Boo's wedding day (sequeal to...

By DIYPawthors

Okay, before you read this, I reccommend reading Boo's teenage years. But if you've already read that, then o... More

Boo's wedding day (sequeal to Boo's teenage years)
Chapter 1:A wedding dress, a race car driver, and alone time....
Chapter 2:premonition?
Chapter 3: getting caught
Chapter 4:bachelorette and bachelor party
Chapter 5:Time for a wedding!.....Right?
Chapter 6:Changing history....because of a bowtie
Chapter 7:Time travelers club-uh sorry-union
Chapter 8: the effects of what ive done
Chapter 9: Boo?
Chapter 10:Fixing things-hopefully-for the better.
Chapter 11:Time to fix...well...time
Chapter 12: Friend Zoned and broken hearted
Chapter 14: He loves me,he loves me not. I love him, I love him not.
Chapter 15: the end
It's official!
Epilogue

Chapter 13: Friends?

152 9 8
By DIYPawthors

Emily POV**

. I look at my phone longingly. its been two days since Russel tried to kiss me. Two days since I rejected him and told him only to call me if he was looking for a friendship. In truth, all I've really been doing the last two days was wait for his call...i miss Russel.i miss that boyish smile. I miss looking at the stars while he read aloud his own creation to me.

I'm pining over a boy that I rejected...

. Groaning, I check my phone for the bajillionth time today. But still no messages. No missed calls. Nothing. Sighing, I set my phone back down and go back to sewing another bridal dress for some girl named Tiana. Ella-my boss- comes over to check on me from the back, "What's the matter sweet pea?" she asks. I sigh and shake my head, "Nothing. I'm alright." Ella shakes her head, "don't you lie to me. Something's wrong. I can see it in those sweet eyes of yours." Giving in, I say, "Everything is wrong...."

. Ella takes a seat by me and places a hand over mine. Stopping me from continuing to embroider the lining of the dress. "Talk to me. I'm here to listen." Ella says. After I set the dress safely back on the mannequin, I sit back down and come clean. "I'm pregnant." Ella smiles, "Well that's great!" I shake my head, "But LyLeng left me for some other girl he got pregnant when he was cheating on me." Ella gasps and places a hand over her heart and a hand over my hand, "Emily, I am so sorry." I nod, "its okay. I-I'll survive. But I met this guy...His name is Russel. He makes me so happy but I dont think I should be with him. I mean, I just broke up with the father of my child! I should just be friends with Russel....he tried to kiss me and I turned him away and gave him my number to call when he was ready for friendship and nothing more.... But now I've sit around waiting for his call because I just want to be with him again and I-I just don't know what to do...."

. Ella stays silent a while just twirling a lock if her short blond hair. Finally she says, "Go for it." I frown, "What do you mean?" Ella smiles, "You need someone in your life Emily. And judging by how much you seem to like this Russel guy, I think you should just go for it. See how things turn out. There's no rule about how long you need to mourn a relationship before you're allowed to be happy with someone else. Especially when that last guy was a total jerk." I consider her words, "But I don't want to lose Russel forever if it doesn't work out..." Ella smiles sadly,"Well even if you stay just friends, you could still drift apart." She must see the turmoil in my eyes. She continues in a lighter tone, "If things work out, that's great. If they don't, you can stay friends. If he doesn't want to stay friends, well," she pats my shoulder, "That's just the risk you take. But if your whole body is saying to go for it, don't let some arbitrary social rules keep you from him." Nodding, I realize she's right.

. Ella pats my hand, "How about you take the rest of the week off to clear your head? Don't worry, you'll be paid for the week. I'll mail you the check, I'll finish the dress. You just go find your Russel and let come what may." Smiling, I stand and hug Ella. "Thanks Ella. I owe you." She hugs me back before releasing me, "Well if you feel like you owe me, then how about you tell me all the details of what happens with Russel when you return in a week?" I nod and then hurry to depart.

Russel showed me his house when we went there two days ago to get his book manuscript.

So I'm going to go there now.

Sully POV***

I high five Cornelius and Matt. We followed Boo and were whispering ideas into Ellas head. Thank God Boo listened to Ella! Cornelius hurries to Russels house, and the doctor and I continue to follow Boo. She seems lost in her thoughts, muttering,  "No, that's stupid," and shaking her head every now and again. 

At last we reach Russels house. Its time to go inside and see if we can get the magic to happen.

Russel POV***

I want to call her. I want to call Emily so badly. She plagues my thoughts continuously. Never can I seem to rid my mind of her essence. Those beautiful brown eyes that seemed to lure me in with their innocence and sparkle. That divine aura that leaked sweetness and kindness. Her body which made me just want to latch onto her and never let go. And those glossy pink lips that curved in a small smile and manages to always make me smile. Those sweet pink lips that I wanted to kiss and taste all day.

