A Beautiful Mistake

By _letmekissyounialler

Katherine Carter was your average 16 year old. Except for the fact that her parents died when she was 12 and... More

Pinky Promise
New Home
One Direction Are Vacationing Where?
The Five Boys Next Door
The Box of Carrots
Better Luck Next Time
Best Friends?
Getting Their Numbers
Going for a Swim
That's One For Twitter
The Not So Girls Day
Bring It, Curly
Disneyland with the Boys
Under the Castle
He's Said What???
Singing and Sluts
Nightmares
Chocolate Chip Pancakes and the Beach
The Truth Comes Out
Sleepover
Broken
Thunderstorms
Killer Spiders
Ass of Holes
Movie Premiere
He'll Keep You Safe
Stupid Ex Boyfriend
Hospital on Fourth of July
Hearts Break. Circles go on Forever
Niall's Grand Slam
Heart to Heart with Zayn Malik
Good Night Kiss
Destructive Cookie Sheets
Freedom!
And So It Begins
Ash
What Are You Doing Here?
Can't Breathe
Goodbyes and New Beginnings?
Shopping Spree pt. 1
Shopping Spree pt. 2
Last Day
The Fun and Only
Down Right Cruel
A Fish Without Eyes
Zayn gets his Trousers Twisted
Annoying Buzz
Three Days
Payback is a Bitch

Niall Makes Me Fall

1.2K 15 1
By _letmekissyounialler

“WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!” Kody screamed.  What the hell is he screaming about now? I threw my covers off of me and trudged down the stairs with my crutches.  Erika was standing in the middle of living room holding her sides, laughing. Kody had the brightest pink hair I have ever seen. He stood there giving Erika a death glare.

“That’s what you get for fucking with me!” Erika laughed. I tried to hold in my laughter, but failed. I threw my head back letting it all out.

Kody opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by Liam, Harry, Niall, Zayn and Louis bursting through the front door.

“KATHERINE, ERIKA- what the fuck happened!?” They asked. Erika and I looked at each other and busted into fits of laughter. They boys looked at us as if we were high.

“Remember that monster mask from yesterday? Well I got Kody back by putting pink hair dye in his shampoo bottle!” Erika explained. The boys looked at Kody then back at Erika and started laughing.

“So what are you guys doing here?” I asked.

Niall smiled, “We just wanted to see you.”

“AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” Erika gushed. I turned around and glared at her. She winked in return. “OHMYGOSHKATIEWEHAVETOGOSHOPPING!!!!” Erika screamed.

“At least let me get dressed!” I said as I carefully made my way up the stairs. I pulled on a plain white  shirt after I set my crutches down. I grabbed a pair of shorts and pulled them over my cast first and slipped my other foot in. I brushed out my hair and applied some make up. Once I made myself presentable I walked back down the stairs. Erika was bouncing in her step by the door.

“Yay! MOM, KATIE AND I ARE GOING TO THE MALL!” Erika screamed. We were about to walk out the door when Kris jogged in, “Wait, wait! What time is your date, Katherine?”

“I’m coming to get her at 5:30.” Niall answered for me. I pulled out my phone from my pocket. It said it was 2:15.

“SHIT! We need to go Erika!!!” I hit her lightly to get her attention.

“Right. FOLLOW ME!” Erika screamed as she ran out the door. Kris followed behind me that way she could give us a ride. It was a ten minute ride to the mall. Kris dropped us off saying that she would come back at 3:30pm.

Erika and I set off to find something suitable for me to wear.  We walked around for a while before stopping in Tilly’s. Erika and I searched the racks.

“What were you thinking of wearing?” Erika asked me as she pulled out a shirt.

“Um I’m not sure. Niall didn’t tell me where we’re going.” I separated some shirts looking at them.

Erika put the shirt back on the rack, “Alright a dress.”

We looked through a few more racks, but we didn’t find anything. After about an hour of searching through about every store we found nothing. Not one thing!!!

