ethan from bondage the day I call Uncle Jet with our story. Now that at least had some logic in it.

"I said it that day it was just me and you in that house and I'll say it again. You two need to have a man to man sit down about all this shit. Now that Travis is locked away, you two need to get your shit straight. I'm not your biggest fan here, but I heard your side. Don't you think Aubrey should hear it to? I've tried to be the middle man, but he wasn't hearing it. I'm not even supposed to be having conversation with you."

"From the little time I've known you, I know that you don't let him tell you what to do."

"That you are right about."

"He ain't gonna listen to me. That's clear. I want to talk to him though. I just needed the chance. If you can set that shit up to work out somehow I'll be there. Just give me the place and time."

"I'll see what I can do.  I can't make any promises."

"Thats real."

"And about your things... I'll get back to you on that too. This is your cell number?"

"Yeah, lock me in."

"Alright, bye."

"Peace."

The call ended. I would have to talk about this to Aubrey sooner or later, but today was not that day. I knew the subject of Ethan gave Aubrey negative feels, so I decided to put that off for another time.

I finished off the painting within an hour, thinking it looked perfect. All I had to do next was put my signature in a bottom corner, and everything would be done.

The rest of the afternoon was okay. I spent a little time with Aubrey, and the guys. Gisela was up in the guest room Aubrey had granted her. She had put me on about what happened between her and Chubbs the other night, and she wasn't with being near him. She was furious with him, and a little more furious with herself for still being in love with him. At this rate, I think they should just talk it out. But they're difficult sometimes, so that won't happen until someone decides to be the bigger person and go the extra mile for the other. And that will probably be Chubbs, since he's the reason for all of this in the first place.

The guys were cyphering a few blunts, but I decided not to join. I did not want to be intoxicated in any shape or form when Italia came over. My baby was high as a kite, and he hid it well. But I knew when he was. He was a little more goofy than usual, wanting to make everybody laugh, including himself.

I wanted to change for dinner. Nothing too much, of course. A quick shower that Aubrey's high ass joined, which made it turn into a 35 minute shower. I don't think I've ever laughed so much during sex than I did this time. But then again, they say if you don't laugh during sex at least once, you're fucking the wrong person.

He asked my opinion on what he should put on, and my answer is always the same. Seeing him in a sweatsuit just does something to me, and it might do something to Italia, too, just in case is trying to mess with my man. So I'd rather him put it on just to show how much he belongs to me.

He threw on a grey one. His beard was growing in a little. He had told me that he's getting it trimmed for his little birthday celebration in two days, but still, he looks good. Sexy as hell, actually.

"Now what should I wear?" I sat naked on the bed.

He looked around the room before walking towards to dresser, grabbing a bottle of lotion. He handed it to me.

"Nigga, I said what should I wear."

"This. Put on lotion and that's it. Cancel dinner and just stay up here with me for the rest of the night, so I can fuck you a few more times."

I glared at him with the stale face.

He tried to hold in his laughter, "That's not a good idea to you?"

"You're like a big ass little boy when you smoke weed, I'm about to stop you from doing that shit."

"Relax, I'm just trying to make you smile. You can't tell me what to do, by the way."

"Oh, yea?" I grabbed the bottle of lotion, "What if I told you it's either weed or pussy?" I squeezed some lotion into my hand before lotioning myself.

"You got a point," he smirked.

I giggled, "But, really.. Should I wear something fancy? Or..?"

"Baby, we're eating at home. And you're making burgers and fries. Wear something casual and simple."

"You're definitely right," I continued to lotion myself.

He watched me get dressed. I slipped on a button up, denim dress that perfectly cinched in at the waist.

"Should I put on shoes, or?"

"No, you're going to stay in the house. It makes no sense."

"Okay, okay," I nodded.

I put my hair in a neat top knot, leaving out curly strands. Gold hoop earrings that Aubrey randomly bought for me in Colombia. I've grown to love them.

"No makeup, right?"

He shook his head, "Come here," he patted his lap.

