Hideaway [h.s]

By happydays1d

BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain t... More

Authors Note
Recap
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
190
191
192
193
194
195
196
197
198
199
200
201
202
203
204
Epilogue
Devotion

147

237K 5.9K 25.2K
By happydays1d

Amelia Adams

I feel like I just walked into a heated discussion because everyone is standing with their palms on the table, all of the heads snapped to me when I walked in the door.

I stand awkward for a moment with my poor injured bird, blinking a few times and waiting for someone to say something.

"Should I come back or.." I trail off, thinking I'm hardcore intruding.

"No, no." Harry shakes his head, "can you actually come here for a moment?" He murmurs, making me a bit worried from his concerned tone.

Even though I don't feel right about this, I put the bird down from the drawer and walk over to where the guys stand around the table, each of them just as quiet as the next.

"Okay.." I murmur. "What's up?" I break the silence, feeling like I'm a kid that's in trouble for something.

Harry scratches the back of his neck, seeming like he's avoiding telling me something.

"Erm.. so basically, we've kinda come to realize something." Harry murmurs in his raspy voice as I await for him to further explain. "Your barcode.. may get us into more trouble then I thought." He explains quietly, the other two silent men nodding.

"What do you mean?" I ask, still feeling awkward.

"Well I never told you this, but that barcode has a tracker in it- a tracker I installed to see where you were when I left the apartment everyday." His voice quiet, the rings on his fingers being twisted.

"What? You had a GPS on me? Why have you never told me?" I cross my arms, not really understanding this situation.

"Well I forgot, but now I remember. Bottom line, if Salvation manage to hack the computer system and get the tracking analytics like I have on you, we are screwed." Harry places his flat palms on the table.

That explains the time with Zayn when Harry manage to catch me in that elevator by magically knowing exactly where I was.

"Okay, so what do we do? Can we deactivate the gps somehow?" I ask.

"N-no, we can't. It's all stored on the computer in the tattoo shop. I don't even know who or what is underground right now, Salvation has probably taken it over as their own for all I know." Harry says to the guys, hoping to see someone else come up with something.

"Then how do we get the tracker portion off? Is it in the ink?" I ask, making them all nod.

The room falls silent, representing the dry amount of ideas we have to prohibit anyone finding my gps track.

"It's in the ink Amelia, the ink that's imbedded into your skin." Niall states.

"I don't know what we can do to get it off of you." Harry adds, looking stressed as he twists the silver rings on his fingers.

"I do." Louis cuts in, making everyone turn to look at him. His weight stays leaned forward on his hands that were pressed to the table, his eyes flickering between all of us before speaking. "We can burn it off." He murmurs, making my heart sink.

"No!" Harry objects before I can even speak.

"Harry what else are we going to do? We are loosing time." Louis says back.

"It's been three months, if they haven't found out yet then I'm sure they never will. You're not burning off her tattoo." He protests in a very serious manner.

"We can't take that chance, they could find out tomorrow for all we know! Maybe they already know and have us surrounded." Niall sides with Louis.

The dryness in my throat is basically choking me as I watch them all argue about the small form of ink on my skin. I can't believe theirs a GPS in my wrist. I always hated the idea of this tattoo from the beginning, and now it's caused more trouble then ever.

"You're not burning her! Do you understand how much that's going to-"

"I'll do it." I cut Harry off in courage, feeling my limbs go numb as they all look at me in shock.

"W-what?" Harry forces out in worry.

"If that's what it takes to ruin the tracking system, then I'll do it." I bite the inside of my cheek, ignoring the sickly feeling deep in my stomach from nervousness.

"Babe no we will find another way, I'm not letting this happen." Harry objects again.

"Mate the only other way is to get down to that computer, and you said it already, that place is probably Salvation property for all we know." Niall says in disbelief.

"I don't care, I'll figure out a way to get down there and get to the computer." He says, making me widen my eyes.

"No you wont! Do you think I'm going to risk you dying over this? I'm not loosing you to that hell hole again. You'll get in that elevator and stop at the main lobby to see that place is swarmed of men that all want to hurt you!" I deny the idea straight away. I will never be okay with Harry going back down their when he can easily be captured and killed.

"I'll make a plan!" He argues back.

"No! Harry just let me do this, please. Louis how is it all going to work?" I turn my head to Louis, my veins pumping with adrenaline.

"Well I'll probably take the side of a large knife and heat it up on the stove burner, then I'd need to press it to your skin." He says dauntingly, making me feel even more uneasy.

"Not fucking happening." Harry instantly rejects.

"Yes, it is happening if you agree or not. Maybe this would've all been fine if you didn't force me to put this stupid thing on in the first place, then I wouldn't have to do this." I say more coldly then meant to be, and I can see by his soften expressions that it hit him hard. But then again, he should feel bad. He was the one that made me get this, and now I'll have to take matters in my own hands to get it off.

"So are we doing this then?" Louis asks, the room fallen silent.

I keep my quiet eyes to Harry's, both of us silent as he looks like he feels so awful about this. But I can't help but be pissed.

"Yeah." I clear my throat. "I went through the pain of getting it on, I'll go through the pain of getting it off." My voice turns down to a whisper.

"Okay, well let's get it over with and do it in the living room." Louis gets up and goes to turn on the flame of the stove, then going to fish for a knife. "Amelia you're gonna lay down on the ground, I'll do the burning, Niall you hold her arm and Harry you keep her preoccupied." Louis dictates.

