Soulmates (✔️)

By -litbaby

-Book one in the Billionaires' Boys' Club Series- Playboy, millionaire Luke Brooks is a gift from God to wome... More

Warnings + Awknowledgements
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 Part 2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
Heart's Desire

Chapter 29

5K 183 42
By -litbaby

It's my birthday on Monday (5th) omg!

Luke's POV

"They're adorable aren't they?" I moved a little in my sleep, voices interrupting my wonderful sleep. "Well, I'm afraid you'll have to wake them. They'll be late for school and Lu will go off his rockers if he's late." My mother's voice was soft, yet so loud to me.

I frowned, nestling myself into my pillow. I shuffled closer to the warmth. I heard quite steps, "don't Bridget." My eyes fluttered open in dismay. "I'm getting up. In the meanwhile, please ask the others to prepare breakfast for another."

"Y-yes sir." She scurried out and I smiled softly seeing Kelsey's peaceful face. The light streamed down onto her face, making her skin glow. She had a hand resting on my neck, whilst her legs were tangled with mine under the covers. I moved my hand slowly, moving a strand of hair off her face. She must have felt my sudden movement as she shuffled with a groan. Her eyes peeled open and Kelsey stared at me in shock. "L-Luke?"

"Good morning." I held her gaze with soft laughter. She moved her hand in embarrassment and sat up quickly. I stretched whilst she looked worried.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I slept and everything and what about my clothes? I won't even get time to go home, will I? I'll be so late to school? And good morning." Kelsey rushed out her words, speaking all in one breath.

"Chill." I stretched and got out of bed, pressing a button. The curtains started to slide open and I pulled off my shirt. "You can wear my clothes and pants wise, I'm sure I have a pair of your jeans lying around in my closet for some odd reason." I unbuttoned my jeans and glanced up at her to see her bright red and staring up at the ceiling. "You're red." I inferred.

"Do you have to do that?" She whispered yelled.

"Do what?"

"Change right here." Again, Kelsey whisper yelled, pulling the covers to hide her face.

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Do you want to shower?"

"Not really." She peeked out from the covers. "Luke! Oh my god, put some clothes on!"

"Why? Is it too much to handle?"

"You're practically naked." Kelsey whisper yelled.

"You do amuse me, princess." I laughed. "Come on." I gestured with my hand. "I'll give you the courtesy of picking what you'd like to steal from me." Kelsey narrowed down her eyes but, nonetheless took my hand. I picked up my clothes and dumped them in the hamper in the closet.

"Geez, you probably have more clothes than me." I shrugged. "Luke, I can't find anything." She muttered after a few minutes. "Take this. It'll look nice with your jeans." I handed her a plain Gucci shirt that just had the logo on it.

"I can't wear this!"

"It's yours now so take it or I'll be utterly offended." Kelsey huffed. "And I'm wearing this Givenchy logo shirt," I waved around the long sleeved shirt in my hand. "So go get dressed before we're late." I handed her, her fresh pair of jeans.

"Thank you." Kelsey sighed, before exiting. She could have just changed in here... I shook it off and dressed, quickly. I strapped a new watch onto my wrist and tied the laces of my shoes. I picked up my leather jacket and left the room. I knocked on the bathroom door and the door swung open. Kelsey stared at me sheepishly and my gaze slipped to her attire. She noticed my looking at her outfit and doubted herself instantly, "I don't know. Maybe I look stupid-"

"You look stunning as usual Kelsey," I smirked when she blushed. "You need to wear a thicker jacket or you'll catch a cold." I diverted the topic, glancing at the cloudy and stormy looking weather. "You can have one of mine."

"Luke I don't want to keep your clothes!"

"You always end up doing it anyway." I walked into the bathroom and she stood there trying to protest against me.

"No, I didn't! I just haven't had the time to give you them back-"

"Look, darling, you don't want to give them back-ah, babbabba-" I shushed her when she opened her mouth. "You wore my clothes again meaning you didn't to give them back."

