Life Of Kaia (Complete)

By tuillaxoh

"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm los... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
πŸ“· CHARACTER PICSπŸ“·
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
πŸ’œCHARACTER UPDATEβœ”
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
πŸ“·CHARACTER UPDATEπŸ’—
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Part One
Chapter 27: Part Two
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
CHARACTER UPDATE
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
πŸ’₯CHARACTER UPDATE &A/NπŸ’₯
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Must Read: Author's Note🌹
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - Part I: Kaia's POV
Chapter 79 - Part II: Ash's POV
Chapter 80
AUTHORS NOTE
T R A I L E R ! ! ! 🎬πŸŽ₯
NEW BOOK!!!
β™₯BONUS CHAPTER!!β™₯
ATT: BOOK 2 πŸŽ‰πŸ‘

Chapter 32

253 12 7
By tuillaxoh

Dani's P.O.V: 
Elena. She knew all along why Ash did what he did and yet she never said a word to anyone- that b***h! 

"When did you tell Elena?" I ask Ash curiously.

"The following day, after the incident" he answered.

"I gotta go, I'll text you later on if Kaia decides she's ready to talk to you. You have to fix this man, I can't go another week seeing her act like she doesn't care about you".

"I still think it's better if she stayed away from me, for her own good. But I agree, we need some closure" Ash says, hanging his head down. 

 "See ya mate" I say to him as I walk away back to the room.

"Later darling!" He replied.

***

I'm still furious at Elena for keeping this a secret. Just wait till I see her. Oh wait, let me text her now.

My room, now!! U hav some explaining to do!!!

There, that should do it. 

Soon as I reach the room my phone vibrates. Hm, looks like she decided to text back.

damn lightskin! im on my way :p

I unlock the door and head inside the room. Kaia's still asleep on her bed. Oh thank goodness. I don't want her to be awake when Elena gets here.

After about 10 minutes I hear a motorcycle pull up outside our room. Then few seconds later there was a knock at the door.
I walk over and open it, knowing it's Elena. She walks right in and sits down on my bed. The audacity!

She was dressed in jeans that were covered in grease and wearing a blue check shirt with a white tank top inside. She removed her check shirt and turned to face me.

"What's up? I was at work, can't this wait?" Elena asks me.

"No. How close are you and Ashton?" I ask her seriously.

She takes a second to think of what she's going to say then speaks.

"We've been friends for years now. I can say we're pretty close" she says.

"Okay. Are you close enough to keep a secret from your friends?"

Elena looks at me with furrowed brows. Probably pretending she doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"What are you--"

"You know exactly what I'm on about, Elena. You kept a big secret from us for weeks now. You've seen how damaged Kaia is and you chose to keep it to yourself, making her think that Ash did what he did willingly".

Elena stands up from the bed and walks towards the door.

"I'm sorry Dani, I really am" she says.

"If you were really sorry you would have told us all the truth!" I half-shout.

"It's not my truth to tell!" Elena shouts. Her brown eyes were wild. Looks like I hit a nerve.

Elena opens the door and slams it on her way out. Guess she's pissed off!

After I hear her motorcycle leave, I turned around and sat back down on my bed. Some friend she is.

"What's going on?" Kaia says, looking at me wide-eyed. Her cheeks were still pink from all the crying earlier.

"Nothing. Elena's just having a bad day, that's all" I responded.

Kaia sits up facing me.

"Dani, I've decided to visit home soon. Next week actually".

"Oh. Okay, well great timing since we get a week off" I said to her, smiling.

"Yep" she replied lazily.

I hope the truth comes out soon, and not from any other person but Ash.
I don't want Kaia to go on break without first knowing everything.
She deserves at least that.

****
Kaia's P.O.V:
Dani kept me company for the rest of the afternoon. She claimed she had nothing better to do. She left a while ago for a run. Now it's after 6pm and I'm lazing in bed with some Ice Cream. Since our room was bigger, we also got a mini fridge now. It's great except for the part where sometimes I can't find a bottle of water because of all the energy drinks blocking it. Oh Dani.

I'm content with my cookies and cream Ice Cream until I hear my phone beep. Great! It's all the way on my study table. I slowly climb out of bed and walk towards the table. I pick up my phone and saw that I had a text from Marissa.

