Jilted at the Altar

nav_k21

Ariella Marie Clark knew before she could even walk that one day she was going to walk down the aisle to marr... Еще

Author's Note
Author's Note II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Note
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Five

7.1K 177 2
nav_k21

Four Years Later.

Kaden fixed the collars of his shirt as he glanced at the time. They had a dinner date tonight and he didn't want to be late. The past four years had been the best years of his life. He had started his bachelor in technology at Columbia and Ariella had also been accepted at Columbia after high school for the bachelors in business administration program. They had spent so many memorable moments together. He had fallen deeper in love with her with each passing day. Even Aaron had warmed up to him and trusted him with Ariella but they had again hit a rough patch when he had asked Ariella to move in with him. Kaden moved into a penthouse near Columbia when he had started there. So when Ariella started her first year, he had asked her to move in with her. However Aaron was not at all comfortable with this decision.

"What do you mean you want to move in with him?" Aaron said as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Dad..." Ariella had walked up to him and held his hands. Kaden had stayed behind. He hate to put his godfather through this. He knew Aaron was over protective about Ariella. He watched as Ariella guided him to the sofa and sat down next to him.

"Dad I am an adult now. Sooner or later I would move out. Kaden and I have been together for over two years now."

"Look Ari if you want to move out, I am alright with it. How about we look into other properties around Columbia?"

"Aaron" Three of them looked towards the study door as Elaine walked in, her white coat folded over her arm, her stethoscope still around her neck.

Kaden watched as Aaron got up and moved towards Elaine, the love he held for her reflected in his eyes.

Kaden was lucky he grew up around his father and Aaron who treated the women they love with such respect and devotion. He wanted him and Ariella to have the same love and devotion as they progressed further into their life.

"What is going on now?" Elaine asked as she walked up to Kaden and hugged him.

"Ariella and I want to move in together"

"Oh" Elaine smiled and faced Aaron. "I can see where my husband is having trouble with that"

"Elaine...they don't need to move in just yet."

"Mom..." Ariella shot a pleading look to her mother.

"I will talk to your father. Don't worry. Now why don't you both head out and make the arrangements for Ariella to move in" Elaine laughed.

Kaden and Ariella left the room while Aaron ranted about how they would be sharing a bed and staying together 24/7 and Elaine reasoning with him.

Now they had been living together for two years. They had become the air they breathed for each other. However this year in fall he was heading to Harvard for his post graduation. He had applied for a combined program in master and PhD in engineering and micro technology. Ariella still had a year left of her bachelors at Columbia. Kaden hated the idea of moving away to Boston and imagining Ariella all alone here. Azalea had also moved to Paris after high school to pursue her education and career in fashion designing.

Kaden heard the shower turn off in the washroom. Ariella stepped out tightening the knot of her bathrobe.

She paused and feasted on the sight in front of her. Kaden was wearing a light grey button down shirt with blue denims. She woke up every day to his smile and kiss and even after being with him for all these years she found it hard to believe that this man was all hers. They had their share of fights, some worse than others but they always came around, learning from their mistakes and compromising.

"Like what you see?"

"I am enjoying the view alright Mr. Steele"

"I can say the same for myself Ms. Clark" Kaden said as he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her slender body. He feathered kisses on her shoulder and nuzzled her neck.

Ariella's body zinged from his touch, every nerve in her body becoming a live wire.

"I am going to miss you so much" Kaden whispered as he kissed her forehead.

"But it is only a year. We will meet whenever we can. I will apply to Harvard Business for my MBA" Ariella said, her heart fluttering. She loathed the distance that was going to come between them. Kaden was her home.

"We will work this out Ari. Don't worry sweetheart"

"I love you" Ariella said as she caressed his face.

"You should get ready now. We will be late"

Ariella stepped into the walk in closet and removed her robe. Kaden stepped in behind her.

"You are planning on making us late aren't you?" Ariella asked as she slipped into her undergarments.

"Nah, I am going to help so we don't get late." Kaden muttered as he traced her spine with his fingers. Ariella sucked in a sharp breath.

Kaden gently pushed her against the wall, kissing her passionately.

"Kaden..."

"Which dress my love?" He whispered in her ear.

