Survivor { Book 1 }

By JustK04

Arielle Gilbert is the younger fraternal twin sister of Elena Gilbert, always coming second to her. This is t... More

Prolouge
Cast
Arielle's Room
Trailer
Chapter 1 - Pilot
Chapter 2 - The Night Of The Comet
Chapter 3- Friday Night Bites
Chapter 4 - Family Ties
Chapter 5 -You're Undead To Me
Chapter 6 - Lost Girls
Chapter 7 - Haunted
Chapter 8 - 162 Candles
Chapter 9 - History Repeating
Chapter 11 - Bloodlines
Chapter 12 - Unpleasentville
Chapter 13 - Children Of The Damned
Chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
Chapter 15 - Goodbye Mystic Falls
Note

Chapter 10 - The Turning Point

8.8K 144 11
By JustK04

I wake up to my stupid alarm and groan in annoyance before getting up and getting ready for another day of tired limbs and supernatural activities. After a whole lot of beating and failure, I finally am back home and in my sweet bed and almost have peace. The keyword being almost. Before I can fall asleep Jeremy comes into the room and returns the lovely gesture of our relationship by playing some loud emo song. Ouch, that fall did not help my limbs. I just glare at the cheeky jerk before going to take a nice hot shower. "We only 15 minutes Elle. Hurry up I don't want to be late." Jer shouts. Yeah as if. He just wants to meet Vicki. Yup Vicki's coming back to school which is just awesome. No, it's not. This going to be a headache. At least Matt and Jer are happy. After going downstairs I drink the coffee Jer made for me and then we both leave for school. Jeremy was practically bouncing in his seat. "Jer, I want you to keep this just in case of an emergency. It's filled with vervain, if Vicki can't control herself or if she tries to attack someone use it. Okay?" I tell Jer while handing him a syringe filled with vervain. "Okay Ari, I promise. You have to tell me how you got there by the way." He tells me before hiding the syringe and getting out of the car.

The classes were a bit prolonged or maybe that was me. I noticed Stefan wasn't there at school today and I needed to talk to him. It was lunch so I decided to call him and inform him about Logan the vampire. "Hey Stefan, you alone? I seriously need to talk to you." I tell him as soon as he answers the call. "Hey Ari and give me sec.... Yeah, I'm alone now. What's wrong?" He answers sounding tired. Can't blame him, it seems as though we couldn't go a day without problems. "Okay, so I'm sure you already know there's a new vampire in town. I know who it is. Can we talk face to face? I need to go, Vicki seems to have a hard time right now. Okay? Bye." I tell him before cutting the call. Reaching Vicki I see that she was breathing hard. "Vicki, come on. Let's go." I take her hand and lead her towards the back of the school. "Hey, deep breaths. And here eat this. I know it's not blood but it should help." I say and hand her the sandwich I bought.

"Vicki here," Stefan says as he appears beside us. These vampires are going to be the death of me. "Hey, thanks for coming. Sorry if I gave you a scare." I tell Stefan as Vicki drank the blood. "No problem. And you did give me a scare. I expected Vicki to be feasting on the students, not a sandwich." I laugh at that before getting serious. "Okay, so we have a major problem. Logan Fell is a vampire. He's going to be a big problem Stefan, not only is he a council member but he is also a jerk and conceited. Who turned him?" I ask him. Stefan actually seemed to pale at the news. "I don't know who turned him but you are right he is going to be difficult to handle. Don't worry Lexi and I will handle it. I'll tell Damon too." Stefan says. That's a stupid plan. "Yeah, and how are you going to explain how you know about Logan being a vampire? Because I don't want Damon to know I know. Please." I tell Stefan and Vicki comes to stand next to us since she was done and she seems much better. "How do you know Logan's a vampire anyway?" Stefan questions me instead. "Well, he came to visit Jenna last night and asked if he could come in. I said no obviously but he's not going to give up." I tell him. Vicki seems lost on what to do or say. "Okay I can tell him we were talking and you told me how Logan was annoying Jenna. That wouldn't be suspicious right?" Stefan asks. It's a bit better than his other plan. "Okay, just be careful," I tell him.

After school, I head toward the falls since it's been a long week. I sketch Lexi and Stefan and then Jeremy. When I am done it is nearly 5 so I decided to go and get myself beaten by Josh (her trainer). I leave the class after 6:30 since there was a career fair at school. I go home and change my clothes after taking a shower and head towards the school. I spot Jenna as soon as I enter the career fair and see that she was talking to Alaric. Good for her. My mood changes as soon as I see Logan at fair talking to the Sheriff. That's not good at all. I text Stefan telling him about Logan and head towards where I see Jeremy and Tyler. "Hey." I greet them and give them both a look that told then not to fight. "Hey Ari, what are you planning to be? Still wanna be a pop star?" Ty asks. I totally forgot about that. "No, not really. The plan didn't really work out. Still, want to be a Spartan?" I ask him in turn. Tyler and I had decided to be a pop star and Spartan when we were six, Tyler had promised to be my bodyguard after he finished the training to be a Spartan. It was an odd dream but we were kids so. "What would I do as a Spartan? I don't have a pop star to protect anymore." Ty replies and we both laugh at that and Jer cracks a smile too. Before we could continue Stefan comes next to me and tells me we had to go, so I tell them I would find them later and not to fight.

