Chapter 14: This is War

Jacqueline wakes up to beeping and hushed voices. Her eyes are blurry as she blinks away the tiredness. She tries to sit up but falls back in pain.

"Lay back down," The nurse says, with a German accent, and walks over with a glass of water.

"What happened?" Jacqueline asks.

"You got shot in the left shoulder

"You got shot in the left shoulder. You were kidnapped by the Winter Soldier." She states.

"I wasn't-"

"The UN wanted to sentence him to the death penalty," The nurse continues, "But Mr. Stark got them to agree to give him a trail. But then the lights went out and the Winter Soldier escaped. Captain America and Falcon went after him. Last I heard Captain America was refusing to bring him in for a trail. Mr. Stark and the others went to go try and talk them into it."

Jacqueline rubs her face and sits up with a grunt. "Where are they now?"

"Miss I really think you should rest." The nurse urges.

"Not happening sweetheart now where are they?" Jacqueline repeats.

"Uh... last I heard they were at the Leipzig/Halle airport." The nurse states.

"I black out for two hours and it all goes to shit," Jacqueline mumbles getting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Afte Bucky's rampage, and attempted escape, Steve manages to knock Bucky out and drag him to an abandoned warehouse. When Bucky wakes up Steves gets up and asks him which Bucky he's talking to.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes.Your sister's name is Jackie and she was the first super soldier not you."

"Can't read that in a museum

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve agrees.

Sam states, "Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

" What did I do?" Bucky asks.

"Enough." Steve mumbles

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."