"Lu-"

"Kelsey I'm talking!" I huffed and stared at her reflection in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and handed her a spare brush. "As I was saying. I'm not mad though. I think you look ravishing in my clothes." I smirked and she blushed and winked at her rinsing out my mouth. Kelsey brushed past me, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm annoyed at you if you couldn't tell."

"Wouldn't be the first time darling!" I called after her as she left my room. I rolled my eyes with a smile, picking up a hazelnut coloured aviator jacket and my own. I grabbed my essentials and went downstairs to the dining room. "Good morning everyone." I greeted my family, unusually chipper for a Monday morning.

My mother beamed at me, "Good morning Lu."

"Good morning Bubba."

"Morning Luke." I frowned at my sister, who seemed somewhat upset and I sat at the table, telling myself I'd speak with her.

•••

"Maddison." I caught her arm as she left.

"What?" Annoyance was evident in her tone quite clearly. Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked restless.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She tried to turn away from me.

"What's wrong Maddison?" I repeated my demeanour changing within a second.

"I don't have to tell you everything!"

"It concerns me when you look like you've been dragged through hell. Your eyes are bloodshot and you look, restless little sister, of course, it is in my place to ask and know what is going on."

"Luke please don't do this now-" Her voice broke.

"Maddison-"

"She'll talk to you when she wants to Luke. Don't force it out of her." I heard Kelsey's voice and she smiled softly at Maddison. Kelsey made herself apparent as I was distracted. She took my hand of Maddison's arm. "As long as you're okay."

"I'll be fine." Maddison scampered off before I could get another word in.

"Now I'm annoyed at you!" I threw my hands in the air. "She's upset ma chérie!"

"Yes, and so you shouldn't force her to tell you what's going on. She'll come to you Lu because she trusts you but, forcing her won't help you or her."

"You're annoying when you're right," I growled in frustration. Kelsey smiled like an angel and patted my stomach.

"It's alright Lu, you'll need to get used to it." My expression fell and she laughed seeing this.

"Here, a jacket of some sort," I muttered, still worried about my sister.

"Thank you!"

"The driver will take us to school and he can take you home on the way to fencing." I nodded curtly, quietly walking outside with my own things. I opened the door and Kelsey sat in and I followed suit.

"Stop being so mad. Frown lines don't suit you."

"My beauty ages with me have you known."

"You're utterly vain."

I threw my head back in laughter, taking the opportunity to rest my arm behind Kelsey's head. "That's because I know I'm handsome. Right George?"

"Indeed sir."

"He's just agreeing with you because you pay him!"

"Well ask all the girls fawning over me," I smirked seeing her face fall. Envy crossed her eyes and she huffed. "I'm a somewhat model darling, that's my evidence-not the girls because honestly, they'll try to hop on anything with even a bit of money on them."

"That's not true."

"Oh trust me." I chuckled airily, "I remember when I came back to the school and news had spread like wildfire and it was somewhat funny because as soon as I stepped foot it was like a king had entered when it was just me." I scrunched up my nose, "girls were throwing themselves at me all day and they carried on from that because they knew I had money and status." I took my arm away from behind her, "and that's what everyone wants. Money makes the world turn baby." I smiled softly with a small nod.

"Luke, you don't need validation by stupid girls. You're an amazing person."

"Oh, I never said I needed validation from them." I needed that from my father. "They're just moralless girls and that's me being nice."

"We have arrived, sir."

"Thank you, George." I nodded and he opened the door for Kelsey. She slipped out first and I followed her. People's heads turned to see us together and they gasped and started whispering as soon as we set foot in the school.

"Why are they doing that?"

"What?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Whispering and looking at us?"

"Because my darling," I slipped my arm around her waist, "they think we're together. An item. The hot new thing. The newest gossip around." I mocked the paparazzi and the people surrounding me. "Can you all, kindly, mind your own business and stop whispering and looking, please? You're making Kelsey uncomfortable." I spoke loudly and everyone had gone drop dead silence. "Don't stop talking!" And then they all engaged in conversations with the odd few staring straight at us.

