Auras-Book One

Av prplbuterfli

People aren't always as they seem. Sexy, brooding Dustin LeFores is making life miserable for his twin sister... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44

Chapter 43

142 14 1
Av prplbuterfli

"Who are you?"

He gave me an evil grin. "Oh, come now. I think we both know you know the answer to that question."

I looked down, fighting the fear raising the hair on the back of my neck. "You're Kellan," I answered.

He stopped in front of me, grey eyes flashing. "Dustin's little pet. So nice of you to join us."

I could feel his eyes locking onto mine. I pushed my energy harder, cloaking my mind with all my effort. "I want to go now," I whispered.

"You can go when I get what I want, and I think you know what that is."

I swallowed hard. "You want Dustin."

He turned and began pacing the floor. "In essence, yes. But I want so much more than that. I want a world where vampires are as they should be. Where we live by night, hunting and ravaging, and sleep while the light of the sun rages. I want the world under my fingertips, with Shadowfall running things. Do you know, Katie, that because of the Eternals, we must behave as though we aren't the superior race? Our power is limited by ones like your Dustin, because they fear upsetting the balance. But I'm tired of the balance, and I'm ready to take my followers into a new world."

The thick grey Aura surrounding his form was vibrating wildly. "Why?" I whispered. "What's wrong with the current balance?"

"Stupid cattle!" he spat at me, little bits of wetness landing on my cheek. "We are the superior race, and as history teaches us, the superior race is supposed to rule supreme. Instead, our metaphorical wings are clipped, and we are forced to live like hermits, or bend to the standards of your human race. Either way of life is insulting!"

I tried to step back, away from his anger, but he pushed his face into mine. "Why do you have to hurt Dustin to get what you want?"

"Because your precious day walker is one of the leaders of the force against my vision. He will fight until his death to ensure the balance, and I will see to it that his death comes soon." He spun on Daemon. "How did you get to her?"

"She was walking around outside on the campus," he replied, shrugging.

"You fool!" Kellan smashed his fist into Daemon's nose. I tried not to smile as blood poured down his face. "Do you really think they would let Dustin's treasured princess out alone after what happened to Shawn? You were set up!"

Daemon struggled to speak. "No one else was around. We weren't followed, and I mind controlled her to get her to go quietly."

"Mind controlled her?" Kellan was screaming now. "You couldn't mind control a slug! She tricked you to find out where we were holding Shawn. Get out of my face!" He slammed his hand into Daemon's chest and sent him flying into the stone wall. Daemon slumped to the floor, and half crawled out the door, a trail of blood trickling behind him.

Panic began to set in as I realized I was in trouble.

"Now," he turned back to me. "Who knows you are here?"

I closed my eyes briefly, initiating the wall to block my mind, putting all my energy into securing my thoughts.

"No one," I whispered. "Dustin fell asleep and I snuck out to get some alone time."

"I can tell if you are lying." His eyes darkened. "I know that fool couldn't control you, so why did you come with him?"

I figured I'd better come clean. "I thought maybe I could talk to you. Try to convince you that there doesn't have to be a fight. There must be some way you can come to an agreement with the Eternals."

He raised his hand and delivered a stinging blow to my cheek. I reeled with the impact, backpedaling to stay on my feet. He grabbed me and pulled me close, so his nose was inches from mine. "If I find out you are lying to me, little girl, I'll gut you with my bare hands and make your beloved watch." With that, he threw me on the ground. "Eric! Take her to the basement and restrain her!"

Eric burst through the double doors and grabbed me, flinging me over his shoulder. I tried to keep my head still, praying that Victoria hadn't been dislodged when I hit the floor. He took me down two flights of stairs, and towards a huge stone door. Just like upstairs, there were two hulking men on either side of the massive door, and one of them leaned over and pulled it open.

Eric dumped me on the floor, and dragged me over to the wall, where a set of empty shackles were attached to the stone. He pulled my hands over my head and clicked each one into its individual cuff, before running his hands down the length of my body. "I think I'll ask Kellan if I can have you when all this is over. I bet you'd like being with a real vampire." He licked his lips as his hand slipped under my shirt.