Just thinking of her makes me want to call her. But Emily said only to call her if I was ready to be just friends. But I would never be ready for that. I'd never be ready to accept Emily as nothing more than a friend. God, I knew her for a day and I refuse to let her go. I knew Emily less than a day and I'm wishing to be with her forever.... What a creep I was being; she deserved a better friend than that. 

I sit up a bit straighter on the park bench. I've been here since five in the morning. And now its eight in the evening. What have I been doing in all this time? Finishing the story. Emily said she wanted a proper ending and I wanted to give her one. So I've been trying a million different endings with a million different moods. Finally, I pick one ending I can be happy with and smile as I read over it.

But what do I do with the chapter now that it's done?

I think it over a minute. What do I do with the chapter? I can add it to the book and then finish publishing it. Or-of course-I can leave the chapter out and finish the book the way I originally intended. Then there's my last option....

I can call Emily and read her the chapter....

Which one should I do? The first option holds promise. The second option seems boring and no fun and like a waste of a chapter. And the last option... The last option seems amazing. I'd get a chance to see Emily and her amazing beauty again. I'd get the honor of being in her presence again. Just thinking about it, I immediately know my answer.

I'm going to call Emily.

Emily POV***

Before I'm quite ready, I reach Russel's house. The bright yellow house stands out among the entire neighborhood. Gulping, I walk up the driveway and to the front porch. With a deep breath, I knock against the purple door.

There are shuffling steps and scraping like a cane before the door opens. But when the door swings ajar, I do not see Russel. I see a small, short, old man. His hair is white as snow, his glasses frame his face, and he uses a cane to walk. He looks me over, "Um, I don't believe we've met, ma'am. I'm Mr. Fredrickson. And you are?" He lends a hand to shake. I shake his hand, "Emily Kyles. I was actually looking for Russel?" Mr. Fredrickson looks at me a moment before saying, "So you're the girl." I frown, "what girl?" the old man chuckles, "Russel wouldn't shut up about you." I feel the heat of blush spread through my cheeks, "Oh, I didn't know," I mumble.

. Mr.Fredrickson smiles and says, "Well, I won't bore you with talking to this old man. Russel went to the park. Not sure where in the park, but he's there somewhere. I can call him if you like?" I shake my head, "No I can go find him. Thank you. It was nice meeting you Mr. Fredrickson." The man smiles and shakes my hand once more before I depart and head for the park.

. Within twenty minutes, I've reached the park. Just as i make it to the edge of the park, I hear my phone buzz from my pocket. Quickly, take it out. Oh no. Its Russel.... He's ready to just be friends. I'm too late....He doesn't want me Anymore. Not in that way, at least...but I suppose that's still better than nothing. I put the phone on silent and slip it back into my pocket; I need a moment before I'm ready to speak to him as just friends. In silence, I continue walking through the park. 

Russel POV***

She didn't answer. I tried to call her and she didn't answer. Maybe she doesn't even want to be my friend now. Maybe I've lost her. Please tell me I haven't lost Emily forever. The thought of it makes me want to beat myself up. Please, Emily, please pick up.

After calling her phone three more times, I give up. She doesn't want to be with me even as a friend. I lost her. I'll never see Emily again. A strangled cry punctuates my ears. After a moment I realize the strangled cry came from me. Tears leak from my eyes and I wipe them away shamefully. After I pick up the chapters I hand wrote today,I start to make my way for home.

But just as I start to walk away, the voices in my head whisper, "Turn around. Look at the fountain, you buffoon!" Not wanting to go against the- slightly rude- voices, I turn around. And thank God I did. 

Emily looks over the fountain. Her back is to me. She takes a seat at the edge of the fountain and runs her hand through the water. Smiling, I run to her and tap her shoulder. She gasps and nearly falls into the water. But I catch her. She chuckles, "Must we always go through this?" I laugh, "If that's what it takes." I release her and she straightens up on the fountain. I sit beside her and place the chapters I wrote on my lap, "Story time?" I ask her. "I swear I made a better ending for you this time." She smiles softly, "Read aloud to me." After clearing my throat, I start to read aloud the new ending I wrote specially for Emily.

