Phoenix (Nightwing X OC) #3

Von unnatural_Red

Maria is getting back into the swing of a new life and a new hero identity. What extent is she and Dick willi... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Resurection of Zodiac

Chapter 28

137 6 0
Von unnatural_Red

Maria pov
I went home with the family so I could get some cloths and see my children.

We walked through the garage and I head the patter of feet headed toward us. I turned the corner and saw Jamie.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed. She ran to me and I picked her up.

"Hey sweetie, what are you still doing up?" I asked.

"She refused to go to sleep." Alfred said as he took Bruce's Jacket.

"Will you go to sleep now that we're home?" Dick asked Jamie As she yawned.

"I'll take that as a yes." I Said.

I helped putting my children to bed. I kissed them all and then went and packed my bag For the week. I got a few extra camera lenses and my Phoenix suit. I was tempted to bring arrows but I didn't.

"Be safe this week. I don't wanna hear
over the com that you are injured. Wally needs you while I'm gone." I said.

"I've already taken the week off from being Nightwing." Dick said as he hugged me.

"Good, I love you." I said. Dick gave me a kiss before saying he loved me also.

I programmed the Zeta tube and teleported back to Clark's apartment building.

Lois was still awake when I knocked on the door.

"Sorry if I woke anyone." I whispered as I walked in.

"No you're fine, Jonathan sleeps like a rock and Clark got called out on another mission." She said.

"Is that hard?" I asked.

"Sometimes, I miss him when he goes off for a few days." She said.

"I know how that is. You're always worried about him and him getting hurt. They think they're indestructible but there not." I said.

"And when you wanna help him but you can't." Lois said.

"That was basically me during my pregnancy." I Said. Lois laughed.

We sat on the couch and talked for a while. I finally looked at the clock and realized it was late.

"I should get to bed, I'm usually an early riser so I wanna get some sleep before 5:30." I Said.

"Why do you get up so early?" Lois asked. "To do Tai chi. It takes me an hour but it's always relaxing." I said.

"Im not that willing to get up that early unless I have too." Lois said. Marking me laugh.

"Good Night Lois." I said.

I got up and went into the guest room. I got ready for bed and then crashed on the bed.

The next thing I knew my alarm clock was going off. I got up and went Into the living room. The sun was starting to stream through the skyline. I stretched and started doing my morning Tai Chi routine.

I went back to my room, showered and got dressed.

Jonathan was awake and getting his breakfast. He was still half awake.

"Morning," I said.

He grumbled a morning. I got myself breakfast and sat down with Jonathan and ate. My phone received a face time. I swallowed the bite of cereal and answered it.

I went out onto the balcony to talk.

"Morning," Dick yawned.

"Morning." I smiled.

"How are you this morning?" He asked.

"I'm well, how about yourself?" I asked.

"Ive had better mornings. Wally got me up at 4:30, I couldn't go back to sleep after that." He yawned again. He went into a room and turned the lights on.

"I got up at 5:30." I said.

"Good morning Justice, time to get up." Dick Said to Justice. I smiled as I watched Dick wake my children.

"Who's that?" Dick pointed at me.

"Mama," Justice said. I smiled.

Clark came out on the balcony and tapped on his watch.

"I've gotta go soon, can't be late for The Daily Planet or Perry'll Have my head." I said.

"Alright, don't want Perry to get mad." Dick Said.

"By my sweets, be good for Daddy. I love you." I said.

"Bye-bye." Jamie yawned. Justice had gone back to sleep.

"Bye Anastasia, have a good day. I'll talk to you later." Dick Said.

"Bye sweetie." I said then hung up. I grabbed a few more bites of my soggy cereal then Grabbed my laptop and camera bag.

"How do you take your coffee?" Lois asked as I sat as Jimmy's messy desk.

"Black, one sugar." I said.

"Alright, I'll be right back." She said.

"So what are we to do today?" I asked.

"Wait till a story comes up." Clark said.

"Can I organize Jimmy's desk?" I asked.

"I'd advise against that." Clark said.

"Kents the mayor is giving a press conference in ten minutes get there and take Gotham with you." Perry yelled.

I took my press pass out of my laptop bag and pinned it to my blazer. I got my camera and camera bag. I followed Lois and Clark to the elevator.

We went to city hall, and we were all checked before entering.

"Hold on why does your press pass say Gotham Time?" A security guard asked.

"Daily Planet and Gotham times switched photojournalist this week. She's with us." Clark said.

The security guard lets me in. I got a good spot for photos. I set my camera up on a one legged tripod.

The mayor came out and started talking and addressing recent events in the city. I took photos of the mayor. I checked my pictures and a reflection caught my attention. I looked at a nearby roof. I saw a man with a sniper rifle. I grabbed Clark's arm.

"Sniper on the roof." I whispered. He glanced at the roof top and nodded.

"Superman's on it." He said. Clark left the press crowd and disappeared into an alley.

"What are your thoughts on Superman?" I asked the mayor.

"Who are you?" The mayor asked.