Bestie!!!! I'm in town for tonite. Meet me @ Cardo's at 8. xoxo

Oh my gosh! Finally some good news. I can't wait. I immediately text her back.

I'll be there by 7:30! Cnt wait 2 see U. :) xx

I finish off my Ice cream and dump the empty tub in the bin. Then I walk to my closet to find something nice to wear. I settle on a pretty black dress Ally gifted me for my 18th birthday.  I miss her so much.

I glance at the wall clock, it's past 6:30pm- I still have an hour to get ready and get there.

I shower and shampoo my hair. Dani books waxing appointments for me so I don't have to shave everyday. That's been a big help.

I get dressed and style my hair. Also putting on a bit of makeup, I don't want Marissa to notice that I'm currently depressed.

"Good timing" I say as Dani enters the room, sweaty and exhausted from her run.

"Ooooh! Girl! Where you off to looking fab?" Dani says, smiling at me.

"My best friend from home is in town for the night and asked me to meet her. I'm excited!" I squealed.

"Aw that's great! Have a great time, okay? You deserve some fun" Dani says, taking my hands in hers.

"Yes, mom!" I giggled.

"Not funny, pretty. I'm gonna go shower now" Dani said.

"I'm gonna go wait for my cab outside. See you" I said to her before grabbing my clutch purse and heading out.

Soon as I step outside and breathe in the fresh air I immediately feel a lot better. The air is cool but I dont feel like I need a jacket. My cab should be here in 5 minutes.
I send a quick text to Marissa letting her know that I'm on my way. On cue, my cab finally arrives. I hop in and give the address then lean back and relax the entire 20 minute drive.

*

I feel excited when I see Cardo's neon sign up ahead. It's pretty hard not to miss, with it's red flashing lights. I pay the driver and quickly step outside.

This particular street is always buzzing on Saturday nights because there's a few pubs and a club. But Marissa decided for us to meet at Cardo's so we must be having dinner. I guess.

I straighten up my dress and walk inside. This is the first time in a long time that I'm wearing heels. And they aren't so comfortable too.

I push the large glass doors open and I'm taken back by the smell of food. I feel full already as the smell of pizza takes over me. Yum.

I look around trying to spot Marissa but I can't seem to find her. I pull out my phone from my clutch and text her.
After a few seconds she replies saying she's sitting in the outdoor dining area.
I walk up to one of the waiters and politely ask directions to the outside area, he nods and leads me through the restaurant then to a door on the left, leading outside.

As I pushed the door open I looked around and was amazed at how lovely this place looked at night. The entire setup was decorated with lights and they even had an outdoor bar. Impressive.

I see Marissa sitting at a table by the bar and I wave to her. She stands up and in a swift she was giving me a big hug.

"I missed you so much. You have no idea" she said, still hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too" I replied.

We took a seat at the table and ordered our favorite meatlovers pizza with a side of garlic bread.
And of course Marissa ordered us some weird, fancy colored drinks from the bar. This time it was green. I swear I'll throw up rainbows soon.

"How's Stafford?" I ask Marissa as she sips her drink.

"It's alright. Just lots of work. I don't think I can balance school work and going out every other day though" she giggled.

"You haven't changed one bit" I said to her with a smile.

"But you have" she responded, looking me in the eye.

"Am I that obvious?" I ask, looking down at my plate.

"Tell me what's wrong, K-bear" she said with puppy dog eyes.

After I told Marissa everything that happened between Ash and I, she's managed to gulp down 2 drinks.  I guess my story is stressing her out.

"I have something to tell you Kaia, that's why I wanted to see you" Marissa said happily.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

"I'll tell you but not now. You'll have to wait till we leave here" she said.
I have never been so confused.

"Um okay, weird but okay" I said, taking a sip of my drink.

Our night was filled with laughter as we reminisced old times. I had no idea how much I had missed Marissa until now. Her contagious laugh fills my ears and I feel as if we're 16 again having a sleepover at my house. Good times. 

We leave the restaurant a little after 11pm and start strolling down the well-lit street. 

"I'm glad you came out tonight" Marissa says, as we link our pinkies and walk down the street.

"Hey, I'm glad you came into town. What was the reason anyway? Must be more than just to visit me, right?" I say, looking at her. 

"Actually, yes, there is another reason and that reason is waiting at WCU. We're actually heading there right now".