"How did you do that?"

"I control the school baby. I am their king."

"Cocky much?"

"And you can be my queen." I winked and she shoved me. I gave her a look as I stumbled and nearly fell.

"Ow! Watch where you're-Kelsey? Luke?" I heard Alex's voice rip my happy bubble to shreds.

"Alex!" Kelsey smiled, hugging her best friend that stared at me dead in the eye withholding a glare. Kelsey let go of her after babbling about something. I watched her friend like a hawk, fully aware that she wasn't listening to her but, staring at her outfit in curiosity and the most greenest of envies and wondering what had went on between the two of us. The girls walked into the private sitting area and I followed behind them.

"Luke!"

"Francis." I chuckled as his eyes lit up.

"I haven't seen you in ages? Did you die or something?" Francis stared at me with worry and concern. "You weren't answering your phone for two bloody days."

"I wasn't?" I asked him. Hadn't I answered my phone? I swear...I was with Kelsey for that last few days and that had probably locked me in a bubble of unrealistic fairytale life with her and it seemed as if time with her had made me withdraw from other people, being so focused on her I mean.

"You were with her weren't you?" Francis gestured to Kelsey with his head and I swiftly looked at Kelsey, who was already looking at me. She blushed violently, looking away in a swift movement. "What did I even miss?"

"Love flourishing in its most natural forms." I heard Kris' voice and I smirked.

"Or my wonderful charms working once again." I grinned and Kris rolled his eyes and made a face at me.

"Babe!" My stomach curdled and my mouth went dry upon hearing his voice and that revolting name that he had dubbed her as. I turned ever so subtly to watch the scene unfold before me. "I didn't know you owned Gucci." He chuckled airily. "Or YSL." Was he undermining her? Claiming she wasn't good enough to own high-end material goods? Why was he laughing at the thought of her wearing luxury clothing? "Whose clothes are you wearing?"

"Mine."

"Oh come on, they're not yours. You can smell male perfume from here-cheap too-"

"Oh fuck off. My shit is more expensive than your life Kaden-"

"I can't believe you slept with him." Kaden jumped to conclusions and growled, standing up immediately looking as if he'd hit me. "Him?! Out of all people?!"

"Sit the hell down." I pushed him to sit down when he started getting too close to me. "It would be a blessing to sleep with me." I smiled feigning sweetness and innocence. My words fired him up even more. I stepped away from him, "I didn't sleep with her. I don't fuck with girls that have boyfriends Kaden." I rolled my eyes. "Kelsey was at my home yesterday and was working late alongside my father so she fell asleep. We were late and I borrowed her clothes." I shrugged, surpassing a small smile when Kelsey mouthed a 'thank you' to me.

"Why?"

"I don't have to explain my family's private business with Kelsey."

"You know what? Maybe she's getting betrothed to Luke in secret." Alex spoke, evil and cunningness gleaming in her eyes which were noticeable to me. I made a face if absolute distaste towards the stupid shit stirring girl.

"Really? Is that the private business you don't-"

I sat in a chair and ran a hand through my hair coolly, "it's pathetic honestly that you think a 17-year-old girl would secure an engagement to me when she has her life ahead of her." Would she even marry me was the actual question? No! Why am I thinking of marriage?! God, what the hell?! "You seem to have a lot of insecurities-" I paused to laugh, "and getting the idea that we are engaged into your head is beyond pathetic. I have too much to do than be bothered with an engagement or even marriage." I rolled my eyes.

"Then what happened?"

"Private affairs that's what." I rubbed my temples. "Jessica!" I saw the teacher walk by and stood quickly needing a somewhat distraction from the others. They watched my conversation with the teacher.

"Miss Shaw," her tone was clipped but, her eyes held a certain softness telling me otherwise.

