Believer [Peter Parker]

By sebxstixnstxn13

[Completed] "You make me a believer." Part of the Eclipse Series Plot by @hazholland Cover by @-voidlegends More

Summary
Epigraph
Part One
01 - Late Nights
02 - Pizza
03 - The Spark
04 - New Hero in Town
05 - The Chase
07 - Contact
08 - Help
09 - Germany
10 - Battle Pt. 1
11 - Battle Pt. 2
12 - Back Home
13 - Tony Stark
14 - Adjustments
15 - Distance
Part Two
16 - Missouri
17 - Back Home
18 - New School Year
19 - Package
20 - Bank Robbery
21 - Discovery
22 - Liz's Party
23 - Arms Dealers
23 - The News
24 - Interrogation
25 - Staten Island Ferry
27 - Homecoming
28 - Vulture
29 - Captured
30 - Upstate
Part Three
31 - Field Trip
32 - Spaceship
33 - Central Park
34 - Outer Space
35 - On the Spaceship
36 - Guardians of the Galaxy
37 - Possibilities
38 - Mad Titan
39 - The Fight Pt 1
40 - The Fight Pt 2
41 - The Fight Pt. 3
42 - Time Stone
43 - The Snap
44 - Stranded
45 - Ship
Part Four
46 - Three Weeks Later
47 - Avengers Compound
48 - Five Years Later
49 - I Love You 3000
50 - Test Run
51 - Back in Time
52 - Time Stone
53 - Back to the Future
54 - The Battle Pt. 1
55 - The Battle Pt. 2
56 - Back Home
57 - Part of the Journey is the End
58 - Funeral
59 - Returning the Stones
60 - Endgame
Epilogue
Conclusion + Sequel
Thank You!
unfortunate news

05 - Lies

4.2K 121 8
By sebxstixnstxn13

Hannah showed up at school with more injuries than usual. The only person who would notice her injuries was Peter. But today, a little more noticed. 

"The injuries are bad today," Anthony said.

"Yeah, everyone noticed," Hannah lowered her book. "Even my teachers have been asking if I'm okay."

"Oh, didn't think teachers cared enough to check on their students."

"Yeah," Hannah agreed. "I've met Spider-Man several times and there's something about him that's familiar."

"What do you mean?" Anthony asked.

"He sounds so familiar," Hannah said. "He sounds like someone I know but I can't think of who."

"Huh," Anthony said, leaning back. "If he sounds familiar to you, do you think you sound familiar to him?

"I - I don't know," she realized Spider-Man could be someone she knows. Maybe he might know her as Hannah, not Spark. "Oh, man. What if he recognized my voice. Or my face? My mask doesn't cover my entire face. Parts of my face shows."

"I need to fix the mask then," Anthony said. "Do you have the suit on you?"

"Yeah," Hannah nodded.

"Give me the mask," Anthony said. 

Hannah unzipped her backpack and reached into it. She grabbed the mask.

"Give me your backpack," Hannah said.

"What?"

"Give it to me."

"Why?"

"We can't let anyone see the mask," Hannah said.

"Oh, right."

Anthony handed Hannah his backpack and Hannah quickly took out the mask and put it inside Anthony's backpack.

"I'll see you later," Anthony said. "I'm going to sit with my other friends."

"Alright," she said.

Anthony took his lunch and backpack and left the table. Hannah sighed and continued reading her book. She glanced at Anthony while he was hanging out with his friends. She wished she could be more like him. 

She looked away from Anthony and continued to read and eat her lunch.

***

Hannah feels like she's close to losing her mind. As much as she'd like to take a few days from fighting crime, she knew she can't. There are police officers who are here to protect everyone and there's Spider-Man. 

"Geez, Hannah," Anthony said. "Take a few days off from this. You have a bunch of bruises and injuries all over your body. Your body needs to heal."

"I can't just take a break from this, Anthony," Hannah said. "You know that."

"I know," Anthony sighed. "Promise me that you'll take the weekend off."

"I don't know," Hannah said.

"Hannah, please," Anthony begged. "I really care about you. I don't want you to get hurt even more."

Hannah sighed. "Fine. I'll take the weekend off."

"Great!" Anthony said. 

Hannah took off her jacket and placed it on the desk. She sat on the chair next to Anthony.

"Are there any other criminals out there I can take on?" Hannah asked. 

"No," Anthony nodded. "Police officers are already out there taking care of them."

"What about Spider-Man?" Hannah asked. "Is he out there?"

"No."

"Thank God."

"You seem to really dislike Spider-Man."

"I don't dislike him, he's just getting on my nerves," Hannah said. "He won't leave me alone."

"Tell him to piss off."

"I do tell him, but he won't stop."

"We better head home, Anthony," Hannah said. "It's getting late."

