Seeing Blind

By aismovingalong

"You're more blind now then you were before." More

{Introduction}
1| Burst Your Bubble.
2| The Girl With The Pretty Voice.
3| It's A Thing.
4| The Everything.
5| Fucking Amazing.
6| So Beautiful.
7| Try Hard.
8| Mega Date.
9| Rockstar.
10| Lets Talk About Sex.
11| As Much Passion As The First Time.
13| A Blind Boy Ice Skating.
14| Moment That Could Last A Lifetime.
15| Adorable.
16| A Family Gathering.
17| The Sky Is Everywhere.
18| Expecting.
19| Broken Love.
20| Cute Relationship shit.
21| Swimming Trunks And Ice Lollies.
22| I Look Hot When I Smoke.
23| Ocean Eyes.
24| Mixtape 1; Acoustic.
25| The Blind Bachelor.
26| Andre and Isla.
27| The Beach House.
28| A Mistake At The Club.
29| Colourful Emotions.
30| Just Married.
31 | Morning Antics.
32| Real.
33| Something Pretty Spectacular.
34| The Blind Boy's Bear.
35| Manly Enough?
36| Turner Falls.
37| Seeing Real.
38| Extra Small.
39| Love Bites.
40| Pretty Girl.
41| Jealousy.
42| Hand-in-hand.
43| She Was The One.
44| James Fucking Toronto.
45| Maybe.
46 | Definitely | Epilogue.

12| Friday Night.

2.6K 65 28
By aismovingalong

SEEING BLIND

12|Friday Night.

All day Annie had been shaking from excitement and nervousness, her third date with Luke was tonight and she had seen plenty of movies to know what that means. And considering Luke's reputation she didn't think he'd want to wait too long before becoming... intimate.

But, he no longer has the 'fuck boy jock' reputation, as much as he may possibly miss it. Now, Annie thought, he was so much more polite, and to her, more attractive.

She was rushing around her room trying to find the right outfit to wear. Firstly, she was going to the parlour to work for a few hours, then she was going to meet Luke at the restaurant around 7:30pm. Luke said he'd get Ashton to drop him off, then they could walk back or get a taxi possibly.

She realised the best option was probably going to work in normal clothes then getting changed after her shift into something a little more dressy. Luke told her she could wear sweatpants for all he knew, but she wanted to put in the effort as she could see he did the same. He didn't wear his baggy jumpers with floppy hair, he always had a nice button up of sorts with his hair spiked up.

She picked out some simple clothes, packing the others into a bag as Carla dropped her off at work.

Annie works with another boy from school, Michael, he's in the same year as her but she never sees him around. He had a few piercings of his own, he didn't talk too much but over the few weeks of working there, they seemed to of created a friendship.

Annie enjoyed Michaels company, he often said crude jokes which she couldn't help but find funny. He was very different from Luke, not that she was comparing, from his hair to his voice.

Annie had told him about her date tonight, he seemed interested even when he said he didn't care. Annie knew he was joking, she loved talking about Luke, so it didn't make her stop anyway.

Luckily for her, her shift finished in ten minutes. Michael said she could go and get changed now, the place was empty and about to close anyway.

She did so, changing into the tight black off-the-shoulder dress she decided on. Black heels accompanied the look as she strutted out from the bathroom, ruffling her hair with her hand briefly.

"Didn't you say this guy was blind?" Michael commented, comically chewing on some popcorn as he looked her up and down.

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't look nice. And anyway, we do this thing where I let him feel what I'm wearing." Annie shrugged, taking some of his popcorn and placing it in her mouth.

"Are you sure he's not just trying to touch you up?" Michael raised his eyebrows, leaning against the counter as a yawn escaped his lips.

"Yes I'm sure. Now, I'm off, have fun locking up." Annie winked, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she patted the red-haired boys head.

-

She arrived at the restaurant at 7:45pm, so she thought she would have seen the boy sitting down and waiting. She text Luke on her walk over, but she hadn't had a reply yet, making her head slightly clammy.

He wasn't here either, allowing her to sigh in somewhat relief as she wasn't the one who was late.

She assumed he was getting ready, fussing about what to wear or maybe Ashton was a little late. Maybe even his phone died, and he's actually on his way right now.

Luke, however, wasn't rushing to get changed. He wasn't late because of Ashton and he wasn't on his way right now. He was actually passed out in bed, the soft humming of his stereo lulling him to sleep.