“Wanna try Forever 21?” Erika sighed. I nodded as we walked into the store. I walked over to a random rack. Erika went to the one on the other side of me. I didn’t find anything so I walked to the other side of the store. I saw a soft orange floral dress sticking out on the hanger. I grabbed it and held it up in front of me.

“What about this?” I asked Erika from across the store.

Erika stood on her toes to see over the rail of clothes she was behind. “TRY IT ON!!!”

I walked to the dressing rooms with the dress in my hands. I took an open room and set my crutches in the corner.  I pulled the dress over my head letting it fall above my knees. I took it off and pulled on my other clothes. I walked out of the dressing room to Erika.

“This one.” I smiled. Erika smiled and led me to the check out line. I paid for my dress which as only fifteen dollars! I looked at my phone again, it was 3:45. Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Did the boys go back to their house?” Erika asked her mom. Kris pulled up in the drive way.

Kris nodded, “Yep, but you have about an hour and a half to get ready, Katherine.”

I got out of the car and made my way up to the front porch. I waited for Erika and Kris to open the door since I still don’t have a key…

Erika opened the door for me. I crutched my way to my room as fast as I could. I locked the bathroom door behind me. I turned on the water and stripped out of my clothes. I put a plastic bag over my cast that way it wouldn’t get wet. I washed my hair and shaved all under twenty minutes. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around me to dry myself off. I decided to blow dry the top of my hair and bangs so they wouldn’t get all crazy later. I slipped into my dress and let my wet ringlets fall around my shoulders. I walked out of the bathroom to the hallway.

“ERIKA CAN YOU DO MY MAKE-UP!?” I screamed. I hope she heard me. I am not about to go searching the house for her.

Erika ran up the stairs, “LETS DO THIS!”

Erika sat me in my chair, grabbed my make-up bag. “Natural right?”

“Yep.” I nodded. She pulled out everything she needed from the bag.

“Okay. Now shut up and close your eyes!” Erika laughed. I did as told and let her work her make-up magic.

Ten minutes later, Erika spun me around in my chair so I could see myself in the mirror. She applied a light brown shimmer eye shadow with some eyeliner on the bottom of my eyes. My eyelashes looked ten times longer and fuller.  In other words, I looked pretty amazing. I smiled and stood up to give Erika a hug.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!” I cried as I squeezed her to death.

“KATHERINE, NIALL IS HERE!!!” Kris yelled from downstairs.

Erika let go, handed me my crutches, and made me go down the stairs. When I made it to the bottom I could look up. Niall was standing in the entry way talking and laughing with Josh about something. Niall was wearing a red polo and jeans. He didn’t look too bad.. When he looked my way, his entire face lit up.

“Photo Op.!” Kris yelled. She pulled out her phone, ready to take a picture of Niall and I.

I got closer to Niall. I stood there awkwardly with my damn crutches while Niall had his arm around my shoulder. Kris snapped a couple pictures before finally letting us go.

“I’ll send them to you!” Kris called as we walked out the door.

Niall opened the car door for me and held my crutches as I got inside. Niall was about to close the door when Erika came running out.

Erika narrowed her eyes at Niall, “Have her home by 10 and nobody will get hurt.” Then she smiled, “Have fun!” She skipped back to the house.

I laughed and shook my head. Niall tossed my crutches in the back seat. He ran around the car and hopped in the driver’s seat.

“Here put this on.” Niall handed me a black cloth.

I took it, “A blindfold? Does it really have to be that secret??”

Niall smiled, “Come on, please?”

I gave in. “Fine.” I fake glared. Niall laughed as I tied the cloth around my eyes. When I was done, Niall grabbed my hand and started to drive to our destination.

We drove for what seemed like hours. I couldn’t tell exactly because I’m very impatient… The car finally stopped.  Niall let go of my hand and got out of the car. He opened my door, giving me his hand again to help me out.  He put my crutches under my arms.

“We’re almost there.” Niall whispered. He put his hand on the small of my back to lead me where ever it is we’re going.

“Niall, I swear. If you make me run into a tree or something…” I semi threatened.

