Bring Me Light - A Mediator N...

By JordieXx

Welcome to The Invisibles. Taylor Simons isn't your average teenage girl. Of course she's shy, has never been... More

Bring Me Light - Chp 1
Bring Me Light - Chp 2
Bring Me Light - Chp 3
Bring Me Light - Chp 4
Bring Me Light - Chp 5
Bring Me Light - Chp 6
Bring Me Light - Chp 7
Bring Me Light - Chp 8
Bring Me Light - Chp 9
Bring Me Light - Chp 10
Bring Me Light - Chp 11
Bring Me Light - Chp 12
Bring Me Light - Chp 13
Bring Me Light - Chp 14
Bring Me Light - Chp 15
Bring Me Light - Chp 17
Bring Me Light - Chp 18
Bring Me Light - Chp 19
Bring Me Light - Chp 20
Bring Me Light - Chp 21
Bring Me Light - Chp 22
Bring Me Light - Chp 23
Bring Me Light - Chp 24
Bring Me Light - Chp 25
Bring Me Light - Chp 26
Bring Me Light - Chp 27
Bring Me Light - Chp 28
Bring Me Light - Chp 29
Bring Me Light - Chp 30
Bring Me Light - Chp 31
Bring Me Light - Chp 32
Bring Me Light - Chp 33
Bring Me Light - Chp 34
Bring Me Light - Chp 35
Bring Me Light - Chp 36
Bring Me Light - Chp 37
Bring Me Light - Chp 38
Bring Me Light - Chp 39
Bring Me Light - Chp 40
Bring Me Light - Chp 41
Bring Me Light - Chp 42
Lies & Ties - Welcome to The Invisibles

Bring Me Light - Chp 16

4.4K 75 20
By JordieXx

Waking up in my room the sun hit my eyes and I winced as the brightness blinded me. Getting up I went and had a shower taking my time.

I was trying to decide on what was the best excuse to use on Ben for last night's incident. The more I searched for one the more I questioned whether I should just tell Ben the truth. I mean I better tell him now before I get into this any deeper. I was falling too deep too quickly. Especially how all my thoughts involved me Ben and a dark secluded area with a bed...

However it turned out I didn't need an excuse, I didn't see Ben all day. I asked Matt and Soph and they were just as clueless. By the end of the classes for the day I was feeling antsy. What happens if it was me that drove him from school scared as hell?

So without scary thought I left school grounds and made my way to Ben's house. I had no idea what I was going to say. I had this urge to tell him the truth, I've never needed to. When Ange or Bec found it was because I had to, not because I wanted to. I could trust Ben, I knew I could, I was afraid of him running from me. Whenever I was close to convincing myself to tell him the truth negatives slashed the thought down reminding me he had no reason to stay and deal with having a weir friend.

Reaching and knocking on the front door I was still utterly clueless as to what I was going to say. As he opened to door I was still deciding.

Before he could even greet me or speak I spoke, my voice small and fragile; "Can we talk?"

Nodding he led me down the hall and into the lounge room. Glancing around he answered my questioning gaze; "No one's home." I nodded smiling weakly. Oh god.

Ben leant against the wall as I leant against the arm rest of a lounge, facing him, a metre in distance between us. I hated that distance.

It was silent, dead still.

"Ben" I began swallowing harshly, my palms sweating. What do I say? "I gotta tell you something." I managed, glancing down at the scar on my palm and tracing it slowly avoiding it with all cost.

"How long have you seen them for?"

My head snapped up, too quickly, massaging my strained neck I frowned watching him with distance. Protective of my secrets. He smiled gently watching my expression.

"Presences I mean."

I stood speechless. My jaw dropped, my heart thumping like crazy and my eyes as wide as the sun. It was as if you could hear my disbelief.

"H-h-h-ow?" I stammered finally able to at least try to talk, "H-h-ow?" I stuttered again my body still tense.

