DANCING WITH DRAGONS. | D. Ta...

By sansasrose

Alysanne Stark has one hope for saving her family. That hope is Daenerys Targaryen Ice and Fire. They have... More

dancing with dragons.
part one.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
part two.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
Epilogue

VI.

25.9K 1.2K 434
By sansasrose

DANCING WITH DRAGONS. | VI.
"JEALOUSY ISN'T A GOOD LOOK"
(' GAME ON ')

Alysanne hadn't spoken to Daenerys since that night. They had been in the same room plenty of times, many opportunities had presented itself, but Alysanne wasn't interested in anything Daenerys had to say. She was still upset that Daenerys had forbid her to leave and the fact that they had a moment wasn't going to change that.

It also infuriated her that Daenerys had followed through with what she said. Alysanne didn't miss the fact that there was unsullied watching her, as well as the occasional visits from Daario. Even Jorah and Barristan seemed to be keeping a closer eye on her than usual.

"You can stop following me, I'm not going to run away," Alysanne yelled as she skipped a rock across a pond. She heard the bustling of branches as someone spoke.

"Sorry. Queen's orders," Alysanne rolled her eyes.

"You're taunting me," she said, skipping another rock.

Daario chuckled as he sat down beside her, "I am. It's far too hard not to."

"I hate being told what I can and can't do. It makes me feel like a child," Alysanne mutters, her eyes searching the ground for another stone to throw.

"I don't enjoy following you either. I have much better things to do," Daario tells her, trying to skip a rock, but it falls into the water upon impact and sinks out of sight, "Men to kill."

"Must be nice," Alysanne says, throwing a rock that does the same as Daario's and sinks into the pond. Growing frustrated she groans loudly. Daario watches her curiously as she springs to her feet, running a hand through her hair.

"You need to go home," Daario states. He can see it all over her that she is slowly losing herself because she can't save her family.

"It's eating at me," Alysanne mutters, "I can't sleep at night."

"Talk to Daenerys. Plead your case," Daario suggests, but Alysanne is shaking her head.

"I can't talk to her," Alysanne says, beginning to walk away. Daario stares at her back, confused before walking to catch up with her.

"I get you're mad at her, but-"

"No Daario. Now leave me alone," Alysanne picks up her pace, walking back into Meereen.

She wants to talk to Missandei, more like she needs to. She knows she can't at the moment, Missandei is probably preoccupied with Daenerys. It angers her that Daenerys seems to be taking control of every aspect of her life. A thought cannot past through her brain without Daenerys being involved.

Night falls and Daenerys no longer needs Missandei at her side. Alysanne waits for her outside, the warm sea breeze tossing her hair wildly. When Missandei spots her, she smiles immediately and bounds over to the Northern girl.

"Alysanne! What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping we could talk, if you have time to," Alysanne smiles and hopes that it's enough to sway Missandei's decision in her favor.

"Of course," Missandei says softly, "Is something bothering you?"

Alysanne lets out something resembling a chuckle, "There is actually a lot bothering me."

Missandei's lips form a sympathetic smile as her hand rests on Alysanne's shoulder, "I'm sorry to hear that."

Alysanne shakes her head, "You don't have to apologize."

They find themselves walking on the beach, the only light comes from lanterns lighting the windows of Meereen, and the moon reflecting off the sea.

"So, I heard you were leaving?" Missandei starts the conversation off. Alysanne keeps her gaze steady on the sand and rocks that lie before them.

"You must have also heard that Daenerys has forbid me from leaving," Alysanne says jokingly, but Missandei doesn't laugh. This grabs Alysanne's attention, causing her to meet Missandei's sympathetic gaze.

"Don't feel bad for me," Alysanne tells her, "Daenerys made sure to make up for the decision."

Missandei's gaze turned to one of confusion, "What do you mean?"

"She kissed me, a lot actually," Alysanne almost found it funny how Missandei's eye grew wide with surprise. She can't make Daenerys out to be the bad guy though. Alysanne was just as into the kisses as she was. Her judgement had been clouded by her lust for Daenerys.

"Did you two-" Missandei begins to ask, Alysanne is sure she can hear her voice crack.

Alysanne shook her head and stopped walking, "I couldn't. She tried to, but I was so upset. So, I left."

"You left Daenerys?" Missandei's voice is laced with surprise, as though Alysanne had done the unthinkable.

Alysanne nods, "Haven't spoke to her since."

"Why would you leave? I thought you had feelings for her?" Missandei inquires curiously. Alysanne feels as though it is a loaded question, like Missandei is asking much more than she truly is.

Alysanne laughs, "Why does everyone think that?"

Though they aren't entirely wrong. Alysanne is confused about her feelings for Daenerys.

"It just seems like you two have grown," Missandei pauses searching for the right word, "Close?"

"Maybe so," Alysanne says, "But I don't accept her trying to persuade me by manipulating possible feelings."

"Is that why you left your home? Because you like girls?" Missandei tilts her head as she asks the question.

Alysanne bites her lip nervously, "Are you disgusted by me?"

Missandei can't help but to laugh, "Why would I be?" she takes a step forward, taking Alysanne's hands into her own, "You're still Alysanne. It's a part of you that you shouldn't have to run from."

"You're amazing, you know that?"

Missandei doesn't say anything, she just smiles at Alysanne. She gives Alysanne's hand a tight squeeze before attempting to release her hand, but the other girl holds on.

