Chapter 17: The Gangs All Here

The following weeks after the ball things went back to normal, Steve and Bucky acted as if they'd never left. While Bucky and Tony had made some kind of peace the day after the ball. Bucky and Tony had been avoiding each other until they ran into each other in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I killed your parents." Bucky blurts out.

"I'm sorry I ripped off your arm." Tony responds.

They stare at each other in awkward silence before Bucky sticks out his human hand to shake to which Tony shakes.

"Thank god!" Jacqueline exclaims, having watched the whole thing, "I would hate it if my boys were fighting."

"Anything for you Jack." Tony says slinging his arm around her with Bucky wearing a small smile. "But we all know I'm the favorite."

"You wish Stark." Bucky responds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite Bucky's mind being free of Hydra shit he still couldn't sleep. He refused to sleep in his room and refused to leave Jacqueline unprotected. So Bucky resumed his position on the couch exactly 20 yards from Jacqueline's door.

Around six in the morning a week after Bucky had been back Jacqueline woke up to a yelp and a thud. Her thoughts instantly travel to Bucky as she quickly slips a sweatshirt over her tank top and grabs the gun out of the drawer from her side table. Jacqueline moves out of her room quickly and cautiously only to meet an unusual sight.

Bucky is on the floor next to the couch, flat on his back with Thor's hammer on his chest. Thor is glaring standing over Bucky and Bruce is looking nervously around.

"What the hell Thor!" Jackie exclaims rushing over to Bucky and picks up the hammer and throwing it on the chair

"Lady Jackie I found this strange man thrashing on your couch. He rolled off and woke up so I put the hammer on him." Thor bellows.

"Keep it down!" Jacqueline hisses, "People are sleeping and Bucky's not a stranger. He's Steve and I's friend from childhood."

"Well we were a bit more than friends." Bucky says with a smirk, and Jacqueline stares at him open mouthed, surprised at his boldness.

Ignoring Bucky, Thor smiles and picks Jacqueline up in a bear hug, "My apologizes Lady Jackie! It's so glad to see you."

"You to Big guy," Jacqueline says patting him on the back. She sees Bruce and smiles, "Hello Dr. Banner."

"Hey Jackie," He responds.

Thor puts Jacqueline down and Jacqueline introduces them to Bucky. Bruce was hesitant at first, having heard about the Winter shoulder, but Thor had no problem hugging Bucky and asking questions about his metal arm. Bucky was taken aback by Thor's energy but warmed up eventually and began talking to him.