He smiled gently than shrugged, "I guessed."

I didn't speak.

He sighed, "The yearbook was on Alice's year. You whispered James one day in the cafeteria and told him to get in your room that day. And you had a total obsession with talking to Alice girl and do I need to continue? Cos I have more..."

Finally finding some form of composure I glanced away blushing. Sure did take notice of everything.

"So how long?" he asked again softly.

I shrugged still looking down at my scar, "Since I was little." I said distantly in a soft mutter.

"So tell me do they glow?"

I looked up in disbelief to see him smiling, "You don't think I'm a freak?" I spluttered curiously.

Rushing over he crouched down to hold my gaze as he held both of my hands in his, "of course not." He whispered gently.

A wave of relief washed over me as my heart began to beat erratically by his touch.

I smiled, "I must ask" I began "Are you a stalker?"

His smile grew, "No. I just take notice of you. A lot." He murmured watching me his features so soft and filled with so many emotions, it was as welcoming and gentle as an embrace.

"Why?" I whispered stupidly.

He smiled gently leaning forward.

I don't know what made me do it; maybe it was out of fear and shock or just instincts. But I leant back slightly so that we toppled backwards onto the lounge.

I giggled as we hit the couch, raising my gaze my giggles halted as I noted Ben's proximity and his gaze, his face close yet his lips closer. A hand sat softly on my hip; softly he pulled it up along my body leaving a trail of fire as my heart rose to my throat. His touches making me tremble and squirm.

As his hand reached my face, cupping it gently he spoke looking at me, "Because I love you." Than his lips came back down over mine.

I was right about a couple of things. One: his lips were soft and two: they were also strong.

My hands sat limp against his chest, sighing I looped my arms around my neck and drew him in closer so that his body was moulded to mine. Ben's other hand came to the other side of my face bringing me even more closely. My heart raced and his raced as we could feel them race beneath one another. My body sparked, tingled and my lips felt highly alive and bruised.

After moments of pleasure our lips parted and our ragged breaths became audible. I giggled into Ben's chest at our unsteady breathing; Ben wrapped one hand around my face. I lifted my head to look at him

"Tay?" I looked up at his eyes as my eyes had begun to wander. His thumb gliding along my lips.

He frowned groaning slightly, "This is going to sound so corny." He muttered "But you didn't just leave a mark on my shirt. But my heart." I smiled goofily, as he continued "You know the first time I saw you, when you dropped the boxes" I blushed "from that second on I couldn't get you out of my head. I annoyed everyone, and I mean everyone." He said pausing to chuckle, "By talking and asking about you; Jarrod, Kate and Matt and Soph definitely." I smiled "you were just so captivating, your beauty and how you always shined after all the people you had to fight off. Danny, Eric and Tyler and then all those other hurdles yet you still glow." He said pausing thinking as he watched his fingers run through my hair. "There was so many times I wanted and could've kissed you" he said laughing in frustration, "But something always stopped me. I just, ah, I can't get you out of my head. I'm crazy for you Tay, totally altered."

I smiled, "Ben?" I whispered, he glanced down at me embracing me with those eyes, "You know that day outside your house when you asked if it was for the best?" he nodded, "I knew the answer to that question the very first day I got here and ran into you." He smiled wide.

His lips covered mine, our lips falling apart our warm hot breaths tickling the inside of one another's mouths. He tasted so good; it was intoxicating, just as bad as his scent. Ben moaned pulling me closer, and I was in total bliss by the taste of his lips and breath; it was sugary but it also held something else. Still filled with so much aching Ben's left mine and crawled along my jaw as I breathed raggedly. The tingle I got from his lips was enough to make me faint; I already felt dizzy. I laughed as Ben's lips desperately came back to my neck sucking and nibbling making little smacking sounds in my ears making me shiver.

