One Day ~Bucky Barnes~

By Sadie_Hook

Despite her great fondess and love for her boyfriend Bucky that wasn't going to stop her from yelling at him... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The SSR
Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1
Chapter 4: Unexpected Family Reunion
Chapter 6: Only the Good Die Young
Chapter 7: Black Crows
Chapter 8: The Last Standing
Chapter 9: Waking the Sleeping Soldier
Chapter 10: Avengers Assemble
Chapter 11: Welcome to Asgard
Chapter 12: A Homoscidal Robot
Chapter 13: You found me
Chapter 14: This is War
Chapter 15: Readjusting
Chapter 16: Fixing Burnt Bridges
Chapter 17: The Gangs All Here
Chapter 18: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 19: Blue vs. Red
Chapter 20: Drunken Stories
Chapter 21: All Hell Breaks Loose
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: The Next Step
Chapter 24: One Day At Last
Chapter 25: White Picket Fence
Tagged
Thank You
A New Story

Chapter 5: The Howling Comandos

6.9K 119 36
By Sadie_Hook

Bucky liked to think he was doing fairly well in the army. He was a good leader and made a friend of everyone in his unit, so when the 107th got captured by Hydra he felt extremely guilty. He was almost glad when two Hydra soldiers came in and took him away. It was better it was him instead of one of the other soldiers.

Bucky was taken to a room with nothing but a metal chair. He was forced into it and strapped down much to the struggle of Bucky. He thrashed around trying to break free until one of the soldiers stuck a syringe into Bucky's neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky woke up confused and in a great deal of pain. His mind was foggy but he remembered bits and flashes. Needles, lots of them, along with knives, and assortment of other things used for torture. Bucky also recalled a Doctor, short and wore classes. He injected Bucky with something, although it didn't seem to have any effects. The whole time he was being tortured Bucky only thought of one thing, or person that is. His Jay Bird how he wanted so much to hold her in his arms and kiss her. He missed her an awful lot and he be damned if he was going to die out her without seeing her. He promised her one day and he was damn sure going to keep it. Even if it meant being drugged and tortured a little longer. His head was foggy as he thought of his love back home. Bucky was so out of it that he didn't notice his childhood friend walk into the room. He kept mumbling Sergeant. 3-2-5-5-7. He didn't realize Steve was even there until he started to untie him.

"Steve?" Bucky asks groggily.

This couldn't be his friend. His friend was short and back in Brooklyn. This man couldn't possibly be Steve. Maybe the stuff they injected in Bucky was making him see things.

Bucky however wasn't seeing things as Steve helped him stand. He held him by his shoulder and checked for any visible injuries on Bucky. "I thought you were dead." Steve mumbles after a while.

"I thought you were smaller." Bucky blurts out.

Hearing gunshots Steve looks around the room. His eyes landing on a map of the Hydra bases. He studies it for a second longer before helping Bucky get out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline had not heard from Bucky in 2 weeks and it was driving her mad. Not to mention Steve , better known as Captain America, was supposed to be at the base trying to give some relief to the troops. Captain America became Steve's stage name as he went out to promote the war efforts with the Senator.  Jacqueline had planned to talk to him after his show but he had mysteriously disappeared. When she asked Peggy about it the next day the redhead simply brushed her off and claimed to have SSR work she had to attend to.

Frustrated Jacqueline marched over to the only person she knew she could get information from. Once she found him she pulled him away from everyone by his ear.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Jack let me go!" Howard cries. Once far enough away Jacqueline let go of the scientist. "What was that for?" He questions rubbing his ear.

"Where's Steve!" She demands.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Howard stammers looking at the ground.

"Cut the B.S Howard. You're a bad liar and everyone knows it."

"Fine! Steve went to go save your boyfriends unit. Behind enemy lines, a suicide mission if you ask me."

"What?!" Jacqueline screeches.

Howard's face pales, "Shit I shouldn't have told you that."

With fire in her eyes Jacqueline storms up towards the Colonel Phillips' tent. She didn't get very far though as there were a mob of people in the way. There was cheering and clapping which Jacqueline didn't understand why. Huffing she shoved her way through the crowd of men before reaching the center to see what all the fuss was about. She soon stopped short once she saw who was in the middle of the circle.

A cry escaped her lips making the two men glance at her. With tears in her eyes she launched herself at the dark hair soldier, crashing her lips to his. "I missed you so much James." Jacqueline says hugging and kissing him.

"I did too Jackie. I missed you so much. I love you Jay Bird." Bucky replies tightening his grip on her, afraid that she would disappear.

"What am I chopped liver?" Steve laughs.

Jacqueline pulls away and smiles up at her brother, "No you're my brother. Stupid and reckless but my brother nonetheless."

She pulls both her brother and boyfriend in a hug glad that they are both safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline didn't like bars. They were noisy, crowded, and full of drunk idiotic men that would hit on anything with two legs and a skirt. But she put up with the bar scene for Bucky and Steve. After Steve's little rescue mission the whole unit went to the local bar to relax and have fun. Steve had pulled Bucky, along with 4 other soldiers, one of them being Timothy Dugan, who Jacqueline had meet previously as Bucky introduced him as Dum Dum.

She knew what Steve was asking them to do and she didn't like it one bit. After rescuing Bucky, Steve mentioned seeing a map and was able to point where every Hydra base was. So Steve had the brilliant idea to form a team to wipe all of the bases off the map, and the men who Steve was speaking to were the ones he wanted on it.

