I Actually Married A Muslim!

By InkMonTima

************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something... More

WAIT A SEC!
1:Meetings, Greetings, & 1st Impressions
2: Dating Ahmeds VS Dating Johns
3: You Get Married
4: Faith, Fate, and Fear.
5: Not Usually This Accident Prone!
6: Jenny Meets Sarah
7: Culture VS Religion
9: Build it, Then take it Down
10: Curiosity killed the cat
11: Purely Awkward ELectrons
12: Praying to the Wrong God
13: The True One
14: Zones & Islamophobes
15: Google Is No Fun
16: This is it.
17: Only Sarah
18:Satisfaction brought it back
19: Lower Your Gaze
20: You're her BROTHER??
21: Unexpected Reply
22: "What if" Headache

8: Sarah Saleh Weak Version

2.8K 225 102
By InkMonTima

Chapter 8: Sarah Saleh Weak Version

Dedicated to Lillyanah  cuz her comments always make me super happy~!  ♡ thank you!

Often the opposite sex doesn't realize how reckless we can be.

Men are just too reckless. Too reckless for their own good.

That's probably why they often cheat on their lovers and act without considering the consequences.

As you can probably guess, I'm working my way to using the because-I-am-a-man-and-I-am-Reckless-so-it's-Expected excuse.

Why am I still pretending to be someone I wasn't and texting Sarah?

Why, because I am a man; I'm brash and reckless so it's expected!!

Did I even take a second to think of how Sarah would feel after finding out that it was me all along?

No, because even if she does, what would unsettle her feelings about it?

It was only texting for God's sake!

So, on that Saturday, I picked my phone and opened our text chain.

Without even thinking twice about it.

I texted a quick hello and sent it. The reply came a few seconds later.

Sarah : hello.

What is the biggest difference between Islam and Christianity? I sent the question as soon as I finished typing. Right now, I just wanted to know, and know, and know some more.

Sarah : I'd say it's probably that we worship only One God...and that Christians believe their God is one and three at the same time. Or maybe that Muslims believe that Jesus PBUH never died on the cross, that he immediately raised to heaven, while Christians believe he died and came back to life.

Not all of them. Not all Christians believe in the trinity... even though I myself knew I wasn't being too truthful, I couldn't push the need to argue away.

Sarah : That's true. Not all, but most.

I guess... One has no choice but to admit defeat sometimes, right?

Christians have Sunday, Jews have Saturday, you guys have Friday...what exactly do you do on Friday? I remember this old red neck  who told me that they cooked humans on Friday and danced around dead corpses or something like that.

Of course, I wasn't dumb enough to believe him.

But what did they really do on Friday?

I just wanted to know.

Sarah : well.. Muslims go to the mosque on Friday for Jumua prayer, Jumua is "Friday" in Arabic. You pray and have a sermon like mass, It's a bit long to explain, I think it'd be better if you actually visited a mosque and saw for yourself.

Upon reading her last text, I decided to play dumb and pretend I was oblivious about her in real life.

wow.. You speak Arabic? I sent.

Sarah: Yes. My parents are Lebanese Americans.

Well I really didn't know that.

Sarah: something came up. Gotta go.

What happened? Was it something bad?

I was about to find out soon enough.

*************

               Monday morning is probably the most beautiful morning of the week. People walk out of their houses with big smiles and a new born energy, ready to contribute to the world.

Please note the sarcasm.

There's a reason it's called "Monday" .

It starts with Mon so the only reason people left their houses on such a beautiful day was because they needed Mon-ey.

Alright. I know I'm lame. No need to point it out!

I drove to work quite early that day, heavy metal blasting through my stereo.

It's the only way possible to muster the the energy to face the day.

Upon reaching work, I dove straight into all the house plans and new interior designs I was working on.

No matter how much I hated Mondays, I wasn't one to procrastinate.

After almost getting through my workload, I headed to the conference room along with the rest of my team.

I took my seat across from Sarah and studied her subtly.

I took every single detail in. She was wearing a sky blue scarf today, along with a long light gray dress.

Her green eyes glistened noticeably and her mouth curved down just a little, giving her a sort of pouty, tired look.

Even her usually fair skin seemed to be feverish.

Was she alright?

Was this related to the "something came up" that she texted the other day?

Before I could even indulge myself more in such thoughts, the CEO cam in, looking all professional and ready for work.

Mark my words, I'll get my big promotion soon. Then I'll get to look all business and expensive suits and Cristiano Ronaldo's fashionable.

