Arden: The Gift Of Delirium

By creatistx

ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you an... More

Prologue
Arden Series
Intro and Cast
Playlist
1. Here We Are
2. His
3. Thinking About...
4. Blonde with Blue Eyes
5. Transforming
6. Best Unsaid
7. Look Who It Is
8. We Meet Again
9. Surprise, Surprise
10. Confrontation
11. Devious Divination
12. Just You and I
13. Unpredictable Upbringing
14. Ebbing
15. Rallying
16. Hellenic Republic
17. Are We Ready for Change?
19. You'll All Get Yours
20. Meet Your Match
21. Delusion or Illusion?
22. Madness Rewind
23. Father to Son
24. Fatal
Author's Note
25. So It Begins
26. Taking It Back
27. Headache
28. Double Date?
29. Phlegethon
30. On Our Way
31. So It Continues
32. She's Cryptic
33. Trouble
34. Chaotic Case
35. Don't Worry About It
36. Welcome Back
37. Scandalizing
38. First Impressions
39. She Moves Like Magic
40. The Omega
41. The Time Has Come
42. Show Yourself
43. A Rebirth
44. I'll Be There For You
45. Zeus and Hera Part 1
46. Day At The Beach
47. My Love(s)
48. Reappearing Reprobate
49. Crossing Swords
50. Consigned To Oblivion
51. Retain What's Already Gone
52. Zeus and Hera Part 2
53. Family Relations
54. The Sun and Moon
55. Now You See
56. Hadrian's Library
57. Frenzy
58. Ablaze
59. Reminiscing the Rigorous
60. Backstory
61. Lost And Found
62. Up In Flames
63. Reunited
64. You Don't Say
65. Hoodwinked
66. Take It Back
67. Our Next Move
68. Inspire
69. Through Ace's Eyes
70. Envision
71. Odium
72. Assignments
73. Returning To Hell
74. You're Not Who You Say You Are
75. The Very Dark Queen
76. Harper Can Help
77. Corrupted With Fear
78. Zeus and Hera Part 3
79. The Beginning of The End
80. Remind
81. The Quill
82. Reprisal?
83. Heat of The High Point
84. Figment
85. Force
86. Unhinged
87. Soaring, Flying
88. Backfire
89. Night Fall and the Crack of Dawn
90. Unaware
Author's Note

18. Get What's Coming

182 10 0
By creatistx

I'm better, not bitter...

***

Arden

"I still can't believe you guys are allowing us to go." I mumbled.

"You guys aren't children anymore, you're adults. We believe that you guys are able to handle yourselves." Mom responded as she stared at her laptop.

"So," I drawled out fidgeting with my hair. "Why are you putting the executives in charge?" I asked quietly. "And what about other disparates in the area?"

"Well, for your safety and for your comfort, we decided to send you guys in your friend group. Not only are you all disparates, you're all friends. It'd be better if we send you guys to another country feeling comfortable."

My mother looked up at me and tilted her head. "Sweetheart, why does your hair look like you've run through bush?"

I rolled my eyes. "I was taking a nap, mom." I told her and she looked back at her laptop. "But, I also wanted to know if you'll be sitting in on our session tomorrow."

"Surprisingly, no." She looked back up and gave me a tight smile. "I have business to take care of on Olympus."

I raised an eyebrow. "So, when all the other gods are busy who else to put in charge except for Zane." I groaned.

"Mom."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Technically as Executives, you all should be overseeing the session anyway. It's about working together and building a literal connection between the world around you and your friends."

Not that I don't think we couldn't handle it, but for our first session as a 'unit', I would think we'd have some sort of Mentor. You know, to aid us. I'm sure my mother already knew what I was thinking.

"Sweetie." She tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You guys are completely capable, I know it, and you know it. Besides, it'll only be for one session, someone will be there to guide you all eventually." She then pinched my cheeks very hard.

"Mom." I groaned. "This is Greece. All of us, in one location, together."

My mom narrowed her eyes at me. "You don't think everything will be fine?" She asked tilting her head.