Becoming too much I grabbed his face and pulled his lips back to mine, "Definitely for the best" I murmured against his lips, he chuckled. Kissing me briefly he pulled back and I let my face nuzzle in against his shoulder listening to our breathing ease to a walk. Ben's arm wrapped around me running up and down my arm making me close my eyes blissfully.

"Where is everyone?" I whispered breaking the silence as Ben kissed my hair.

"All out doing something." He muffled in my hair, I sighed.

"Ben?" I whispered.

"Mmmm?"

"Why weren't you at school? I asked, he chuckled making me look up with a slight frown.

"I needed a day to think."

"Think about what?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"How to get you to tell me or to tell you I knew. To win you over."

I smiled, "You've already done that."

He smiled wider. "Taylor?" he murmured watching me intently.

"Mmm?"

"For now on, let me help you fight off your demons," he said softly "Let me be like your white knight, kay?"

I giggled, "If only you knew."

"Know what?"

"I hold myself so well together because of you Ben. Your presence, your support." I explained, "You already are my white knight."

He smiled kissing my forehead, "love you" he murmured against my skin.

I smiled sighing, "I love you."

It was silent for a bit, we sat listening to our breathing as his fingers still ran up and down my arm soothing me.

I giggled at the thought.

"What?" he asked softly, amused.

"They don't glow." I snickered, his body vibrated against mine as he chuckled.

"Tell me about them." He whispered.

"What would you like to know?" I asked tilting my head back to look at him; he pressed his lips to mine briefly and tenderly.

"Anything." He murmured.

I smiled; "Well," I began looking up at the ceiling, "for starters they don't glow. They look like any normal person"

He nodded thoughtfully, "So how do you differentiate them between ghosts and people...that are alive. I mean you could crack up this convo with some ghost in public, totally unaware."

I laughed weakly, "Trust me, it's happened before. Over time you just learn by picking up hints." I said trying to explain how I just somehow knew to differentiate just by the feel or look. "They're always alone, distant, and they may be wearing or doing something out of place. Or somebody walks right through them but that rarely happens, they hate it." I paused to think "Like James, he was wearing winter clothing."

Ben kissed my forehead, "So you did meet James? Over Alice I'm guessing."

I nodded; "Mmmm" I said content with his lips brushing against my skin.

"So how do they know to come to you?" He asked, I drummed my fingers along his chest in thought and he chuckled as I bit my bottom lip, I smiled up at him goofily.

"Well if I talk or they talk and you respond or if I catch their eyes."

He laughed, "So no movie type thing. Like when the evil ghost tries to kill people so you stop them and then they realise you can see them?"

I laughed, "No, I haven't come across that." He nodded, "James' way was different from others. I've never experienced it before." I thought out loud.

"How so?"

I frowned, as I reflected, "As weird as it sounds he carved a message briefly into the seats that day, I recoiled cos he made it burn my skin to gain my attention. Except I didn't see him. Told me to meet me at midnight there." I said lost in reflection.

"Explains your reaction and why you were so tired the following morning." He murmured connecting the dots out loud.

"Yea...Come to think of it James was weird."

Ben's grip tightened the slightest around me, "How so?" he murmured his fingers circling my palm now as his nose glided down the side of my face distractingly.

"Well that for starters. Then he didn't say who told him about me, usually they don't know its luck they come across people like me. And he knew about my parents and Bec and me getting knocked out." I said connecting more and more and growing more confused and anxious. "I've never encountered all that or any before. Especially James' way of contacting me and I've never heard of other ghosts communicating here between themselves." I still have so much to learn.

There was a moment of silence.

"Is this only dawning on you all now?" Ben murmured gently and with the slightest hint of surprise, I rolled over to look at him.

"Yea" I said my brow furrowing as I glanced down in thought. "Feel so stupid now." I said biting my bottom lip.

Ben stroked the side of my face, "Don't worry we'll figure it out. You've had a lot going on." He soothed, my body trembled beneath his touch. Looking up all my worried faded as I smiled at him, returning it with one of his own beautiful smiles.

