My Secret Ex-husband(#Watty A...

By rheaverma1

Katharine Smith is the heir of the famous 'The Smith's' company. She is rich and beautiful. All her employees... More

Chapter one
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
Chapter 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
Chapter 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
Chapter 36
CHAPTER 37
Chapter 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55

CHAPTER 19

7.4K 225 17
By rheaverma1

Author's note: Hey guys. How are you all? Sorry for this late up but exams are over and so is college so here I am. Back and in action. Hold on tight because there's a hell of drama coming your way. Happy reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. 

CHAPTER 19

I did not realize how the day passed. Josh promised me one of the best days of my life as we walked out of the front door of my apartment, away from all the worries, all the dramas and where I am sober enough to remember everything. And it was indeed one of the best days of my life after years of crying and self loathing.

"I feel like I am in high school again." I said as I pushed my feet to get the swing into motion. Josh was sitting on one beside me and here were we, together watching the sunset at a park. After a crazy day at a gaming zone where I won a hell lot of tickets and bought a stuffed crocodile with it that was sitting on Josh' lap right now, he brought me to the park where we had a little picnic.

I turned my head towards him, his face glowing red under the sinking sun rays. A smile appeared on his face flashing me his dimple that melted my heart every time.

"That's a good thing, right?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"That's the best thing in years. Thank you, Josh. I needed this before facing whatever manipulation my father is going to play on." I sighed remembering I have a big day tomorrow.

Josh had taken my phone away so I could not contact Jennifer or even Joffery and ask them to spill the beans. So I am still left in the dark about tomorrow's events and now that I think about it, it was a good thing. I cannot stop my father from doing what he is up to so why harass myself thinking about it? Whatever happens, I will deal with it tomorrow.

I felt Josh getting off the swing and standing in front of me. He pulled on the chains and stopped mine. I looked at him, pouting slightly and slightly confused. Josh sat on his knees and in front of me. He took my hands in his and looked into my eyes.

"Kat, I am sure it's just some official announcement. You need to relax." He said.

"As much as I know my father Josh, he won't let this Ryder thing go. I am sure he is up to something but then again I don't know him enough even after all these years."

"I am here Kat, to face this all with you."

I sighed and looked into his eyes. I feel horrible for dragging him into my life that is such a mess but I could not be more thankful to him for being there no matter what. I leant forward and placed a small kiss on left cheek. Josh' smile grew wider and it was so contagious, I found myself smiling along him.

I hopped from the swing and stretched my hand for him to take.

"C'mon, I want some ice cream." I said. He took my hand and stood up.

After the ice cream, Josh dropped me home.

"Call me tomorrow if you need me. I will be there." He handed me my phone, kissed my forehead and left.

I checked my phone only to find fifteen missed calls and guess the majority of them belonged to whom?

Yep, Ryder Black.

I ignored the calls and decided to take a shower before going to sleep. I need all the energy for tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning with an annoying phone call. I picked it up after my phone went off for the third time.

"Miss Smith, where are you?" I could sense the panic in Jennifer's voice.

"Sleeping. Why are you calling me so early?"

"Your father wanted to make sure you will be here on time."

I rolled my eyes even when I knew she cannot see me.

"I will be there, don't worry." I said and disconnected the call.

I went through my texts and saw one of Ryder's asking me where I was and why was I not answering his calls. Isn't it obvious after the stunt he pulled in my kitchen? That reminds me, I need to call someone to fix the dent on my wall. Sighing, I threw the blanket and got out off the bed. After taking a shower and getting dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse, slipped into black pumps grabbed my purse to head out.

John was waiting out for me and opened the door of the car when he saw me.

"Hello, John, how was your weekend?" I asked him giving a smile.

"Hello, Miss Smith. It was good, thank you."

"Jennifer texted you the address o the conference?" I asked.

"Yes, Miss Smith and apparently now it is being conducted at The Smith's itself."

I frowned at the news.

"Are you sure about?" I asked him.

"Yes, m'am."

I nodded my head. "Let's go then."

I slid inside the car and John got in the driver's seat. Twenty minutes later, John pulled outside my office. I let out a deep breath, readying myself for whatever it is that is going to be thrown towards me and stepped out of the car.

The first face I saw once I was out of the car was Joffery, smiling down at me.

"Good morning Katherine, you look beautiful." He took my hand and placed a small kiss on the back of my hand and I still unaccustomed to the warm greeting blushed like a teenager.

"Good morning Joffery. How are you?" I asked.

"Good but slightly nervous about what our fathers are up to."

I stopped mid way to look towards him.

"You don't know either?" I asked, my mouth falling open.

"Apparently no and Ryder is so pissed about it." Joffery chuckled.

"Ah! Something against Ryder Black's will." I said.

"I heard my name." The voice came from behind me, freezing me on my spot. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I felt his presence right behind me.

I stayed rooted on my spot, not making any efforts to turn around and face the devil in disguise.

"Good morning Katherine. Joffery." He said sensing my hesitation.

"Ryder." I finally nodded after a moment.

"So now that you are also here, let's head inside. It's almost time." Joffery said nodding towards the main entrance. I moved first, ready to distance myself from Ryder as much as I can.

The three of us walked inside the conference room side by side; I in the middle, Ryder on my left and Joffery on the right. All eyes turned towards us. My father and Joffery's father were already sitting in the front.

"Dad, Mr. Parker, good morning." I greeted them followed by Joffery and Ryder.

"So, are we going to be informed what's all this about. We need to be aware of the situation in order the answer the questions thrown at us, you know." Ryder said rather un-politely.

"We are going to make announcement that you all will soon find out." My father said.

"An announcement that the three of us should be aware of as the major stakeholders of this merger?" Ryder barked.

"Now now Ryder, let's not lose our calm. I am sure it's nothing bad and we will find it out in just a couple of minutes." Joffery held back Ryder's arms.

Ryder kept glaring at my father and the way my father was looking back at him, with the smug look on face. This is not good. This is definitely not good.

"Dad, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, glaring at me.

"What is it Katherine? I am sure it can wait until after the conference."

"Actually, it can't. Excuse us gentlemen." I grabbed my father's arm and pulled him away.

"What the hell are you planning?" I whispered yelled at him.

"Like I said Kat, you will find out." He smirked.

"Dad, please. Don't do anything stupid just for the sake of your ego. There is already enough going on for me to handle."

"Oh honey! All I want to do is ease your burdens! Now let's head back. It's time." He said and walked away from me.

The way he called me 'honey' made a shiver run down my spine. Oh GOd help me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.4K 33
While Andrea Brandon dreamed happily ever after with her handsome boyfriend, the love of her life, the most eligible bachelor, Alejandro Fernandez, h...
240K 8.9K 68
Sephine Montgomery. She moved to get away. Away from her past where she was someone else. But now she's different. Now she's nice. But that was befor...
1.1M 49K 28
"I've wanted you my whole life, Scar, and when I'm finally here with you, you're married..." Scarlett Knightwell has it all. Multi-millionaire compan...
Broken Pieces By Grey

General Fiction

182K 10.6K 72
~COMPLETED ~ After an accident that claims the life of her mother and leaves her father paralyzed, Erica Smith is never the same. Erica has people ar...