Pure Misery (Pure Bliss Serie...

By mebby88

*Bliss, I have & always will love you, no matter what happens, forever. Out of all of this...misery we've bee... More

Preface
Chapter 1 ~ Back To Meadow Valley
Chapter 2 ~ Next Assignment
Chapter 3 ~ You Don't Remember?
Chapter 4 ~ Breaking News
Chapter 5 ~ Saving Bliss...Again
Chapter 6 ~ New Werewolf In Town
Chapter 7 ~ The Meadow Hotel
Chapter 8 ~ Just Go Melt Somewhere Else
Chapter 9 ~ Heartbreaker
Chapter 10 ~ The Best Brother With His Half Smile
Chapter 12 ~ Adam James
Chapter 13 ~ Wish I Was In France
Chapter 14 ~ Is This Real?
Chapter 15 ~ To Stalk A Stalker
Chapter 16 ~ It's Never Over
Chapter 17 ~ Deathly Dream
Chapter 18 ~ Familiar Threat
Chapter 19 ~ Saved By The Witch
Chapter 20 ~ Dean's Room
Chapter 21 ~ My Misery
Chapter 22 ~ It Was All A Lie
Chapter 23 ~ Say Goodbye
Epilogue

Chapter 11 ~ Three Blissful Words

620 9 3
By mebby88

 Pure Misery ~ Chapter 11 ~ Three Blissful Words

Recap: It was Friday night & I was happy Dylan was up to going out tonight. "Thanks Dylan. I'm really sorry for freaking out. Lo...bye," I hung up. I mentally slapped myself across the face. I couldn't believe it! I ended the phone call with, Lo...bye. I am so lame.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Anna's P.O.V.

I live life remembering. My world is the past. As I watch him, the memories torment me.

'It was a lie.' Those words haunt me. I felt so stupid. Asher even told me this would happen! I threw the necklace Matt gave me across my room & shrieked. The shriek echoed throughout my house. Tears pooled over. I sank to my knees & shut my eyes.

"Annie?" Asher's voice filled the room. He gasped. "Anna..." it was a faint whisper. "You're a mess." He walked over to me & sat on the ground next to me. "This is..." he let out a short breath, shaking his head. "Pathetic," he paused. "Anna, it's not that bad. It's not the end of the world. You broke up... you're not dieing."

"Bliss Collins," I said the name in disgust, gritting my teeth. "She thinks she's better than everyone! She always gets her way!" I had never been so furious. Gritting my teeth, I wiped away tears. I'm sure I had a crazed look, but I didn't have a care in the world. "He....cheated on me. With Bliss Collins. He embarrassed me in front of the entire school!"

"Again, it's not so bad. Just forget about it. Matt Daze is the biggest jerk at Meadow Lane. Maybe the biggest jerk in Meadow Valley," he tried to convince me.

"Quit saying it's not that bad, Asher! I want Matt Daze to be hurt the way I am right now!" I shouted, quivering with anger.

"Calm down! It's not worth it, he's not worth it. Forget about it, Annie," he said.

"Asher, get out of my house, right now!"

"What?" You could clearly hear his disbelief. I looked up, he was gaping at me.

"You heard me." Asher got up slowly & walked out the door.

...

'It was a lie.' I held the scissors in my left hand. Most of my long hair in my right hand. I cut a lock of my hair. It fell to the bathroom floor. The red in my hair almost looking like blood from the color. I kept chopping off my hair, until it was no longer down to my waist. It was down to my chin. Staring at the red mess of hair on the floor, I smirked. The reason I was cutting my hair was to make a change. I was trying to forget about Matt. Forget about today... I still couldn't believe he did that in front of our entire class.

It was a total rush cutting most of my hair off. I wanted more of a change though. I stared at my hair & suddenly got an idea. Grabbing my sister's black hair-dye, I grinned. This would just have to be a big enough change...for now at least.

Bliss's P.O.V.

"What are you doing?" The mascara brush jabbed my eye as I jumped at the sudden noise. "Bliss, be careful!" Mom said, walking over to me. I had been touching up my makeup before Dylan picked me up tonight. As far as I knew, mom had already left for work. I let out a long breath. At least I was smart enough to leave my bathrobe on, over my short frilly dress.

"Thanks mom! Because I would have poked my eye out on purpose if you hadn't said, be careful," I said sarcastically, putting away the makeup.

She ignored my comment & said, "It's past 12am & your putting on makeup? What, are you planning on going out tonight? You're still grounded, you know."

"I know," I muttered slowly, trying to buy time so I could think of what to say. My mom raised her eyebrows, waiting for me to say more.

"& the makeup is for?"

"For...." I paused. It was moments like these, I wished I had a Twix candy bar. If this were a Twix commercial, someone would randomly say, 'Need a moment?' I would take a bite of the candy bar & think of a clever reason why I'm putting on makeup in the middle of the night if I'm grounded. Then I would say a perfectly good reason why & everything would be great! Be sadly, I don't have a Twix bar. "Just so I'll have extra time in the morning," I coughed & hoped she would just leave.

"Extra time for what?" she questioned.

"Studying?" I said it as a question. "Studying with Dylan. I was going to ask you tomorrow if I could...." Hopefully that was believable...

Mom looked at me like she was going to laugh. "I swear, you are so weird sometimes," she smiled, making me smile because now I know she believes me! "Even if you're studying, I don't want you to see Dylan. You're grounded Bliss, so for at least a couple more days that means no fun of any sort," she said seriously.

"& studying is fun in your opinion?"

