BTS - BLACKPINK One-Shots [CL...

By Yoonworks

A compilation of both Blackpink stories with any ship and BTS stories with any ship. This is not a Blacktan... More

Share or Request
One-Shot In-house Writers
Rejecting You - Liskook
My One and Only Girl - JiRose
Pins and Needles - Kim Taehyung
Secret - Jin and Joy of RV
Finding You - Jennie and Yoongi
I hate to love him - Yoonnie
Home - Chanrose (Noor7621)
혼례 (wedding) - Kim Namjoon
The One - ChanRose
It's You - Liskook
Perfect Life - Lizkook
Yours - TaeLice
Let's play tag a.k.a Unrequited Chasing - YoonRose
It's You (Lizkook) - Part 2
Last Breath - YoonRose
Lost and Found - JiRose
Hot's for you - TaeRose
A Hateful Love - Taennie
Long Flight - TaeRose (M)
Of Endings and Beginnings - TaeNnie
Untold Story - Hobi and Momo
Forbidden Love JiRosé
Hold On - Taennie
Keepsake - JinSoo
All of me - YoonRose
Just One More Night - TaeRosé
Regrets - JiRose
Seeing is believing - JinSoo
how NOT to be a good girlfriend - YoonNie
Perfect Strangers - RoseKook
leave me and don't come back pt 1- HopeRose
leave me and don't come back pt. 2 - HopeRose
The Barista - TaeRose
Hustle - RoseKook
Flowers for you - LisKook
The Barista Part II - TaeRose
Stupid Secret - JenKook
is this the part? - JiRose
Pleasure Assistant - TaeRose
Pandora's Secret - LisKook Part 1
Pandora's Secret - LisKook Part 2
Illusion - YoonNie (Epilogue)
Enemies - NamJen
Have a Good Day - JiRose
White Roses - Bp Rosé × Exo Sehun
Drunk Call - NamJen
The Most Beautiful Moment In Life - JinSoo
Today - JiRosé
The Vague Arranged Blind Date - rosekook
Miles Away From Loving You - TaeNnie
Consequence - LisKook
Never Again - JinSoo
Consequence Part Two: Permission - LisKook
Yoon's Appreciation
Consequence: The Final Part - LisKook
Complicated Choices - TaeNnie
Make Love - TaeRosé
My Model - RoseKook
Daddy's princess - ChanRose
Gummy Boy Next Door - YoonRose
Meaningful Kiss - TaeRose
Just a little bit of your heart - YoonRosé
Break Free - RoseKook
Sleepy - NamJen
March 28th, 2018 - JiRose
MY ANGEL | Suho and Jisoo
You Never Walk Alone - LisKook
Body - TaeRose
Fake Love - Min Yoongi
March 28th, 2018 - Clarity - JiRose
My Last Goodbye - JiRose
I'm Back - TaeRose
Perfectly Imperfect - JiRose
March 28th, 2018 - Closure - JiRose
My Star - YoonLice
Those tears - JiRosé
Toy - Rosékook
Mine - JinSoo
The Undelivered Truth - NamJen
Without You - Jinsoo
Ending Scene - Mingyu and Rosé
Window Shopping -LisKook
First Love - YoonNie
Next Time - YoonLice
Red - Rosekook
The Truth Untold - TaeLice
HOMEWRECKER - JiRose
Remember - JinSoo
Our stars / Jisoo x Taehyung
The Last Luna

A BlackPink Birthday

6.5K 114 26
By Yoonworks

Hi guys, this next one shot was shared by one of my good friends Dreamofshadows :)

I hope you enjoy it and make sure to give her a swing like sending her comments or a follow on her profile. :)

An Author's note was posted at the bottom. Make sure to read it :)

-----------------------------------------------

Jennie's POV

"So let me get this straight," I said slowly, as the two kids before me fidgeted," I'm supposed to believe that Kuma and Dalgomie were the cause of this effing mess?"

Earlier, I had gone out for some groceries, leaving Jisoo and Lisa playing with the dogs and Rosie in her room, reading probably. I was out for what, 15 minutes?

When I was walking back up through the yard, I heard a huge crash.

Scared, I rushed into our kitchen, the source of the noise. I don't think I even closed the front door: I thought a burglar had invaded us, or some crazy fanboy.

The kitchen area, usually immaculate after Chaeyoung's careful sweeping, was white.

Yes, you heard me right: it was white like a winter wonderland.

