Moonlight and Chocolate (A Yo...

By hp_flash

Y/n l/n is a muggle-born sixth year Gryffindor who is best friends with Lily Evans and Remus Lupin. Ever sinc... More

Chapter 1: The Sorting
Chapter 2: Sixth Year
Chapter 3: Potions
Chapter 4: The Plan
Chapter 5: Hogsmeade (Quick A/N)
Chapter 6: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 7: Full Moon
Chapter 8: After All This Time
Chapter 9: Together
Chapter 10: Halloween
Chapter 11: Living a Nightmare
Chapter 12: Remus' Condition
Chapter 13: Notes
Chapter 14: Monster
Chapter 15: Revenge Plan
Chapter 16: Crucio
Chapter 17: Explanation
Chapter 18: Why You?
Chapter 19: Hear Me
Chapter 20: Flashbacks
Chapter 21: I Solemnly Swear
Chapter 22: He Wouldn't Want This
Chapter 23: Missing You
Chapter 24: The Lupin Household
Chapter 25: The Funeral
Chapter 26: Work It Out
Chapter 27: The Holidays
Chapter 28: January 1st
Chapter 29: Seventh Year
Chapter 30: Meeting the Pick-Up Line Source
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day, 1978
Chapter 32: Spider-Remus?
Chapter 33: Quidditch & Lockhart
Chapter 35: The Beginning of the Prank Wars
Chapter 36: Smooth
Chapter 37: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter 38: The Last Game
Chapter 39: Sketchy
Chapter 40: The End of an Era
A/N: Reflections and Looking Ahead

Chapter 34: Cliche

3.9K 128 55
By hp_flash

A/N: Hey there everyone, I hope you're well. I'm back from my unexpected hiatus. Here's a new chapter, enjoy! Also, there's another Author's note at the end of this chapter that you should read.

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I had my hands buried in my face when Sirius, James, Peter, and Lily angrily stormed into the Hospital Wing.

"Y/N," Sirius fumed, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CHEATED ON MOONY! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D NEVER HURT HIM!"

James, Peter, and Lily were giving me dirty looks.

I sighed. "This is going to sound so cliche and fake but it wasn't what it looked like," I sighed, "I'd never hurt Remus on purpose, let me explain."

Lily rolled her eyes, "well then it better be a good explanation, get to it."

"I woke up and my vision was hazy. I could barely see anything. Then Lockhart started kissing me and I didn't know it was him, I thought it was Remus. Remus is a way better kisser than Lockhart by the way, but anyways, I started deepening the kiss and then I heard Remus yell and realized it was someone who wasn't Remus kissing me. I realized it was Lockhart once I heard the guy talk. I really wouldn't hurt Remus on purpose."

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

I looked at her for a while. Her eyes were glassy. She was evidently crying before we got here. She loves Remus, right? She wouldn't hurt him on purpose.

"I believe you, Y/n," I began, "unfortunately Remus doesn't and is beating himself up about it right now."

Upon hearing this she buried her face in her hands. I gave her an apologetic look. James, Lily, and Peter were silent.

"I love him, I don't care what it takes, I'll show him I appreciate him."

"It's not exactly appreciation," I sighed.

"Whatever it is, I'll fix it."

"Y/n, I really hope you succeed. I really like you two together."

"I do too, Sirius."

Madame Pomfrey came in shortly after and allowed Y/n to leave the Hospital Wing, we walked back to the Common Room with her.

_______

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

"Hey there mate."

I looked over at the person who said it, it was Sirius. "Oh, hey Padfoot."

"I talked to Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, she's in the Common Room by the way."

"Alright. What'd she say?"

"She said that it wasn't what it looked like and I believe her because her vis-"

"Cliche."

"Excuse me, what Moony?"

"I said 'cliche.' Bloody hell Padfoot you'd think that being a dog in your animagus form would give you better hearing," I half joked.

He scoffed, "she was telling the truth Moony, you're acting like her last year with that whole Yule Ball Werewolf thing."

"Shut up, that was different."

"No it wasn't, they were both overreactions to misunderstandings."

"No they weren't."

"Merlin, are we going to have you two getting pissed at each other because of a misunderstanding and lack of communication every bloody year?"

"Except this year it's not a misunderstanding."

