The Alpha Academy [Lost Mates...

By Chick_ennugget

"Soulmate? Fated pair??" Eli scoffed, "There is no such anymore." "They exist!" "Not anymore. Because that's... More

Prologue
Outcast
Sweet Smell
Partners
The test
Lust
Results
Meetings
Wild nature
Worse scenarios
The feeling of unease
Search for Food
Trouble
Treatment
Make Love?
Missing
Cats out of the bag
Blackmail
My Mom
Unexpected things
School play
Unexpected actions
Fairytale
Rehearsal and play
After-Party
Secrets
The one who's making me feel weird
Carnal desires
Misery
I hate you
What if?
Runaway
What have I done?
Turning point
You're mine
Reasons
Sinner
Wet
Why now?
Bad Tidings
My sister and my friend
We're Even
Our past
The beginning of my sins
The beginning of my sins pt 2
Confessions
Backfire
Bloom
Trouble stirs
Trouble
Naked truth
Filling the blanks
End it all
Grace
Mates

Back to the Academy

33.6K 1.4K 785
By Chick_ennugget

>>Mael

The weekend was a disaster, so I chose to go back to the academy dorms on Sunday. I only spent one day at home but it was full of anxiety. Dad did his best to keep mother's attention away but I felt like I needed to be out of the picture for her to completely forget about my mom.

So I came back, but what I wasn't expecting was seeing someone else here too.

And that someone had to be Eli, my roommate.

"Why are you here?" I entered our dorm room and saw him lying on the couch, reading a book.

"I could ask you the exact same thing." He didn't spare me a glance and kept reading his book.

I sighed and shut the door behind me. I had grabbed a few things from the house so after putting them down in the dorm I thought of going out for a stroll. Maybe even go out for the evening or something.

I don't have anyone to hang out with but my own company isn't bad. Rather, I prefer it at times.

I dropped my stuff in the bedroom and was crossing the living room when Eli spoke up, "What happened to you?"

I had a huge bandage on my cheek and although I know it's stupid to wish for something like him not noticing it, I still did, but of course, he did notice it. It was impossible not to when there was a big white square on my face.

"I had a fight." I lied to him

He laughed, "You can fight?" He snorted as he put his book down on the couch and sat up, "You must have taken quite a beating." He clicked his tongue at me and shook his head, "Pathetic."

I didn't answer him

I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I just made my way toward the door to leave, there I grabbed my sneakers and sat down to wear them when I noticed a presence behind me.

"Wait," He was looking at the back of my head, "Is some-"

"What!" I turned around to face him in fear, "What?!" I glared at him as I hid my insecurity.

"Did you really fight someone?" He frowned and for a moment, if I didn't know better, I might have thought he was actually concerned about me.

"What's it to you?" I glared back at him.

He shrugged, "It would have been nice to be an audience."

I scoffed, "Yea," I licked my lower lip, "You would have loved it." I turned around and wore my shoes, "You love seeing me in pain anyway." I stood up after I was done

He smiled, "Did I ever say that?" He hummed, "But I especially want to see you cry."

"That will never happen." I opened the door to leave.

"I'll make sure it does."

I didn't answer him, I just left but that didn't stop me from mentally cursing him.

Fuck you, Eli!

Fuck you!!

Making me cry isn't hard but I'll never cry in front of you!

Never!!!

Go to hell!!

***

"Why are you following me?" I noticed Eli was behind me when I reached the streets.

"Because you're going to eat." He casually walked a few steps behind me as if it was the most natural thing to do

"And?" I tried to not look at him but his nonchalant behavior made it impossible.

"I'm hungry." He whistled, "Might as well go together,"

"Go, get your own food!" I kept walking as I looked behind me, at him, "Do you have to necessarily bother me!" I sighed, "And how did you know I was getting food?"

"Well~" He scratched his cheek with his index finger but before he got to say anything I tripped over the pavement bump and fell flat on the ground.

I hit my face on the concrete but before the pain what bothered me more was that it happened in front of Eli.

That alone was embarrassing. It was shameful! Why did I have to fall down like a clown when he was here?!

I immediately sat up but didn't have the courage to look back at him because I felt so fucking humiliated.

I know he's going to get a kick out of it. He's going to laugh at me! I gulped as I waited for his reaction but I didn't hear anything from Eli at all.

Well, not at first but it was soon followed by the sound of someone laughing.

Here it is...

I bit my lower lip and frowned.

Fuck.

I shook my head as I stood up but I couldn't look back at him because my face had started to flush out of humiliation.

But,

Something happened right after. There was a shriek, some thumping sound, and then it suddenly got silent.

I shot my head around but saw no one. Not even Eli. In fact, he was nowhere in sight.

What?

The people around me seemed a little shocked, it was as if something had happened right behind my back.

What the hell?

What happened? Was it really Eli who laughed at me?

...

I don't think I've ever heard him laugh so close to me so I would never know.

I shook my head as I took a deep breath.

Good thing he's not here though.

This is my chance to escape!

***

Honestly, I thought dinner by myself was a good idea and it was. I was going to eat quietly by myself and it was going to be a peaceful night until I came across this buffoon.

Killian.

"What happened to your face?" He sat right across from me and continued to stare at my face.

"Aren't you here with someone?" I had ordered my food and was happily waiting for it when he walked in with some girl and then saw me.

"Did someone hit you?" He completely avoided my question, even though he just ditched someone, probably a hookup, just to come and stare at my cheek.

"No," I glared at him, "Go back to your seat." I looked at the table where his hookup was now sitting.

"Did you fight with someone?"

"Why are you asking?" I gritted my teeth, "You don't care."

"I don't," He answered, "But I am concerned."

"..." I rolled my eyes, "What is that even supposed to mean?"

"Simply put," He pointed at my cheek, "I can't ignore something that stands out so much."

I scoffed. So he's just here for entertainment? The realization made me angry. But then again, I should have expected this. He's Eli's best friend. They're the same kind.

"Aren't you leaving?" I drew out my claws to show him I didn't want him here.

He wasn't fazed at all, "Is someone abusing you?" My eyes went wide at his question.

...

Why is he asking that? How did he arrive at that conclusion?? It stunned me even though I'm sure he was spouting random shit.

"..." I just stared back at him, unsure what to say.

Just then, I received a text, it was the perfect excuse not to answer him but coincidentally, his phone buzzed at the same time. We both opened up our phones to look at our texts and I found out it wasn't a coincidence.

Why?

Because we had gotten a text in the academy group chat.

It was from Mr. Owen. And the moment I read his text my eyes almost popped out of my skull!

'Back your bags, we're going for a trip, we leave Monday morning.'

What the hell is wrong with this man??!

Dad was right! He does have extreme teaching methods!!

Why the hell do we need to go on a trip out of the blue!?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 1 4
Two homeless girls find themselves way in over their heads when one of them goes missing and the other goes on a search to find her. Saiya quickly le...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
165K 10.1K 47
#22 in lonely (17.10.19) "Our story has a tragic ending and this, dear Juliet, is it. This is when the curtain closes." Damien and Juliet are as diff...
995K 31K 62
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Kindle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 1 of...