It'll probably happen tonight, around 12 AM, in my wildest dreams.

I took notes and tried to concentrate as the Big Boss went on and on about what designing styles were in right now and what not.

He was a very professional and smart man, but sometimes I couldn't help imagining that my seat was actually my bed during his long speeches.

"Got any ideas?" He asked us.

This was as good as me daydreaming back in high school and the teacher calling on me to answer some question that really proved to be of no value in my life.

"Sir, please." Sarah said, indicating that she had something she wanted to share.

"Go on Saleh, " he nodded at her.

"I think it'd be really cool if we twisted the design to make it look like a mix of the American and European style.  A twist on post modernism and renaissance, I think it'll get us sales and look beautiful at the same time."

That was a good idea.

"That sounds like a good idea, Saleh, you can go on and present some of our customers with it." He paused , "You can only proceed if they like it, draw up some models, and if you're sure that it'll turn out to something worth the trouble."

"Yes Sir." She answered, sinking back into her seat.

After the meeting ended, we headed back to our room.

As soon as Sarah sat down in her corner, her phone started ringing.

She reached for it slowly and stared at it reluctantly.

After the 7th ring , she finally answered.

It was obvious that she didn't want to take the call.

"I...okay..." She said , before hanging up.

As soon as she hung up, she set her phone back on her table and placed her elbows on the table, letting her head sink in her hands.

A sigh heaved out of her body and she seemed to be too tired to even cry.

I got up, grabbed a paper, and headed towards her.

The paper was only supposed to serve as an excuse to me going to her.

"Sarah would you please help wi-- what's wrong??" I asked, acting as if I've only noticed her state.

"Nothing really." She answered in a monotone hard voice.

"That's not what it looks like." I furrow my eyebrows, "You don't know how strange you've been acting since morning...how off and out of it you've looked..."

"Why do you even notice." She muttered bitterly.
It came out more like a statement than a question.

Where was the usually happy, patient,  strong, composed Sarah?

What happened?

"Don't think too highly of yourself Sarah...I only noticed because I'm more perceptive than other people. I notice everything and everyone and it never matters who or what." I say all too quickly.

She lifts her eyes towards me, I can see the surprise flickering through them.

"You've said it, remember? That you'll never be 'my Eve' .." I chuckled lightly, "So... What's wrong?" I ask , for the umpteenth time.

"My husband-to-be just died." She whispered .

She was trying to keep a composed, hard voice, but it broke on the very last syllable.

What can I say in a situation like this?

People usually say stuff like ' I'm sorry'
And 'my condolences ' and such.

But will that really help?

She'd lost her uncle, aunt, and cousins all at the same time.

Not to forget that one of those cousins and her were engaged.

"Sarah. You were the one who taught me that faith gives us strength to face fate..." I said slowly , "and you Muslims believe that if one of you die they go to heaven... I can say nothing to make you feel better. To God we belong and to Him we shall return... I'm sorry, my condolences, you know were to find me if you need me."

Then I started to walk away.

"Adam, wait. " She called.

I turned around quietly.

"Thank you. May God guide you to the truth."

I nodded and headed back towards my corner, muttering a low Amen under my breath.

Where was the truth really?

Perhaps it was closer than I thought it was.
_______________________

Minor Edits on 2/17/24

A/N hello beauties!

Okay, first of, i really want to think every single person who reads, votes, comments, and interacts with this book in any shape or form.

1.29K reads? Seriously? Thank you!

The reads made me so happy I just got a sudden inspiration to write...

So the update that was due on March 10...

Was written on March 6...

I'll try to publish this tomorrow, March 7.

Muslim Fact Of The Day (MFD) : Ramadan , the 9th month of the Islamic calendar , is a very special , spiritual month .

(Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset, after Ramadan, comes the Eid, which a festival that lasts for four days. Muslims usually visit family and friends, wear beautiful clothes and enjoy everything halal that can be found in a party~)

Thank you for reading♡♡

Tima E. ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Worth It By Safa

Teen Fiction

42.2K 1.8K 32
"I don't get it! Why do you keep doing this to me?!" His words were wrapped in molten lava, hands in his hair, eyes closed tight. My heart hammered a...
19.4K 634 38
Previously known as: I'll never forgive you Maryam Junaid, a pious, confident young Muslimah who lost her parents in a fire at the age of ten. As the...
7.7K 545 49
Eshaal a lovely spirited,religious, annoying, cocky but really nice muslim girl betrayed by her best friend, can't seem to trust anyone anymore and s...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...