One Day ~Bucky Barnes~

By Sadie_Hook

Despite her great fondess and love for her boyfriend Bucky that wasn't going to stop her from yelling at him... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The SSR
Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1
Chapter 4: Unexpected Family Reunion
Chapter 5: The Howling Comandos
Chapter 6: Only the Good Die Young
Chapter 7: Black Crows
Chapter 8: The Last Standing
Chapter 9: Waking the Sleeping Soldier
Chapter 10: Avengers Assemble
Chapter 11: Welcome to Asgard
Chapter 12: A Homoscidal Robot
Chapter 13: You found me
Chapter 14: This is War
Chapter 15: Readjusting
Chapter 16: Fixing Burnt Bridges
Chapter 17: The Gangs All Here
Chapter 18: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 19: Blue vs. Red
Chapter 20: Drunken Stories
Chapter 21: All Hell Breaks Loose
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 24: One Day At Last
Chapter 25: White Picket Fence
Tagged
Thank You
A New Story

Chapter 23: The Next Step

3.7K 77 18
By Sadie_Hook

"I can't believe you're doing this Bucky," Tony laughs.

"I'm happy for you Buck," Steve smiles patting him on the back.

"That is if she says yes," Sam teases and Bucky's face goes white.

"Don't say that. She's going to say yes," Bucky insists, "Right?"

"That depends, let's see the ring," Tony smiles.

Bucky reaches into his pockets and pulls out a picture. "I liked this one and I was just going to buy it."

"No Barnes," Tony says immediately, "This is the wrong carat, and would you look at the size of the diamond. Do you actually want her to say yes."

"Jeez Stark," Bucky mumbles, "Tell me how you really feel."

"What happened to the ring Jackie always wears around her neck?" Sam asks, "It's nice enough just use that."

Bucky rolls his eyes, "Don't you think I would've tried that. That was the first engagement ring I was going to give her back in the 40's. Jacqueline said that when she got captured by Hydra they took it from her."

"That sucks Buck," Steve says, "It was a nice ring too."

"Luckily, I can help you," Tony says slinging his arm around Bucky's shoulder and leads him down the street, "I've spent my lifetime looking at nice things, finding an engagement ring for Jack should be a piece of cake."

Steve and Sam share a look before following Bucky and Tony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the boys out of the tower and Clint back on his farm the girls decided to have their own girls night. Natasha grabs a wine bottle and three glasses, while Wanda gets face mask, and nail polish, and Jacqueline grabs chick flicks.

"Is Bucky okay?" Wanda asks as she sips her wine.

"Yea, I've noticed he's been distance." Natasha adds her eyes clicking to the tv, where the Notebook is playing.

"I'm not sure," Jacqueline admits, "Everytime I try to talk to him, he gets all nervous. For the past week he's been flat out avoiding me."

"Who's avoiding you?" A voice booms behind them and the three turn to see their favorite god of thunder.

"Thor!" Jacqueline exclaims.

"Hello lady Jackie!" Thor beams, "Now who's avoiding you?"

"No one Thor," Jacqueline reasures, "You don't have to worry about it. "

"Come sit with us Thor," Wanda offers.

"Yeas." Natasha smirks, "Join us."

"So what's new with you Thor?" Wanda asks.

"Sif and I have started dating," Thor explains happily.

"Aw that's great Thor," Jacqueline explains, "What happened to Jane?"

Thor shurgs, "We broke up. It was a mutual dumping."

"Alright big guy," Natasha say spatting Thor's shoulder, "Sure it was."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After several hours, and one to many exasperated sighs from Tony, Bucky finally picked out a ring for Jacqueline.

"Jesus I never thought ring shopping could be so enternating," Sam chuckles.

"Shut up Sam," Bucky groans, "It's not my fault I know nothing about rings, and Tony feels the need to rub it in."

"Aren't you forgetting one cruelical part of this proposal?" Steve smirks.

"What?" Bucky asks.

"I think he wants you to ask for his sister's hand in marriage," Tony snickers.

"Oh come on Steve," Bucky groans, "Are you really going to make me ask again."

"You asked me in the 40's," Steve teases, "I think that has expired."