The counter, the floor behind it, the sink, the island in the middle which housed the cooking utensils...there were even weird white splatters on the fridge.

I jumped when two ghosts suddenly popped up from behind the counter.

"Unnie it's me, it's us! Stop screaming!" said the apparition on the left.

And then I realized it was stupid Lalisa and Jisoo unnie. Laughter threatened to rip through the serious icy mask that I reserved for these two idiots.

"What happened?"

Chaeyoung joined us, her eyes widening. She covered her mouth and started shaking.

"Chaey--" I began concerned as she crumpled to the ground. I went to her.

And then I realized she was laughing so hard no sound came out. She held her stomach, rolling on the ground and gasping, tears streaming. Finally, she spoke.

"Lalisa! Unnie! You look so funny, ah aha haha like two startled bunnies!" And she burst into more laughter.

Jisoo and Lisa grinned too but they soon sobered up when I turned my glare on them.

"So" I said, hands on hips.

"Unnie, we can explain!"

"Yeah, it was Lalisa--"

"Chichu unnie!"

"I'm waiting," I said grimly.

"Well, we thought Dalgomie and Kuma looked hungry so we thought we'd cook something for them. They're always eating the same old dog food. And seeing as it's Kumayah's birthday soon...we thought we'd make them...a cake...a small cake" Lisa added hastily, seeing me raise my eyebrows "Like, like a mug cake"

"And Jisoo went along with it?" I asked skeptically. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was surveying the area and had already gone to get a broom and duster, shaking her head and smiling.

"Yeah, I thought I'd film her cooking process, 'cause I was bored" Jisoo said shamelessly, "Obviously I wasn't going to let Dalgom eat anything Lisa cooks--he'd probably die from food poisoning."

I shook my head. Why did I even ask...

"But when we came to the kitchen, I forgot I had let Spots in. He was sleeping on the counter. The dogs hadn't noticed he was there until I was mixing stuff in the bowl--"

"She had already spilled flour everywhere by the way" Jisoo chimed in.

"Spots woke up and jumped down, right in front of Dalgom. I think he was startled, he started chasing Spots and the cat jumped on the counter knocking everything off. I almost slipped too--my bowl with the cake mix is all over the fridge now," she finished dolefully.

I wasn't entirely convinced--it still didn't explain why they were both white, and how the TV area was untouched--there was no sign of any scuffles. Kuma and Dalgomie were nowhere to be found either.

I sighed. "Whatever ok. I'll let this one slide as well...for the third time...in two days...and please stop it with the aegyo"

Lisa did her fake laugh: "Kkkkkkkkk" but obeyed.

"Go clean yourselves then come back and help Chaey--"

"Oh there's no need, I've got it--"

"Don't even think of it. They should be the ones cleaning up after their little...experiment."I said sternly.

The maknae and the fake maknae scurried away, pretending to be afraid of me. I hid a smile. You couldn't stay angry at them for long...well, as long as Lisa didn't overdo it with the aegyo.

They soon returned looking slightly less white. We all helped to clean the floor and the fridge.

"Weird" I said out loud to Chaeyoung next to me, "one wonders what mug they were planning to make their mug cake in, all this flour."

Chaeyoung's brow furrowed."Well, maybe they were going to make lots, ne? Like a party, one for each of us."

I shook my head. Rosie was so innocent. I decided to play by myself. The miscreants could hear me clearly.

"And what's this, egg yolk? You don't need egg yolk for a mug cake" I reasoned as I wiped yellow smears from the tiles.

"It's like we were baking a full-blown cake, ne Lalisa?" put in Jisoo cheerfully. Lisa scrunched her nose, lips pursed.

"Oh," said Chaeyoung cottoning on," were you girls actually going to--"

I cut her off with a nudge and cleared my throat.

"I think I had better show you how to actually make a cake, ne, Lisa?" I asked folding my arms. "I can't have you marrying a man without knowing how to bake, eh? It would be a failure on my part" I teased.

Chaey and Jisoo laughed as Lisa gave me a shove. She's too strong--her push almost knocked me to the ground. Small wonder the fans call her our oppa.

The kitchen was soon a flurry of activity. I clapped my hands and Chaeyoung tied my apron, recreating the memorable scene from our show. I heard it was highly approved by the fans that ship me and Chaeng.

I find it really cute how they ship the group members with one another. They even merged our names together to give us ship names. But to be honest, I love every one of my members to bits.