"Jess," I smirked simply, "I'm having extreme difficulty mastering the art of Mozart's Piano Sonata No. 18 in D major." No, I wasn't. I had mastered that a week ago and played it to my mother, who was thoroughly surprised at my abilities. "I was thinking, you could help me work on it today?" My tone was questionable as the young teacher blushed profusely. "I mean that's if you are available and if not I completely understand." I made it out as if I cared about her and her time and what she thought. I played all the girls like that. I made them think I cared about their time and them, so they thought I actually felt something for them, thus meaning they would come back crawling (quite literally sometimes) to me.

"I-uh..." She trailed off, unsure of my request knowing how easily I could manipulate people into my doings and wishes.

"If you're busy, I completely understand." I internally rolled my eyes. "I'll find another teacher that's available." My honey-like voice was something different to my evil, bitter intentions. When they took long to answer my questions and requests that's when I'd threaten, ever so nicely, to replace them with someone else.

"Oh n-no, I was just thinking about my schedule Luke." She giggled softly and with that, I knew I had won her over. "How about lunch?"

"I can do lunch." I nodded with my signature smirk playing at my lips.

"Bye now." She blushed bashfully, waving shyly before scampering away. I swiftly turned and hid my smirk, sitting back down.

"What did you do with her during summer?" Francis leant over to whisper to me and I smirked properly now. My devious, mischievous and evil smile. "Oh Luke, you're the embodiment of Satan himself." Francis was quick to catch on and shook his head. I licked my lips and met with Kelsey's curious eyes. I smiled even wider when I saw that I caught her attention. Damn what I would do for her.

•••

I attempted to fix my dishevelled hair with speed and haste. I buttoned my jeans and zipped them too. I let out a breath, wiping my forehead. I side glanced the naked teacher who was basking in the gloriousness of me. "Get ready." I picked up her items of clothing and threw it to her. She panted out a breath, "Jessica." I snapped, "I'm not getting caught with like this, especially with you." My words were harsh, snapping her out of her trance. She frowned deeply and changed slowly and hastily. I left the room and played with the collar of my jumper, glancing around, hoping no one had seen me.

With one last scan of the area, I walked away from the room, leaving her. I strolled outside and found Kelsey away from my table talking to my sister. I hastily walked to them, running a hand through my hair. "Ladies," I greeted them with a short nod, "What's wrong?" I asked my sister, who looked visibly upset.

"L-Luke-" She hiccuped and I pulled her into my arms, shielding her away from the offices and problems of this world and mostly from everyone's evil and watchful stares. I walked with her and we walked rather quickly my to a secluded place and Kelsey had idly followed, not that I minded. I wiped my sister's tears away.

"What's wrong?" I asked her once again.

"I-I just everything's so overwhelming and he-he..." A sob escaped past her lips and tears fell from her cheeks. I was quick to catch them and again wipe them away for her.

"Who is he?" My voice was firm and strict.

"Damon Alexander." Maddison gulped down her sobs and my eyes lit up with fury.

"What did he do?"

"He-he played me like you play everyone. He-he made it out as if he liked me and he was really just plotting to try and bed me because everyone thinks I'm a prude for not giving out."

My jaw dropped slightly and my fists clenched in anger, "Luke don't do anything irrational. Maddison would not want you hurt or hurting someone else." Kelsey lay a hand on my balled fists, but I tended instead of calming down. "Forget about him Maddie, boys are trash and not worth your time. You don't need anyone to be a strong woman." Kelsey unballed my first and laced her hands with my mine, absentmindedly, whilst her other hand tucked a strand of hair behind my sister's ear, something I'd usually do. "You don't need him or any man because you're beautiful and strong. The best way to gain revenge is to show him how much you don't need him and how better off you are without him." Kelsey smiled graciously and wiped away my sister's tears.

Maddison let out a small smile and a small laugh, "Wow I cried over a stupid boy."