"Wait," she says softly, "Can I ask you something?"

Missandei looks at Alysanne waiting patiently for her to speak.

"Alysanne!"

She looks up to see Daario storming towards her. She swiftly releases Missandei's hand as he draws closer.

"Daenerys wishes to speak with you immediately," Daario tells her. He glances over to Missandei and gives her a nod of acknowledgement.

"What does she need me for?" Alysanne asks because she really doesn't wish to be in Daenerys's presence.

"She won't say. Just please go speak to her."

"I'll come with you," Missandei offers and Alysanne smiles as she accepts.

Daario's eyes flicker between the two of them, "Daenerys requested that you come alone."

She bites down on her back teeth, infuriated by the fact that Daenerys is summoning her. Alysanne's starting to see it now, the power Daenerys has. Having people follow her, summoning her whenever she feels the need to speak to her. Alysanne's never done well with authority, and Daenerys is no different.

"I'm not going," she tells Daario, "If the Queen wishes to speak to me, then she can come find me herself."

Daario looks at Alysanne confused and she can tell that he knows Alysanne's issue with Daenerys runs far beyond her forcing Alysanne to stay in Meereen.

"What happened between you two?" Daario asks, "And don't lie. You've both been in a mood for a while now."

"It has nothing to do with you," Alysanne retorts.

"It does have something to do with me. I have been playing a middle man, and I'm sick and tired of it. Get out of your feelings and go talk to Daenerys."

"No," Alysanne says, and Daario lets out a laugh of disbelief.

"No?"

Alysanne nods, confirming what she had previously said, "No. I'm not giving Daenerys power over me. She wants to speak to me, apologize for what she's done, then she can come to me."

She watches as Daario makes an attempt with Missandei who offers him no help in the situation. Alysanne's lips quirk up happily to know that Missandei is on her side, that there is one person in her corner.

"Fine," Daario says, retreating. Alysanne watches his figure as he heads back into the city.

"He's right," Missandei tells her, "You can't run away from Daenerys forever."

"I'm not going to," Alysanne says, but it comes out like a child whining. She's tired of everyone trying to make her talk to Daenerys.

Missandei smiles, "Go talk to her."

Alysanne doesn't respond, however she is surprised as Missandei rises on her toes and places a kiss on her cheek. Alysanne's hand flies to her cheek, touching the spot that Missandei just kissed.

"If you want to talk, you know where to find me," Missandei says. She begins to walk away and Alysanne is left confused far more than she was earlier.

___

Alysanne sits outside of Daenerys's door. She's making an effort without actually making an effort. She hopes that Daenerys is sleep, or too busy to come open the door and find Alysanne sitting outside of it. But Alysanne has never been lucky, and she hears the door squeak open.

"How long are you going to sit there?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice me," Alysanne says standing up. She inhales sharply as she looks at Daenerys. Her hair isn't braided, and falls over her shoulders in silver waves.

She looks beautiful.

"Well you were thinking so loud outside my door," Daenerys holds the door open wider, "Would you like to come inside?"

Alysanne stands, brushing of her trousers, "I guess."

She enters Daenerys's room and glances around. It's larger than her room, but it isn't anything extravagant.

"So," Alysanne says, "Daario said you wanted to speak to me."

"Two hours ago," Daenerys tells her, "But he told me you were with Missandei."

Alysanne tilts her head at Daenerys tone. It almost sounds...jealous.

"Tell me," Alysanne says taking a step closer to Daenerys, "Why did you kiss me the other night?"

Daenerys doesn't back down, staring Alysanne dead in the eye, "I wanted you to stop talking."

Alysanne chuckles, taking another step closer, this time invading Daenerys's personal space.

"Really?" Alysanne questions. She sees Daenerys's eyes flicker to her lips and Alysanne knows she's got her, "You wanted much more than a kiss when you dropped your dress in front of me."

Daenerys's eyes shoot to her shoulder as Alysanne begins to toy with the strap of her dress. She slowly drags it down her shoulder, "Do you remember that we barely knew each other and you stripped naked in front of me?"

"Mhm," Daenerys says, shuddering.

"You seem to like getting naked in front of me," Alysanne says, "Why is that?"

Daenerys doesn't say anything and begins to lean in, but Alysanne pulls back.

"No you don't," Alysanne says softly, "Answer my question."

"I've always wanted you," Daenerys basically pants. Alysanne grins as soon as the words pass Daenerys's lips.

"Hm," she leans close, her lips brushing Daenerys's ear, "You have to work for what you want."

Alysanne pulls away and stares at what she's done to Daenerys. The Dragon Queen stares at her, lips parted and her violet eyes nearly black. She smirks, proud of herself.

"Tell Daario to stop following me," Alysanne says heading for the door, "And jealousy isn't a good look on you, Your Grace."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 95 11
"When winter comes, her flame will light the way." Growing up in the North was something people did not take for granted; her family ruled the Icelan...
84.7K 3.2K 180
Have you ever wondered what might happen if there was a change in the story? Imagine a scenario where some of the people who had died were still aliv...
39.6K 781 10
Winter is here. Ice and Fire must unite to fight the Others for the survival of the human race. Jon and Daenerys are the prince and princess that wer...
242K 6.5K 56
Aemond Targaryen was made of fire, but his heart was stone cold and his icy stare could leave one shivering. Alyarra Stark was made of ice, but her...