The Beta's Unwanted Mate | ✔️...

By Love_Yourself_10_x

#1 werewolf #1 teenfiction "That night meant nothing to me Olivia." "You were just like another girl to me."... More

00 | prologue
01 | cheap thrills
02 | radioactive
03 | shape of you
04 | black widow
05 | final masquerade
06 | lonely town
07 | complicated
08 | because of you
09 | red
10 | boulevard of broken dreams
11 | animals
12 | starving
13 | history
14 | wildest dreams
15 | rolling in the deep
16 | bad romance
17 | up
18 | the sound
19 | they don't really care about us
20 | capsize
21 | papercut
22 | clarity
23 | begin again
24 | beautiful now
25 | havana
26 | medicine
27 | voodoo doll
28 | wild heart
29 | die young
30 | bodak yellow
31 | to the sky
32 | firestone
33 | shine
35 | jealous
36 | elastic heart
37 | gorgeous
38 | close
39 | counting stars
40 | all fall down
41 | don't
42 | runaway
43 | sirens
44 | tenerife sea
45 | in the arms of a stranger
46 | wolves
47 | stitches
48 | wide awake
49 | payphone
50 | heathens
51 | titanium
52 | into the ocean
53 | royals
54 | the nights
55 | send my love (1)
56 | send my love (2)
57 | roar
58 | same old love
59 | not afraid
60 | numb
61 | infinity
62 | wake me up
63 | out of my system
64 | hate me
65 | new romantics
66 | believer
67 | bad liar
68 | back to december
69 | mad world
70 | till i collapse
71 | backstabber
72 | ready for it
73 | immortals
74 | lose yourself
75 | love runs out
76 | secrets
77 | let her go
78 | epilogue
one shot competition
2.00 | prologue II
2.01 | faded
2.02 | try
winners - one shot competition
2.03 | company
2.04 | galaxies
ANNOUNCEMENT (IMPORTANT. READ THIS.)
SEQUEL IS UP!
how you can read the final ending story of olivia and chance

34 | count on me

251K 9.5K 4.3K
By Love_Yourself_10_x

"If you tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song
Beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will
Remind you."

34 | count on me

- Olivia -

Sunlight streamed in through my unclosed window and fell on my face, disturbing my peaceful slumber.

"Mhmmm," I grumbled, turning to the side, to stop the light from falling from my face. I had expected to feel the cool, fluffy surface of my pillow, but what my face touched was warm and firm.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I buried my face in the warm surface and the grip on my waist tightened.

Wait, grip on my waist?

My eyes shot open as I realized that I wasn't the only one on my bed anymore and a scream left my throat.

Instinctively, my hands moved forward to push the person away from me. The sunlight was too bright for my morning eyes to see the person clearly.

The stranger fell on the floor with an "oof" and started producing colourful swear words.

"What the hell, Livy?" He said.

Livy? My eyes widened as I realized it was no one but Ryder. Blinking furiously, my eyes adjusted to the light and I saw Ryder sitting on the floor with a crumpled shirt and  frown on his face. He kept rubbing his head and glaring at me.

"Ryder?" I asked, exasperated. "What were you doing?"

"I don't know? What people do at night?" He said, sarcastically. "I was sleeping, duh! I was sleeping till I was rudely shoved off the bed."

"Hey!" I said defensively, raising my hand in surrender. "I didn't realize it was you. I didn't know someone was in bed with me and I panicked. You can blame me if you develop a stealthy habit of sneaking in people's beds at night."

He sighed and rubbed his face with his face, to get rid of the remnants of the sleep.

"It's okay," he muttered.

"What?"

"I said, it's okay. I forgive you."

"When did I say sorry?" I grinned mischievously making Ryder glare at me once again.

"Little bitch," he murmured.

"I might be a bitch but I am not your bitch," I proudly slapped some cheesy line I read on the internet on his face and he laughed despite himself.

<><><>

"So? May I ask what you were thinking when you decided to sneak into my bed last night?" I asked Ryder as we sat on the dining table, chewing on our Fruit Loops.

"You are my best friend. It's not called sneaking. It's called therapy." He replied and I tried not to let my heart melt.

I gave him an impressed look and he chuckled but I could tell he wasn't really happy. The gave off sad vibes and his forehead was creased in worry.

His eyes didn't shine the slightest bit and his mouth was set in a frown when he wasn't 'pretending to be happy'.

"Ray," I said softly, placing my hand over his. "Tell me. What happened?"

He looked at me and his eyes turned watery as I watched his entire face fall like a house of cards.

His shoulder slumped and he gripped the table so hard that I worried it will break off from the edge.

"S-she, I...Livy...she," he started stuttering which is something he does when he's very stressed and emotional.

"Ray, calm down." I whispered, rubbing comforting circles in his back as he relaxed slowly.

He shot me a thankful look and I smiled reassuringly.

He remained silent for a while and I didn't say anything because I knew he needed time. He needed time to collect his thoughts and present them. He needed time to get ready.

"She rejected me." He concluded in a rushed sentence and I blinked as soon as the information sank in.

My hand flew to my mouth and I felt my body freeze over in shock.

Oh my god!

Ryder didn't sit there for long as he dashed towards the top floor to his room and slammed the door behind him.

I know why he left. He didn't want anyone to see him.

Because he was about to cry.

<><><>

I kept my head in my hands as my body shook in silent tears. Yes, I was crying. I was crying for my best friend. Because he was hurting. And he didn't deserve this.