I playfully rolled my eyes before walking towards him, sitting on his lap.

"You look gorgeous just like that. Why would you need makeup? I think you're doing a little too much to impress another woman."

"I just... I don't want her to think lowly of me, you know? I mean not that I care about her opinion of me, but I just... I want her to know that I'm everything."

He laughed, "But why?"

"Because, I don't want her abusing the privilege of calling you up for anything she needs and I don't need her running back to anybody calling me ugly," I flipped my hair, "She needs to let people know Aubrey Graham's wife is the shit."

He laughed louder.

I pouted, or at least tried to. His laugh was contagious, so I was trying my hardest not to laugh along with him.

"Baby, you already know you're the shit. Everybody knows that. If you wasn't, you wouldn't be mine."

I smirked before pecking his lips, " And yes, baby, I know I am the shit. I just gotta make sure she knows, too," I smirked before getting off of his lap.

He chuckled, "You're something else," he stood up too.

I started to walk out the door, "I just hope this dress doesn't get dirty while I'm cooking."

"So why didn't you cook before getting dressed?" He followed behind me.

"Because I want the food to be hot when I serve to her. Not microwaved warm. She should be getting here before the foods even finished."

"Okay, baby. Whatever you say," I could hear him snicker behind me.

I thought about whether or not I really wanted to make my own burger patties for the large group of men (who will damn sure eat more than one burger) in this house. And hell the fuck no, I was not. Im usually more enthusiastic to make my own things from scratch when cooking for my husband alone. But with his family of friends? That was going out the damn window. Frozen burger patties, doctored up with some seasoning, will definitely have to do for this occasion.

My husband, of course, snuck in for a sample of the food. I made a rule that no one could eat before everything was done as a whole, and of course Aubrey had to break it. And I couldn't tell him no, that's my baby.

I liked feeding him my food, and watching him enjoy it. So I let him get away with half of a burger, while I ate the other half. No one knew, though.

The doorbell rang, I could hear it with the small speakers that ran throughout the house.

One of them was going to get it, they knew she was coming over. I was on my last set of parties, so I couldn't leave the stove. I didn't want to risk burning them.

I could hear all of them greet her. I looked down at my wedding ring, spinning it around on my finger. I was excited to meet her. Probably a little more excited to make it clear that my man is mine more than anything. It's a selfish thought, but a feeling I definitely could not shake.

Once I made sure the patties were done, I turned the stove off.

Time to introduce myself, I thought.

I made my way to the dining room when I saw a beautiful brown toned woman sitting in a seat. Her bump was obvious in the cute long dress she wore. Her jacket was draped over the back of her chair.

She looked up, away from her conversation with Aubrey and locked eyes with me. A polite smile spread across her face. I made my way to her.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," she said enthusiastically as she tried to stand up.

"Oh, no, it's fine," I reassured her that she could stay in her seat. I leaned over to hug her, "It feels great to finally meet you, too," I observed her shoulder length, wavy hair, "And I love your hair cut."

"Thank you," she smiled before looking at my hair, "If my hair was long enough to do that, I'd do it. It's cute, too."

I smiled, "Thank you."

"Girls always bond over the weirdest thing," Aubrey interjected our conversation.

"Hush," I playfully shooed him away, "I'll bring the food out in a few minutes. I'll be right back," I ran back off to the kitchen.

After preparing the burgers and fries, I brought big plates of them to sit in the middle of the table, so everyone could just grab what they wanted. I was not making individual plates.

I called the guys to the dining room as I finally sat down.

"It's crazy, because the Aubrey I knew wouldn't settle down to save his life. Now look. I'm meeting his girl," Italia giggled.

"His wife," I smirked, and played it off as if I was being friendly, but no. I wanted her to recognize that I was his wife. Nothing less.

"Yea... That," she looked as though she was almost brushing it off, "Your body is amazing, girl. It's all natural?"

"Of course," I giggled, "Surgically enhanced butts are way bigger than mine. This is all working out and eating good."