Niall laughed, “I would never let that happen.”

We walked a few more feet when Niall stopped. “Okay we’re here.” He untied the blindfold.  A picnic set beneath a tree was set. There was a basket on the blanket and a guitar. It looked perfect. The sun was just starting to set which made it look totally romantic. Oh gosh, I sound like one of those dumb blondes.

I turned to Niall. He was waiting for my reaction. I smiled as I pulled him into a hug.

“Are you hungry?” He asked through my hair.

I let go, “Starving!”

He started leading me to the blanket, “Great! ‘Cause I make some pretty amazing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.”

When we reached the blanket, I tossed my dumb crutches to the side and sat. Niall laughed as he pulled out some sandwiches.  He handed me one and I immediately dug in. It tasted like I was in peanut butter and jelly heaven.

“Katie?” Niall asked. He already finished two sandwiches.

I swallowed my last bite, “Niall?”

Niall smiled, “You look beautiful.”

I smiled and looked down at my dress. I began playing with the hem. I’m not used to compliments. Especially from guys.

“Hey, lets take a picture!” Niall pulled out his Blackberry and scooted close to me. We took like two nice ones and about twenty other crazy ones.  Niall put his phone back in his pocket . He reached over and grabbed his guitar. He started strumming a very familiar tune.

“Let me tell you story.  About a girl and a boy

He fell in love with his best friend

When she's around, he feels nothing but joy

But she was already broken, and it made her blind

But she could never believe that love would ever treat her right

Did you know that I loved you or were you not aware?

You're the smile on my face

And I ain't going nowhere

I'm here to make you happy, I'm here to see you smile

I've been wanting to tell you this for a long while

Who's gonna make you fall in love?

I know you got your wall wrapped all the way around your heart

Don't have to be scared at all, oh, my love

But you can't fly unless you let yourself,

You can't fly unless you let yourself fall

Well, I can tell you're afraid of what this might do

Cause we got such an amazing friendship and that you don't wanna lose

Well, I don't wanna lose it either

I don't think I can stay sitting around while you're hurting babe, so take my hand

Well, did you know you're an angel who forgot how to fly?

Did you know that it breaks my heart every time to see you cry

Cause I know that a piece of you's gone

Every time he done wrong I'm the shoulder you're crying on

And I hope by the time that I'm done with this song that I figure out

Who's gonna make you fall in love?

I know you got your wall wrapped all the way around your heart

Don't have to be scared at all, oh, my love

But you can't fly unless you let yourself,

You can't fly unless you let yourself fall,

So fall in love

I know you got your wall wrapped all the way around your heart

Don't have to be scared at all, oh my love

But you can't fly unless you let yourself,

You can't fly unless you let yourself fall

I will catch you if you fall

If you spread your wings

You can fly away with me

But you can't fly unless you let your... let yourself fall” Niall finished off the song

Niall Horan just sang a whole Justin Bieber song to me. Oh my God. I smile as I throw my arms around him. That was the

“Niall that was amazing!” I shout. It really was! He hit every note perfectly.

“You really think so?” Niall asked as his arms snaked around my waist.

“Hell yea! You’re so talented!” I giggled.

Niall broke our hug, looking me deep in my blue eyes. "Katie, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." I looked back into his eyes, smiling. Our gaze never broke.

Niall took a deep breathe, "Will you... be my girlfriend?"

Wait, what? Did I hear him correctly?? His girlfriend... Hell! It's about freakin time!!

I felt the corners of my mouth go up. "Yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys! I had to end ther or else this chapter would be super duper long.. I'll start working on the next one tho :D Did you like it?? You should let me know, yeah? Hehehehehehe, I'm so proud of myself :')

OH YEAH, be prepared for some pretty crazy pranks ;)

Comment. Vote. Fan?? :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 4.2K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1K 77 8
Ngay từ lúc gặp nhau, Gemini và Fourth chẳng ưa nhau vì tranh dành bảng xếp hạng toàn trường, nhưng vì Fourth thách đấu với 1 cô gái ai được Gemini t...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC