~Weird~ Connor Murphy x Rea...

By jxllycee

Unlike the majority of weird things that happened to me, I'm glad you happened, because I was able to find so... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
thank you

THIRTEEN

7.7K 238 621
By jxllycee

You

Dad was pretty angry when he called me. I sat on Connor's bed while answering his parenting questions. We both tried our hardest not to crack up at his frantic calling.

"Why aren't you home? Where are you? You said you were coming home right after." He said over the phone.

"Are you even at home?" I asked.

"Y/N!"

I sighed, "Chill out, I'm at a friend's place and we're doing homework."

"You're at Connor's place?"

"Who else am I friends with?" I chuckled. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Connor smile.

"Anyway," I said as I adjusted my towel that was wrapped around my shoulders, "It's raining pretty hard." When I looked at Connor, he nodded at me. We wanted to ask my dad if I could sleep over since it was a weekend. "So, can I spend the night at his place?"

"Ask his parents." My dad then hung up. I turned to Connor, who was picking at his black nail polish.

"Did you ask your parents?" I asked as I dried my wet hair. Connor was about to answer until my phone vibrated again.

Dad: I texted Larry and he said it was alright as long as you guys don't cause any trouble.

My face lit up like a child as I read the text out to Connor.

"So as long as you don't cause any trouble." He repeated, "That should be easy for you, Miss Goody-Goody."

I cocked an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean? I'll have you know I can be rebellious."

"Oh really?"

"Yep." I confidently said while popping the 'p'. "Like this one time at this sampler stand, I took two of them instead of one. And I crossed the road."

"Yea?" Connor crossed his arms.

"Without looking both ways." I finished really dramatically while leaning forward.

He pursed his lips and nodded his head slowly. "Looks like you win, Y/N." He laughed lightly. He laughed that damn genuine laugh that for some reason made me feel there was butterflies in my stomach. I reached for my phone and texted my dad back.

Me: what about his mom?

Dad: You can ask her yourself.

Me: wow

"When I came in, your mom said I could stay as long as I wanted, so now you have to deal with me." I explained. "I'll just tell her once she's back."

"Where is she anyway?" Connor asked, surprisingly curious. I shrugged.

"She just said she was going to run some errands or something."

"Thought so."

I wrinkled my eyebrows, "So you're home alone like all the time? I don't think Zoe or your dad is here."

"Uh, yea." Connor replied as he got up and stretched.

Sighing, I finally say, "Alright then, I haven't been to a sleepover in a long time, what exactly do you do?"

Connor chuckled as he adjusted his short, messy bun. I smiled a little, realizing that he's kinda adorable with his hair up. Actually, "kinda" was an understatement.

"Well," he began as I snapped out of my gaze, "You know, from what I've heard, the first thing people do at a sleepover is to raid the pantry."

•••

Zoe came home while Connor and I were chatting in the kitchen before we took most of the snacks upstairs. "Hey Zo! I'm sleeping over here, so not only will I annoy the crap outta Connor, I'll be bugging you as well." It felt odd having a sort of silly and happy tone in my voice. Zoe chuckled.

"If Connor annoys you, you're welcome to hang out with me, Y/N." Connor glared at his sister as she asked "Oh come on, do you know what a joke is?"

Once again, I was in the middle of a Murphy quarrel. It didn't last very long because Connor just gave up and signaled me to follow him up to his room with the snacks. Before we even got to the stairs, his mom walked through the front door. She put on a warm smile as she greeted us.

"Hello, uh, Y/N right?" she asked as she struggled with her groceries. Zoe came over and helped with the bags.

"Yea." I replied as I smiled back. "Actually, I was wondering if I could spend the night? My dad had texted your husband and stuff... I mean- It's alright if I don't because I don't wanna like bother you or anything-"

I was almost rambling before she stopped me. "It's perfectly okay, dear. If you need anything, ask Connor, Zoe, or me."

I glanced at Connor, who was looking down and picking at his nail polish again. I looked back at the mother. "Thanks Mrs. Murphy."

