Hideaway [h.s]

By happydays1d

BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain t... More

Authors Note
Recap
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
190
191
192
193
194
195
196
197
198
199
200
201
202
203
204
Epilogue
Devotion

177

226K 5.9K 34.9K
By happydays1d

HAPPY 150K FOR MALIGNANT❤️😭

We woke up that morning in the same position that we fell asleep in. Our heads were at the foot of the bed and we were facing each other, holding each other.

He was peacefully asleep for once, not one curve of stress afflicted on his face.

Our legs were intertwined while his one arm was wrapped around my waist. I admired his features for so long, looking at every dip in his skin. He was holding me close, keeping his large open hand on my lower back. My hands were naturally placed on against his chest, and when I looked at them, I saw the pinkish-purple bruises on my knuckle.

I furrowed my brows and brought the back of my right hand closer to my face, further inspecting the marks. Three of my knuckles were swelled and bruised, looking like I punched someone in the face. But I knew this was from last night when I got my hand slammed into the wooden bed frame over and over again by Harry's head.

I run my fingers across the marks on my opposing hand and wince uncontrollably.

Surprisingly, Harry's eyes snap open.

"What's wrong?" He says in his groggy voice.

"How did you wake up from that?" I ask in shock.

"You winced in pain. What's wrong?" He ignores my question and asks me again.

"Nothing- I pulled my own hair by accident." I lie while hiding my hand.

He keeps his eyes drilled into mine for a moment, staying silent as it looked like he was reading my soul.

"You're lying." He rasps while shuting his eyes again.

"No I'm not." I scuffle.

"Yes, you are. You might as well just tell me before I find out myself." He murmurs with his eyes shut, reading me like a book.

"Harry please."

"Please what?"

"Just leave it. If I said I'm fine then I'm fine." I whisper, brushing his hair behind his ear while hiding my other hand between us.

I don't want him to feel bad or anything because I know he will, even if I voluntarily put my hand between his head and the board to protect his skull. I know I probably won't be able to hide my hand until the bruises go away, but I can definitely try.

He sighs and keeps his eyes shut, rubbing my back.

"Did you sleep okay..you know..after?" I ask quietly.

"Kinda. What about you?" He murmurs.

"I was fine." I keep stroking his hair back with my eyes half open from exhaustion.

"And how's baby?" He asks me while moving his hand to my bump.

"She's doing great. I've been really lucky so far- a lot of woman have terribly hard pregnancies." I murmur as he rubs my belly.

"I mean we are very calm people, so it would make sense that she is a calm baby." I murmur.

"Calm?" I arch my brow a bit, not complete to agree with his statement. A small smile creeps up his lips from my questioning.

"Well, kinda calm." He restates.

"We are gonna have to name her soon, you know that right?" I chuckle under my breath, letting my eyes stay closed.

"I know, and I have a feeling we won't come to an agreement." He murmurs.

"Why is that?" I laugh.

"I just have a feeling. Name a name right now and I'll tell you if I like it." He still keeps his eyes shut.

"Uhm...well let's see." I search my brain for a girls name I can see us calling our daughter. "Sarah?"

"No." He says almost right away.

"What why?"

"I just can't see it." He gives the simplest excuse.

"Grace?"

"No."

"Emily?"

"Nope."

"Harry you gotta tell me why." I roll my eyes.

"I just can't see us calling her that. Their all nice names but nothing that stands out." He murmurs.

"Okay then you start firing names and I'll tell you if I like them." I flip the table around.

"Mm I don't have any." He chuckles.

"That's a lie. I know you have something in that head of yours." I deny.

"You think so huh?" He murmurs.

"I know so. Now tell me." I whisper, opening my eyes to meet his.

He drills his eyes into mine and stays silent. I'm not dumb, I know at one point or another he has thought of a name. A small smirk spreads up his lips it makes me hope that he'll actually elaborate.

"Nah, I know you won't like it." He grins.

"So you do have one."

"No not really. It's not important, I know you won't like it."

"Well what is it?" I get impatient as he beats around the bush.

"Mmm, I don't wanna tell you." He makes me roll my eyes.

"Harry!" I couldn't help but raise my voice.

"You won't like it! And I know that because it is not like the names you just listed." He chuckles.

"So then just tell me anyway." I scuffle.

"Nope." He smirks.

"Harry, seriously just tell me." I start to get irritated. I know he's just teasing but it's kinda pissing me off. I've been very impatient lately and maybe it's a side effect of pregnancy but either way I want him to just tell me so I can get it off my mind.

"Oh relax babe it isn't a big deal." He shuts his eyes again, his voice raspy and low.

I furrow my brows and lean back away from him a bit.

"Harry, it is a big deal." I state with a bit of offence in my voice.

I've also been very short tempered lately and stupidly taking things more to offence more often. He notices my tone and opens his eyes again, knitting his brows together.

"Harry do you understand how much we need to do for this unborn baby in the next few months? She is a big deal." I state.

"What? Amelia I didn't mean it like that.." he says in defence.

I sit up in the heat of the discussion, crossing my legs.

"We have so much to do Harry. We need to get a crib, a car seat, bottles, clothes, diapers, literally so many things." I start to get louder and more stressed while saying this all out loud for the first time.

"Why are you being like this?" He murmurs still half asleep, shutting his eyes again which makes me more irritated.

"Because you don't seem to really care as much." I hit my boiling point.