"Jendeuk Ramsay's back" cheered Jisoo, seated at the counter.

Well, when they're not acting hyper, that is.

"Araso, so today Lisa, I will have you be my sous chef since this will be your cake you're making.... even though it's a bit early for your birthday"

And then I whispered "Nice try though, points for creative storytelling"

The others laughed along with me because it had been a loud whisper.

"Yah, she thought we'd be too busy to celebrate," Jisoo added, ever the informed. Lisa made a scissoring motion across her throat at her and Jisoo just grinned.

"We'll still celebrate it when we have time," Chaeyoung promised, cuddling our maknae. I gave Chaeng a warning glance, in case she got too emotional.

"It's okay, I just want to have a cake to share only with you guys," Lisa smiled, "that's enough for me. But if you buy me another cake I won't say no" she added mischievously.

I rapped her knuckles. "Watch it! Careful how you whip the eggs....there...slowly, like that...better...Chaey, add the flour"

Under my strict surveillance, Lisa progressed without any hindrance and soon we poured the thick velvety mixture into the cake tin. We carefully put the cake in the oven.

"Araso, we still have the filling to do," I said, dusting my hand, "Chichu make yourself useful and help us please"

Jisoo separated two portions of the cream cheese filling and caster sugar. To one bowl they added cocoa powder and to the other, they added strawberry jam.

"Black pink" Lisa smiled happily as she booped Chaey on the nose. Jisoo burst out laughing and immediately took a picture of pink nosed Chaeyoung. Our fans were going to have a field day once we upload these photos.

While they were distracted, I dug into my grocery bag. Good thing there was nothing perishable in there, I had almost forgotten it by the side.

"What you got there?"

"Nothing, you nosy maknae. How's the frosting going?" I said quickly.

The cake came out beautifully, all golden. It was just a plain victoria sponge. I had prepared white frosting to cover the cake with it. I sliced the cake midway and piped the fillings. We carefully lowered the top half and then I had Lisa run wild with the frosting. But I took over when she accidentally squirted too strongly and cream landed on Jisoo's blouse.

Unnie didn't really care, she licked it right off, chanting "Lalisa did it again" like a kid. Honestly, I would have flipped if it happened to my clothes. I'm kinda prickly about stains.

I had Lisa and Jisoo leave me and Chaeyoung to do the frosting and decoration. Chaeng's not too bad at drawing and she said she had an idea for decorating Lisa's cake so I left the piping bag in her hands.

"She thought we wouldn't be able to celebrate her birthday" Chaeyoung muttered at length.

"Hmm?"

"She was going to bake a cake so we could enjoy it by ourselves," she said thoughtfully, "she really wanted us to be with her for her birthday. That's sweet of her"

"Hmm, well, we outsmarted her then" I stepped back, admiring my handiwork. "What do you think?"

"Just a moment" she answered, tongue sticking out in concentration as she piped little pink rosettes on the cake's edges,"araso, there we go. Oh, unnie that looks great!"

As Chaey was decorating, I had been industriously hanging up a banner. It was nothing much, just the words Happy Birthday Lisa written in silver cursive lettering on a glossy purple background. Jisoo and I had designed it on her PC and then when I went shopping I nipped into a stationery to print it out. I hung it on the little photo area we have next to the fridge.

And because I was feeling fancy, I had bought some colorful ribbons and draped them around the branches as well. I had also hung a couple of balloons.

"She'll love it!" Chaey assured, her face glowing adorably. I went next to her to check her progress.

"Omo, Rosie have you ever thought about a career in cake decoration?" I grinned. She blushed, pleased.

"Okay, everything's set. Did you get her the presents?"

Chaey winked conspiratorially. "Check the dishwasher"

"You put them in the dishwasher?!"

"Jisoo unnie told me to and to be honest, I couldn't think of a safer place" she defended herself.

I give up with these people.

"Jisoo said Lisa is bored. She has already taken her on a walk down the market to buy something but I don't think she can keep it up for long. They're almost here too..."

"It's fine we're done here anyway. Give her the go ahead" I said.

"Heol! I almost forgot the candles!" Chaey rummaged in a drawer and her face fell. "We only have...these four?"

"Can't be helped, they'll be here any second," I answered frantically, sticking them on the cake and lighting them.

We heard voices outside.

"Hide" I hissed and ducked down behind the counter. Chaey scrambled to her spot on the pink window sofa and killed the lights.

We waited with bated breath.

