Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"Decision."

1.8K 77 22
By Erin__Lee

I wake up, my eyes snapping open. My curtains are still closed but sunlight slips through the small openings.

Rolling on to my back I stare up at the ceiling. The events of yesterday rush back to the front of my mind. I groan, covering my eyes with my hands.

I'm an idiot.

"Knock knock."

Ma peaks her head through the door before coming all the way in, Momma behind her.

They both sit on either side of me.

"How are you?" Momma asks.

I shrug," I still feel like an idiot."

Ma chuckles," it was pretty dumb to fight Mia."

A groan slips from my lips again and I lie my head on Momma's lap.

"Alex stop tormenting our daughter." She says slapping Ma's arm.

Ma laughs and lies on me.

"I'm sorry for fighting, and disappointing you guys." I say.

"I was more worried than disappointed." Momma reassures.

The doorbell then rings, followed closely by three knocks. Ma gets up and goes to answer it.

Momma runs her fingers through my hair, softly singing, more to herself than me, and I shut my eyes.

That only lasts a few seconds before Ma comes back," there are some people here to see you."

I frown, getting up and going downstairs.

Arms immediately surround me, I'm pulled into three warm bodies.

"You alright?" Will asks, hand on my cheek.

Chuckling I nod," yeah I'm fine, no bruises, just  a scratch under my eye. And an on and off headache."

"My poor baby!" Seth dramatizes, pulling me into his arms.

See we're totally cool now.

I push him away, swatting at his chest," you big goof."

He chuckles," good for you. It's about time you stood up to her. You shouldn't have to take her shit."

"Language." Momma says coming downstairs with Ma in tow.

"Sorry Mrs. Stratton." Seth abashedly says.

Will shakes his head," forgive my boyfriend, it's nice to meet you both, I'm William."

Momma smiles," pleased to meet you."

"Same here," Ma shakes his hand.

"I'm Olivia."

They greet her and then Seth properly introduces himself to them.

"Would you all like some breakfast?" Momma asks.

"We don't want to impose we just came to check on Emerson." Olivia says.

Momma waves her off," nonsense. It's not an imposition and I'm sure Emerson would love for you all to stay."

"Yeah it'd be cool." I agree.

They give in and decide to stay. My moms go cook breakfast and me and my friends sit in the living room.

I turn the tv on, flicking through the channels.

"Okay I have questions that I need answers to." Olivia says.

I raise a brow," the guys haven't filled you in on everything yet?"

"No they haven't so what happened? I miss three hours and you're fighting."

"Basically the day was going on as usual. Mia made some snotty comment every time I was at my locker and I ignored it resulting in a slap or two, I go to class," Olivia nods following along with the story," but after fourth hour Seth and I were talking and he mentioned my moms and surprise surprise Mia heard. So she gets all sarcastic and bitchy and says that my moms shouldn't have gotten married because their love is unnatural and I shouldn't be alive. And I just got so angry."

Olivia cocks her head to the side slightly," but why now? She's always been bitchy."

"She brought my moms into it. When it was just me it was different, but my moms? They mean the world to me, hearing someone bad mouth them and the love that they have for each other? I've never been so mad before and I just," I look down at my hands," I punched her."

Will speaks up," and then our angel here tried to apologize but Mia flipped out."

"It was bogus to be honest. Mia got cheap shots in. She pulled Em's leg and Em's face literally smacked into the ground, that caused most of her injuries." Seth adds.

I sigh," let's not rehash this whole thing yeah? I'm fine, hopefully Mia is."

"Wait wait, um, what did Hersey do to you?"

"Suspension. I didn't tell him the whole story he only got Mia's side so I'm out for ten days."

Then Ma calls us in for breakfast. We sit around the table and fill our plates with food.

My moms ask my friends some questions, getting to know them better before Momma looks to me.

"Honey have you started thinking about what you want to do?"

I gulp.

Ma chimes in," I do need to know, the longer we wait to call the principal the worse this could get."

"I um," I clear my throat and look up," I do still want to change schools."

Olivia's eyes snap to me, followed by Seth and Will's.

"I'm sorry change schools?" Olivia asks.

My gaze drops to my plate as I push the last few pieces a fruit around," yeah. I've given it a lot of thought."

"You can't run from your problems Emerson."

I frown and look at her," I'm not running from anything."

"Seems like it. We've all put up with it for years you can do the same." Her voice comes out hard almost angry like.

I'm now glaring at Olivia," I'm not you Olivia!"

Her jaw clenches, she sets her fork down, and smiles politely at my parents," excuse me."

Then she stands up and walks away, right out the front door.

I groan, putting my head in my hands.

It's silent. A minute or two later the coffee pot beeps. Momma gets up.

Sighing I stand and go after Olivia. I don't have to look far. She's leaning against Seth's Jeep. Hands in my pockets I walk over to her.

"Liv,"

"Sorry. You leaving is your choice I just," she sighs," I know it's been a short time but you're one of my best friends. I don't want you to go."

I grab her arm and pull her into me, arms around her neck. She wraps her arms around my middle.

We just stay like that for a moment, neither of us said anything.

"Changing schools won't change our friendship Liv. You're one of my best friends too, just like those goofballs," I nod towards my house," and I'm not running away I just, I can't live every day like this anymore."

She nods hugging me again.

"Am I interrupting something?"

We pull apart at the sound of Casey's voice.

"Nah," I answer," what're you doing here?"

"This is basically my second home I'm here for breakfast." She rolls her eye before heading inside.

Chuckling I throw my arm around Liv's shoulder and we go inside.

After we all eat/finish breakfast my friends hang out with me for a while. They ask what school I'm going to go to and I have no answer because I'm not sure yet. We play video games in my room, watch a movie, and play poker.