"Okay, so what's wrong?" I ask Stefan as soon as we step outside. "Logan has Caroline. Do you have any vervain with you?" Stefan asks. He probably took Caroline to blackmail Liz. "Yeah I do but it's my car. Come on this way." I tell him and we both walk towards my car. I open the trunk and a little box that had all the weapons I could fit. Stefan gives me a questioning look while I grab two vervain syringes and a stake. "Don't look at me like that I'm a big fan of Supernatural and thought it would be a good idea. Here take these. And be careful." I tell him and hand him the syringes and a stake and gave him a hug. Where did that come from? Whatever. "Thanks, Ari I'll let you know what happens," Stefan says and with that, he is gone. Ugh, stupid vamps.

I return back to the fair and see the Mayor taking Jer and Ty somewhere and follow him. Mr.Saltzman was right behind me. We give each other a questioning look but still follow the Mayor. "Come on, dad," Ty says. Come on Ty don't let him do this to you. "That's not gonna happen," Jer tells the Mayor. Go Jer. "I said fight!" Mayor shots. Geez, what's his problem? I didn't know what to say or do but apparently, Mr.Saltzman does, "Whoa. What's going on out here?" He asks with a suspicious tone. "Just letting these two kids work it out. We're good here. Go back inside." Mayor relies on. Jerk. "I don't wanna go back inside. What I want is an answer to my question. What's going on out here?" Mr.Saltzman says with conviction. Wow, I like him even more. "Who do you think you're talking to? Do I look like a student?" The Mayor asks. No, more like a coward who is trying to show his manliness but comes to be seen as a douche. "No. You look like a full-grown alpha male douchebag." Go Mr.Saltzman. I love him already. "You don't talk to me like that. I can have your job like this." Mayor said while snapping his fingers. "Ah, you do that. Then it will be you and me in this parking lot, working things out. You cool with that?" Mr.Saltzman sasses. I should take lessons from him. "You just marked yourself." The Mayor says. Werewolves are weird. "Ok," Mr.Saltzman says. Call me later I text Ty since his dad will probably just explode on him. I feel bad for him. "Hey, Ari?" Jer says. "Huh?" I ask. Again with the zoning out. "I was asking if you wanted to go home." Jer questions. Oh. "Yeah sure let's go. Thanks for helping Mr.Saltzman." I tell him knowing Jeremy probably didn't thank him. We soon reach home and go to our own rooms.

I had just finished taking a shower and changing for bed when I hear a knock on my window. This shouldn't be normal for me but it still is what a weird life I live. "Hey." I greet Stefan while letting him in. "Everything okay?" I ask before he could get out a word. "Yeah, Caroline is home and Logan's dead. I just thought you should know." Stefan says. Caroline is fine. "Thanks, Stefan, you saved my friend's life," I tell him sincerely while giving him a hug. Okay, what's with the hugs today? I step back and am about to apologize for everything but before I can I feel his lips on mine and my hands around his neck. It is amazing, my heart flutters and my brain stops functioning. There are no fireworks, the world doesn't stop or anything like that but it is still perfect. Almost perfect. Because I remember that the guy I am kissing is my sister's boyfriend. I push him away and feel like the worst sister ever. "Arielle, I..." Stefan starts. "Don't Stefan. You shouldn't have done that. What about my sister? This isn't right. Oh god, this is bad." I rant while pacing nervously thinking about what to do. "Hey, stop. Okay? This isn't your fault. Elena and I aren't together anymore. It's like you said she doesn't like every part of me. But you do and I've liked you ever since we met in the cemetery and you punched me. Every time we talk or meet I start liking you more and I know it's wrong but I really like you, Arielle." Stefan says. I don't know what to do. "Stefan." It's all I could say. "Do you like me, Ari? Please just tell me yes or no." Stefan press. Of course, I do. Ugh, what do I do? You know what screw it. With that thought, I kissed him.

Stefan left after a few more kisses and a promise to come back later. I told him we should keep this to ourselves since I didn't want people judging us or Elena hating either of us. He agreed and left. Wow. It was the only thing running through my mind. Well before Jer comes into my room and tells me to explain how I got the syringes. So I tell him how I took it from dad's kit. I didn't tell him about the other weapons though. "So you and Stefan?" Jer asks. I look at him shocked. "Look Jer. Okay, you know what I don't have any explanation and I know you're probably disgusted and hate me now." I tell him. I expected him to say some mean words not laugh and hug me. "Look Elle I know you've liked Stefan since day one and it's fine. Just be careful, I don't want you to get hurt." Jer tells me. Thank god he doesn't hate me. "Thanks, Jer and I will be careful I promise," I tell him and give him a hug.

After Jer leaves, I take out my journal and start writing about werewolves. I find a lot of information in the book I got from the library I didn't know how much was true but I still wrote all the traits like heightened senses and strength, also their uncontrollable anger. It was said that it is more prominent during full moons which I think is true. The Mayor seemed angry without any reason today, so if the Lockwoods are werewolves then the statement is true. After doing a bit more research and writing it down I decided to go to sleep since I had to wake up early again. So I put all the things in their hiding places and turn off the lamp and go to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 17.3K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
White Sins By

Fanfiction

1M 30.2K 30
In which Ashley Gilbert is the albino twin sister to Elena Gilbert and meets the infamous Original hybrid... Seasons 2-4 #1 elenagilbert #1 theorigin...
56.3K 1.1K 36
Sasha Gilbert is Jeremy Gilbert's twin sister and Elena Gilbert's little sister. She is the type of person that forgives everyone and tries to see th...
22.1K 552 19
A girl who has a doppelgänger and a identical younger twin sister. A girl who is a doppelgänger but also a vampire. Well this girl is Olivia Gilbert...