"I may need you to train me after I have this baby. I need my tummy to snap back, and I need a booty like yours."

I smiled, "I'd love to make that happen. I thinks it's important that we develop a friendship considering my husband's position in your life."

She nodded, looking slightly uneasy, "I agree."

The guys started sitting around the table, greeting Italia. Our conversation paused for now, as we were making our own plates and saying grace.

We dove into the food immediately after.

Compliments on the food came from everyone, which I was very pleased to hear.

"This is really good," Italia nodded as she ate the food.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Did Aubrey help make it?" She asked me before smirking at him.

Aubrey shook his head before laughing. Is there an inside joke I don't know about?

I wrinkled eyebrows, "What's so funny?"

"Years ago I was at the house with Hush, and Aubrey decided to try and make dinner. It was a disaster," she giggled at the thought of it.

"Listen, I've gotten better," Aubrey chuckled, "My baby taught me a few things."

I threw in a fake giggle just to ease the tension, but I did not like this. Maybe I was being a little too jealous.

Italia looked back to me, "So, when Aubrey and I were talking the other day over breakfast, I found out that I've been working under your mother as her dental assistant. Small world, huh?"

She what? I didn't too much inquire about my mother's job. Hell, we barely talked. Seriously a small fucking world.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Dr. Elsa Scott? Waterview Dental on Queens Quay West?"

I knew enough to know that's where she worked at though.

"Yep. That's her," I nodded, "you must have a time working for her. Not the easiest woman in the world to work for I'm sure."

"Yeah, you're right about that," she said, "she has high expectations and is a stickler for time."

"Small world indeed," I forced a smile and went back to eating my food.

She started up another conversation with Aubrey. Something about a pool party he had thrown a while back. Italia had ended up beating up a chick that was pushing up on Hush. All of the guys were laughing and chimed in on the memory. I had my phone in my lap and replied Tati's texts.

Tati

Tati: what's going on??

Tati: biiiiiitchhh hello???

Lisedi: where eating now. She keeps referring to me as Aubrey's "girl."

Tati: correct that ass pregnant or not bitch better get it right!

Lisedi: I did. Several times...and she just told me that she works in the same dental office as my mom

Tati: I guess...

Lisedi: now they're talking about a party from last year... how she beat up some girl ...I'm schleep.

"So what's going on with that kid in there?" Chubbs changed the subject, "have a name yet?"

She smiled and rubbed her belly, "well you guys already know that it's going to be a boy. I decided to name him after his father. Antonio Sahil Suresh, Jr."

All of the boys smiled. They immediately started talking about being uncles and godfathers, referring to the baby as Baby Hush or Husher Raymond, Jr, a nickname that they often called their fallen friend.

Italia spoke up, "Oh, Aubrey I have an appointment early next week just to make sure everything is okay after that Braxton Hicks thing. You said to let you know."

"Right. Just text me the time," he sipped his water, "it would probably be better for me to drive huh? You are supposed to be on bedrest. I'll pick you up. We don't want that shit happening again while you're trying to drive."

"Thank you. That was thoughtful."

I cleared my throat, "I can take you."

I felt all eyes turn towards me.

"My husband is a very busy man, running two well established businesses and all. Not to say that he doesn't have the time to do what his dear friend asked of him but as his wife I feel as if I should extend a hand to help out, so I'll take you. You have my number, so send me the details. And as for anything else you may need in the future, feel free to call me."

An awkward silence fell over the room. Eyes looked from left to right. Aubrey looked at Italia, who looked both confused and offended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 425 18
When you've never been given anything but a hard ride, it can be hard to see why living is worth it. But sometimes it takes something special to wak...
98 0 6
I was finally happy new house, new car, new clients , new bae who I was in love with, turning up with my best friends, Life was finally going my way...
4.8K 46 43
Being famous can have its ups and downs a bad thing is the Paparazzi but the good thing is you get to meet new people everyday. Even run into someon...
Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

185 28 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...