Time was passing achingly slow for Annie, it now being 8:25pm and Luke was still nowhere to be seen.

She had already text him three times and she felt like he was ignoring her for some obscene reason. If he was ignoring her, she didn't want to bombard him with somewhat passive aggressive texts about his whereabouts.

Deciding maybe a phone call would suffice, she listened to the ringing 1,2,3 times before no answer was heard. Letting out a huff, she couldn't deny the starvation in her stomach clawing to get to some food, so she ordered some spaghetti with garlic bread as a starter.

At 8:40pm she decided Ashton would be the next best thing, feeling slightly possessive with all the calls and texts she's made throughout the night.

"Hey, what's up?" Ashton asked, his hand gently rubbing Rosie's side as they watched the titanic for the fifth time together.

Annie was slightly taken aback by his nonchalance, she expected him to be panicking or possibly even apologetic, but nothing came close.

"Um, where are you?" She mumbled, saying a quick thank you to the waitress who brought her food over, a sympathetic smile on her lips.

"At mine with Rosie, why?" He asked, looking at a confused Rosie then back to the screen, mumbling Annie's name so she had a small idea.

"Oh, well, what about Luke? I mean- has he got someone else to give him a lift or something?" She felt her eyes stinging, they really didn't remember. All week Luke had made comments about this evening, the fresh memory of sharing a few stolen kisses the other night being a large part of the conversation.

"Why would he need-" Ashton started, eyebrows furrowed as he looked cluelessly at Rosie. Then, as if by magic, he knew. He knew he was late, and he knew Luke was too. "Shit." He muttered, jumping up from his couch and grabbing his car keys. "I'm on my way to Luke's now."

"Oh, you don't have to, we can leave it today it's-" Annie sighed, feeling like an idiot for hoping he had a valid reason for making her look like a fool. She's seen the quick glances from the neighbouring tables, making her stomach feel sick and her head feel heavy.

Ashton had already hung up before she could finish, allowing her to silently swallow the lump in her throat as she tucked into her food.

Ashton banged on the Hemmings' door, apologising to Liz about the noise as he rushed out the tragic scenario him and Luke were in.

He stormed into Luke's room, seeing the boy laying like a log, fast asleep and his snores being louder than his music. Ashton shoved him awake, cursing him for falling asleep as he told the boy he was over an hour late.

"Shit," Luke cursed, jumping up from the bed and patting his clothes to see if they were suitable enough to wear out.

"Get changed into this." Ashton searched through his wardrobe for a decent shirt to wear, giving him a black and white striped one and some clean jeans before waiting outside of Luke's room.

Luke slipped on the clothes and some shoes, grabbing his sunglasses and phone from next to him and finding Ashton outside.

In the car, Ashton told Luke the time and Luke couldn't help his heart from dropping. He knew Annie would have gone home now, probably in her room regretting everything to do with Luke.

He sent her a quick text which he spoke into Siri, stating that he was on his way now and a half-arsed apology on the end as he didn't want to speak through the phone, he wanted to apologise to her in person.

He was going to plan his apology in the car, but his mind was racing with negative thoughts and for once Annie couldn't help him.

Pulling up to the restaurant, Ashton helped Luke out the car and inside, spotting Annie sat alone whilst eating her pasta.

"Shit." Ashton mumbled, gulping as he saw how broken Annie looked. "She looks really upset, mate." He pointed out, smiling weakly to Annie as he sat Luke down and quickly left the place.

"First he's late then he wears sunglasses indoors, why is she even wasting her time with someone as rude as him?" A woman from the table next to them spoke, her eyes glaring daggers at the boy until she finally turned around.

Luke wiped under his eyes, swallowing thickly as he took his glasses off and placed them in his shirt. He blinked a few times, getting rid of the stupid feelings he was feeling. He was Luke Hemmings for god sake, he didn't need to get upset over something like this.

But it was Annie, and he hated knowing he had hurt her. His throat hurt, like when it did when he was upset as a little kid, it stung and ached like someone had shoved a lemon down his throat.

"Don't listen to them, Luke." Annie spoke finally, hearing what the woman had to say also. Of course she was upset, but she didn't need the input of strangers in the situation.

"I feel like shit, Annie. I'm so sorry, I feel like such shit for disappointing you. I didn't even realise how much of I douche I looked like with my glasses on, I didn't know people stared and I'm so sorry you probably feel like shit and I feel like shit too. The last thing I want to do is disappoint you and I feel like I've ruined everything I've done and we're back to square one but I promise-"

As upset as Annie was, Luke's apologetic speech didn't make her any better. She felt bad enough, she didn't like seeing Luke so wound up and flustered about making such an irrelevant mistake.