I struggled against him, twisting away from his cold hands. "Get off me!" My strength came rushing out, throwing him back a few feet.

He stood up and stared at me. "Strong one, aren't you? A little gym bunny, perhaps?" He stalked back towards me.

"Leave her alone!" I heard a voice. I looked across the room to see Shawn against the far wall, secured in his own set of shackles.

"Shut up Quarterback!" Eric spat in his direction. "Me and the cheerleader have some business to tend to, and if you behave, I might let you watch."

I felt my insides turn to jello, as I realized what he meant. I gathered all my energy and locked my eyes with his. "You aren't going to touch me," I calmly instructed.

He stopped, and his eyes took on a far-away look.

"You're going to loosen my shackles and leave, and if anyone asks, you will tell them I am down here, fully restrained."

He nodded, and leaned down to loosen my cuffs, then brought his eyes back to mine.

"Now go," I ordered.

He turned and headed for the door, knocking to let the guards know he wanted out, and he was gone.

I waited a few minutes to make sure he wasn't coming back before I pulled the cuffs off and rushed over to Shawn. He was a bloodied mess. His nose was broken, and he had cuts in various stages of healing all over his body.

"Katie!" he whispered, but I shook my head, and brought my eyes to his.

"Nod if you can hear me."

His eyes widened, and he nodded.

"I can hear you too, all you have to do is think your response, okay?"

He nodded again. "How did you get here? How did you do that to Eric? Does Dustin know you are here?"

I held up my hand. "I'll answer everything in a moment."

I stood up and flipped my hair over, shaking it out on the floor, and praying the whole time that Victoria was still there. I righted myself, and stood completely still, afraid that if I moved I might step on her.

Shawn looked at me like I was crazy, but I held up one finger. A few seconds later, Victoria was standing, naked, in front of us. I hugged her hard, feeling the hope flow back into my system.

She linked her eyes with mine. "I'm going to go out that window." She gestured towards the tiny opening close to the ceiling. "Once I get outside, I can fly around and get my bearings on the location. I'll get back to campus as fast as I can and get the others."

She looked over at Shawn and gave him thumbs up. He looked bewildered, but hopeful.

"Katie, be careful. Kellan knows something is up and he's not someone to be messed with. Do whatever he says until I get back with help."

I nodded and hugged her again. "Thank you. Be safe."

She stood still, and a moment later, her form disappeared, replaced by a little grey moth. She flitted to the tiny window and flew through the opening. As soon as she was outside, the moth was replaced by a majestic eagle, soaring high into the air on strong wings.

I let out a shaky breath and returned to Shawn. "This was the only way I could find you. Dustin doesn't know where I am, although I'm sure by now he knows I am gone. Victoria will get back to campus and bring help. We just have to hold on until they get here."

"How are you doing all this mind stuff? I thought you were just having visions and telekinesis."

"Turns out I've been blessed with a few other new skills." I touched a cut on his head that was struggling to heal. "What have they done to you?

He tried to smile, but I could see the pain in his face. "They drained a lot of my blood, so I wouldn't be able to fight back. That's why I haven't been able to completely heal and break out of these cuffs. I haven't felt this weak since I was human."

I knew I was going to have to figure out a way to help Shawn regain some of his strength. There was no way we were going to be able to fight our way out with him at half power. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek, pushing as much power into my touch as I could. Shawn closed his eyes and leaned into my hand. A moment later, the cuts on his head began to heal, quickly closing and scabbing over.

"Stay with me. We are going to get you out of here, but I have to go back over there and pretend to be restrained in case someone comes back." I hugged him quickly and rushed back to my shackles.

I slipped them over my wrists, leaving myself enough room to pull them off quickly if I needed to. I began counting in my head, trying to get an idea of how long Victoria had been gone.

"So," I began, out loud. "Dustin asked me to marry him."

Shawn gave a small smile. "Katie, that's great. Welcome to the family."

"You have no idea how many times I've heard that today." I was making small talk, hoping to kill time.

"Where do you want to get married?" He shifted, trying to dislodge his wrists from the shackles.

"You know, I'm thinking maybe New Orleans during Mardi Gras."

"We'll have one hell of a party. How is Dani?" He lowered his voice.