I know he cares and I'm probably just overreacting but the fact he never seems to elaborate that much with these things makes me feel a bit upset.

"I care babe, you know that." He conveys softly.

It's also kind of alarming that he's not getting more heated like he usually does when I raise my voice. Harry always has to be the loudest in an argument, and although I don't want him to yell, I kinda wanted him to seem like he cares more.

"For the most part I know you care but you don't seem as urgent to get these things done as I am. The baby won't have a bedroom so we have to figure out how we will put everything in here." I run my hand back through my hair and feel my anxieties rising on how much we need to do.

"Are you gonna keep going?" He ask in his raspy monotone voice.

"Why aren't you as stressed as me? This is what makes me think you don't care as much and it worries me Harry." I complain.

He peels himself off the bed with a sigh, sitting up like me with bags under his green eye and a mild case of bedhead. He looks at me for a moment before getting off the bed, standing to his feet and turning to the door.

"Where are you going?" I shake my head.

"C'mere won't ya?" He tells me while reaching his hand out for me to stand up and grab.

I roll my eyes and get out of bed, taking his hand reluctantly.

"We aren't done with this conversation." I scuffle as he pulls me to the door.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "Oh I know."

We pulls me out to the hallway and takes me to Liam's bedroom door that was new and polished. He grabs the gold handle and turns it to open the door the tall door, showing me the work he's done for the first time.

Once he open the door and pulled me in, I was very confused for the first second. Then when I realized what I was actually looking at, my stomach knotted but my heart swelled at the same time.

The room, it wasn't Liam's room anymore. The walls were a very pale blue and in the center of the room against the far wall was a white crib. There was a changing table and a new white dresser with empty picture frames on it. Beautiful white curtains were hanging at the square window and white shelves nailed into the wall. In the corner was a rocking chair and a bunch of unopened boxes that contained things like car seats and strollers.

He turned Liam's room into a nursery.

I was lost for words, it all took my breath away. My jaw was to the floor, and I had no idea this is what he's been doing in here for the past few weeks.

"It's not quiet done yet.. but you get the main idea." He turns to look at me, scratching the back of his neck. "I was going to paint the walls more girlish but I read that 40% of kids with blue bedroom grow up to be calmer." He murmurs while turning to look at the room.

That's why I couldn't sleep in here, their was no bed to actually sleep in.

"H-Harry-" I look at the room in awe, feeling my emotions rising and my eyes start to tear up. I place my hand over my mouth, darting my glossy eyes around the room. Before I know it I was in complete tears, breaking down.

"Baby," Harry comes over and pulls me into his chest, wrapping his strong arms around me. "Why are you crying?"

I shake my head into his chest, "My hormones are over the place." I cry into his chest, making him chuckle. "I can't believe you did all of this." I cry while pulling my head back to look up at him.

"It's not completely done yet, but I don't want you to cry." He frowns while rubbing my back.

"Their tears of joy." I smile while wiping the tears with my fists.

He smiles down at me with his eyes still puffy from sleep. He softly kissed my forehead before pulling back and bringing me further into the room.

"Look," He turns me around so my back is pressed to him. His hands meet over my small bump and he rests his chin on my shoulder. "This is where one of us would sit when she's crying at night." He says while we stand in front of the white rocking chair, making me smile.

He pulls me over to the new dresser he put together, having me look at the empty picture frames.

"I thought that you would want some nice pictures of her so I just got some empty frames. We will fill them eventually. I didn't buy any clothes for the dresser because I thought that would be more of your thing." He chuckles while rubbing my stomach, making me giggle.

He then pulls me to the crib, kissing my neck while still staying behind me.

"And this is where she will sleep." He says softly. I could hear the smile on his face as he spoke.

I look at the crib and sniffle, wiping the tears under my eyes. Everything he did was so perfect and I was dumbfounded that he managed to keep this all a secret from me for weeks.

"I can't believe you did this, especially without me knowing." I turn around and face him, placing my hands on his neck.

"I was going to tell you soon but I wasn't exactly done. I wanted to put together some more shelves." He smiles while locking his hands on my lower back.

I felt so happy in this moment. I was so dumb to say what I said earlier about how he didn't care as much about everything we need to do. All this time he was in here, putting a nursery together.

"How did you get all these things here without me noticing?" I ask.

"The guys helped me at some points, but I brought a lot of it in at night when you were asleep." He smirks.

"Was that what all the noise was in the middle of the night?" I laugh.

"Most likely." He chuckles and kisses my forehead again.

"God I love you." I smile while placing my hand on his cheek.

"Woah a little to soon for that don't you think?" He arches his brow jokingly.

"Oh you're right I'm sorry. Maybe I just assumed because I'm carrying your baby and all." I play along with the joke.

He grins and dips his head down to kiss me, smiling into the kiss as we stand in the middle of our future daughters bedroom.

//

Awe it's kinda sad that it was Liam's room but at the same time my heart was melting that Harry did this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 870 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
1.2K 41 12
IF U FIND THIS DO NOT READ IT I AM REPUBLISHING IT FOR ONE NIGHT SO MY FRIENDS CAN READ IT AND MAKE FUN OF ME
289 0 20
Harry hides booze under his bed. What about it? *** AU: Harry has a problem with drinking and Louis desperately tries to get him to see that it's rea...
Run (H.S) By Kay

Fanfiction

179 2 16
Harry Styles A.U. I don't remember a time when I didn't run. I've spent so much time in my life hiding away from everything good, and everything bad...