Hood Love✔

By ChocolateZeno

When Cookie Halloway a smart, sassy, fiesty, boss chick hits the streets of Philly shaking things up. She cat... More

Teaser
Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Good News
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Good News update...
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Character Update.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

Chapter 15

2.2K 67 3
By ChocolateZeno

Cookie tried to keep her mug while she cooked. The intro to Zapp & Roger's "I wanna be your man" blasted through the speakers suddenly. It's volume increased as it played. Cookie rolled her eyes, but a slight snicker left her.

She and Lucious got into a petty argument about an hour ago. He underestimated her ability to hold a grudge. Shed been ignoring him since.

She felt his approach. Those fimilar tingles erupting over her skin. His cologne wrapping around her. She inhaled deeply. She love the way he smelled.

His strong arms wrapped around her waist pulling her into his chest. He started to sway to the song. She kept up her act going about like he wasn't there. He soon started singing the song in her ear.

"I want to be your man." He sung to her.

He kissed her neck slowly. He paid extra attention to that one spot on her neck that made her knees weak. A smile cracked it's way across her mean mug.

"Stop." She giggled. He smiled against her skin.

"Are you done being mad at me?" He asked contiuing to say to the song.

"Yes." She chuckled. He grinned kissing her neck again. She squirmed in his hold causing him to groan. His manhood starting to stir.

"Lucious...let me finish dinner. I gotta get Carol back." She whined.

"So...ill be quick." He spoke running his hands up her side's.

"Nothing about you is quick Lucious." Cookie sighed.

"Aye girl you better be happy about that." He spoke. She turned to look at him.

"Trust me. Im very happy and very very grateful daddy." Cookie purred. He groaned biting his lips.

"See you get to talking like that and wonder why I cant keep my hands off you girl." He growled. She smirked turning the stove off.

"Too bad." She teased.

"Carol foods done!" She called walking past Lucious. He grinned and smacked her ass. She playfully scowled at him over her shoulder.

"Good cause I'm hungry." Carol cheered.

They sat down and ate in comfortable silence. Lucious and Carol exchanging jokes. Cookie smiled she loved the fact that they got along so well. By the end of the night Carol was whinning about heading home.

Lucious gave Cookie his keys to drive her home. He was gonna head to Vernons real quick to grab something. After a quick stop at the store Cookie and Carol were walking into D's mom's house.

"Cookie!" Shay screamed. Cookie chuckled as the girl ran up. She was the youngest of D's 3 sisters.

"Hi Shay." Cookie grinned hugging her. She saw the other two girls running around the corner.

"COOKIE!" They yelled in unison. They rushed her.

"Asia, Mya. Good to see you to." Cookie chuckled. Asia was the oldest at 16, Mya at 15, and Shay at 7.

"I knew you were here." Cookie heard D's mom speak from the doorway. Cookie beamed at her.

"Hi mama Effie." Cookie spoke walking over to her and hugging her.

"I got snacks." Carol cheered. The girls squealed.

"Girls go on upstairs lights out at 9." Effie spoke. They nodded Carol walked up yo Cookie and fave her a hug before following the girls up the stairs

"You got a minute to catch up with an old lady." Effie joked.

"Of course Mama Effie. How have you been?" Cookie asked.

"I'm good baby. Thank you and Lucious again for that generous payment, but as i keep saying you don't need to pay. I keep Carol because I like her and you guys." She laughed.

"Its the least we could do." Cookie smiled.

"Speaking of you and Lucious goes that going? D told me you guys were still going strong." Effie voiced.

"Yep. Oh Effie he's the best." Cookie gushed.

"I'm glad. I tell you Cookie I watched that boy grow up. He was an honoree asshole." She laughed causing Cookie to join in.

"That boy was something else. I have to say I've seen more growth in him then I've seen in a long time since y'all been together. You my darling are a especially gifted woman." Effie praised. Cookie blushed.

"Thank you." Cookie smiled.

"I'm a woman that relies on her intuition alot. I feel great things coming for you two." Effie confessed. Something sparkled in her eyes that Cookie couldn't decipher.

"Well, you should be getting home suga. It's getting late." She spoke.

She gave Cookie a hug before Cookie headed off torwards home. She thought about the good things that could be coming. Could it get any better.

She walked up to the house door unlocking it. She expected Lucious to be home, but the lights were off. She shrugged shutting and locking the door. She began her journey up the stairs.

She heard a slight bump cone from the bedroom. She narrowed her eyes, pulling out the peice Lucious gave her. She took off her shoes hearing another bump. She crept around the corner and slowly eased into the wide open door.

She took a deep breath before busting in. She kicked the dark figure, then elbowed it in the back. A manly groan was heard.

"I outta kill yo bitch ass." Cookie snapped aiming the gun at the man on the floor. She reached over and flipped the lights on. She gasped.

"Oh my God. Baby I'm so sorry." She rushed out setting the gun down on the bed.

He was curled in a ball on the floor a look of sheer pain cupping his manhood. Cookie cursed rushing down stairs bringing back up a bag of ice. He was attempting to get off the floor. She helped him up then handed him the ice.

"Damn Cooks." Lucious hissed placing the ice pack on hiself. She bit her lip picking up her gun and clicking on the safety.

"I'm so sorry. The lights were off, I diddnt think you were home." Cookie spoke crawling into the bed with him. She layed her head on his shoulder as he rested his back against the wall.

"At least i know, you can hold it down." He joked placing the ice on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry baby." She spoke pecking his lips.

"It's ok. Next time I'll turn the lights on." He laughed.

"Shit. Cooks I got some news. Guess what." He spoke. She could see the excitement in his eyes.

"What?" She asked.

"I got a gig." He cheered. She smiled brightly sitting up on her knees.