"Anastasia Grayson, I'm a photojournalist from Gotham Times. My boss had me switch with a photojournalist from the Planet." I said.

"We'll Miss. Grayson, I believe Superman and the rest of the clan of so called heroes that call themselves the Justice league are nothing but menaces." He said.

"Despite the countless times they've saved the world?" I asked.

"I believe our armies could have taken care of it." He said.

I glance and saw a flash of blue. I turned around and saw Clark bend the gun. I took photos of him as he flew the assassin to police officers.

"I'm sorry To interrupt but, I saw this sniper on the rooftop." Clark said. Then flew off. I raised my hand again.

"Once again, what are your thoughts on Superman since he just saved your life?" I asked.

"No comments." The mayor said.

Other reporters yelled questions as the mayor ended the press conference. Lois grabbed my arm and we left. Clark met us at the corner and we went back to the planet.

"I don't know how you got him to express his opinion on Superman. We've been trying for years." Clark said as he put his arm around me.

"You are welcome." I said. Clark stood and stared off in the distance.

"Gotta go," he said.

He ran off, "that's got to be annoying." I said to Lois.

"Oh it is," she said.

"Hey wanna grab lunch?" She asked.

"Sure," I Said.

"I know this amazing sushi place that M'gann and I go to all the time when we have girl days out." Lois said.

"Is it the same one we used to eat at?" I asked.

"Yes that One, I kept forgetting your Maria." Lois laughed.

"It's okay." I Smiled.

We went into the sushi shop and I got another phone call from Dick.

"So sorry Lois" I said.

"Not a problem, I completely understand." She said. I stepped outside the restaurant to answer the call.

"Hey how are thing holding up?" I asked.

"We're all holding up. I just put Justice and Wally down for their naps so parental accomplishment. How are things in Metropolis?" Dick asked.

"I helped Superman prevent an assassination attempt on the mayor." I said.

"That's great. Is he really against the League?" He asked.

"He is, I asked him about that and I got him to make a comment on Superman. So another win for me." I smiled.

"What ever you do don't let them rope you in to transferring back to Metropolis." Dick Said.

"I would never, in some since I've become like Bruce and I despise this city. It's too sunny, I miss Gotham, true I don't miss a sunny day every once in a while. But Metropolis is just not my cup of tea. I don't even know how I managed to live here for two years." I said.

"I don't know either, Hey did you hear M'gann's pregnant?" Dick asked.

"I was there when Connor told Clark. He ran into the work room and told Lois and Clark, and I. I then had to give Connor and M'gann a bit of a marital help by text M'gann and ensuring her Connor was over the moon about being a father." I said.

"I'm just glad they took our advise, and at least tried for children." Dick Said.

"Me too," I said.

"Hey I'm a bit peckish, do you think we could go on patrol tonight?" Dick asked.

"If you want to so badly, go ahead. Have Alfred tend to Wally. But if-"

"if you hear I need back up I'll never hear the end of it." Dick Said knowing exactly what I was going to say.

"Good you've learned," I smiled.

"Well I don't want you threatening my family if I'm captured." Dick Said.

"You heard about that?"

"I did,"

"ya I'm going to blame my hormones on that one." I smiled.

"You were being a good wife. You never have to apologize for that." Dick Said.

"Well I'm leaving Lois at a table, we're grabbing sushi before returning to work." I Said.

"Alright, I love you." Dick Said.

"Love you too. Give the kids kisses for me." I said.

"I will, Bye Maria." Dick Said.

"Bye Dick." I Said.

I hung up and went inside and sat with Lois and we ordered our drinks.

"Ms. Lane, where is Ms. Kent?" The owner asked.

"She couldn't come. And I don't think she'll be coming by for a while." Lois said.

"Why is that?" The owner asked.

"Because she found out she's pregnant. Her husband, my brother-in-law ran by yesterday and told us the good news." Lois said.

"We'll give my congratulations to Mrs. Kent." The owner said.

"I never saw M'gann as a sushi person. I mean when I met her she was dating a fish." I Said. Lois laughed.

"You started late in the business why is that?"

"I was never an assistant if that's what your saying. Ollie and Dinah treated me as an equal. Yes I was apart of the sidekick team, but I never was." I said. She nodded.

Our waitress came back with our drinks. "What will you eat?" The waitress asked.

Lois ordered then, I order my sushi in Japanese, leaving Lois and the waitress speech less.

"I'll have that right out." The waitress said in Japanese.

___________________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. I was flying back home and I forgot to publish the chapter when we landed.
-Zodiac

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

55 0 8
A usual night that was supposed to be another somewhat uneventful gala in a manor belonging to the man Bruce Wayne and his sons turns into something...
1.5K 81 45
Young Grace Hunter finds herself in trouble when she decides to write a book about all the superheroes and villains of the Justice League and Marvel...
235 12 9
The Bat has a new enemy in Gotham, and he doesn't pull his punches. Can The Bat manage to protect the people she cares about from this ruthless kille...
128K 3.1K 17
After Barbara's affair with Bruce, Dick looks for someone new. But what happens when it's someone he shouldn't trust?