LOVE IS IN THE HEIR (COMPLETE)

De MariaCooney

Chosen by @TheRoyalsOnE TV Show and featured by @Wattpad to celebrate the birth of Prince George and Princes... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 18

115K 1.9K 95
De MariaCooney

"Finally," Gerard said as we walked out to the car. "Do you two realise you have spent three days in bed! Three days!"

"No," Edward replied smiling at me as I climbed into the car. We knew!

"Anyone would think you were on your honeymoon," he added. "Don't even think about getting it on in the back again as we are not going to be long and I don't want my baby kissed and cuddled by post sex couples."

"He is so moody today," I said to Edward as he sat beside me.

"In fact I'm going to sit in the back to make sure," Gerard said and got in beside us.

"Are you serious?" Edward asked.

"Yes," Gerard replied.

"Get in the front," he said shoving him back out making Piers and I laugh.

"I heard I get to meet your wife today Piers," I said excited.

"Yes she is looking forward to it. Even forced the boys to have a bath," he said.

I laughed.

The car pulled off with Gerard in the front and the screen down so he could watch us. I teased him by pressing the screen up button. He threatened to jump through and tie my legs together.

"Oooo," I said smiling and winking at Edward.

Gerard was gobsmacked, which had the whole car in hysterics.

"I thought you were so sweet and innocent. A little Miss Prim and Proper," he said.

"I am... outside the bedroom," I replied.

"Not inside the car," Gerard added.

"Once! And I was love sick," I said making Edward beam. "Are you going to hold it against me forever?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Yes," he said and tried not to laugh himself.

I was soon silenced by the beauty of Monaco as we got outside the gate.

"Oh my god!" I said leaning forward to look out the window. Edwards hands grabbed my hips. "Get off my bottom or I will set Gerard on you," I teased.

He laughed. "I am trying to stop you falling out the window," he said.

"Likely story," I said giving my bum a little wiggle to tease him.

"I saw that!" Gerard said.

"I was steadying myself," I replied trying not to giggle.

"Get your head back in," he said starting to put the window up from the front control.

I whimpered like a puppy but heard a sound above.

"A sun roof!" I said and launched my head out. "Quick Edward come show me what everything is. It is breath taking," I said as he stood up beside me.

"Yes it is," he said looking at me and not the view. Before leaning in for a kiss.

"Mmm," I said as he took his kiss deeper and "Owwww," as Gerard slapped my backside. "He actually slapped me," I said astonished.

"There is Gerard's house, you can tell his wife," Edward said pointing ahead.

"I'm telling your wife!" I yelled back down into the car. "And your baby!" I said making Edward laugh, "And Albert!" I added referring to Edwards Uncle.

Edward pointed out things he had told me about as we had lay in bed together. I was finally getting to see them. Finally he pointed to Thia and the baby who were stood outside the beautiful house waving.

"He's got so big! He is huge!" I said waving like a mad woman, not at all regal hanging out of a sun roof yelling 'Hello'!

The baby was trying to get down to run to the car and Thia struggled to keep hold of him making my hand go to my mouth. I got back in the car so as not to entice him any further.

Gerard shouted something out of the window and Piers stopped the car swearing. My heart was in my mouth until I heard the sound of Theo clambering through the window to his daddy.

"You need to get him under control Thia," Gerard complained.

"He hit me in the eye," she said holding her hand over it as I climbed out of the car with Edward.

"Ciao," little Theo said climbing into the back.

"You are not going anywhere," Gerard said pulling him out after kissing his wife's watering eye. "Out of there naughty boy," he said.

"Non," Theo replied.

"English," Gerard replied looking at me apologetically.

"Oh I don't mind," I said thinking his accent was cute.

"We try to encourage him to use his English more and you are a wonderful opportunity," Gerard explained.

Edward was dragging Theo out of the car who threw one hell of a tantrum. No one helped Edward they just laughed at whatever the baby was screaming and Edward was telling him off in just the same language. Theo up tried to smack and bite his face but Edward just held him still and looked at Gerard as if to say Brat!

"Being a godfather is not always a blessing," Gerard said laughing.

Edward disappeared inside with the screamer as I was shown out back to where Piers wife and children were waiting.

"Hello," she said tall, blonde with an hour glass figure. "You must be Victoria," she said.

"Yes, you must be Nancy, pleased to meet you," I said reaching out a hand but she pulled me into a hug and kissed both my cheeks.

"This is Caroline," she said introducing her four year old daughter. "This is Piers Junior," she said introducing their eight year old boy. "And this is Jean," she said introducing the six year old.

"Hello, you all look so much like your daddy," I said shocked at how much they looked like him.

"Strong genes," Nancy replied.

