Boys Don't Cry

ColonelMustard69 által

Strong language, violence and contents some people might find upsetting. Több

Boys Don't Cry
Chapter Two - Three years later.
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight - 2 Weeks Later.
Chapter nine - one week later
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter Twenty Seven

23 1 0
ColonelMustard69 által

I walk over to the dresser, folding up the rest of my clothes and ramming them in the bottom drawer. I close it and take a few steps back, admiring my new, clean room. The wardrobe is full, both dressers are full and the bathroom is loaded with all my own shampoo, soap and toothpaste. I'm finally all settled in to my room - it's only taken three hours, not including the break I took for lunch. I sit on my bed and take out my phone, opening a message from Hayley.

Have you asked your dad about tomorrow? x

I remember Jacob is throwing a party tomorrow to celebrate me moving in with my Dad. I slide off my bed and make my way to the living room, where my Dad and Amelia are watching TV. they both turn to look at me as I walk in.

"Hey." I say happily. My dad flashes a quick smile.

"All done?" He asks, turning away from the TV. I smile and nod. He smiles back again.

"So, you Know this is a huge event in my life and I'm really happy? Well my friend Jacob is throwing a party tomorrow night, for me of course and obviously it would be awesome if I could go but like, obviously I'd have to ask you guys If I can go." I say, hoping they'll say yes. My Dad looks at me with a blank expression. He nudges Amelia, who's nestled in to him, already looking at me, she raises an eyebrow and nods, he then looks back at me and takes a deep breath.

"No Alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, you stay out of trouble and you better be home by midnight - and that's a special exception for tomorrow. Every other night you be in by nine-thirty. Understand?" He says with a serious look. I nod.

"Yes, thank you." My face breaks in to a smile and I take a seat on the sofa across from them and join them watching TV. I don't even know what I'm watching but I take out my phone and text Hayley.

I can go I'll be at yours for six x

My head slams in to the wall, a strong, hard fist is thrown at me several times. I try to avoid it - but I fall to the floor instead, making myself more vulnerable. I see blood on the floor beside me, a lot of it. My mouth fills with it as I scream for help, I start to put all my energy in to screaming, hoping someone will come this time. The familiar breeze meets my body and then the same pain comes immediately after. I scream again and again, crying as loud as I can. I hear someone shout my name in the distance, although it's not my mother - she never comes. I feel gentle hands on my shoulders and the unknown person shouts my name again.

I shoot up, sitting bolt upright. The sweat is pouring off me again, my face meets with my Fathers. His hands firmly on my shoulders. I'm sleepy, and not really aware of what's going on. The light is on and Amelia is standing at the door, holding Oscar by the collar. She and my Dad both look extremely concerned.

"She didn't come." I whisper, unaware of what I'm saying.

"It was just a dream." My dad reassures me, Rubbing my shoulders. I shake my head sleepily.

"It was real. She didn't come, she didn't help me. She let him..." I stutter incoherently, tears dribbling from my eyes. My Dad wraps his arms around me and pulls me in to his shoulder, a couple of minutes later, I fall back on to my pillow and my duvet is placed over me again, my eyes shut without hesitation.

A wet, slimy object rubs across my face, I open my eyes, only to be greeted my Oscars tongue. My hand pushes him away, as I climb out of bed and walk to the bathroom, my hand reaches immediately to turn the shower on. I climb in and my body catches the hot water. When I climb out, I reach for the towel and walk in to my bedroom, I throw on a red, long sleeved t-shirt and old blue jeans, along with grey trainers. My phone tells me it's 10:37. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, helping myself to toast and jam. I'm in the middle of pouring myself some apple juice when Amelia walks in behind me.

"Good morning." She says, smiling. She looks like she's been up for a while and she probably has. "How you feeling?" She asks, I'd forgotten all about last night, but she obviously hasn't. I nod and finish off my toast.

"I'm fine. Sorry about that. They're not always that bad." I say back, trying to brush it off.

"Don't you dare apologise, it's not something to feel sorry about. How often to they happen?" She enquires, giving me the same concerned face as she did last night.

"Three or four times a week, maybe." I shrug, trying to make it sound like no big deal. "Where's Dad?" I ask, attempting to change the subject.

"He's had to go in to work for an hour or two, he should be back by lunch time." She says, setting a salad off the side and preparing small potatoes. "You know, Michael. If you ever want to discuss anything, that you don't feel comfortable speaking to your dad about, I'm a very good listener." She says, giving me a small, friendly smile. I nod and smile.

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind." I grab a piece of tomato from the bowl of salad and throw it in to my mouth. Then I help Amelia finish making lunch, we're just about to plate up when the door swings open and my Dad walks in, he smiles at us and embraces Amelia, they kiss and do all the usual couple stuff and I finish putting everything on the table. We all sit down and start eating, my Dads eyes are locked on me, I get up from the table and start to put things in the dishwasher, when he walks up behind me.

"You ok?" He asks, looking concerned. I try not to take my eyes off the dishwasher.

"Yeah." I mutter, ramming the last dish in to the dishwasher and closing it. I walk over to the table and pick up my glass, I refill it with orange juice.

"You sure? You worried me last night." He says, refusing to drop the topic.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I say. Putting my now empty glass in the dishwasher too. "No one normally hears."