"So he spread around rumours of you? Being a prude and stuff?"

"He wanted to leak my messages to him too. They weren't bad but, privacy..." my sister trailed off and I gave her a look. "Don't do anything-" I ignored her words and stomped off, on my quest to find this boy. I spotted him. "Luke please!" Her pleas fell on deaf ears.

"Damon Alexander?" I raised a brow in question at the group of boys.

"Who's asking?"

I glanced around, "I don't see anybody else... so, me presumably or are you too imbecilic not to know that?"

"Who are you?"

"Take a wild guess." I crossed my arms with a cynical smirk on my face.

"The one and only Luke Brooks?" The boy looked surprised. "I never thought I'd meet you in person, I mean being with your sister and all-"

I forced myself to smile innocently and sweetly, "I didn't come here to chit chat, I want you to apologise to Maddison and hand me your phone."

"What the fuck?"

"Do I have to remind you what you did?" I questioned.

"Luke leave it-"

"You're actually making him do your dirty work for you?"

I shoved him, "Don't speak to her like that. Don't even fucking utter a word about her. Her blessed name doesn't deserve to be in such an unholy, disgusting mouth such as yours." I shoved him once again, "give me your fucking phone and apologise to her."

"Who the fuck are you?!"

"Luke fucking Brooks and I'll rip you apart piece by piece and disgrace you and your family Alexander if you don't delete everything from your phone."

"What?" He was very confused and angry.

"Leaking private shit of my sisters isn't something I'd do. You know our surname, Brooks? It holds more power than your whole families existence. So you better fucking delete everything from that phone right now and apologise to her or ill be sure to see you in court." I threatened him so coolly and then I smiled when he handed me his phone, unlocked and everything. "On your knees."

"What?"

"On your damn knees!" I growled and he didn't move.

"What?" He said again, astounded.

"On you damn knees Alexander!" I growled through my teeth. He scurried to get down on his knees before my sister.

"I'm sorry."

"Not good enough," I said before my sister could speak, as I deleted everything off his phone and iCloud too and any other existing copies.

"I am so sorry, please may you forgive me."

"Carry on."

"I'm sorry for calling you a prude and spreading vicious rumours and insulting you in such a way."

"Maddison?" I raised a brow with a smirk as my sister smirked deviously with me, finding happiness in his public humiliation.

"This isn't enough. Maybe we'll have to tell his mother." My sister pouted.

"No! Not my mother!" Damon screamed on his knees and now he was properly begging. I found enjoyment in his vulnerability and shame.

"Well, maybe you should think twice before uttering such words about me." My sister leant down just above him. She grabbed his face with her hand harshly and her cold eyes met his lifeless ones. "I am not a prude and my virginity and sex life does not concern you or any other person. Touching me is sacred and I'd rather not have a stupid high school boy like you, having such a virtuous experience." She shoved him away once again and I refrained from smirking even wider at her behaviour. Awh, she was learning quickly from me. "That goes out to all of you assholes if you dare think about spreading vicious rumours about me or any of the other girls, 'who don't give out' or 'give out too much' then may God help you because you'll have to answer to me." With that my sister sauntered off and I smirked widely and evilly, maliciousness dancing behind my eyes.

"Damn her appeal just rose."

"Shut the hell up." I glared at the boy who said it. He frowned, looking shocked and I snarled. He shrunk back in his place. "Why are you still on the floor? Are you going to beg for forgiveness from me too?" I pouted, mockingly.

Damon, I think that was his name at least, stood up in a hurry and ran a hand through his hair. "Of course not! Why would I do that?!"

I set my icy eyes on him, "I gave you such an easy way out. Maddison is not as bad as me. Consider it mercy from what I could do." I shoved the phone into his chest, "if I hear anything else from you, even a peak, I won't hasty to release my wrath upon you." I turned around with a gracious smile at the crowd that had formed.

"You couldn't do anything! We're supposed to be partners."

