Life Of Kaia (Complete)

By tuillaxoh

"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm los... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
πŸ“· CHARACTER PICSπŸ“·
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
πŸ’œCHARACTER UPDATEβœ”
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
πŸ“·CHARACTER UPDATEπŸ’—
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Part One
Chapter 27: Part Two
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
CHARACTER UPDATE
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
πŸ’₯CHARACTER UPDATE &A/NπŸ’₯
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Must Read: Author's Note🌹
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - Part I: Kaia's POV
Chapter 79 - Part II: Ash's POV
Chapter 80
AUTHORS NOTE
T R A I L E R ! ! ! 🎬πŸŽ₯
NEW BOOK!!!
β™₯BONUS CHAPTER!!β™₯
ATT: BOOK 2 πŸŽ‰πŸ‘

Chapter 34

235 14 6
By tuillaxoh

I'm as light as a feather. Laying on a cloud with not a care in the world. The cloud is soft, weightless. I close my eyes and just breathe. No stress, no worries, just pure happiness.

I can hear 'Fix You' playing in the distance as I try to wake from my sleep.

I hear someone humming along to the song, such a pleasant voice.

I open my eyes and blink a few times. Where did the cloud go?
I'm in my bed, still in last night's outfit and just like every weekend, I've got a headache.

"Good afternoon, sleepy head" Dani calls out from her study table. She had music on and was working on a paper.

"Hey" I managed to say. My mouth was dry and I was dying for water. I slowly step out of bed and walk to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. I chug it down with two pain relievers.

"I feel like crap" I say, walking back to my bed.

"You should. You had quite a night last night. Very eventful" Dani said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I ask Dani.

Dani takes off her reading glasses and turns to face me.

"Your little photoshoot, it's already up on the net, and damn gurl it's fire" Dani said excitedly.

"Oh my God,  what?!" I said, jumping out of bed and heading for the laptop.

"Show me!" I said to Dani, anxious to see my fails.

Dani quickly logs in and pulls up Marissa's page.
She clicks on my photo and turns the laptop to face me.

"Is that me?" I asked in awe.
That can't be me. That girl looks gorgeous and fearless. I, on the other hand am a total awkward mess.

"Mm hmm, that's you gurl and you're killing it. Get drunk and take more pictures often, you've got more than 7k likes".

"Wow, this is unbelievable".

"Yeah, it is and the best part is that the photographer asked Marissa if he could put the images on his website and social media. I'm guessing she agreed because the J.C Photography page is blowing up right now" Dani said, going through his page.

Oh no, Marissa didn't even ask if I wanted my pictures put up, I thought this was only for her page? If I knew he was going to put it up on his site and social media, I wouldn't have agreed. Dammit!

"They didn't even ask me if it was alright to use my face on his site. Marissa should have at least contacted me about it" I said to Dani. I can't believe this.

"Yeah, I guess she should have" Dani said, closing the browser window.

"I'll call her right now" I said, before standing up and grabbing my phone.

I dial her number from memory and wait for her to answer. It rings more than 7 times before going to voice-mail.  Great! She's not answering.

I decided to call James and ask why he didn't ask for my permission first.

I fetched his card from my bedside table and dialled the number.

Straight to voice-mail. Wow, that's great J.C Photography, you sure know how to handle your customers.

I sigh loudly after failing to contact them both. I pick up his card again and look at the address. It's only 5 minutes from here. I'll walk. I need the air.

I freshen up and change out of last night's clothes. I grab a pair of jeans and a simple top. I slip on my converse and tie up my knotty hair.

"I'll be back, Dani" I said as I grabbed my bag and my phone.

"Okay blondy" she replied.

***
It's after 4pm when I leave my room for James place. I'm guessing he's probably at home right now satisfied with the increase in attention he was getting online.

I walk past the car park and the stairs to where my room used to be. Thank goodness I don't have to walk up anymore stairs.

As I pass the dorms a familiar voice calls out to me.

"Hey! Kaia! Wait up".

I quickly turn around to see who it is.

Coming out of the corner with jeans and a hoodie on is Ash.

I turn around and keep walking once I realise that it's him. Why did he call me anyway?

"Wait up" He calls again.
This time he starts walking to catch up with me.

"Where you headed to?" He asked in a cheerful voice.

I'm sorry,  did you forget that I hate you?

"None of your business" I replied.

"It looks like it's gonna rain soon, I'll drive you" He said, standing in front of me to block my way.

"Don't care if I get wet" I said stubbornly, pushing past him to continue walking.

I think he got the message because he stopped following me. Good, because I can't let him see me cry.

The tears begin to well up and I blink rapidly to try and stop it.

I keep walking until I reach the entrance to school. Just as I pass the security, I hear a car coming towards me.

"Get in the car, Kaia!".