My Dad pats me on the shoulder, and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"You don't need to apologise, it's nothing to be sorry about. I don't mind. I just worry about whether you're ok or not." I smile.

"I'm fine, it'll stop eventually, they don't even bother me." I keep smiling. That's the truth they honestly don't bother me that much. I walk through to the living room and switch on the TV, the news is on. I sit on the sofa and run my hand through Oscars fur. I think about Hayley, I'll see her tonight. I decide to phone her and she picks up almost straight away.

"Hey, is everything ok?" She asks sounding concerned.

"Yeah everything's great. I miss you so much though." I say, noticing my dad has walked in and sat down.

"I miss you too, I'll see you tonight though."

"That's no use. I miss you now haha."

"You can come over early you know, and I still need to come over and see your house."

"You should come over soon, I can't wait to show you my bedroom, the bed is extremely bouncy, although you'll get to see for yourself soon enough." I forget my Father is in the room and I look over at him, only to find out he is already looking at me. "Anyway, Beautiful. I'll see you later on. I'll come round about five. I say, quickly changing the subject.

"Okay. I love you so much." She says.

"I love you too." I say before hanging up and putting my phone back in my pocket. My Dad is still looking at me, but I try to ignore his stare.

"Be careful." He says sternly.

"It was just a joke." I say, defending myself. He shakes his head.

"We both know that was not a joke." He keeps shaking his head and we both burst out laughing. "Just get condoms or something."

"Yeah, ok. I will." I say, hoping he drops this extremely awkward subject. After an hour of watching TV, I realise it's half past three. I go upstairs and in to my room, opening my wardrobe, my hands wander across my grey, checked, long-sleeved shirt. I lay it on my bed and take out my familiar beige chinos, then I take another shower and brush my teeth again, Striding back in to my bedroom, and coating myself in deodorant I pull on my clothes. Then I spray my favourite aftershave, I don't really need to make an effort with my hair - It already looks ok in my opinion.I take a quick look in the mirror to confirm I look ok, and then I make my way downstairs. I run in to Amelia in the foyer. She smiles at me.

"You look handsome. Who's the lucky girl and when do I get to meet her properly?" She laughs. I laugh too.

"Soon." I say, slightly embarrassed. I look and the ground and back to Amelia.

"Behave tonight, don't let us down, we're trusting you." She says seriously.

"I promise." I say, nodding and smiling. She takes my face in her hands and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I walk in to the kitchen where my dad is reading a newspaper. He stops and looks at me.

"When you leaving?" He asks.

"Probably in about five minutes." I say, fiddling with my sleeves.

"Do you need anything to take? Money? Condoms?" He questions, looking at his watch.

"No thanks. Got everything I need, should be ok." I say, avoiding his stare. A few minutes later I stand up and fix my collar.

"See you later." I say, walking out.

"Please behave." I hear him say behind me.

"I will." I reassure him.

"Bye, sweetheart. Have fun." Amelia shouts.

Hayley and I walk in to Jacobs house, there's music playing and they building is jumping with people. We walk from room to room, trying to find Jacob himself. Eventually we find him in the back yard, he's holding a bottle of beer and holding hands with a girl. Although, I have no idea who she is. We walk up to him, he spots us and smiles. We exchange greetings and make small talk for a while, Hayley gets herself a drink, which I assume also has vodka in it. The night flies by as we talk and play drinking games, the later it gets, more and more people leave. Eventually just leaving me, Jacob and Hayley. I check the time, it's only quarter to ten and I don't have to leave for another hour and forty five minutes. The atmosphere is relaxed, when Jacob clears his throat and turns to face me.

"So what's it like living with your dad and his wife?" He asks, taking a sip of beer. I think for a minute before answering.

"It's different, I think I take the rules more seriously. Like, I don't want to disappoint him or Amelia because they're letting me live with them. But, it feels normal. I don't feel like a care kid anymore."

They both nod and Hayley smiles at me, while playing with the back of my hair and neck.

"When can I come and see it?" Hayley asks, tilting her head.

"Tomorrow? Maybe, if my dads not busy." I say, taking a drink out of my can of Cola.

"Can I come too?" Jacob pipes up enthusiastically.

"Yeah, don't see why not." I mutter, taking another drink of my cola. We chat for another hour or so, and I make a decision to leave earlier, just to make sure I'm home in time. I begin the half an hour journey home, the walk drags on a while, although I know it's not any longer than half an hour. I walk up on to the porch and check the time it's 23:27 and I'm home early. I take my key out to open the door and walk inside only to be confronted by Oscar. Closing the door and bending down on my knees, I pet him for a minute or so, before walking in to the kitchen. My hands search for a glass and I pour some milk In to it, sipping it as quietly as I can. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn round quickly. It's my Dad. He looks quite happy to see me.

"You're home early." He says, putting a glass in to the dishwasher. "And sober, Not that I'm complaining." He finishes with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm tired." I say quietly, with a smile. We exchange good nights and I walk upstairs, stripping off my clothes and putting on pyjamas. Throwing myself on to the bed in an exhausted heap, Oscar curls up beside me and I fall asleep without hesitation.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

119K 3.1K 38
wander ; verb to move about without a fixed course , aim or goal . " im just living.." - r'monei
214K 5K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
84.5K 3.3K 7
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
271K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."