I pursed my lips. "It's the whole Hayden part i'm worried about. I don't know if three weeks is going to make everything alright. Hayden's going to have a pretty tense month."

"Well, it's up to you guys to come together as one. Leaving it all up to you guys." She leaned back in her chair and her eyes studied me carefully. "And I've noticed that you've certainly have let bygones be bygones with Hayden. You guys seem okay now."

My vision came to mind and how Hayden told me his story and I revealed something to him as well. I know i'm insane for feeling this way but, now that he's told me, I feel like I can somewhat trust him or at least respect him in some way.

As for my vision, neither Hayden and I know what to make of it. I haven't had any more, and there have been no signs of the vision at all. Hayden said if he could get more information he would, but, there's really not much to know- at least to our knowledge.

There was still a tiny ounce of anxiousness and fear that resided in me. Whoever the hell was trying to contact me, made some promises and it made me wary about if the vision was something to be worried about or not.

'Forever in your thoughts....your rightful Queen...'

"Arden, you okay?" I heard my mother ask and I quickly came down to earth. I nodded.

"Yeah, i'm fine." I sighed and stood up. "Just thinking about tomorrow."

"Everything will be fine, sweetheart. I know it."

***

"Maybe we should just forget about it altogether." I stated, wrapping the compression sleeve around my forearm. "I mean, nothings really happened since then, so.." I trailed off.

I was walking beside Hayden into the Amazon Hall of the training center. It smelled like earth down here- fresh and cool. The corridor was wide with different doors and archways leading into other rooms and Halls.

"I know you're still thinking about it, Arden. I can see it on your face." Hayden responded. Like always, he was dressed in dark colors. Gray and black made up his entire wardrobe. He looked down at me. "Do you honestly want to forget about your vision?"

I shrugged. "Maybe I should?" It came out more of a question than a statement.

"Well, whatever you decide, I'm happy to help." I felt a ghost of a smile on my face- very tiny. That was nice of him.

"So, what about your grand entrance on Friday? Everyone seemed ecstatic that you're here." Hayden threw his head back and groaned. I snickered.

"Don't remind me." He ran a hand through his hair, the same hair that stood up at the front in strands. "I'm just happy I got out of there alive."

I recalled when everyone charged at Hayden in the Hall. If it wasn't for Athena and Ares, It would've been over for Hayden. "Today's going to be even harder. But, look on the bright side, It'll take some time before they can actually kill you."

Hayden sighed as we continued walking through the underground Training Center. "I just hope i'm forgiven in due amount of time."

Without thinking, I spoke my next words. Classic Arden. "Maybe you want forgiveness from one particular person." Hayden stopped walking and turned to me.

Like Zane, he was a head taller, and he looked down at me with dark eyes. I turned back to him. Hayden stared at me for a good while before speaking, his voice low. "Knowing you, you're probably thinking about what I think you are."

An unintentional smirk appeared on my face. "How do you...know?" Hayden asked me.

"That you have a secret fondness of Armani, I figured that out a good four months ago."

"What about Armani?" Nate started. "She's so soft and squishy, we could've taken her out a long time ago." Nate shifted the pencil in his hand.

That comment made Armani perk up and look through the window.

Hayden put his head back forward. "Nobody puts a hand on her." He said seriously.

Well...

I could feel the three of our bodies tense up. The way he said it...it was....serious.

I tried to read between the lines of what he just said. He either has something planned for Armani, which could be profoundly bad.

Extensively bad.

Or...he..maybe...cares about her...

Nikki turned to Armani. "Oh my god..."

Armani looked at me, I then realized I had mumbled my thoughts out loud. Again. Shit.

"Well.." Nikki clicked her tongue. "This just took an unexpected turn." She said lowly.

"I could be wrong guys." I said, assuring Mani.

"I feel like screaming." Armani started to chew on her necklace, vigorously.

I placed my hand on her shoulder while Nikki chuckled. "This is too good."

Armani glared at her. "I hate you."