"They are beautiful," I replied reaching out the tickle the little girl. She was super shy. At least I thought she was until Edward walked out back with a bottle guzzling Theo. Caroline was off screaming towards him.

"I hope you got all your kisses in before you arrived as she will not let you near him," Nancy said laughing as Edward swung her daughter up in the air. She gave him a massive sloppy kiss on the lips.

"Come sit," Thia said pulling me over to take a seat in the shade as Gerard arrived with beers and wine. I went for beer as it was too hot.

"I heard you haven't left the bedroom for three days," Thia said cutting to the chase. "I don't blame you," she said giggling and Nancy nodded as they both looked at Edward holding a very content Caroline in his arms whilst discussing the BBQ with the men.

"I think it is safe to say we haven't left the palace but I have met his Uncle and his wife and had a tour of the palace which is amazing," I said as the past three days had been a dream!

"I heard you started kissing the minute you got off the plane and haven't stopped for breath since," Nancy replied.

"That is true," I said and we all laughed making the men look over.

Edward frowned at me as Thia and Nancy winked at him with the 'I know what you've been up to look', he whispered in Caroline's ear and let her down. She ran over put her hands on her hips and yelled something in French.

"English," Nancy reminded her and I felt guilty for not being able to understand her.

"No speak of my prince," she said crossly before running back to Edward for praise. She was given it to, a big kiss and cuddle as Edward stuck his tongue out at me.

Theo was off investigating everything like a baby does, falling over their dog and smacking it as he picked himself up which got him told off. The poor dog was so old and the heat was affecting it.

"He has turned into a terror," Thia said looking at her son. "I don't know what we are going to do when the next one arrives," she said patting her stomach.

"You are pregnant," I said astonished.

"Yes did he not tell you," she said.

"I haven't had a chance to catch up with anyone. That is wonderful news, when are you due?" I asked excited.

"In four months," she said sighing. "He better be over this phase by then," she said.

"They adapt," Nancy said. "It will be fine. I keep telling Piers we should have another one but he likes to keep his princess the youngest," she said smiling at her daughter who was snuggled up to Edward and getting sleepy.

A car pulled up and to my surprise out got Edwards mother. I felt immediately uncomfortable. Caroline brightened up and wriggled out of Edwards arms to run to his mother who swept her up the same as he had. Caroline rattled away excited and pointed over at me.

I gave a nervous smile and heard Thia say, "Don't worry this is my house she will not expect you to curtsy. Just relax she is very nice," she replied.

My face was so flushed I was glad to be sitting in the shade and as my gaze caught Edwards I quickly looked away as I was annoyed at being set up.

Nancy stood up and went to see his mother with the children. Thia pulled my arm, "Come with me," she said leading me into the house. "Listen to me. Remember the person who was nice to you on the phone when Edward was ill not the person who was on his barge," she said.

I was fighting the tears so hard I could barely think, "I just want to go home," I said and covered my mouth with a hand so as not to cry.

"We will be out on a minute we are just using the bathroom. We will bring out some food in a minute," she called to whoever shouted in after us.

Edward appeared and Thia walked off to give us some privacy.

"I didn't know," he whispered.

I nodded that I believed him as his expression was full of concern.

"Do you want to leave?" he asked.

I shrugged.

"People have been to a lot of trouble for us," he said nodding to the food prepared on the side.

I nodded that I understood what he meant. It would be rude and selfish. He moved closer and pulled me into his arms for a comforting cuddle. I felt instantly better and braver. I took a deep breath and sighed.

He tipped my chin up to face him, "I love you," he whispered for the first time ever.

I smiled, "I love you too," I whispered back unable to stop smiling.

His kiss confirmed his words as I felt the love pour from it.

"You two are suppose to be fetching the food not sneaking kisses," his mother said appearing beside us, in an amused tone. I giggled at being caught kissing. "Young love," she sighed before kissing us both on the cheek and picking up some of the food to carry to the garden.

We giggled again as we stole another kiss.

"Oww," I said cutting off from the kiss and grabbing my ankle. "Ffff... owww," I said as I saw little Caroline glaring.

Edward said something to her in French to reprimand her and she burst into tears and ran off.

"What happened?" Thia asked coming back in.

"She kicked me in the ankle," I said still holding it as it killed.

"Let me see," Edward said as he realised it was hurting.

"No, no, don't touch it," I said limping off to sit down on a chair in the kitchen. I knew from the wet on my hand I was bleeding.

"What happened?" Nancy asked coming in.

"Nothing, I am fine," I said trying to brush it off but the pain was still there.

Piers appeared with Caroline, he told her off in French and she cried.

"It's ok don't worry about it," I said. "It was nothing."

Edward yanked my hand away.