I look at her with a puzzled look on my face. What in the world is she talking about. Or who in the world?

We get into a cab and Marissa tells the driver where we're heading. He gives a simple nod and drives off with a smile. 

***

Once we arrived at school, Marissa pays the fare before we step out of the cab. 

"Do you want to head to my room first?" I ask Marissa.
The air is much colder now and I regret not taking a jacket along with me. Crap.

"Yeah, that would be great!" she squealed.

We walk towards my room and knock at the door. Dani opens it and immediately a smile plays across her face. She looks at me then looks at Marissa. 

"You must be Marissa, I'm Dani the roommate" Dani says, extending her hand to shake Marissa's.

"Oh my gosh, Hi! You're even prettier in person, I saw you in Kaia's photos but I didn't know you would look more stunning in reality. Wow!" Marissa said, smiling at Dani.

We step inside and shut the door. Marissa takes off her jacket and places it on my study table. She doesn't take off her heels, she just heads straight for my bed and dives on it.

I take a seat on Dani's bed and watch my friend snuggle with my furry side pillow.

"Hey, hands off!" I say and Marissa bursts out laughing. We both had the same furry pillow, mine was purple and Marissa's was pink. I'm guessing hers is back in her room at Stafford. 

"Marissa, it's getting late, how are you gonna get home?" I ask her. Glancing at the time, it was already 12am.

"I'm waiting for a phone call" she says sleepily.

"Fine, just don't fall asleep because I'm not going to carry you" I said giggling. 

"You so will!" she says before falling off to sleep.

It's just after 1am when Marissa's phone rings from inside her bag. She gets up and rubs her eyes before taking the call. 

Dani and I are at the study table watching a movie on her laptop. 

Marissa stands up and straightens her dress and fixes her hair.

"You leaving?" I asked.

"Yep. I'm actually getting picked up" she answered with a sheepish grin.

"By who exactly?" I asked her, curious to know. 

"You'll see!" she said mischievously before putting on her jacket and heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

I wonder who she's waiting for. Is it someone I know? 
Whoever it is, that person must really mean a lot to her since she practically traveled for over 2 hours to get here. I'm anxious to know who it is. 

 Few minutes later I heard what sounded like a motorcycle, or maybe two. It sounded like it was going to park just outside our room. I didn't know Marissa knew people who owned bikes. That's new!

On cue, there was a knock at the door. Dani stands up and walks over to open it. 
Marissa comes out of the bathroom and walks over to me.

"It was good to see you Kaia" she says, giving me a big hug.

"You too, Marissa. Take care" I said, hugging her tightly.

I turn to Dani who is walking slowly towards us with her eyes wide and her mouth gaped. 

Marissa walks over to the door and pulls the person she was waiting for, inside. 
 Dani squeezes my hand and I suddenly know why.

In walks a face that I didn't want to meet. Someone even Marissa should stay clear of.
He looks at me with a half smile. He had on black jeans, a grey t-shirt and a black leather jacket.
His jet black hair was slick and he was covered in tattoos. He extends his inked hand out to shake mine. 

"Finally, I get to meet the pretty Kaia Collins" he says with a smirk.

Marissa squealed as he shook my hand. I stood there frozen, unable to comprehend how the f**k this was happening. I just cursed again, dammit.

"Finally, my best friend and my boyfriend have met. I'm complete!" Marissa says, clapping her hands. 

Marissa turns to the guy with furrowed brows while I stand there, still in shock.
"Oh honey you never told her your name" she said.  
He looks at her and shrugs. Really? 

Marissa looks back at me, her eyes were twinkling like she was about to announce the name of a King. 

"Anyway, Kaia this is Brody. We're dating". 

*****
A/n: long chapter, I know! Lol sorry. But I jst had to put it all together into one chapter :)

Were u surprised about Marissa & Brody hooking up?

Xx. (Above is a pic of Kaia's black dress)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 7
π„π‹π„π€ππŽπ‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀, a freshman in college studying Finance, who loves to read. She is very smart and has anger issues, but that doesn't matt...
1.1K 49 17
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...
307K 11.7K 43
❇❇❇ Avery Jenkins is a college disaster. She's barely passing her grades and she thinks boys are a waste of time and there's no decent men left. Unt...
362K 10.5K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...