I turn to my left and see Ash calling out to me. I roll my eyes and continue walking.

"It's gonna rain any minute now, get in" He said.

"Shouldn't you be worrying about Yvonne instead of me?" I spat.

"I only care about you, now get in. You don't even have to speak to me" He said.

I look up and see the sky turning grey. Looks like he was right.

I roll my eyes and scoff, then open the door to his car and slide in.

I sit quietly and avoid all eye contact. Memories flash as I remember the day at the creek. I slowly put my head down and pretend to be looking at my phone.

"So where were you going, love?" Ash asks me and I suddenly get angry when he calls me love.

"James place" I said, looking outside, trying to escape the awkwardness.

"Wow! That was fast..but okay, I'll take you there" He said.

For the rest of the very short ride, Ash didn't say anything else and I was fine with that. I didn't wanna start crying anyway.

We arrived at an apartment complex which looked pretty posh. Looks like every apartment had a view, a pool and a nice balcony. Must cost a fortune though.

Ash parks beside James motorcycle and unbuckles his seat belt.

"I'm taking you up" He said in a serious tone.

"I'm not a baby, Ash. You don't have to" I answered back.

Ash looks at me with a concerned face.

"You don't know James very well, Kaia. It's best that I join you".
And with that he gets out of the car and walks towards the entrance. The floor was black and white tiled, clean and waxed. Wow. We take the elevator to the 5th floor. I don't look at Ash,  I just stare at the floor as we're going up. Soon as the we step out there's a total of four doors. James room number is 5C which was the second door on the left.

Ash walks up and knocks loudly on the door. After a few seconds James opens it. He is dressed in only a pair of boxers with a sandwich in his hand.

"Hey mate" He greets Ash. 

"Hi gorgeous" He says to me, opening the door wider for us to step inside.

Ash walks in first with me behind him. James takes a seat on his couch and signals for us to take a seat as well.

"What can I do for you, Kaia?" He asks me. He had a slight smile and his blue eyes were twinkling with interest.

"My pictures, I want them taken down" I said sternly.

Ash looks at me in suprise. Guess he didn't know what I was coming here for.

"Okay, slow down babe, no need to get angry" James said raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Don't call me that!" I said, getting pissed off.

"Don't call her that!" Ash says loudly, giving me a shock.

"Look, I asked Marissa this morning for permission and she said you would be fine with it so I went ahead and uploaded it" James said, looking from me to Ash.

"But it's not her decision to make James, nevermind what she said. I'm here now and I'm asking you politely to take them down" I said to him. He's really getting on my nerves.

"Well go speak to Marissa, she's the one who faxed over her signature, meaning I can use these as my own, where I want.

"Let me see them" Ash says, standing up from the couch.

James leads Ash down some stairs and into his studio. I sit on the couch fiddling with my bag. I can't believe Marissa would do that to me.

After a while I heard James and Ash arguing. I quickly padded over to where they were standing and saw Ash pushing James and shouting swears at him.

"What's going on?!" I shouted.

Ash and James stopped arguing and both looked at me.

I looked into the studio and saw that James made huge copies of my pictures. The one placed in the center was the one I least liked, which was me on the bike. I hated it because of how my butt looked. It looked like I was seeking attention with my behind sticking out like that. Which is so not true.

I looked at Ash who was now only inches away from James, looking him directly in the eyes with an angry look on his face.

"Take down her pictures, now. Both this and the ones online" Ash threatened James.

"What's it to you anyway bro? She's super hot, just look at that ass. My site deserves a little something like that" James says to Ash with a wink.

Ash's fists were balled at his sides and all of a sudden he punches James in the face.

"Don't you fucking talk about my girl like that you piece of shit!" Ash shouts with rage as he punches James repeatedly.

"Stop it! Now!" I said, running to them and pulling Ash away from James. 

"Let's just go, now!" I said, pulling Ash's hand out of the studio.

"No Kaia! Let me teach him a lesson" Ash says, trying to break away from my grip.

"Ashton! That's enough, we're leaving!" I said sternly, walking briskly out the front door.

I don't know what I should be more mad about-- James not taking my pictures down, Ash starting a fight....or Ash calling me his girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 1 7
π„π‹π„π€ππŽπ‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀, a freshman in college studying Finance, who loves to read. She is very smart and has anger issues, but that doesn't matt...
308K 11.7K 43
❇❇❇ Avery Jenkins is a college disaster. She's barely passing her grades and she thinks boys are a waste of time and there's no decent men left. Unt...
2M 67.3K 67
"Little Valerie," said Kai, bending closer to me. "Are you blackmailing me into dating you?" He didn't seem particularly disturbed by the notion. In...
71.8K 1.9K 28
Kayla was 12 years old when her parents were killed. At a young age she saw, her father die and her mother get raped and killed right in front of her...