"Johnny looked over Shaynas dead body. His heart cracked. He never told her. He never admitted his love to her and now he feared he never would. With a heavy heart and flowing tears, Johnny picked Shayna up in his arms and carried her over the battle field. He considered placing her body in the inferno to let her ashes billow through the world and let her be at peace. But he passed the inferno up. He wasn't giving up on her yet. He had a final saving throw. A last resort. Johnny hurried over all the slain bodies that were of his hand and made his way to the dungeon within the kings castle. The sorceress of Sorori waited within. Johnny placed Shayna before the sorceress, "I offer you freedom if you save her." Johnny whispered shamefully. The sorceress smiled and with a  nod of her head, gave Shayna the breath of life she so greatly needed. Shayna gasped and awoke with a cough. Johnny glared at the witch before letting her free. With that settled, Johnny raced for Shayna. She looked at him worried, "Where are we?! I was just battling a dreaded one. He- he raised his sword- what happened?" Johnny smiled at her. He couldn't say anything for fear of just crying in happiness. His beloved was alive. She was breathing. Without a word, Johnny leaned close to her and planted a kiss he hoped she'd accept. With a smile Shayna said, "Never leave me again." Johnny just gave a simple nod before placing another kiss upon her soft lips. As he did so he promised he'd never leave Shayna ever again."

I finish reading and Emily is crying. "That was a way better ending," she whispers. I smile and and she looks at the chapter again, saying, "Are you going to add it to the book?" I shrug, "Probably not. I think this special ending will be just between you and me." Emily smiles and nods, "I guess that's alright." I smile at her and she smiles back. "So," I begin, "What are you doing here?" Emily blushes and averts her eyes, "Nothing. Just a stroll." I nod, "I tried to call you." Emily nods, "Did you? I hadn't noticed. My phone must have been on silent."

Emily looks up at the sky, "There's a small party at the dance hall for college students to celebrate summer break...you want to go with me?" she pauses before adding in a softer, gloomier tone, "You know, as friends?" I try to rush off her melancholy smile with a genuine smile of my own, "Yeah, sure. The dance hall?" She nods, "Yeah. Tomorrow at 7. It's like a casual party. You know, junk food,beer, slutty clothes, and a DJ?" she giggles. Her giggle makes my stomach somersault but I just nod, "Sure! Do you want me to pick you up or meet you there?" Emily says, "Just meet me there. I'll make sure I have my phone on ring and not silent." I nod and Emily rises up quickly, "I have to get home. I'll see you tomorrow."

She starts to walk away. My voice in my head whispers, "Kiss her!" But, for once, I ignore the voices. I almost lost Emily forever because I tried to kiss her. There's no way I was wasting my second chance. If staying friends is what it took to keep her in my life, then I would just have to suck it up and accept it. 

Matt POV***

Oh this is not good. Emily thinks Russel called her because he just wanted to be friends. But he wanted to just see her. So now Emily thinks they're just friends but wants to be more than that. And because of that, Russel figures they're just friends. Oh this is not good for time... We already used four days. We had tomorrow and that was it. We had one day to get Russel to first base to save time....

Maybe we could fix this at the dance tomorrow... That's romantic right?

Cornelius and Sully follow me and Emily home. When we reach the front door I say to them, "Okay, maybe if we whisper in their thoughts while they sleep, we'll stand a better chance of getting them together." Cornelius nods and says,"I'll try whispering in Russel's mind. You two see if you can get through to Emily." I nod and we follow Emily into her house.

No!

No this isn't fair!

This ruins everything!

Emily POV***

Sighing, I turn the key in the lock. After a small click, the door opens. I slowly push the door ajar and enter my empty house. My stomach feels swollen and I'm getting hungry. I kick off my shoes and slide off my jacket before walking into the kitchen.

While rubbing my tummy, I look through the fridge. I grab a small thing of purple grapes and wash them in the sink. Then, I walk into the living room. Some relaxation time is what I need. As I enter the carpeted living room, I yell and drop my snack.

He's here. How? Why?

Gulping I ask him, "What are you doing here, LyLeng?"

-------------A/N-----------

I'm ending here. I was stuck in a car driving from Pittsburgh to new York. And my WiFi sometimes screwed up on me. Sorry its short and I apologize if there are weird words that shouldn't be there. I'm using my phone to write and autocorrect is PMSing. Anyway... vote and comment please!!!

FANTASTIC

ALLONS-Y

and

GERONIMO!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313 2 29
Princess Morgan Annie Spencer. That's my name. I've had it for almost 200 years (certain travels may vary). My sixteenth birthday is in about a two m...
2K 44 12
[This book is a continuation of my first book, The Demigod and The Originals. Please feel free to read that first so it won't get confusing.] You are...
110 4 7
I am fifteen. My hair is blonde and my eyes are crystal grey. Hahaha thought I was gonna say blue, huh? My life was pretty normal. I walk to school e...
18.6K 817 27
Sydney Shoopman's world is changing fast. It has since she graduated high school over a few years ago. Her parents split on her. One wants her to go...