I didn't bother to turn around, "not if my dear father hears how you have treated his only daughter." I chuckled as I imagined his fearful face and almost felt the fear radiate from him. I sat at my seat.

"You sister is out of control."

"How so?" I let Kaden carry on.

"He wasn't doing anything. She was wailing over nothing. She is a prude for not having sex already and truly he was right." I leant over and grabbed him by the back of his head and smacked his head into the table's wooden too. I let go of him as he screeched. "What the fuck?!"

"Girls are not sex slaves! When they chose to give up their virginity they will. Who the fuck are you to decide when she should have sex with another person?!" I clenched my fists.

"Luke-" Kris held onto mt balled fists.

"You are making a powerful enemy Kaden, I could destroy you and everything you are. Don't you ever dare talk about my sister or any other girl like that? Their bodies are beautiful masterpieces made by God that should be cherished not dictated by men, like yourself, to when they should give up their prized possession. If a girl doesn't want to fuck you, she doesn't want to okay?!" I was near enough yelling as I was so angry with him and everyone in the school. "Don't you ever fucking talk about her like that okay? That's my fucking sister and if I ever hear you speak ill about her a nosebleed is not all that I'll give you!"

"Luke calm down."

"Look man-"

"My patience is wearing thin. Don't even bother explaining yourself. You're a disgusting man-no boy that hasn't been brought up properly if that is your morals and how you think."

"Well said." My sister slipped into the seat next to me and embraced me tightly. "I'll slap you if you speak of me like that again." She directed at Kaden. "I'm not afraid of some puny boys like you."

"Why would you be? You have me. They wouldn't dare lay a finger on you."

She let go of me and rolled her eyes, "and my many bodyguards." She added on. "And also my wrath is pretty scary."

"You're like a feisty puppy." I nodded with a light tone, trying to dismiss Kaden's comment that kept badgering me.

"You keep believing that brother, in some ways I'm like mother, can I have £10 please?, but on the other hand I'm not so scary."

"Stop asking me for money." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you have enough?" Kaden spoke snidely and we both whipped our heads towards him.

"Why do you feel as if you have the right to intervene into our conversation?" My tone was clipped and my patience was wearing thin.

"Whatever, all I was saying was isn't she already loaded? Aren't you both loaded? Don't you both live off your daddy?" His tone was one of mockery and my sister grabbed the sleeve of my jumper quite quickly when she saw me move. I was utterly infuriated by his words.

"Who the f-"

"Luke calm down. I'm sure he didn't mean it in that way at all." Kelsey gave him a pointed look and he shrugged. She gave me an apologetic smile as I looked at her offended, she-she was defending him...?

With absolute disbelief, envy and anger I glared at them both, my stony eyes fitting my unemotional stance. "Don't fucking butt your head in. This is non of your bloody business." I lashed out.

"Luke-" Kelsey tried.

"I get it. He's your damn boyfriend or whatever the fuck but, I. Do. Not. Give. A. Shit. My sister and I will not fucking be insulted like that. So stick your nose out of my fucking business or I swear to god-"

"Luke's that's enough." My sister's stern voice made me stop and Kelsey looked as if she was on the brim of tears. I paused and frowned seeing her like that, thinking over my actions slowly. "Come on." She pulled me to stand up and I followed her leaving them all behind.

••••••••••••••••••••••
OH, MY GOD. I've realised we're nearly on 30 and the plot isn't even moving forward. DAMN IT.

This chapter is dedicated to @jigijire for their lovely comments about this book. Thank you!

To be dedicated to leave a nice/funny comment and don't forget to drop a vote!

Till next time,
                Sadia👽🐍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 55 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
13.8K 415 15
(DISCONTINUED) 'A young girl has just been living her life normally; until she turned thirteen--the age where you can find your soulmate. That was w...
9K 638 14
Soulmate AU where the first words your soulmate says to you appears as a tattoo on your body when you turn 18. Laska Belle is vacationing in Hawaii...