"Owww, Oww, Owww, don't touch it," I said.

"You are bleeding," he said.

"It is just stinging that's all," I said.

Piers bent down to have a look. Turning to yell at the little girl and send her into the garden.

"I'm fine really," I said feeling terrible for the poor little thing.

"I see my namesake has been at it again," Edwards mother said arriving. "I have a scar very similar to that," she replied showing me her ankle. "Hurts like hell. A bit like banging your funny bone," she said.

"Yes it sends pains shooting up your leg," I said.

"I am so sorry," Piers said looking mortified.

"It's ok," I said laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Quickly followed by Gerard dragging in a screaming Caroline and hauling her to a room as Thia came in carrying one of the boys who was crying his eyes out. I didn't need to speak their language to know she just hurt him too.

"So much for a peaceful day," Piers sighed. "And you wonder why I didn't bring them to see you on the boat."

I laughed.

"What is all that noise?" a man asked appearing in the kitchen.

"Ernst, this is Victoria, Edwards girlfriend," Edwards mother said making me do a double take as I hadn't thought of myself as that or that she would use the phrase so freely.

"I am very pleased to meet you," the man said with an accent different to the others. "I see Caroline has been up to her old tricks," he said smirking. "Where is she?" he asked and marched off in the direction Piers nodded as Gerard returned.

"Come let's rinse the blood off," Edward said helping me to stand and hobble to a bathroom so as not to get blood on the floor. I put my foot in the bath as he turned the shower on and rinsed it off. Piers appeared with the first aid box and fetched me a plaster. I was fixed up in no time and other than having to walk more tentatively I was fine.

I heard Ernst telling Caroline off in English, "Princesses do not kick or scratch..." was all I heard as we walked down the hall.

I showed off my funky plaster with bugs on it and Theo came over to crouch beside me for a closer look before giving it a gentle rub and tutting making us all laugh.

The rest of the day went like a dream, Edward and I sat together like any other couple. I discovered Ernst was his mothers third marriage and the Prince of Hanover. The extra child running around the garden was their daughter Alexandra who was at that delightful age of between child and teenager where they kept the other children amused so the adults could relax. The other gossip I was told by his mother was how her sister had married a circus man and moved into the circus with her children. I was gobsmacked. Then she told me that Albert her brother had several illegitimate children who had no legal entitlement to the throne so should god forbid something happen to her brother and she did not take up the throne Edward would be the successor. They were a regular soap opera of royalty.

I was yet to meet the other family members but they were all keen to meet me apparently and I even found out that Ernst was a descendant of George V and somewhere along the line he was also related to Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth. I was astonished. I was also amazed how down to earth they were. It was just a normal BBQ with couples cuddled up close to each other and even his uncle made an appearance to see what was left of the food. Throwing his own steak onto the BBQ and guzzling a beer. His wife was dressed casually and folded her legs under herself as she waited for him to make her food. Teasing him with commands and reminding him of the promised foot rub later so not to drink too much. He smirked and downed an entire beer in one making me laugh as she threw a shoe and him. It was playful love that just wasn't portrayed in the media when representing royals.

Little Caroline had apologised and was asleep on Edward's chest who was lying with his head on my lap and also asleep. I stroked his hair and when it was time to go I leant forward waking him with a gentle kiss. "Time to go sweetheart," I whispered. He opened his eyes for two seconds and then closed them again.

"He is heavy sleeper," his mother said before rousing him in a different language and hauling him up to his feet. He was asleep on his feet it was hilarious as she walked him to a car, which wasn't the one we came in. She opened the back and pushed him in. I followed. He slumped across the back seat. She tried to get him to sit up but in the end his uncle got in and helped her.

"Is he drunk?" I asked as he hadn't seemed it.

"No, just exhausted thanks to someone not too far from here," Gerard teased.

I giggled as his uncle called me to get in the car. I sat down next to Edward who was slightly awake but got back into his sleeping position across my lap as we pulled off. His uncle and wife, with us waving goodbye to everyone.

Back at the palace his uncle helped me get Edward onto the bed as I still had a sore ankle. He pulled his shoes off and told me the rest was up to me with a cheeky grin.

He soon started to wake upas I stripped him down to his underwear. Slowly making love when you are halfasleep and a bit tipsy is the best way to end a beautiful day. As is cuddlingup to your man's chest when hearing the words 'I love you' whispered into yourear.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
4.7M 142K 37
BLS #5 Luke Hastington A Billionare that really loves work more than anything. Call him workaholic because he loves to sit on his office for hours wi...
28K 2.5K 36
When Mila finds out she's pregnant from a one-night stand with a reluctant prince, she is thrust into a fake romance with him; are her feelings that...