"The one kept aside" Ariella stuttered. Kaden strode across the wardrobe and took the floral printed white summer dress Ariella's shaky hand was pointing towards.

He helped her step into the dress. He held on to the zipper and placed a kiss between her shoulder blades.

"You are mine Ari" He said as he zipped up her dress and pressed her back against his chest.

Ariella turned around and pulled his head down for a soul searing kiss.

"Forever and ever" She whispered as she pulled back.

-------------

"Oh my god! Kaden!" Ariella exclaimed as Kaden helped her out of the car.

Ariella looked at the small diner situated at the exit from the highway. It was the diner where Kaden had brought her for a date the night she graduated from high school. That night it had been crowded with people bustling in and out but right now it was quiet. A glow emitted from inside the diner.

"Come on" Kaden smiled and placed his hand on the small of her back, guiding her towards the entrance.

"Mr. Steele, Ms. Clark" The diner owner Russell Grant welcomed them. Kaden had booked the diner for tonight all to themselves.

Ariella looked at the candles lighting up the place. She remembered when she had come here the night of graduation. Kaden had gifted her beautiful necklace and they had talked about moving in together and her joining Columbia.

A table was set up for two. Kaden helped her out of the denim jacket she had paired with her dress and handed it the waiter with his own leather one.

"You never cease to amaze me" Ariella said as she sat down while Kaden held open the door.

They finished dinner and walked back to the car hand in hand.

"Thank you for tonight" Ariella said.

"The night has not ended yet, love"

"What?"

Kaden opened the car door and pulled the latch for the trunk of the car. It popped open and inside was two briefcases.

"We are going away for the weekend"

"Where?"

"Arietta

Ariella jumped and threw her arms around Kaden's neck and he twirled her around.

On the graduation day after their date at the diner, they had spent a weekend in this beautiful secluded cabin, which had been one of the most magical getaways for them. They had rented a beautiful cabin by Piseco Lake in Arietta, upstate New York. It was there, that they had made love for the first time and consummated their physical relationship.

They drove to the small private helipad from where they took a helicopter to Arietta as it was nearly a four hour drive by car.

"It is the same cabin!" Ariella exclaimed as she turned to face Kaden who was walking behind her with the luggage. The cabin had an almost open floor plan with one large area serving as kitchen, dining room and living room. There were two bedrooms with one attached bathroom in the middle to the side. It had large open windows which emitted a soft glow of light at this time. It was almost 9 o clock at night when they settled in.

"I can't believe this! I thought we were just going out for dinner" Ariella said as walked through the living room back out to the porch.

Yesterday Kaden had told her that they should go out for dinner as the past week had been hectic with Ariella finishing her exams and Kaden wrapping up his documents and applications for his masters. Ariella had assumed they would go out to one of their regular date places but Kaden had surprise her with this beautiful plan.

"I promised you love that I would give you so many moments to cherish and each one of them memorable in their own way"

"I love you so much Kaden Steele" Ariella whispered as Kaden picked her up bridal style and carried her to a small setup of chairs and table that had wine and a light snack by the lake side.

"I love you more Ariella. More than my own life. You are my heart and soul, sweetheart. Without you I would cease to exist." Kaden said as he gently placed her on the chair.

"Kaden..." Ariella whispered, tears in her eyes.

Kaden got down on one knee and pulled out a red Cartier box.

Ariella gasped as she stood up.

"Ariella Marie Clark, I can't imagine spending my life any other way besides loving you and protecting you for as long I shall breathe. Will you marry me?"

 Comment and Vote. Please!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Eternal Whispers Ava

Любовные романы

63 7 11
Join Kyeler Johns, a woman of fierce determination, as she navigates the treacherous waters of a forced marriage to the enigmatic billionaire, Adrian...
Unexpected Love Curiouswords27

Любовные романы

6.3K 378 48
Have you ever experienced the love that strikes at the most unexpected place, like the arrow of cupid went haywire, or like the love potion you made...
Night Has Come Lucky Stars

Любовные романы

834 39 16
Taylor stood in front of the mirror, watching as the reflection of a stranger stared back at her. Gone was the vivacious young woman who once believe...
Sunless Sky June553

Любовные романы

99 0 12
The life of Sophie Harris was a kind that some can only dream of from being rich to beautiful and with a perfectly equal fiance. But only she knows h...