I Actually Married A Muslim!

By InkMonTima

************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something... More

WAIT A SEC!
1:Meetings, Greetings, & 1st Impressions
2: Dating Ahmeds VS Dating Johns
3: You Get Married
4: Faith, Fate, and Fear.
6: Jenny Meets Sarah
7: Culture VS Religion
8: Sarah Saleh Weak Version
9: Build it, Then take it Down
10: Curiosity killed the cat
11: Purely Awkward ELectrons
12: Praying to the Wrong God
13: The True One
14: Zones & Islamophobes
15: Google Is No Fun
16: This is it.
17: Only Sarah
18:Satisfaction brought it back
19: Lower Your Gaze
20: You're her BROTHER??
21: Unexpected Reply
22: "What if" Headache

5: Not Usually This Accident Prone!

3.3K 210 178
By InkMonTima

Chapter 5: Not Usually This Accident Prone!

A/N you can skip and not read this but I just want to thank you guys...this story is #238 on spiritual...I legit gasp everytime I realize that people are actually reading this...over 600 reads? Thank you ... You've no idea what this means to me! Also , I wanted to say sorry if this chapter is lame or something... I'm kinda in a depressed mood so it'll be tough for me to write. But I don't want to update late or such. Last but not least, let's all pray for the victims of the Florida (parkland) highschool mass shooting. Florida is where I come from. I hate that such a thing would happen in such a beautiful state. God be with us all. I'm feeling so broken and hopeless at the moment my only aim is to survive.

Now , if you read this , thank you

Read on:

I don't know if I'm the only one , but do you guys ever worry about someone more than they actually worry about themselves?

I might sound crazy, but the only thing I did last night was toss and turn in my covers.

I kept thinking about how Sarah was coping after hearing that heartbreaking news yesterday.

I mean, it's only normal. Right?

Right?

You know what , it doesn't even matter if you say that it isn't normal or something.

I think it's normal, and since this is my life , my opinion matters more than anything else.

Call me a self-centered jerk or whatever makes you feel happy.

So, back to our topic, me not sleeping well (more like not at all), also meant that me having a morning full of accidents was expected.

The first accident being me spilling coffee on my suit, at work, right in front of Sarah.

"Holy mother of Jesus!" I hissed, rushing to get some tissues or anything that would rid me of that stupid dark stain.

"Jesus is God, isn't he? According to you , I mean..." Sarah questioned, cocking her head to the side.

"Yes." I hissed and rubbed frantically at the stain.

My pounding headache begged her not to start a spiritual debate.

"Then how come he has a mother? I mean , if she's God's mother... Shouldn't she be the God then...?" She rambled.

"Jesus Christ, Sarah! Why do you keep questioning everything about my religion! I've already told you, it's not like I know everything about it! I'm not a priest or a pastor I'm just me!" I snapped, "plus, you seem in a happy mood. After what happened yesterday...I thought..."

"They didn't all die." She whispered.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"They... They all died... Except for my cousin...the one I'm engaged to... He's in the ICU and he might...he might survive..." She pressed her lips in a tight line.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's marrying her cousin.

I guess he's not blood related, just adopted.

I guess people in Alabama do even worse so it's okay.

"I'm so happy for you Sarah!" I beamed, "I mean ... I'm not happy they died..but.. I'm happy he's alive..."

But she's engaged.

She nodded. Just when she was about to speak again, we were interrupted abruptly.

"You two better get to work! This isn't the place for flirting around!" Jin said.

She was one of our work colleagues, a 23 year old, hardworking, amazing employee from korean origin.

"We're not flirting." Sarah deadpanned, before getting back to the plans and clusters of paper infront of her.

I sighed and headed to my desk.

Of course we're not flirting.  She's engaged.  She's going to marry him.

I'd snapped at Sarah just because I hadn't slept all night and my caffeine ditched me when I needed it the most.

I shouldn't even blame her, she was only asking questions that totally made sense.

Except that I myself didn't know the answers to them.

I'd told her that I wasn't a priest or something.

The thing is, I'd asked countless priests about such matters.

It was tough, following a religion that was so hazy and unclear.

They'd given me dozens of different answers.

"I Don't get it. How can Jesus be God...and man...at the same time?" I'd asked one of them when I was 18 years of age.

"He used to be God. Then he changed to man." He had answered.

"And the universe was left unattended when he became human? Without a God? And Why did he become human...?" It didn't make sense to me, so I kept on pressing on.

"Son. I'm sorry but I've got more important things to tend to than seek the answers to a kids questions." Was what he'd said.

He could've just told me that he didn't have the answers.

And that's when it hit me hard. They each had different answers. They never once held the Bible and told me that this is what God said about the Matter. They'd just answer from their own thoughts and opinions, thinking that that was good enough.

I then learned that it was better to not trust what any of the priests said.

Instead, I took to making my own theories and clinging to them.

It was stupid, I know, it was like I was making up my own religion.

But wasn't that what they were doing too?

Why were there so many different versions of the Bible if it was the word of God?

Surely God wasn't the one who made all those versions...?

I shook my head and groaned. I shouldn't be questioning my religion.  I shouldn't be doubting my faith.

And that's when the second stupid accident happened.

I was taking the stairs to the 2nd floor when my foot just decided to slip and Bambabammm! I was tripping down the stairs only to land right infront of the CEO of our company.

With a stain on my suit.

After falling down on my butt a couple of steps.

Perfect way to get a promotion, yeah?

"Good afternoon you- , Sir." I said with a tight smile, standing up and brushing my suit.

I'd almost called him your highness.

That would've been awesome. Hint the sarcasm.

Nice. A 24 year old man using sarcasm.

Great. Just great.

Again, hint the sarcasm.

******************

I was deadbeat tired when I got home later that day.

I unlocked my apartment , chucked my suit in the laundry basket and headed for the shower.

And since it was obvious that I was more than a bit accident prone that day, me forgetting the apartment door open should've been totally expected.

As I was letting the water run down my body, standing in my full naked glory, someone suddenly let out a shrill scream.

"Ahhhhhhh!" Yelled the person,Which only caused me to yell louder.

For around two seconds, we managed to run a competition on who could yell the loudest.

And then I managed to clear my shampoo filled eyes, wrap the curtain around the lower half of my body, and finally take a peak at the mysterious screaming intruder.

"Jenny? What are you doing here?"

_______________

Minor edits on 2/17/24

Hol'up hol'up hol'up....was that a cliffhanger right there? Dunno...wonder who Jenny is though? ;) ;)

Muslim Fact of The day (MFD) :
Muslims often say "AstaghfiruAllah" when they feel like they have done wrong. Or around random speech sometimes.

It means: I ask forgiveness of Allah/God.

AstaghfiruAllah.

Next chapter should be due on FEBRUARY 24 , (AST)

Maybe earlier~ you never know ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.7K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...