Relationship With My Best Fri...

By KearaBoo

(Book #6 of the Best Friend Series) _____________________________ "Caleb," I gasp, not able to help the sound... More

Family Tree
Synopsis.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Coming Soon!

Chapter 1.

42.6K 895 318
By KearaBoo

The loud blaring of my alarm clock isn't what wakes me up from my seven hour slumber, no, it's the soft breathing from beside me. It's early, I'm not thinking correctly, and therefore I do what I do.

And that, my friends, is slam my fist backwards to hit the 'thing' in the face. I don't expect the loud cursing or fumbling around.

"Holy - fuck!" I gasp and turn to the culprit, only for my face to drop at the sight of my best friend. He's clutching his nose. "What the fuck is wrong with you Ensley?"

I huff out in annoyance and throw the blankets off of me. "You're the one who was in my bed unannounced."

"You act like that's never happened before," he snaps and I cross my arms over my chest with a glare fixated on him. "Don't look at me like that."

"Get out of my bed, Caleb," I order. And this kid has the nerve to smirk at me, raising his hand to comb his dark hair from his forehead. The bare arm flexes under the movement and I have to avert my eyes because of it.

This annoying piece of shit is Caleb Mathews. He's my best friend - not sure why - and has been since third grade when I shoved his face in the mud because he called me a girly girl. I was a bit of a Tom-boy back then, but I out grew that somewhat. I'm guessing I knocked a few brain cells from his head when I did that, though, because he wouldn't leave me alone after that. Lucky me.

Caleb is a good looking specimen, with large muscles, dark hair and an angular jaw he's easily the number one pick for girls. Don't go getting excited, though, at the age of seventeen Caleb has yet to have a girlfriend. Sleeping around is his forte and I don't think he'll be giving it up anytime soon. And I've given up on trying to change his ways.

"Why, babe?" He smirks, the sheets falling further down his bare chest. I resist the urge to ogle him, because let's face it, he's hot. But no amount of hotness can change the fact that he is a fuck boy.

Let's just say, a long while ago I had developed a crush on little Caleb. It was when I first started noticing boys - seventh grade - and I was smitten. Everything he did made me want him more and he never once noticed. Freshmen year came and homecoming was around the corner.

One thing you should know is that Caleb and I had a tight relationship, we trusted each other with everything in us. When we made promises to each other, they were kept no matter what had to be done.

This time was different, though. In the summer before going into high school, Caleb made up the agreement that if neither of us had a date a week before homecoming, then we would go together. Well, a week before homecoming came around and I was becoming excited for the simple fact that I knew Caleb was going to ask me. So I thought.

As you can probably guess, that didn't happen. He ended up asking some girl named Jessica, completely forgetting about the deal we had. I was crushed. Absolutely heartbroken at this and cried myself to sleep for five nights straight.

It doesn't even seem like a big deal now.

And on top of that, he ended up having sex with her that night and boasting about it to me the next day while I hadn't even had my first kiss yet. I wanted it to be with him. Crushed was an understatement.

"Because you're dirty and smell gross. I just changed my sheets the other day," I tell him, the morning too early for his theatrics.

"I'm dirty?" He asks, amusement glinting in his eyes.

"Yes," I raise an eyebrow at him, eyeing his movements as he gets out of my bed. I swallow as he stalks closer to me, I raise a hand to stop him. "What are you doing?"

"I don't appreciate your tone this morning, Ensley," he says and I recognize the tone of voice he uses. Unfortunately, I'm too late to realize and a scream falls past my lips as he lift me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Caleb!" I screech, almost banging my head against his back and knocking myself out. That probably would've been better.

"Say your sorry," he demands, amusement lacing the words.

"Fuck you!" With a chuckle he begins to spin me around and it's only when I start to feel like I may throw up do I cave in. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, please let me down."

With a slap to my ass, he finally drops me back on to my bed where I stare at the ceiling and try to calm my twirling mind.

"You good?" He asks, chuckling and rubbing my bare knees. I kick out my foot in an attempt to damage his family jewels, but like always, he stops me before I can. "Ah, ah, ah. Don't think you want to do that."

"I hate you," I huff and grab on to his outstretched hand. I bounce to my feet with a slight sway to which he steadies me and I take the opportunity to punch his muscular pectoral.

"Ow," he pouts and rubs the spot.

"Cry about it," I smirk and push him aside. "Go home, Cale, you need a shower."

"I'd rather take one with you," he winks. See, stuff like this is what makes it so hard to completely forget about my crush on him. The only thing that diminishes any feeling from his words is remembering that he probably says them to every girl. I am not special.

"I'm sure you would," I wink back and walk into the bathroom, turning to say one more thing before I close the door. "But it will never happen."

I hear him fake a groan and surpress a giggle because of it.