She leant across the small table, licking her lips before pressing them against his own, her hand reaching for his own and rubbing it.

She pulled back and sat herself back into the seat, squeezing his hand as she watched his breathing start to calm down.

The effect Annie had on him was unfathomable, Luke couldn't comprehend the feeling he had towards her, or the way she could make him feel amazing even when he felt like absolute crap.

"As amazing as that was it doesn't make me feel any less crappy. I don't even have a good excuse, I guess I was just tired and fell asleep, I didn't even realise. I'm so so sorry Annie, I understand if you don't even want to see me anymore... god, I'm such a fucking idiot." He sighed, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Luke. My parents go away all the time, I'm used to it. You'd be surprised with how patient I am." Annie had another quick bite of food, not wanting to waste it and let it go cold.

"That's not fair though. That means I should be here even earlier, so I don't disappoint you. I've fucking ruined everything, fuck, I'm so sorry." Luke groaned, hating how oblivious he was to the effect this would truly have on Annie.

"You swear a lot, did Y'know that?" Annie chuckled, biting her lip and shaking her head.

"Annie, what aren't you annoyed at me. I'm annoyed at me, you should be." Luke mumbled, pouting out his bottom lip and pulling her hand towards himself. Once he felt she was close enough he went to peck her lips, kissing just the side instead but Annie understood.

She pecked his lips again, biting his pouty bottom lip before speaking again.

"I'm not annoyed at you. No, it didn't make me feel very special, but it's not your fault you fell asleep. Honestly, I don't think either of us want to be here... why don't I pay for this and we go back to yours? Watch a few movies and cuddle?" She asked, kissing his knuckles as she had the last bite of food.

The bill came over and Luke insisted he paid, which he happily did so. He reached for the middle of the table, just in case there happened to be a flower, which there was. Picking it up, the pair of them left the restaurant arm in arm, a smile on both of their faces.

"Annie?" Luke asked, tugging her arm slightly and coming to a halt.

"Hm?" She hummed, looking to him and sees his cheeks flustered, his hand becoming slightly clammy.

"Uh- I wanted to give you this... I know I stole it but that's not the point..." Luke muttered, handing the single rose to the pretty sounding girl.

"Thank you, that's so sweet." She smiled, kissing his cheek and tangling her fingers in the rose stem. She sniffed the plant, biting her lip as she smiled even wider.

She found his hand dangling by his side, gripping them and moving them to her face. He felt her smile widen, his thumbs pressing into her dimples as she let out a chuckle.

"You're so cute." Annie giggled, pecking his lips and watching as he scrunched his nose up, his own faded dimples showing.

"So are you," Luke muttered, puckering his lips and wanting another kiss. He pulled her in by the cheeks, before allowing his hands to travel south onto her hips. "And you're really hot." He chuckled, pinching her skin and causing her to squeak out a giggle.

"Am I now?" She chuckled, turning her head and seeing Luke's house only a few minutes away from them.

"Mhm. What're you wearing tonight?" Luke asked, his fingers feeling the thin material of her dress. Annie gripped his hands, moving them to her bare shoulders and sliding them down her chest, watching as he bit his lip when she guided him past her chest.

She bit her lip also, seeing him so flustered over her body making her eyes start to wonder, curious of what he may look like under all the clothes.

Annie shook her head of the thoughts, finally allowing his hands to touch the end of her dress, his fingers grazing the soft skin of her thigh.

"C'mon, your house is just down the road. Have you eaten yet?" Annie asked, linking their hands together as they continued to walk.

Luke's heart fluttered at the thought of her worrying about him. As much as he didn't want her to, it was nice knowing somebody did.

She did care about him, a lot. A lot more than two normal people would care, but they're not just some normal couple.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
LOTTA LOVE
A X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 17.7K 38
They burned too fast and too bright to last. Copyright © 2018 by moonpilots. All rights reserved.
9.5K 413 39
"You've said it before, you would rather something worse than want me." I murmur back, it felt so good. Not him, the feeling. Don't laugh. "I have, h...
13.5K 509 27
.. In which a blind girl falls in love with her bestfriend ..
61.2K 1.3K 17
"He was mine and I loved him." "He broke up with me yet he wants me back." Seeing the guy you love with someone you're kinda close to is kinda heartb...