"No," she laughed. "You can study if you want, Bliss. But no Dylan," she dropped it, still laughing. "Besides, it's bad for you to leave makeup on overnight," she said, sounding motherly. "Go to sleep soon. Even if it is a weekend for you. I'm going to go to work, goodnight." & with that said, she left my room.

I sighed & ran to the window. I waited until I saw her car leave the street before I took off my robe, revealing a light blue, short frilly dress. The dress & shoes matched my eyes.

"These words are my own, from my heart flow. I love you," my cell phone sang, 'These Words By Natasha Bedingfield.'

"Dylan, hey! I said with delight, practically hopping up & down.

"Hey Bliss. So... I actually can't make it tonight," he sighed. My heart sank. I sat down on my bed & frowned.

"Oh," was all I could say.

"Yeah...I couldn't find anyone to watch Vikki, last minute. I feel so terrible though," he sighed. "I'm really sorry Bliss."

"It's absolutely fine. You can't help it," I said lamely, kicking off my shoes.

"It really sucks though. You look amazing in that light blue dress too... We'll just have to go out some other time," he said.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Yeah, I- What? How did-" I looked at my dress in the mirror to confirm it was in fact blue. How did he know it was blue though?

"Hmm," he sang. Slowly, I turned around to my window & laughed. Dylan looking at me with daring eyes, a smirk on his face. I shut the phone & ran to open the window. "You hung up on me," he said before I crashed my lips to his.

...

"So, where are we going?" Dylan asked me. We were both in his car, with him driving.

"You pick. Anywhere, I don't care. Surprise me," I smiled. He thought for a minute, then smiled. "Are you going to tell me where?" I asked.

"Now Bliss, then it wouldn't be a surprise," he teased.

"Why did I say that? I hate surprises," I muttered, mostly to myself.

Dylan chuckled in a low voice. "Me too."

"At least tell me if it's a long drive!" I pleaded.

"About an hour & a half."

"You're kidding."

...

"How much longer?" I guessed it's been about an hour.

Dylan laughed. "You're not very patient. Don't worry, we're almost there," he assured.

About ten minutes later, my eyes flickered to him. He seemed deep in thought with his eyebrows creased together. "What are you thinking about?" I wondered out loud. He looked at me, a hint of a smirk playing at his lips.

"I was just wondering if earlier, our phone call had gone on longer- you know, never mind," he said, trying to drop it altogether.

"What, no! You can't just say, never mind! What were you going to say?" I demanded.

"I was wondering if you were going to end the call by saying Lo-Bye, like you have been lately."

I froze completely. What was I going to say to that? I had to say something, right? "Yeah, um..." I paused & looked at him. "You see, I wanted... I need to tell you something important, Dylan." I'm sure I sounded as nervous as I felt. "Ever since I met you, I've really liked you. You haven't left my side & you told me your biggest secret. You would have had to trust me quite a bit," I paused while Dylan smirked. "& that must mean you like me too."

Dylan laughed quietly. "You could say that," he smiled.

I bit my lip. "Dylan, I...I..." I tried to say it. Just two more simple words that mean everything.

Dylan stopped the car, pulling over on the side of the road & stared at me. His jaw was set. I could only look at his dark eyes. It was like I was hypnotized. "You could also say that I love you." His gaze was locked on mine. "Bliss, I have & always will love you, no matter what happens, forever. Out of all of this...misery we've been going through, you're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. There aren't words to describe how much you mean to me," he whispered, not taking his eyes off of mine. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. "Bliss Collins, I love you," he said so simply, with so much meaning, I thought I might start crying.

"Me too," I whispered breathlessly. We both laughed at how stupid that sounded. "I love you too, Dylan." I had never been so sure in my life. He grabbed my hand. I looked at our hands intertwined & knew I would never forget this moment. Gently, he kissed my forehead & started the car. "Forever," I added as we drove off.

A little after, the car stopped in a driveway. We were in another small town, I didn't catch the name of. Having no idea why we were parked in front of this house, I looked at Dylan in wonder. "This is one of my old houses," he answered my unspoken question. He pulled out a key from his pocket.

"Do you still own it?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm pretty sure my parents still own it. Plus, there are no cars parked in the driveway besides ours. No one's in the house," he said. My mouth formed an, 'O.'

Once in the house, I noticed Dylan held my hand again. I smiled. The house was completely dark. I almost tripped before Dylan turned on the front hall light. He laughed, shaking his head at me. "You really need to work on your balance." I nodded in agreement. The living room light switched on, right before my hand touched the light switch. I frowned, not knowing why the light just magically turned on if I didn't flip the switch.

"Dylan Heart?" a deep voice said, making me jump.

Dylan's mouth fell open. "Adam James?" Finally I saw the guy standing next to another light switch. My mouth fell open too, but probably for a different reason than Dylan's.

Standing in only pajama bottoms & carrying a baseball bat, was one of the most breathtaking guys I've ever seen. You could tell he'd just jumped out of bed, but his blonde hair looked like it was out of a movie. He had dark green eyes that I swear could see into my soul. Only one word came to mind. Gorgeous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! PLEASE COMMENT & tell me what you think of this chapter! I cried writing this chapter...don't know why though, lol.

..........Comment........Vote...........if you love it ;)

~Mebby88

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 2.8K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
25.3K 485 35
"Nothing's wrong with me, I just haven't had a thousand years to get angry at the world, I'm upset she hurt me, yes, but I don't want her to suffer b...
95.8K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...
154 3 1
When you grow up thinking you're human, suddenly turning into a wolf during the full moon just after your seventeenth birthday can be quite traumatiz...