Bucky sighs, "Fine. Will you, Steve Rogers let me, James Barnes, marry your sister, Jacqueline Rogers."

"Yes, James you may," Steve says with his eyes shining with mischief.

"You're a punk you know that." Bucky mutters as they head back to the tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the boys get in the tower they are met with an unusual sight. Wanda. Jacqueline, Natasha, and Thor are on the couch, with the hair wrapped up into a towel turban. The four of them are huddled together and are watching P.S I Love You.

"What the hell?" Sam asks and the four heads turned.

"What's on your head?" Steve asks.

"A towel?" Wanda says slowly.

"Yes but why?" Bucky asks.

"We were having a girls night and Thor decided to join us." Jacqueline explains.

"And then we decided to go swim for a bit," Natasha adds, "And out hair was wet so we wrapped up our hair to help it dry."

"You're hair is in there?" Tony states and tugs at Jacqueline's towel.

"Ow," Jacqueline excliams.

"There's actually hair in there!" Sam exclaims.

"No duh," Jacqueline mutters.

"How did you it it?" Steve asks.

Natasha rolls her eyes and unwraps her hair. "Watch closely," Natasha states, "Flip, cover, twisty, twisty, up over and done."

The boys stare at Natasha in wonder and confusion but Thor smiles like the secrets of the universe has been revealed to him. Tony, Sam, and Steve give Bucky a reassuring look that Jacqueline notices and the nervous knot in her stomach grows. She takes a deep breathe and makes her way over to Bucky.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asks and nods toward the balcony.

Bucky gives a smile and follows her out. Once the pair get out Jacqueline turns to Bucky with a frown on her face. "Did I do something wrong?" She blurts.

"What are you-" Bucky is cut off.

"You've been avoiding me, and I thought we were fine, great actually. But then you stopped talking to me, after the night I broke down, and I started to wonder maybe I did something to scare you off and-" Jacqueline is cut off by Bucky placing a kiss on her lips.

"I love you Jay bird but sometimes you talk to much," Bucky smirks.

"But I-"

"Nope my turn to talk now." Bucky says. "The reason I have been avoiding you isn't because you've done anything, you're perfect. I was avoiding you because I was nervous."

"Bucky why were you nervous?" Jacqueline asks.

"Because I was planning for the future." He smiles.

"What-" Jacqueline says but then gasps.

Bucky is on one knee in front of her with a small velvet box. Jacqueline is smiling and Bucky smiles, "Jacqueline Rose Rogers. You are the love of my life and I've known I've wanted to spend the rest of my life with you ever since Homecoming of my junior year in highschool. You're charming, brilliant, beautiful, kind, and so much more than words can describe. You helped me when no one else would and made me a better man. I promised you one day Jacqueline and if you'd have me this one day could start today. So Jacqueline Rose Rogers, will you marry me?"

"Yes," Jacqueline exclaims, tackling Bucky in a hug.

Bucky stands back up and plants a firm kiss on his, now fiancee's, lips. Jacqueline smiles into the kiss as Bucky slides the ring onto her left ring finger. Clapping ensues as the newly engaged couple turn around to see all their friends in the doorway.

"Congratulations," Natasha exclaims hugging her best friend, with Wanda behind her.

"Let's see the ring," Wanda urges.

Jacqueline smiles and shows them the ring.

"I'm getting married!" She cries happily.

"Nice going Bucky," Thor bellows patting Bucky on the back.

The couple smiled widely at their friends. "One day." Bucky mutters.

"One day," Jacqueline smiles placing a kiss on his cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 6.3K 26
COMPLETED (EDIT: In the process of being rewritten! Some of the writing might have you cringing! New chapters will be uploaded once they're all edite...
2.1K 268 96
This book will be filled with my aesthetic from different fandoms, I hope you like them!!
315K 8.8K 24
On the outside, Claire Clarke is just like every other seventeen year old orphan. On the inside? Not so much. What orphan can create poison with a th...
144K 4.9K 66
BOOK 1 - completed Two best friends find themselves freefalling through Velaris' sky with no way back home. Azriel x OC Pre-ACOTAR to ACOSF (I serio...