"You're right," Anthony said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

***

At school, everyone knew Hannah as the girl who barely talked. She wouldn't go out of her way to make conversation with others, except with her friends. There was more to her silence. No one knew half the crap she goes through.

Part of her wished everyone knew what she went through, but she would much rather have everyone know that she's just a quiet girl. She didn't want anyone to know she was the quiet girl with problems. 

Hannah left school alone once again. She didn't really care. She headed back home. She kept her promise to Anthony. She didn't put on the mask. She just went home.

She stopped by the deli in Queens to get a sandwich. She knew Luke was going to be busy at work and that he didn't have time to make some food for her.

"Hi, Hannah," Mr. Delimar, the owner of the deli, greeted her.

"Hey, Mr. Delimar," Hannah greeted him. 

"What can I get you today?"

"The number four sandwich," Hannah requested.

Hannah paid for the sandwich and waited for her sandwich to get ready.

***

Hannah got home. Just as she entered the house, Anthony called.

"Hey, Anthony," Hannah greeted her friend.

"I see that you didn't go to the lair," Anthony said.

"Yeah," Hannah said. "I made a promise, didn't I?"

Anthony installed a software on his computer and Hannah's laptop where they can check on the lair when they're in school or at home. 

"Hey, Anthony, how long until you finish modifying the mask?" Hannah asked.

"Tomorrow," Anthony said. "I can swing by your house tomorrow and drop it off."

"No!" Hannah said, immediately. "I'll come by your house to pick it up."

"Are you sure?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Hannah said. "Text me your address and I'll pick it up on my way to work."

"You work on Saturdays?" Anthony asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I don't have a lot of friends, so I work," Hannah said.

"Huh, didn't expect that," Anthony said. "Alright. Text me when you're about to head to work."

"Okay, cool," Hannah said. "I'll talk to you later."

Hannah went up to her room and took out her laptop from her backpack. She opened it and went onto the software to check on the lair. She just wanted to make sure nothing happened to it or no one stumbled into it. 

She started to eat her sandwich as she went onto Netflix to watch a show. She would occasionally Snapchat or text her friends from Missouri. She used to live in Missouri. She lived there until she was twelve years old when her parents decided to transfer to the NYPD. Her uncle Luke, with his wife, Hannah's aunt, and their family. 

All of Hannah's cousins moved out for university and unfortunately, Hannah's aunt was killed during the Battle of New York. 

Her cousin, Luke's son, ended up calling her.

"Hey, Jake," Hannah greeted her cousin.

"Hey, Hannah," Jake greeted her.

"How are you?" 

"Alright. You?"

"Fine. I think."

"I'm guessing Dad is still at work?"

"Yeah, he's still there," Hannah confirmed. "When will you visit?"

"I think next weekend," Jake said. "I can't confirm anything yet. It depends on how much work I have."

"Alright."

"Alright, I gotta go, I wanted to check up on you," Jake said.

"Thanks," Hannah said.

"Text me if you need anything."

"Alright, I will."

"Talk to you later."

"Bye."

Jake hung up the phone and Hannah returned to her show and her sandwich. 

***

The weekend went by pretty quick. She kept her promise to Anthony. She went back to school. Her injuries got better a bit.

She went to her locker to put a few of her notebooks in before classes started. Ned Leeds walked up to her.

"Hey, Hannah," Ned greeted her.

"Hi, Ned," Hannah greeted him.

"Are you busy after school today?" Ned asked.

"Yeah, I am," Hannah said. "Sorry."

"Oh," Ned said, disappointed. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, um, I have work and, um, my cousin is driving down here for dinner," Hannah lied. "Uncle Luke and I haven't seen her since she left for university and she really wants to come down here for a few hours."

"That sounds fun, seeing Cathrine," Ned said. 

"What did you have in mind if I wasn't busy?"

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to go watch a movie with Peter and me," Ned said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I would love to come, but I can't."

"It's fine, I understand," Ned said.

A/N

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. This is longer than most chapters I write. I still hope you all enjoy it. 

I started writing a new fanfic called Instagram, which is a Ty Simpkins fanfic. I would appreciate it if you guys checked it out. Ty plays Harley in Iron Man 3 and Avengers Endgame. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 23.2K 52
BROKEN LULLABY | ❝I know I wasn't there for you before, and I'll regret that for the rest of my life. But I'm here now, and I'm never leaving either...
1.1M 26.3K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...
110K 1.9K 55
"Do you trust me?" is what Peter told me the day my life took a 360-degree turn. Cover designed by @hollandhoarder
1M 37.7K 79
❝ and even as we fall, my eyes will still be on you ❞ ✧ ✧ ✧ four identities two teenagers one love ✧ ✧ ✧ | peter parker // oc | | marvel mcu | | pre...