Currently we're playing 21, Seth dealing from his spot by the closet door. Will sits right next to him beside Liv who sits by Case who sits by me.

There are soda cans on my floor, a bowl of popcorn, and a bag of Doritos that Liv keeps shoving her hand in.

The game is paused when Seth's phone rings. It's his mom, he has to get home. We clean our stuff up and they leave, Casey leaving as well.

"See you guys later." I say walking them out.

Olivia, Casey, and Will hug me while Seth ruffles my hair.

I shut the door once they pull off.

A thought hits me and I jog upstairs to my parents room.

Pushing the door open I step in and my eyes widen, a scream escapes my lips, Ma looks up, and I spin around in an instant, leaving out.

I did not just see that. No no no! Ew!

They were both naked. Ma's head was between Momma's leg and it's not hard to guess what she was doing. But just in case I didn't get it Momma's face said it all.

Going back into my room I shut the door and I just start pacing and mumbling to myself.

"Holy shit."

"I have to bleach my eyes."

"I can never unsee that."

"Ew ew ew ew!"

I shiver wishing I could erase the last few minutes from my mind.

Sitting on the edge of my bed I blink. Okay okay maybe I didn't see that.

Yeah I didn't. I didn't even go in their room.

My thoughts are interrupted as Ma comes in the room fully clothed.

"No no no, get out." I point to the door.

"Em-"

"Nope I don't want to hear it."

"Emerson-"

"Who has sex with their kid in the house?! And it wasn't just me my friends were here!"

"Who barges I'm without knocking?! No one told you to just waltz in the room!"

Damn she's right.

I frown," I can't even."

She sighs," Emerson calm down."

"I just walked in on my moms having sex!"

"Sex is natural especially between married people." Her voice is monotonous almost as if she's bored with the subject.

Shaking my head I sigh," I need to erase my memories."

"What did you come in the room for?"

I run a hand through my hair," I was going to suggest that we go out to eat but on second thought I think I've lost my appetite."

"You're being over dramatic."

We both go silent.

"Do you want to go out to dinner Emerson?" She asks.

I nod.

"Alright. Like a fancy thing or," She trails off.

"A casual thing. Just family dinner."

She nods," alright well um, get ready we'll leave at," she looks at my bedside table," 8."

"Let's just agree to never speak of this again yeah?" I say.

She nods then leaves.

I chuckle humorlessly to myself before grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom and taking a quick shower.

When I get out I put on a pair of black jeans, a red and black plaid shirt on top of a black 1989 tank top, my white converse, and a red snapback.

Putting on a silver chain I pocket my phone and head downstairs.

My moms are waiting for me at the door and we leave.

"So where to?" I ask slipping in the back seat.

"Olive Garden." Momma answers.

Satisfied I nod and sit back. Ma turns the radio on and her Tinashe cd comes on. Truthfully I didn't know what to think of Tinashe at first but when Ma listens to her nonstop it grows on me.

So I sing along to the music, Ma singing as well. Every verse or so I see Momma mouthing the lyrics as well.

We pull into the Olive Garden parking lot shortly after and go inside. We're seated quickly.

Our conversation is light until we place our orders.

"So I was thinking about my decision to change schools and what if I went to a private school?"

They both hold expressions of shock, Ma being the first to compose herself.

"Private school?"

I nod.

"Which one?"

"OKCA."

They share a look, almost mirroring each other's expressions.

"How much do you know about the school?"

I tell them everything I know. And I tell them that I know someone who goes there. They're shocked to hear that part but nod nonetheless.

"Are you really considering the benefits of going to OKCA or are you just looking at it as a school to go to until you graduate?" Momma asks.

Sipping my drink I answer," it's a prestigious school so if I get in it's going to look great on my college apps, they have great extra curricular activities. It's a big school but it's tight knit so I would never feel like I don't belong."

"Okay, good start. What do you have to do to get in?"

"Application with an essay and if they pick it an interview."

"Get started then. You have two weeks. If you aren't accepted into the school I hope you have a back up plan because you are going to school." Ma says.

I nod," understood."

"I want you to be 100% about this decision Em." Momma says, her hand finding mine above the table.

I look into her eyes, squeezing her hand softly," I am Momma."

That conversation ends there and we finish up dinner shortly after then head home.

"Night." I say hugging my moms.

Ma kisses my forehead and Momma kisses my cheek.

"Night princess."

Once in my room I change into some sweat pants and a sports bra.

Grabbing my phone I text Jasmine,' how would you feel about me going to school with you?'

'Not sure. Are you being serious?' - J

'Of course I am.'

'Then I'd be stoked about it😝.' - J

'Awesome! I just spoke with my moms about changing schools.'

'Why? Not that I don't want you to come here but why change school during senior year?' - J

'Just looking for something different.'

I didn't have to lie but telling people I'm changing schools because I was bullied isn't all that great.

'Okay makes sense. Well hey if you want to know anything about OKCA or you need a tour guide when you get in let me know😉 .' - J

'Sure thing. Goodnight Jazz.'

'Night Em.' - J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 23 21
"It's almost as if sleep and I were married for sixteen years, and I caught them having an affair with my sister." Julie Esther Nicholson, one of the...
576K 12.4K 35
where a new tiktok star meets THE tiktok star. and it turns into more than a friendship. girlxgirl ~~ "she knows what i think about" ♡ ~~ thank you...
24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
902K 25.8K 31
Read I DONT DATE CHEERLEADERS, A LITTLE PIECE FRKM HEAVEN, ALLESANDRA and I DONT DESERVED TO BE LOVE before reading this. *16 YEARS LATER AFTER EMERS...