I slowly nod, heading to the living room with nerves pumping through me. I have to be strong or else Salvation could find us and things will be a lot worse.

I feel Harry grab my hand, turning me around to face his worried expression.

"I don't want you to do this." He states.

"Believe me, I don't either. But I need to, I'm not letting you go on a suicide mission to somehow deactivate it. I'll be fine." I mumble.

"But it's going to hurt." He shakes his head.

"Well guess what.. dumping boiling water on my hand hurt. Getting strangled against a wall hurt, getting this stupid barcode hurt. I'll get over it like I got over all of those things. So if you're trying to scare me out of it then it won't work." I let go of his hand and turn back around to enter the living room.

Was that a little cold? Yes. But I can't help but be a bit angry at him right now.

I move the coffee table so theirs a a large space in the living room, my heart racing immensely but I try to hide it for Harry's sake. He really doesn't want me to do this but I'm going to just swallow my nerves and get over it.

"Amelia please just let me figure out something else." I hear the deep accent from behind me.

I turn around to see him standing there with gloom on his face, his eyes portray worry and his pink lips are sealed shut. Black jeans and his black t-shirt hug his body. His chest was puffed a bit, meaning he was anxious.

"Their isn't anything else to figure out. I'm fine with doing this if it means we don't get caught. So please come here and hold my other hand because I'll need it." I walk up to him and grasp his hand with mine.

He lets out a small troubled sigh, his eyes holding a carnival of emotions.

"But I-"

I press my lips against his, keeping them frozen together while holding his cheeks. He inhales through his nose into the kiss as I prohibit him to argue with me about this any more. Our lips separate, my hand still on his soft cheeks as he looks down at me with guilt clouding his eyes.

"Please just support me." I whispers, brushing his cheek with my thumb.

"O-okay." He says shortly.

I nod up to him as Niall and Louis walk in.

"Okay the knifes ready, let's make this quick." Louis says, making my stomach turn.

I turn from Harry and walk over to the carpeted area, slowly sitting down. Niall hands me a small cloth with a reassuring smile. I take it from his hand and look up at him in confusion.

"To bite down on." He explains.

Oh.

I slowly nod and lay back onto the ground, putting the white cloth between my teeth. I see Louis walking in with the large knife that was burning orange on the side of the metal, my hands starting to shake knowing that'll be against my skin.

Everyone gets in position, my arm strides out and I look up at the ceiling. Niall holds my wrist to the ground, Harry lays down on his stomach on the other side of my body from where all the madness is gonna take place. His eyes hold a blister of sadness and guilt. His palm rests on my forehead while he brushes my hair back that fans across the ground beneath me.

"You're gonna be fine, I promise baby." He whispers with a shaky voice, him looking just as nervous as me.

"I'll try to be as quick as possible Amelia." Louis says, but I refuse to take my eyes away from Harry. I don't want to even look at the side of my body where Louis and Niall are. I study Harry's eyes like I'll be tested on them, they were green, so green, and around the large black pupils was a tiny bit of hazel. They had so many layers to them.

When I suddenly felt the overwhelmingly hot knife get pressed into my wrist, the breath leaving my body. I screamed into the cloth between my teeth and my whole body tensed in alarm. I threw my head back so my back arched off the ground.

"I'm so sorry." Harry whispers with his eyes melting in guilt.

Niall holds my wrist firmly down as Louis continues to press the piping hop metal of the knife into my wrist. Tears immediately trickle my eyes to the point where their flooding down the side of my face. I keep a death bite down on my towel, screaming out like crazy because the pain is too overwhelming.

Harry keeps brushing the hair back to relax me, looking so full of regret and sorrow. His teeth were clenched as he watched me go through this excruciating amount of pain.

"Shit Louis hurry the fuck up!" Harry shouts while watching the tears gush out my eyes.

"Hang in there Amelia." Niall says but I can barely hear him from the ringing in my ears.

I slam my feet against the ground in repetitively in reflex, crying into the towel between my teeth.

"Harry keep her still." Louis demands. Harry overlapped his leg over mine so I'd stop moving it. His one hand starting to rub my thigh while he kept his undivided attention on my face.

I couldn't explain the pain, it was absolutely awful. My body was tensed so hard that I felt a pain in my stomach and my limbs starting to go weak. My heart was beating so fast that I felt my breath thin out, my body slowly shutting down from the pain.

"Baby you need to stay with me." Harry says as my eyes start to feel heavy, my vision getting blurry and my hearing starts to fade. Harry looks at me with more concern flooding his eyes, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Amelia!" He says louder as I feel my eyes shut for loss of control.

"Louis stop she's passing out!" His voice becomes an echo.

"I'm almost done!" I hear Louis shout before everything fades out to black.

//

fun fact, I worked at a coffee shop and accidentally dumped a whole pot of boiling water on my hand!!! It was sooooo painful but that's where that scene came from in book one (where Amelia accidentally dumped boiling water on her hand while making noodles). I guess sometimes we right from experience!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 41 12
IF U FIND THIS DO NOT READ IT I AM REPUBLISHING IT FOR ONE NIGHT SO MY FRIENDS CAN READ IT AND MAKE FUN OF ME
328K 7.4K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
26.1K 761 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
54.4K 1.6K 60
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. in·iq·ui·ty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...