Bring Me Light - Chp 21

I rolled off my maths text book groaning. 8.30 am. Shit! Class was in fifteen minutes!

Stumbling off the floor I chucked on a fresh set of clothes. Laundry needs to be done I noted. I piled my books into my bag knocking my still full plate of food from last night across my floor, fuelling to my agitation and anxiety. Spraying on a whole thick layer of deodorant and running my hands through my hair I puffed, breakfast??? I grabbed a piece of gum. Done.

Panting I ran down stairs to biology sliding into the seat beside Sophie. Her gaze scanned and pierced my flustered face and jumbled composure intently.

"When did you get to sleep?" she asked her eyes narrowed as she noted the bags under my eyes.

"Uh, not sure. One?" I shrugged brushing it off altering the time to a more suitable one.

"Did you get your homework done?" I couldn't help but grimace. "That's it missy!" she scolded her eyes narrowing even more making her look very much like a cat. "Library every recess, lunch even at night until you are done and it will continue. You're not failing school." I smiled at her "What?" she asked relaxing slightly once finished ordering me around and taking a deep breath.

"Thanks for making me do something I couldn't do."

***

Maths. Maths. Maths. Maths. Oh and more maths!

Stacking away my maths books in the library I exhaled deeply in frustration and exhaustion as I stretched back in my chair, my head arching back my eyes closed.

Suddenly my lips became highly busy.

"Hey you." He murmured pulling back, his face above mine. I smiled his fingers falling down under my eyes tracing my bags, my eyes slithering closed as I sighed. "You look sleepy." I smiled bathing in the sensation his tracing fingers left behind. He leant in and kissed my lips again softly "What's your plan for tonight?" he murmured against my aching lips.

MORE!

"Gotta type up an English essay and then I'm done. For now." I said breathlessly.

He ran his fingers along the base of my neck making it even harder for me, I swallowed harshly making him grin and myself blush. "I was thinking we could do a bit of research on our little friend from Saturday."

My heart fell with a shattering thud.

I nodded, "Kay, yea."

"Drop by mine once you finish English?"

I nodded glumly wanting to do basically anything with Ben bar that.

"See you later." He murmured than departing.

***

After class I gave my pile of clothes to Sophie and she left getting them dropped off for me. Cleaning my room took a while so it was near eight when I sat down and opened my lap top to begin English.

My phone rang. Groaning I picked it up:

Ange: Come outside? Need to talk.

Frowning I slid out my door and down the hall sliding past people and out into the cold breeze. Scanning the schools oval; it was absolutely deserted until I saw a dark little hunched up figure on a bench.

Edging over I could hear them sobbing, I became even more shocked when I realised the sobbing figure was Ange.

"Oh Taylor!" she sobbed throwing herself into my arms. I gasped under her weight and edged us down carefully on the bench.