"Really?" She asked. He nodded. She beamed kissing him passionately.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered against his lips. He grinned gripping her hips.

"I'm glad you pushed me to finish up those two songs. I'll play them for you soon." He spoke pecking her lips. Slyly easing her into his lap.

"You know Lucious...I was thinking maybe we should put that money up. It's 30 thou. With what we got going on now we could easily make that in 3 months. We should save it. I feel like we're at this point were we should have a fall back plan. Like a rainy day fund." She spoke running her hands through his afro.

"You think so?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean who knows." Cookie added. Lucious nodded. She had a point. He leaned up and kissed her lips pulling her into his body. His lips tracked down to her neck.

"Mmm...Lu." She moaned.

He smirked against her skin, flipping them over he contiued his play. A devious smile broke out on his face. He nuzzled her neck enlisting a giggle from her. God he loved this girl.

A few days later....

Cookie beamed as she watched Lucious on stage. He had this natural attitude with him. It diddnt take him long to get the crowd bumping. He owned the stage, made it his bitch. Cookie knew he was a performer. Their future shined bright in her eyes.

She could see them swimming in cash, in a nice mansion somewhere. Living life, him this international superstar. She could see those flashing lights.

He caught her eyes In the crowd. Walking across the stage in her direction, he made a series of sexual gestures with his song at her. Cookie caught the eyes of girls looking at her in jealousy.

He winked at her before getting back in boss mode for his next song. This one was Cookies favorite. He played it for her last night. Let's just say the bass wasn't the only thing bumpin.

She smirked as the loud gunshots at the start of the sung rung out followed by a siren. Lucious slipped his shirt off. He had girls going wild.

"We run thru dat bitch, Dust yo shit

N' bust yo doors down.

Hop in the whip, peel that shit

gon' call the feds now." His baritone voice rapped.

"Pull out da bitch, load dat shit

N' blow yo back out.

Fuck on yo chick, lay dat dick

and dat's a wrap now"

That fire and truth in his eyes. He was always telling a story with his music. Wether it be some smooth vibe music, or a straight gangsta banger like this one. Cookie couldn't help but rap the chorus.

"Cause I'm Lucious, and there go my team.

And We shooters, don't get in between.

And We fighters, knock all yo lights out

They my niggas, we hustle no doubt."

He was tearing it up. Cookie was glad he chose that song to end the set with. People cheered as he got off stage. People rushed him congratulating him and telling him he was the shit. Cookie eased her way through the crowd.

He grinned when he saw her pulling her into his arms. He wrapped and arm around her shoulder, her back to his front as he dapped and shook peoples hands.

"You were fire baby." Cookie grinned once the crowd disappeared and the club went back to bumping the latest jams.

"Was I?" He asked turning her in his arms. She nodded pecking his lips. She slowly trailed her hands down his arms.

"And so so sexy baby." She purred. He smirked biting his lip. He leaned in nipping her lips.

"Aye y'all celebration at Desmonè's new place?" Vernon asked. Lucious nodded.

"Give us an hour, we'll swing thru." Lucious spoke not taking his eyes off Cookie.

"Damn can't y'all freaky asses handle ya shit later." Desmonè whined. Lucious chuckled gripping Cookies hand.

"Trust me we'll be busy later to." Lucious joked pulling Cookie through the crowd. The crew shook their heads.

A week later.....

Cookie woke up suddenly. Lucious had spring from the bed after answering the phone. She squinted at the clock on the bedside table. It read 3:00 AM. Lucious quickly hustled about.

"What's going on?" Her drousy voice asked. He looked over at her as he pulled his shirt on.

"Ricky's been hit." Lucious spoke pulling on his sneakers. Cookie sat up running her eyes.

"Shit..." Cookie spoke. Lucious grabbed his tool from the dresser.

"Cooks ima lock the house up. I don't know if this is a random hit or organized. Hold it down if shit pops off, page me and get out of the house. You hear me?" He spoke.

She diddnt agree but nodded anyways. Lucious kissed her on the forehead and exited. She yawned pulling her peice out and putting it on the table. She sat up and waited.

At some point in time she fell asleep. She awoke to a door slamming. She jumped up, but sighed when she heard his voice. She set her peice down and climbed back in bed. She was tired. Even though she's been sleeping relatively all day.

"Yeah, I'll check up later." Lucious called out to Vernon down stairs.

"Ight, well see what we can get out once he comes from surgery." Vernon called back.

Lucious nodded. He walked into his room seeing Cookie half asleep. He chuckled taking off his shirt and shoes and climbing in bed with her. She moved over laying her head on his chest.

"How bad?" Cookie asked. Lucious placed his hand in her hair running it through his fingers.

"Two to the chest. His bag was empty, but they took that and the gun inside. Good thing though, the cops got there first." Lucious spoke. His hands were making her sleepier.

"From what we know he's gonna be ok. I gotta pick up his load while he's out." Lucious groaned.

"Gotta do what you gotta do." Cookie yawned. Lucious sighed.

"That's the truth." He yawned pulling the cover over them.

"For now though I need at least another hour of sleep." He groaned tightening his hold on her. He rested his chin in her head and dozed off. Her asleep before him.

Hood life was unpredictable.

Hope you enjoyed!😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 246 13
It's 2006 and Beyonce just released her newest album "B'Day." She's on the covers of Vogue, adding more Grammy's to her collection and soon becoming...
14.1K 396 21
A widespread collection of Benley One-Shots
28.2K 630 10
Erik Stevens crashes an annual Spring Break pilgrimage among a large group of friends where he meets Renata Gilliam, a big beautiful social media inf...
11K 149 9
Amy's parents were killed by leopards and she becomes lonely and sad that she has to take care of herself in the wild jungle. She soon meets a wild s...