By the time I'm out of the shower, Caleb is gone so I can get ready in peace. I do my hair and make up and get dressed before making my bed. Checking myself in the mirror one last time, I walk downstairs just in time to hear Caleb honking from outside.

"Bye mom!" I yell to her, wherever she is and grab an apple before racing out of the house and to Caleb's Jeep Wrangler.

Rich bastard.

"Good morning, princess," Caleb greets me as I get into the back seat because our other friend is in the front seat.

"What's shaken' baby girl?" Hardin turns around with a smirk. I giggle and flick his forehead to which his face twists up at.

Hardin Iverson is my other best friend from third grade. I met him and Caleb around the same time because they were already friends, and we all just had so much in common that he friendship bloomed all together. Hardin is also a womanizer, preying on any girl he can and enjoying every minute of it. He's kind of the goofball in our group which is good because Caleb is too brooding all the time.

Although it is great to have these two boys as friends, it also hasn't worked out in my favor with other boys. I've only been kissed once in my entire life and it was in ninth grade with a guy named Kyrie Allen during a game of spin the bottle. It didn't last long, though because Caleb ended up breaking his nose.

And after that incident, Hardin and Caleb make sure I have little to no contact with any boys even if it kills them. The only time I am able to talk to any guys is when they're off with girls and not watching over me. Don't be too assured, though, they always have spies.

"You know, the usual; sucking dick and such." Caleb slams on the breaks, trying to kill us all because I don't have a seat belt on. I ram into the back of Hardin's seat, my head already hurting because of earlier. "Jesus Christ, Caleb."

"Don't joke about that shit," he growls at me and I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest like a child.

"You're so sensitive," I mumble and we start driving again. He's no fun, seriously.

"I am not," he denies, reminding me of a five year old.

"You kind of are," Hardin agrees with me and that's why I like him the best.

"Shut the fuck up, both of you," Caleb spits, clearly embarrassed. I laugh along with Hardin and we finally make it into the school parking lot.

I sigh, high school is the worst. Luckily, it is my last year so I won't have to deal with it for much longer, but even then it always manages to turn my mood sour. Four years at the hell hole is far too long.

"Austin's party is tonight," Hardin informs both Caleb and I when we're walking towards the entrance. I'm on the outside of the two which is strange because usually I'm in the middle, but I don't object.

"Thank fuck," Caleb runs a hand threw his hair, I can practically see the girls drool at the action. "I need to get laid."

Hardin nods in agreement.

"Ensley!" I stop in my tracks and see Jeremy Hale jogging towards me. Jeremy and I have a weird relationship, it's been on and off since sophomore year even though we don't do much but talk. Thanks to Caleb that is. "Hey, are you going to the party tonight?"

My heart beats faster at his question; excitement thrumming through me. "Yeah-"

"No," Caleb interferes and my face drops. "She's not."

Jeremy looks disappointed and Caleb grabs on to my arm to pull me along.

"Get off of me," I pull away and he rolls his eyes at me. "I find it funny that you're allowed to sleep around but I can't."

He scoffs at me as we finally make it to my locker. "You're a virgin, Ensley, I'll be damned if I allow you to give yourself to him."

I roll my eyes even though there's a slight blooming in my chest at his words. I know that he's only doing this as a friend, though and the reminder hurts every time.

"I'm almost eighteen, Caleb," I remind him to which he rolls his eyes, like he knows, but doesn't want to. "At some point I will have sex."

"Hopefully not for a while," he playfully instructs and I shake my head. "Look, I'm just trying to protect you. You know that, all I ever want is what's best for you."

"And you don't think Jeremy is what's best for me?" I don't think there's anything wrong with Jeremy, he's handsome, pretty nice, and only has a body count of like three. Not to mention all three girls were his girlfriend when he slept with them.

"No," he shakes his head and swings an arm over my shoulders. I don't know where Hardin went, so I'm left alone in this conversation. "There's a guy out there for you, Ensley, I promise. You just have to be patient."

"Right."

And I thought it would be you. But now it seems like it'll never happen.

____________________

Heyyy guyyyss!! I'm back and better than before :) I know this chapter is a little shorter than what you're used to, but I just wanted to get the first chapter out with all the boring stuff and then we can get into it next chapter ;) I'm super excited about this book and hopefully you guys are too so stay tuned <3

What do you think? Caleb and Ensley's relationship? Is he too overprotective? Do you like Hardin so far? What about Jeremy? What's going to happen next?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)

Twitter: KearaSanders
Snapchat: kearaboo01

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 142 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
7.1K 132 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
350K 8.6K 86
18-year-old Farrah gets thrown into a whole new life with her best friend Olly. Moving half way across the world comes with complications and trouble...
329K 9.9K 53
I was pinned to my bed. He left me no option but to stay in place. I tried to control my reactions, but couldn't help but sigh as Matt nipped my earl...