"Yah, Lalisa, you're cat crazy"

"But unnie look at them. Kyeopta!" I heard her calling to them. A cold draught made me shiver.

Drat those cats let them go already poor things, I thought as she cooed at them.

"Well, you stay out here as long as you like but I'm going in."

Moments later, I heard soft footfalls and then a slight creak as Jisoo joined the other girl on the sofa. Their giggling was silenced once we heard Lisa.

"Yah Jisoo unnie? Chaeyoungie? Jennie unnie? It's so dark..."

She was humming a tune as she came through the hallway.

"Mmm the kitchen smells good, I hope they haven't eaten--"

She switched on the lights.

"SURPRISE!"

"Waaaaahhh!" she yelled, shielding her face as party poppers went off and confetti rained down on us.

"Happy Birthday Lisa" we chorused as I brought out the cake. She took in the banner and the cake and our grinning faces, realization dawning on her.

"You three all planned this...for me?"

"You almost ruined the surprise trying to make a cake. Good thing I saved the day with my quick thinking" I winked.

"Guys," she said, touched, as Chaey hugged her. Jisoo was snapping away on her camera.

"You have to thank our patisserie for the decoration," I said, patting Chaeyoung's back.

Lisa's mouth stretched wide. "Happy Birthday Lisa" was written neatly in pink icing. Chaeyoung had even managed to draw a wonky unicorn of sorts. And then she showered her masterpiece with rainbow sprinkles.

"It's perfect...thank you" she chirped happily, "I have to take a pic for our BLINKS."

"Done. Can we cut the cake already, I'm huuuuunngrrryyy" Jisoo whined.

"Yeah we'd better, the candles are dripping wax everywhere--"

"Let's all blow them out together," Lisa said suddenly, "there's a candle for each of us"

"Yaaaay we get a wish too!" Jisoo clapped her hands with glee." Ha na dul se!"

We blew out in unison. The flames sputtered then died and we all cheered.

"What did you wish for unnie?" Lisa asked as she munched on the cake.

"Jisoo you got icing on your face, here,"Chaeyoung fussed.

"Can't tell you now can I? Isn't it supposed to be bad luck?" Jisoo stuck her tongue out.

"I don't really believe in those little superstitions" I smiled airily.

"Says the girl who believes in unicorns"

Chaeyoung giggled at Lisa's remark. "What did you wish for then, Nini?"

I paused. I don't know what came over me, but when she put me on the spot I realized how cheesy my wish sounded. Even though I had wished for it with every fiber of my being.

We didn't really celebrate birthdays when we were trainees. It was work, work, work, day in day out. Birthdays with cakes started only a year ago, after our debut.

And my childhood birthdays weren't exactly memorable events...

"Unnie?"

I smiled. "Don't laugh or I swear I won't give you your present"

"You got me a present?" she cried.

"We got you something too" put in Chaeyoung not to be outdone. Lisa roared with laughter when the other girl got the packages from the dishwasher.

"Priceless Chaey--"

"Well Jisoo unnie told me too," said Chaeyoung, pink in the face. Our unnie just smirked.

To be honest, if it weren't for Jisoo I'm not sure we would have pulled off this whole thing.

When we got the call three days ago from YG, she was calm while the rest of us just wandered around in a zombie state, mourning the sudden ending to our playtime. Truth be told, we had gotten rather lazy if I do say so myself.

Most probably we were going to start the long slog to promote our comeback and iron out the details and schedules. That was the tedious part.

Lisa tried to be upbeat about going back to slogging in the practice room on her birthday. Like back when we were trainees, she said, but she didn't bother Dalgomie for a day after that.

I felt disappointed for her--we had planned to go out on a shopping spree to treat ourselves. To be honest, Jisoo was less than thrilled about spending a whole morning wandering in the mall but she was on board once we mentioned dining at KFC.

She may be the group's visual but she has a shopping phobia bigger than Australia, as Chaeng put it.

Anyway, it was Jisoo who decided we'd throw our maknae a birthday party, to cheer her up and get back into work mode. I was really surprised by her sudden initiative but Chaeyoung immediately agreed and here we are now.

"Oh man, I've been wanting this forever!"

"You only saw it in the shop two weeks ago"

"Two weeks is a long time, Chaeyoung" Jisoo nodded sagely, "you'll realize that once you get to be old as me"

I don't even know whether to take her seriously sometimes.

"This will last me for a long time, thank you Pasta!" Lisa beamed, hugging her.