"By the way, i'm not the only one who knows." I stated a matter-of-factly. Hayden raised an eyebrow. I watched Hayden look at the floor and he got in his head a little.

"How?" I Asked quietly. "I mean, how did this happen?" Hayden shrugged and made a face.

"I don't know how it happened. I was just supposed to get rid of you guys and she just....caught my attention. It was actually weird having those....feelings towards her when I was on a mission to see Nova again."

I was quiet for a while before I rocked on both feet side to side. "So...do you still feel the same way about her?" I asked slowly looking at Hayden with expectancy.

Okay, so i've come to realize that I'm a little nosy. But personally, I've never found anything wrong with a little curiosity.

Hayden took about thirty seconds to respond. "Maybe." We both simultaneously began walking again. "I'll get over it. Don't worry about it." He mumbled.

I didn't know how to feel about that. Knowing that he had sincere feelings for Armani made me curious and I actually thought it was sweet that he was capable of actually caring for people. But, Ace and Armani go really well together, I think they are a great couple.

As we walked into the Amazon hall, most of my friends were already there waiting. Zane, Nikki, Armani, and Perri all looked at Hayden and I when we entered the room.

They were all dressed appropriately and preparing for our first day of training. The tensity in the room immediately rose and Hayden suddenly received a hard stare from Armani and Nikki.

"I'm definitely going to get my ass whooped." He muttered beside me. I bumped his side.

"Yes you are- but hey, now's the time to take in all the resent."

"You're right." I noticed Zane giving me a weird expression and curious to why he was looking at me like that, I wanted to frown.

Nikki cleared her throat, ending the silence in the room. I took a step away from Hayden as her feet began making their way over. Nikki was walking casually- a little too casual which was making me confused.

When she reached, she looked at Hayden precisely in the eyes. Her dangerous green eyes fought against his black ones. Hayden was still beside me and Nikki make no sudden movements. I could feel the somewhat anxiousness radiating off of Hayden. Who knew what Nikki was going to do?

"Hayden." Nikki started, pressing her lips in a thin line. My eyes widened at how freaking calm she was and I looked between Hayden and her bewildered.

What the hell? This is Nikki. She is the most hot-tempered in our group! I'd expect she'd punch Hayden at least!

Zane, Armani, and Perri watched the scene in the background silently with different expressions.

I continued to stare at them both with confused eyes wondering how the hell this is happening. "Words cannot explain....how i'm feeling right now," Nikki began again. Her voice was low and calm.

Hayden looked down for a couple of seconds- bowing his head in almost what seemed like shame and guilt. When he looked back up at Nikki, her lips tilted in a tiny frown.

Way too fast to process, catching me and Hayden off guard, Nikki decked Hayden right in the damn nose- pretty damn hard. Standing right beside him, I could hear the ugly cracking noise it made when her fist came in contact with his face.

Hayden reared back, instantly holding his nose and growling a loud sound of pain.

I stepped back and made a face when the punch took me off guard. "Fuck!" Hayden rumbled.

Nikki clenched her fist by her side while glaring at him. Her eyes were now glowing a shocking yellow. She gritted out her next words lowly. "But maybe that can." 

*****

Hello, did you like it? Remember Hayden's feelings for Mani?

Do you think everyone else remembers?

Remember to vote and comment. Until next time,

-brittany.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 1.3K 24
| 14x ๐—™๐—˜๐—”๐—ง๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—— ยท [Open Novella Contest 2022 Longlist] ยท Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson Saga meets The Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. ...
Ares By A

Romance

434K 11.1K 38
โ€ข MATURE STORY โ€ข Sydney couldn't help but give her best friend curious eyes after that encounter, watching the stunning man walk away from the corner...
66.4K 3.8K 22
๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐จ๐ข๐š | ฮตแฝ”ฮฝฮฟฮนฮฑ ๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง. ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ - ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐, ๐š ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ญ. "๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ข๏ฟฝ...
4K 84 26
Celeste Constantine is no normal girl, not even in modern day standards. It's 2020 and Celeste lives in a small apartment, with her cat Smile and her...