"Cynthia is fine, hun." She said as she made her way to the kitchen, not paying attention to the various snacks that were put out.

Connor and I both gathered our stuff and shuffled our way upstairs. "Thanks Mom!" Connor called out.

"Use a condom!"

"ZOE!" Cynthia scolded. My eyes were wide. I froze as I almost dropped a small plastic cookie jar. Connor looked back at me to see if I was okay. He had the same shocked but priceless expression. I motioned for him to move forward.

The first thing Connor did was land face first onto his bed, dropping the snacks all over the place. I carefully set the food down on his crowded desk.

"So.." I coughed. "The Doritos are crushed now..."

Connor groaned into his pillow as I turned around. "What the.. you alright there, Murphy?" I asked. "You know Zoe just said that as a joke."

He turned over and faced the ceiling. I scored closer to him, "Oh come on, do you know what a joke is?" I asked, repeating Zoe. He smiled up at me. God, was he beautiful.

I put on a bright smile as I thought of an idea. "Con."

"What?"

I turned to him with a big smile. He sighed, "This can't be good." He muttered.

"You should let me paint your nails." I suggested.

"What?"

I stood up quickly. "You always pick at them so they're chipped. "Come on, you look really good with them!"

He stopped me before I got to his desk. "I- I dunno Y/N, it was just a one time thing and I wanted to try it. I don't even look that good in black polish."

"'I don't even look that good in black polish' my ass, Murphy." I imitated Connor's voice. He let out an exasperated sigh.

I grabbed the Hot Topic nail polish from his desk. "Okay, can I just paint one hand?"

He reluctantly took a seat across from me. I smile and keep his cold hands in place while I paint the first nail. Connor can say what he wants, he does look good in this. He rested his chin on his hand and patiently waited.

"So what gave you the idea to paint your nails?" I asked as I concentrated.

"I don't know, it was just a new thing I wanted to do. Like, something new."

I nodded. "That's cool." My phone buzzed and vibrated on the table, making me accidentally swish the brush Connor's fingertip.

"Shit, sorry."

He quickly took his hand away to clean it. "You're fine. Is that from your dad?"

I groaned as I read the message. "Jared."

Connor stared at me, wide-eyed. "You have his- his number?"

"I don't know either. Lemme text him back, he won't shut up if I won't."

Me: what

Bath Bomb: CALL ME

I showed Connor the message. "Are you going to?" He asked as he struggled to clean his finger, wincing as the nail polish remover found its way to a cut.

"No." I replied, helping him clean. "I'll just ignore him, he's just gonna say something stupid. I'll just place it on 'do not disturb'"

He nodded as I continued to paint his nails. We tried to ignore the constant vibrating, which was for some reason, coming from Connor's phone.

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

BUZZ

"Connor just put it on-"

He jerked his hand from mine again and grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing..?"

"Calling him to tell him to shut the fuck up." He clicked the Facetime button before I stopped him.

Jared appeared on the screen. Connor leaned over. "Jared Klienman, why do you have my number?"

"I need to ask you guys something." Jared snickered. He pushed his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose.

I leaned forward too, "Ask away Jared." I said less harshly. "Hurry up, I'm busy."

"Okay.. so," he began. I glanced at Connor, who looked like he was ultimately regretting tapping the call button.

"If there's a milkshake in one yard, but someone cracks open a cold one in another, which yard do the boys go to?" He asked, seeming genuinely curious.

Connor's mouth hung open and so did mine. The guy with the glasses just laughed.

"Jared.. you-"

Connor interrupted me, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Motherfucking bath bomb eating son of a BI-"

A/N- theendingwassobadimsorry

ah jared and his questions. this chapter was longer than usual! (whopping 1543 words woooo)

hope you enjoyed this chapter :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...
93 5 2
Kleinsen oneshot, 14k "This-" Jared points between them, still looking through his bag, "we are not doing this. Please, Evan. We're catching up, like...
59 18 17
This story is about an 18 yr old girl who feel lost and broken. She had once felt complete when she was with her cousin and her friends. Then at the...
7.2K 410 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...