Chaeyoung had gifted her with a Tangled makeup purse, filled with Lisa's favorite makeup brands. They hadn't been cheap--I had to supervise Chaeyoung since she has a habit of going overboard when spending on us. She actually worried that her present wasn't all that great.

Seeing her pleased with Lisa's reaction right now is a great satisfaction.

"Huh and what have you got me unnie?" Lisa asked after gushing over every item in her new purse and setting them aside.

"Now aren't we being cheeky? Who said I got you a present, those are both Jennie's" Jisoo said nonchalantly but she still gazed intently as Lisa picked out a second package, examining the handwriting.

"This is yours no doubt"

"Ahh, busted" sighed Jisoo wringing her hair. We laughed at her drama.

Lisa inspected the package. "Hmm..." She unwrapped the brown paper to reveal a small box.

"Do you like it?"

Lisa slowly opened the box, her jaw hanging. In her hands, she held a small, sturdily-built camera.

"Oh..." she said overwhelmed, inspecting the Go-Pro from every angle.

"You can snap pictures wherever you go on your crazy adventures now, up in the mountains or deep underwater" Jisoo laughed.

"Oh, I'm definitely using it when we go roller-coasting again. You'll be there too right?" Lisa teased. Chaeyoung laughed as Jisoo pretended to stab herself.

I smiled, remembering the fuss that had gone down at Everland when we last visited, after filming for BPTV had ended. The maknae line wanted to go on the T-Express and dragged Jisoo with them. I'm not bothered by heights so I was not involved in their campaign to overcome the fear of roller coaster rides.

I was left calmly sipping my hot chocolate and observing the screaming car-loaded masses scaling up and zipping down on the tracks above me. It had been an overcast day, with the threat of snow hanging on our heads. I squinted up at the tracks.

Jisoo's screeching was instantly recognizable: I think I can only describe it as a cross between a panicked chicken and a shrieking goat. A real shame no one was there to record her though: she probably notched unprecedented decibels with her screaming.

The two maknae certainly seemed to regret their decision at that time-- they came down looking dazed, swaying behind their unnie and kept shaking their heads and repeating "mwo?" every time Jisoo or I spoke.

Jisoo hadn't spoken to us until we each promised to pay for any food she consumed for that day. Which turned out to be a huge mistake for our wallets.

"Earth to Jennie, yah!"

I snapped out of my reverie. "Uh, yeah?"

"How did you know I wanted this?" Lisa demanded, giddily waving the DVD of the latest Disney animated movie, COCO.

"My psychic powers" I deadpanned, snapping my fingers. Everyone knows that she loves anything Disney so that was a no-brainer.

"Thank you THANK YOU all of you" Lisa kept saying, hugging us one after the other and kissing us non-stop.

"Yah, Dalgom, and Kuma are feeling left out" Jisoo joked and Lisa chuckled, running after them to pester them as well.

"Let's watch the movie now!"

"Sure ok"

"I'll make some popcorn then" I offered.

"Dalgomie, Dalgomie don't you want a kiss?" said Lisa chasing after the dog. Kumayah had wisely stayed by my side.

"He doesn't want your bad breath, he just wants cake..." Jisoo told her.

"I think this is how it fits right?" Chaeyoung called from beside the TV.

My phone buzzed. I checked the ID.

Mom.

I ignored it when it buzzed again and focused on ladling the popcorn in a bowl. The others had already settled on the sofa when I went over to sit between Jisoo and Lisa.

"How about we do a quick v live with BLINKs?" Jisoo told me as I sat down, "it's been a while since we did one together. They'll be wondering what we're up to".

"Sure, why not" I replied.

After a few moments, we opened the chat. I held up my phone as the others squashed me to watch the screen. Soon fans started to trickle in and the number quickly swelled up. I fixed my hair and smiled. We've been doing this for some time now yet I still get small butterflies of excitement each time.

"Hey Blinks" I greeted.

"Annyeoung" chorused the maknae line.

"Nnyongan" put in Jisoo.

"Rose why don't you tell them what we're doing right now?" I invited.

"Oh juhl ? Uhmm.... we were, we were about to watch a movie and we thought we'd have a quick chat with you guys, uhm, before, before we start watching it...uhm... I'm afraid we won't be long though...Lisa's really impatient right now, aren't you?"

My phone buzzed again and again. It didn't interrupt the broadcast but I felt the vibrations.