"Distractions." I corrected looking at his lips, his smile deepened "Just one." I whispered as I leant forward and my lips found his, he chuckled as his grip tightened. All of the sudden he let go and pulled me up.

"Mum and them are home." He said answering my quizzical gaze.

We walked into the kitchen, both sitting on the counter Ben holding my hand in his lap when all four hustled inside into the kitchen.

Sarah took one look at me and beamed, "Oh honey" she said embracing me her floral scent washing over me "Welcome to the family!" She said giving me a slight squeeze.

I laughed pulling back to see Jarrod chuckled and Kate smile approvingly. "Finally Ben." Jarrod mocked as I blushed.

Ben's dad, Charlie, walked in "Hey guys." He said oblivious or saving me from turning redder. I laughed.

Ben jumped down off the bench and helped me down, offering his hand. "We're off" he said, everybody said their goodbyes and soon we were outside on the path.

Ben's arm snagged around my waist the other holding my hand. He kissed it and I smiled loving how gentle he was and how much he worshipped me.

"Another question" he murmured as we continued to walk, "What was Ange's bet with Alex?"

I giggled, "Surprisingly that I'd find some gorgeous guy that would fall head over heels for me." I said smiling.

Ben stopped to glance at me, "And you doubted it?" he asked amazed.

I bit my bottom lip trying to hide my smile, "Not the gorgeous bit." He smiled slightly.

"How could you doubt it?" he asked pulling back from my lips.

"Cos it was too good to be true." He lightly slid his fingers down my face, I quivered.

"It's not perfect though." He murmured frowning as he realised I wasn't all happy and filled of thoughts of butterflies and rainbows.

Smiling weakly I held his hand to my face like a life support, "It is when you're here." I whispered as his lips reached mine.

Reaching towards the school we spotted Soph and Matt.

Matt smirked "I'm telling you Ben you took your time." Soph just laughed holding Matt's hand, "Let's go get some milkshakes." He said as we continued walking.

Reaching the cafe Alice called out to me. I stopped stunned to notice her hair back to brown and very little, and if not none, makeup.

"Oh.My.God." Soph murmured breathlessly.

"Uh, guys? Wanna get a table?" I suggested, understanding they made their way in. Ben kept still, holding onto me.

"Hey" I said as she reached us, "See you took the advice." I said smiling, she smiled.

"Eric aint too happy. But I'm coming back to school soon, my old one. That, they are all history. They won't bother me."

I smiled happily, "That's great." I enthused proud to have been involved in this change.

"Yea all the girls are happy" she said shrugging, "and mum and dad." I recoiled slightly pushing back into Ben for comfort, his arms tightening automatically, his hands sitting on my stomach stroking it. "Well I'm actually off to see the girls. So I'll see you around." I nodded smiling watching her leave.

As soon as she departed Ben kissed the top of my head, "Kay?" he murmured into my hair. I nodded smiling.

"Yea."

We walked inside and grabbed our seats; Ben got up and went to order for us two.

"You guys okay with this?" I asked tentatively my gaze sliding towards Ben. God did I love him. The way he made me feel, the way he protected me from all the way he accepted me and made me not afraid to be just me. I loved him with all my heart.

"Of course. Told ya you had no idea." Matt said, finally it dawned on me of Matt's and Soph's comments of Ben needing to think and multiple other hints.

"You've got no idea how happy you make him." Soph said, I glanced over at him smiling, how happy he makes me I corrected mentally.

I smiled as he returned wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek.

Maybe he was a romantic after all.

________________________

Click the external link for my Facebook page

So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx

-------------------------------------

All Rights Reserved

Copyrighted Material ©

-------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 61.6K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
1.3M 85.4K 67
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
10.2K 674 13
Before you read these jokes, you might want to read a little bit about the conditions of joking in Islam.
1.1M 68.7K 33
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...