Sipping her drink she made eye contact with Bucky and smirked. He excused himself and made his way over to her.

"I was beginning to think I would never get to talk to you," Jacqueline smiles.

"I couldn't leave my best girl," Bucky says wrapping his arms around her.

"I hope I'm your only girl." She replies kissing his cheek and sets her drink down, "So I'm guessing you agreed to follow Captain America to the jaws of death?"

Bucky turns Jacqueline around so he can look into her eyes. "I'm not following the Captain America. I'm following the little guy from Brooklyn."

"Good because I am following the little guy too." She says and begins to walk away from the bar but Bucky catches her wrist.

"What do you mean you're following him?"

"If you think for a second I'm going to let you and Steve risks your life without me, you're wrong." Bucky gives her a look to which she rolls her eyes. "Come on Bucky, I'll be fine. I can defend myself just fine, not to mention I am a super soldier as well. And isn't two super soldiers better than one?"

"I hate when you're right. Steve's not going to like this."

"I'll deal with my older brother." She smiles, "But for now you owe me a dance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After much convincing and pleading Steve finally let Jacqueline be part of the Howling Commandos. Bucky and Jacqueline were walking around, catching up on the months they were apart.

"So you're a super soldier too.I guess that explains you knew found height." Bucky jokes.

"I am, it doesn't feel that different. The height to some getting used to though." Jacqueline chuckles nervously, "My appearance to was an adjustment. Now I get stared at and cat called all the time."

Bucky swings there hands back and forth as they walk, "Well just tell them you're mine." He stops and kisses her, "Besides you were always beautiful the serum didn't change that."

"Hey Jack," a voice behind them calls and the couple turns to see Howard running toward them.

Bucky swallowed before plastering on a smile. He trusted Jacqueline but didn't like her around the celebrity. He was very bold and flirty and although Jacqueline never acknowledged his attempts it still made Bucky uneasy. And how he called her Jack drove him insane. What kind of nickname was that? It was a boys name and it didn't fit his Jay Bird. So putting an arm tightly around Jacqueline's waist, he says, "Hey Stark."

"Looks like someone's over protective," Howard smirks before turning to Jacqueline, "Agent Rogers you needed in the bunker SSR business."

Jacqueline turns towards Bucky and kisses him on the cheek. "I'll see you later Buck." Before following Howard to the bunker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline was discussing with Howard about how to design Steve's suit when 4 gunshots came from the room next to them. They quickly rushed over to see what happened only to find a pissed off Peggy and Steve holding a metal shield with 4 scuff marks on it. Peggy quickly sets the gun down and states, "Yes, I think it works." and turns on her heel leaving the room.

"What the hell did you do Steve?" Jacqueline asks.

"I don't know?' Steve shrugs.

Jacqueline sighs and shakes her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Howling Commandos were on yet another mission destroying Hydra bases. Jacqueline had been fighting with the Howling Commandos for about a year, destroying Hydra bases left and right. Jacqueline and Steve were both on the ground fighting Hydra agents when the one fighting Steve drops dead followed by the one fighting Jacqueline. Both siblings turn around to where Bucky, the team's sniper, was stationed taking down Hydra agents from above.

Steve smiles and salutes him to Bucky to which Bucky quickly scrambles up and walks away. Jacqueline turns and slaps Steve on the arm, "You moron you just can't give away Bucky's position like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mission was successful and Steve only gave away Bucky's position one more time. However not everyone escaped unscathed. Jacqueline had gotten shot twice in her right shoulder and broke at least 2 ribs, saving Steve's ass she added explaining her injuries to Bucky. Even with the serum it was going to take her awhile to heal which meant no missions for a while.

She was sitting under the tree on the base worrying out of her mind. It was the first mission of the Howling Commandos that she wasn't apart of and not knowing whether Bucky or Steve were or if they were safe drove her mad.

There was a shuffling as Howard sits down next to her. "How are you Jack?"

She shrugs, "Fine just nervous. I don't know if Bucky or Steve is ok."

"I'm sure they're fine. They can take care of themselves. They're grown men after all."

"They can be exceedingly reckless especially Steve."

"I've noticed," Howard laughs, "Say that boyfriend of yours, Bucky, doesn't like me very much."

"He's just over protective, and your flirtatious manner doesn't help."

"I'm just messing around, besides you not my type. You more like a sister to me."

"I'll be sure to tell Bucky that."

They sit in silence for a little bit and a black crow sat a few ways away from them. Jacqueline sighs, "You ever here the Crow counting rhyme?"

"No what's that?"

"It's a poem, I read somewhere. It goes,

One for sorrow.

Two for mirth.

Three for a wedding,

And four for a birth.

Five for silver.

Six for gold,

And seven for a secret never to be told."

"Jack you're reading to much into this. It's just one crow, it doesn't mean anything. You worry to much."

"I can't help it." She shrugs.

"If you keep worrying so much you'll get worry lines."

"Oh shut up Stark!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 5.8K 91
Allison Smith born 1924. Anyone who walked passed her in the streets would think she was just as generic as her name. She was a stunningly pretty gir...
81.9K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
220K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
27.5K 895 30
*Very mature content*Altered timeline* Following a heart wrenching break up with Bucky Barnes, Juno Donahue has quit the Avenger's and Shield for goo...