"Yeah, we're going to watch Coco. I've been waiting to watch it for a long time" said Lisa giddily. She turned to us. "Should we tell them about today?"

"Why not?" I smiled sweetly, "but better make it snappy if you want to watch the movie, popcorn's getting cold"

"Do you want some BLINKs?" Jisoo held up a brownish popped kernel up to the screen. "Look at this: Jendeuk Ramsay can bake macaroons and cake but she can't make popcorn. Even I can do that" She chuckled. I rolled my eyes at her.

Lisa launched into narrating about the surprise birthday party as we munched on the popcorn. She wrapped up a good 15 minutes later.

"Well, I guess that's it for today then. Take care BLINKS. Annyeoung. We'll meet again soon" I saluted, sending out little hearts and the others did the same. We cuddled up together and started the movie.

"Unnie, you okay?" Lisa whispered as the Disney castle appeared.

I kept my eyes glued to the screen. "Yes. Wae?" I whispered.

"Nothing" she smiled, resting an arm on Chaeyoung who had leaned on her shoulder. Her eyes had started to flutter. It had been a long day for everyone.

I switched off my mobile right after we ended the vlive so there were no more annoying notifications.

The movie was about this sweet Mexican kid lugging around a big white guitar in the Land of the Dead, which was so vibrant and colorful.

One day I'll get into animation dubbing and it will be my voice over those awesomely animated figures on screen. It's a little dream of mine, but right now I was enjoying being a model and k-pop star.

I got up as the credits started to roll, waking Kuma who had been curled up on my lap since the broadcast.

"Jisoo come on, bedtime. You still have to remove your make up." I whispered as the girl lounged on the sofa, clinging to me. Her eyes were heavily-lidded.

I smiled, remembering how I used to be the one in her position as she dragged me out of bed for our daily training. It earned me my nickname. Well, one of them.

And although we may not be trainees anymore, and we're in between comebacks, make no mistake, we still had grueling practice schedules and language classes. If we didn't have our daily mandatory exercises, I don't think we'd be able to fit through the front door.

"Jendeukie....I'm...sleepy" Jisoo grumbled. She leaned on my shoulder.

Lisa was also struggling with Chaey, who was smiling in her sleep. After poking her chubby cheeks several times, Lisa gave up and somehow heaved her onto her back and took her to her room, piggyback fashion.

I followed, leading a sleepwalking Jisoo up the stairs. Dalgomie was waiting for his mistress on her bed. She was a dead weight and didn't even try to help me wipe off her makeup or put on pj's. I gave up and just pulled back the sheets for her and covered her up. She cuddled up with Dalgomie and carried on sleeping like a baby.

Chaeyoung awoke long enough to wipe off her make up, put on pjs and remove her contacts then crashed on the bed. Lisa made sure to cover her warmly.

"It's been getting chilly lately," she yawned, stretching and climbed into bed with me. Kuma was sound asleep in his basket at the foot of my bed.

"Lalisa, this isn't your bed, you pabo!" I scolded, holding my phone for some last-minute insta scrolling.

"I know I just want to cuddle," she cooed, switching on her aegyo to full blast.

"Aisssh whatever ok" I sighed in defeat. She leaned against me with her own phone and we were silent for a few moments.

"Unnie?"

"What now?" I said somewhat exasperated.

"Is someone bothering you?"

I stared at her. "Huh?"

She gazed at me, her expression serious. "The phone kept buzzing and though you hid it well, I could tell you were annoyed. If there's a guy or someone bothering you, tell me. I'll deal with them" she declared, cracking her knuckles.

"Lalisa, as if!" I giggled, conjuring a mental image of tough, hard-hitting Lisa oppa shoving a potential suitor up a wall by the throat.

We were not allowed to date, or drink, or drive, or have tattoos or plastic surgery unless YG sajangnim gave us permission to. Many people might think he was being too strict or unrealistic but I understand his line of reasoning: he wanted us to take our job seriously, without any scandals or nasty incidents and rumors that would overshadow our debut.

"It's just my eomma..."

At my words, she gave an understanding nod.

My members know I don't have the easiest of relationships with my blood mother. Being away from her for such a long time at a young age put a strain on our relationship, although I had been the one to choose to go away.

When I came back to Korea, I had plunged into training and barely saw her as well. On my first proper meeting, after we debuted, it was like meeting a stranger. We're on our way to reconciling of course, but some things have obviously changed since my absence.