"She was having a tough time, but we got her back on track." I didn't want to reveal anything else, so I switched the subject. "How do you think the Saints will do in the playoffs?"

Shawn chuckled. "Nice subject change, but I'm more concerned with the Eagles right now."

I caught the innuendo in his response, and I was worried about the eagle too. By now, Victoria should be getting close to the campus, and hopefully the cavalry was gearing up to rescue us. "I've got faith in the Eagles," I responded. "You doing okay over there?"

"I'm hanging in there."

An uncomfortable silence stretched between us. I knew Shawn was trying to gather his strength. He continued to strain against his shackles, soft grunts of effort pushing from his throat.

All the sudden, the doors flew open, and Kellan stalked into the room. "You little bitch!" he spat at me. He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me to my feet. "You thought you could cross me, and now you will pay for it!" He slammed his fist into my face, throwing me back against the stone wall. The shackles pulled at my wrists but stayed on.

"Stop it!" Shawn screamed.

Kellan rushed me, his face a mask of fury. "How did they know we were here?"

He grabbed my arms and shook me mercilessly. "You will pay dearly for this."

"Kellan, we don't have time!" Eric rushed into the room, yelling. "They've got the building surrounded! Let's kill these two and get out of here." He pulled a set of keys from his pocket and headed towards Shawn.

The door burst open again, and Anya ran full speed towards Eric. "They made it past the doors. It won't be long before they find us. It's time to go!"

Kellan's eyes were blazing as he reached for me. "I'm not going anywhere until I have Dustin's head in my hands." Kellan grabbed me by the throat and began to squeeze.

I pulled my hands free of the shackles and began clawing at his fingers, fighting desperately for air.

"My favorite thing about humans, they are so easy to kill. Take away their oxygen, and you take away their fight."

I knew I had to do something quick, before he choked me to death. I kicked out my foot and connected with his crotch. He dropped his hands and grabbed himself, letting out a howl of pain. I took advantage, and rushed Eric, knocking him down, and delivering a solid kick to his groin as well. I enjoyed that feeling way more than I should have. I swiped the keys from his hand and crawled over to Shawn, struggling with his shackles to free him. Just as the second cuff clicked open, I felt Kellan pull me back again.

I tried to twist out of his grasp, but he held me like a vice.

"Katie!" I heard Dustin's voice in my head, and I knew he was close.

"I'm going to enjoy this," Kellan whispered in my ear.

I turned around and came face to face with a monster. His face was distorted, and his canines had lengthened. It only took me a moment to realize he was going to bite me. I struggled hard, punching, kicking and pushing. I couldn't let him bite me, or I would never see Dustin's face again. Kellan would drain me and leave my empty body on the stone floor for him to find. I felt something hit Kellan from behind and I realized that Shawn was on his back, clawing at his eyes.

"Did you think it was going to be that easy?" I spun around to see Anya in front of me. Her dark grey eyes were pulsating as she stalked closer.

"Did you?" A familiar voice came from behind her.

My heart tripped as I realized the voice belonged to Dani.

Anya spun around, her fists at the ready. "You have no chance," she began.

But Dani cut her off with a vicious right hook. "Paybacks a bitch!" And with that she pounced on Anya, raining down blow after blow, her face a mask of angry vengeance. "You've messed with my family for the last time!" She punctuated the last few words with corresponding punches.

I turned towards them, intending to join the revenge beating.

"You wanna fight, kitten?" I heard Eric behind me. "I'll take you on." He grabbed my arm and twisted it behind me. I let out a howl of pain and threw my head back, nailing him in the face. He let go of me and reached for his gushing nose. I pulled my arm back and landed a solid punch on his already busted nose. Blood flew all over me, covering my face and chest.

I heard footsteps behind me, and before I knew it, two figures descended upon Eric. It took me mere seconds to recognize Jeremy and George. The cavalry had arrived, and I had managed to keep Shawn and I alive until they got there. But, I had no time to enjoy my victory, because Kellan was coming at me again, teeth bared.

I let out a primal scream and charged him, all my super strength behind me. My fist flew into his face, crushing bone in its path. His head snapped back, but he kept coming.