I know Ryder and I know how much he had always wanted a mate. That was another reason why I tried to get rid of my young silly crush on him.

He is a virgin. He saved himself for his mate. Since elementary school, when his parents told him about mates, he had dreamt of meeting her. I remember how he used to brag as a kid that his mate would be the best, most beautiful girl in the world.

Since when he was in 9th grade, he visited the city church, every Sunday to pray for the well being of his mate and prayed to find her soon.

That was till he had to go to Alaska, but I am sure he never stopped caring for her.

We were all so sure that Ryder will have the best mate ever.

But we were wrong. We were all so wrong.

Whoever she is, must be such a fucking idiot.

I will kill her if I see her.

<><><>

"Ryder..." I whispered as I opened the door of his room. After wiping off my tears and washing my face with water, I decided to visit him. He needed me rightnow.

No reply came. But I saw his silhouette lurking in the every corner of his room, right by the window.

I walked upto him. He didn't even notice me as I stood by him. He was probably too lost in his thoughts.

His eyes were red and swollen and his lips were turned into a frown as he looked out of the window.

I, too, looked out of the window at the woods, just offering him my presence.

I was disgusted in myself. I was so pathetic. Because he was hurting and all I could offer him was my presence.

We stood in silence for a while. So much so, that I was surprised when he suddenly said.

"Am I that bad, Livy?" He whispered, making me turn at him.

"Am I so bad that I deserved to get rejected right in spot? Did I not deserve a shot?" His voice sounded so broken, so pained that I ached my heart to see him like that.

I wanted to just throw my hands around him and cry with him and tell him that deserves everything good in this world.

But I couldn't do that.

"No." I told him defiantly. "You are not bad, Ryder. If anything, you are too good. You are too good for someone who couldn't understand your worth. You are too good because you are crying over someone who never deserved you. And you are too good to blame yourself over this."

I squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"Don't blame yourself, Ray."

"She said I wasn't good enough," he whispered. "She said that she wanted a powerful. Someone who could protect her and give her power. She wasn't happy with just a gamma. She wanted an alpha or a beta mate. And I wasn't that. So..so she...s-she..."

He still couldn't say that she rejected him without stuttering and this time I couldn't stop myself from throwing my arms around him and hugging him like my life depended on it.

"Shhh..." I whispered as his body shook in tears. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck as he cried in pain. I felt the wetness of his tears on my shoulder and I am sure he too felt it as my tears soaked his T-shirt.

I rubbed his back reassuringly as his sobs died down and now we were just holding each other, making sure of each other's presence.

"Ryde—" I said but he cut me off.

"She was perfect, Livy." He started. "You know how I met her? Yesterday, at night I wanted to grab my coffee from nearby cafeteria when I bumped into the most beautiful lady on earth. She mumbled a sorry and I swear to God, it was the softest voice I've ever heard. She helped me pick my stuff up when my hand touched hers and I felt the sparks I have dreamt of feeling for last ten years. In that moment, I knew I found my forever. I found her. I couldn't stop myself, Livy, I... I pulled his in my arms and held her like my life depended on it. She was so happy too. When we hugged, I felt things I had never felt before and I don't think I ever will. We talked. We talked for so long and she told me that she had runaway from her pack to become a lone wolf. I offered her to show my pack. That's when she asked me what rank I was and then everything... e-everything went down..."

His body had gone rigid till he completed his story and my eyes were Niagara falls again as I sobbed uncontrollably.

All I could think was he didn't deserve it.

"I needed more time," he said. "I needed more time with her so that even if she rejected me, I'd know I can at least live with her memories. But I don't have them, Livy. I hardly have any memories. I didn't even deserve them."

"Shut up, Ryder!" I said in a scolding tone. "Don't you dare think like that. You deserve anything. And I told you this before and I am telling you this now. You deserve the best. And you will get it."

"But that's the point Livy," he whispered. "I don't want the best. I...I just want her."

"And I don't care if she's perfect or not. Because she's mine and I'm hers and it in itself is so perfect..."

I eyes shut close in agony and I placed my head on his shoulder as he spoke his heart out.

He needed to talk rightnow. And I would gladly lend an ear.

<><><>

After tucking Ryder securely in bed, I left his room. He had cried himself to sleep. I started walking towards my room as all the stress has made me tired and now I just wanted to rest. Though I doubted I'd be able to sleep.

I closed the door of the room behind me. Turning around, I expected to be greeted by my empty room but imagine my shock when I saw a familiar figure standing on my bed side with a frown on his face.

"Where were you?" He asked. And I gulped.

Why can't drama leave me?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ❤️ YOUR VOTES MAKE ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY 💝

---1700 Words---

***ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY TO GET A NOTIFICATION EVERYTIME I UPDATE***

*Hands over tissue papers and chocolates*

Poor Ryder 😭😭😭

Did you guys expect this to happen? Were you shocked?

1. How many times does Ryder's ex-mate deserve to die?

2. Do you want a friendship as strong as Ryder and Olivia?

3. What do you offer your friend as a comfort when they're upset?

4. Rant here about anything negative/sad in your life because no one you know will read it or judge you. Sometimes it's better to went it out.

I don't thing I need to say this but...brace yourself for some drama in the next chapter~

I love you ❤️

-Love_Yourself_10_x ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 74K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...
80.4K 2.1K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
28K 951 33
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
95.3K 1.7K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...