"She keeps asking me when I'm going to drop by at the weekend," I sighed, "for dinner or whatever".

"Well, why don't you?"

I bit my lip.

"I just don't feel like it" I finally said after a pause. I had been a few times and I can't say I enjoyed it much. To be completely frank, I only went for the sake of seeing my other dog Kai, since he stays with Mom.

I guess this is why some people call me a cold bitch: some of my actions appear really callous.

But to be honest, I feel closer to the New Zealand family that took me in, and Jisoo's parents treated me like I was their child. I called Chaeng's mom eomma and Lisa's parents were as easy going as their daughter.

Bizarre, right?

"We could come with you?" Lisa suggested, yawning hugely.

I shook my head. When I was in public with Mom, I could act like everything was normal. But in private, I struggle to even talk about myself to her. Having my friends there with me would make things worse.

"I'm going to sleep. Hop off to your bed now."

She obeyed and I turned on my side, sliding down between the sheets.

"Unnie?"

I bit back a curse. "Hmm?"

"You never told me what you wished with my cake" she mumbled from beneath her covers.

I turned over to look at her quickly. Her eyes were drooping. I felt my frown melt. She looked like such a kid. Her long brown hair, smooth for now, will be all puffed up in the morning from her tossing and turning.

"Maybe...maybe it's better if I don't actually say it...."

"Because I'll laugh?"

I thought for a moment and shook my head. "No....but I think... I might believe a tiny bit of that superstition after all.... "I said wryly, "I'll tell you my wish one day...I'll tell all of you together, okay?"

I thought she had fallen asleep when I heard her sigh.

"Well, I'll tell you mine then...I wished for another cake on my real birthday"

I snorted and pulled up the covers to mask my laughter. Lalisa was smirking and now she opened one eye, looking directly at me.

"Go to sleep, pabo" I finally told her and switched off the lampshade. I heard her giggling before silence reigned again.

It took me longer to fall asleep though. Lisa started to snore softly but it didn't bother me anymore.

Should I have replied to Mom?

She's your family after all, said a small voice in my head, your blood family.

Well, I have a better family now: Chichu and Pasta and Lalisa.

Why should I care about a mother who never really noticed me? I thought bitterly.

I reached out and pulled my phone underneath the covers as I sat up and switched it on. The glare made me scrunch my eyes and I peered at the screen. There were 3 missed calls and then 2 messages. I sighed.

I had expressly instructed her to limit the calls to the weekends, the reason being I'd be too busy to reply.

I had been lying, of course.

9:17 Mom: Hey sweetie, just thought I'd see if you'll be available for a night with your eomma tomorrow? I can make us some kimchi rice. I know you like that.

Now that she mentioned it I felt a sudden violent dislike for the said dish.

9:23 Mom: We didn't exactly end up on a good note last time. I want to make it up to you.

"No shit Sherlock," I snarled.

And she was only now trying to apologize, nearly a week later?

But I guess she took my instructions to heart. And how exactly did she plan to reconcile?

Just the thought of facing her again, of entering the house still echoing with thundering voices and tense silences made me curl my toes in apprehension.

I can't go back there. Not yet.

I picked up my phone again and started texting.

Jennie: Sry Mom :( I won't be able to make it. We have a busy week coming up, I'll try for next weekend.

And then as an afterthought, I added:

'Luv you <3'

I flopped on my back and closed my eyes.

You're a spineless coward, Kim Jennie.

She'll know I was lying.

__________________________________________________________

©Copyright All rights reserved

Author's note: Hi! Hope you liked my one-shot. It's actually a chapter in a story that I'm writing. But that story is still in the works, I will post the whole thing on my profile someday when I finish it.

Drop a comment, I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have for me :-P

And thank you to  for providing this platform to post our works and for letting me share this little chapter

>Blackpink in your area<

MMC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 735 12
All kind of Jin ship but most of them are Taejin Jinkook Jinmin😉 And this is my second book hope you will enjoy it.
90.4K 2.2K 49
- a collection of drabbles focussing on blacktan ships
382K 13.8K 57
⚠️ INSTAGRAM THEMED ⚠️ DISCONTINUED ⚠️ In which Taehyung is a famous Actor/model and Jungkook is his #1 Fanboy. [this may be a vkook fic but contains...
29K 979 52
Reactions to different scenarios with BTS. Might include NSFW scenarios, will be noted. ~ BTS Member x Reader Insert (no y/n) 1st Place Oneshots The...