"Katie!" I heard Dustin's voice behind me, but I didn't dare take my eyes off Kellan. Even though help had come, I was determined to finish what I had started.

I pushed around Kellan and joined Dustin. If we were going to get out of this, we were going to have to do it together.

Dustin caught my eyes for a quick moment, sending me a solitary message. "Decapitate." We stood, shoulder to shoulder as the monster came at us again.

I ducked down and grabbed one of the shackles, ripping it from the wall, chain and all. Dustin jumped up in the air and kicked Kellan in the chest, sending him toppling to the ground. I jumped on top of him and wrapped the chain around his neck, tossing one end to Dustin. "NOW!" I yelled, and we both ran in the opposite direction, tightening the chain around Kellan's neck. He began fighting, clawing at his throat where the chain was wrapped.

"Pull!" We shouldered into it and pulled the chain tighter, as it began digging into Kellan's skin. I hoped if we pulled hard enough, we could sever his head from his neck. I couldn't believe what I was doing, but I had no time to rationalize. It was life or death.

"Katie!" Dustin yelled over his shoulder as he pulled harder. "You have to do it; the chain isn't sharp enough!! Do it now!"

I dropped my end of the chain and ran towards Kellan. His neck was bleeding where the chain was digging into his flesh. I looked down at him and sneered, "You will never take what's mine. You will never get my family." I reached down, grabbed a hold of his hair and pulled with all my might, twisting with the strength of a thousand men. I felt the charm around my neck flare with heat, and I knew my strength had doubled. I heard a sick, wet crunch and the resistance gave way, sending me flying back into the wall. I looked down and realized I was holding Kellan's severed head in my hand. I gasped and dropped it, watching as it rolled to a stop next to his lifeless body.

"Katie!" Dustin crawled over to me and pulled me into his arms. "Are you okay?"

I stared up at him. "I killed him."

"You saved us."

Just then, three naked bodies appeared before us, sending us both back to our feet in defense mode.

"Katie, it's me." Victoria rushed over, wrapping me in a huge hug. "Jesus, is that Kellan?" She looked over at the motionless body.

I nodded as shock began to set in.

The room was filled with the people I loved, the people who had put their lives on the line to rescue Shawn and me. Dani and Cindy were standing over Anya's lifeless body, and George and Jeremy had a bleeding Eric pinned to the wall.

"Dustin?" Jeremy yelled across the room. "What do you want us to do with him?"

Dani pulled me into her arms, as Dustin stalked towards Eric, his emerald eyes flashing dangerously. "Where are my parents?"

Eric spat a mouthful of blood in Dustin's face. "You're too late, golden boy. You'll never see them again."

Dustin pulled his shoulders up, making him look taller than his six feet. "This can go easy, or this can go hard. Tell me where they are, and I won't kill you."

Eric's face spread into a bloody smile. "If you think any of this is going to be easy, you're sorely mistaken. From here on out, there is no easy."

Dustin turned and caught Dani's eyes. She nodded, almost imperceptibly. He spun on Eric, grabbing him by the neck. A loud crack ripped through the silence, and Eric's limp body fell to the floor, his head bent at a deadly angle.

I gasped, as the room began to spin. All the adrenaline I had been running on was threatening to crash. Dustin turned around and rushed to my side, our ever-present Link alerting him to my distress.

He stared into my eyes and recoiled at the images he found in my mind. "Katie, why?"

"Because no one messes with my family." I raised my bloody hand to his cheek, hoping to recharge myself, but instead, stars filled my vision, and the darkness claimed me.

A/N- Wow...just wow. Katie finally owned her new self. Thank you everyone for riding this tumultuous journey with Katie and Dustin. We're almost there...💙

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

2M 95.5K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
44 0 6
Non-stop cameras flashing in her face, whispered comments, stalkers, and an abusive ex-boyfriend. The limelight has never been her friend, despite he...
9.2M 323K 54
•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses along my collar bone and up my neck befo...
1M 35.3K 56
Edited Version Available on Amazon!!! ☺️👍🏻 Shift - A Vampire Romance by Kayla Jordan 1 in Shapeshifter 3 in Vampire 22 in Fantasy 4 in Werewolf ~...