Bring Me Light - Chp 33

“Taylor baby.” The voice sang in my ear, slowly my eyes flickered opened to Ben who still on top of me was nuzzling underneath my throat.

Still dazed and feeling light and blissful I pushed the hair out of Ben’s face naturally. Snatching up my hand he kissed it holding it to his cheek. Looking at him I was startled; it was a whole one hundred and eighty degrees from what happened before. My body warmed at how gentle he was and had been with me after I’d hurt him.

As my eyes began to droop he whispered against my hand as he nuzzled into my palm “I know.”

My eyes opened again but only shortly as they sank closed again “Know what?” I murmured.

“I know you don't love me because of my counselling service. It had just been a spur of the moment thing, everything building up you know? I shouldn’t have reacted like that.” He murmured against my hand pressing a tender kiss to my palm.

“I, you didn't deserve that, this. Ben I don't think this is best for you.” I whispered my voice caught.

“Hey, c’mon now.” He soothed lowering down onto me gently. “Taylor this is a group effort and I am not leaving you just cause of some whacked out ghost. Tay I'm not leaving you, I can't. I love you.” My eyes clenched shut tightly though it didn't prevent the tear that escaped. “Hey, hey.” He cooed as he stroked the side of my face tenderly.

“I love you.” I gasped through sobs.

Ben’s lips pressed to mine shortly and sweetly. Pulling back I opened my eyes as he cupped my face gently in his soft, warm and calloused hands. “If you left me...” he whispered closing his eyes as if to escape the thought.

“I know.” I whispered. “I know.” I soothed sweetly.

It was silent for a while. A pure silence as Ben repeatedly stroked my cheek as we watched one another.

I sighed blissfully “Well that went a completely different direction to what I expected.” I murmured reaching up for the hand of Ben’s that sat against my face. His fingers intertwined with mine as his danced along my palm.

Ben chuckled “I couldn’t let you go through with it...leaving me. Besides...you bring out these emotions in me that are...wild. You’re just too damn beautiful and sexy, everything you do and say brings me to my knees Tay baby.” I blushed as he brushed his lips over me. His words were comforting, making me feel loads less insecure, he felt the exact same way as I felt of him.

It was silent again as a thought trigged me “You used protection right?”

He frowned in thought “No.” He said slowly “You’re still taking the pill though?”

I nodded a rush of relief washing though us both as we relaxed. I had been on the pill before Ben came on the scene, mum put me on it a month or so before I changed schools saying “You never know, you may just meet that young dashing man I don't want you to have more stress.” She seemed to know more about my future than I myself did. She was right though; it was one less stress. It wasn’t that I was against having children, I loved them but I was still in school and I was dealing with a dangerous ghost; who in their right mind would think it was a good time to start having a family. Besides, I was young. Since I was little I always wanted to start children and a family before my late twenties. With what happened to my family and watching Bec and Seth they were reinforcing that wish; life was too short and I didn't want to waste time. Yet if I wanted a family, I had more growing to do, schooling to finish, a future to be prepared for such as finance, and I needed to destroy all threats starting with my dearest ghost friend. I didn't need to wonder and wait for that husband; I knew without hesitation that it was Ben.