="You know what? I'm done for today, I've officially lost my patience with you. Yes, you Remus. Maybe if you'd actually listen to me and Y/n instead of moping around feeling sorry for yourself and hating Lockhart and Y/n I wouldn't be pissed. But noooo, you both always have to make things complicated. I'm absolutely tired of it."

I sat on my bed as Sirius left.

"Padfoot I-"

"No."

Maybe she is telling the truth, but then again I don't really know since I didn't listen. I want to believe that she didn't cheat on me, but I can't. Besides with her knowing the truth about me, it's difficult for me to think she actually loves me. I looked at all the Firewhiskey bottles stored next to Sirius's bed. One bottle can't hurt, right?

_______

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I was explaining my situation with Remus to Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary since they weren't in the Hospital Wing when I heard crashes coming from the Boys' Dormitory. Sirius and James gave each other this look.

Peter looked confused until James said, "Remus, Firewhisky."

I looked worriedly at Lily, she shrugged. James and Sirius rushed upstairs, and came back a few minutes later helping a very drunk Remus walk.

"Y-youu." He pointed at me.

"Remus, why and how did you get drunk."

He began to sob. "I w-wasssss saaaaaaddddd."

"Why were you sad?"

"Because you don't looooove meeeee. Yoouuu cheateddd ooonnn meeee with Lockharrtttt. I thought youuuuu looovvveeedddd meeee."

"So you drank multiple bottles of Firewhiskey?"

He bolted out of the Common Room right after I asked that.

I grabbed my wand and was about to chase after him when James grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes. He handed me the Marauders Map and his Invisibility Cloak.

"You're going to need this." I took both items and couldn't help but smile. I pointed my wand at the map, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

He was going towards the Astronomy Tower. Oh no, last time we went to the Astronomy Tower he ended up in the Hospital Wing. I can't let him get hurt again. I ran as fast as I could. The desire to reach him in time fuelled me to go faster. I'm not letting him get hurt, not again. He may be drunk, really drunk, but I can still make things right so that he doesn't get hurt. If something happens to him, I'm definitely going to end up in Azkaban for killing Lockhart. Then I saw him, it was as if he expected me to be there.

He was still sobbing. "W-Why'd y-you-you f-follow-follow m-m-m-me here?! You-you d-d-don't c-care-care about me! You prefer L-L-Lock-Lockhart! Without you I'm-I'm nothing!"

His eyes were extremely red and puffy from crying.

"Remus no, please. I do care about you. I love you! The only reason I kissed Lockhart was because I couldn't see and I thought it was you. Lockhart isn't nearly as good a kisser as you by the way. And you're not nothing without me, to be honest I don't know why you'd love me of all people. Just come back to the Common Room with me, please."

"Y-you love me?"

"Yes Rem, I love YOU. Now come on, you're drunk."

He then grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, he pressed his lips against mine and I kissed back.

"I'm so gladdd you love meeeee. Let's shaggggggg."

"Remus no, you're drunk."

"So?"

"I'd be taking advantage."

"You're too clicheeeee."

"Come on let's go."

"Shag?"

"No, to the Common Room."

I practically carried a very drunk Remus back to the Common Room. Sirius stood up when he saw us arrive.

"James, Sirius, take him to his bed and restore his memory tomorrow morning. I explained it to him but he won't remember it tomorrow. Also give him this potion."

I handed them a potion for hangovers. They nodded and complied. Hopefully he'll understand tomorrow when he gets his memory of tonight's events back.

A/n: This story will be coming to an end soon. There will be a sequel though and possibly a prequel. The prequel would have years 1-5 and would basically be a Marauders fanfiction with an additional character, Y/n. The Sequel would take place after Y/n's Hogwarts years and would further go into Y/n and Remus's relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.4K 12
As it's sixth year, Remus knows he'll probably never get another chance. He has to tell Sirius he likes him! No, wait...Sirius is straight. Right? (M...
9.5K 141 18
You know him better than anyone. He's your best friend for almost 5 years now. However what happens when you realise you have feelings for him? Does...
723K 28K 154
#1 RemusLupin Tag (07.07.19) COMPLETED (21.03.23) Artemis Black struggles to understand and recognise true signs of love and acceptance, never exper...
60 0 6
Soulmate marks were a hit or miss within the magical world - some people had them, some didn't, but no two looked the same. Sirius and Remus don't ha...