Behind the bars ♡ muke

By wastedheartmuke

Michael and Luke share a history but they also share a prison cell. prison!AU top!Michael © wastedheartmuke... More

0ϟ0
0ϟ1
0ϟ2
0ϟ3
0ϟ4
0ϟ5
0ϟ6
0ϟ7
0ϟ8
0ϟ9
1ϟ0
1ϟ1
1ϟ2
1ϟ3
1ϟ4
1ϟ5
1ϟ6
1ϟ7
1ϟ8
1ϟ9
2ϟ0
2ϟ1
2ϟ2
2ϟ3
2ϟ4
2ϟ5
2ϟ6
2ϟ7
2ϟ8
2ϟ9
eϟpilogue

3ϟ0

1.3K 99 98
By wastedheartmuke

big thanks to fxckyouimpunkrock ; lifewithoutcare ; pastelpunkmuke for taking the time and commenting on the last chapter. all the love. ♡

18.11.2021, Future

"I'm gonna miss you, man. Who'll be here to mess with the poker games in here now that you'll leave?"

Michael chuckled but hugged Ashton anyway. He couldn't wait to get out of this hellhole and kiss the fuck of his boyfriend but he'll miss his cellmate.

"I'm pretty sure you'll find other ways to scam people around here."

"If I'll ever hear someone disrespect your name I'll make it up to them somehow."

Michael shook his head. He knew Ashton would do that even if he'd be told against it. The conman who's going to be in here for another two years instantly became Michael's best friend. He was the most annoying but understanding person and a decent patch for Michael's aching heart when he missed his boy.

The days from Luke's leave to when Michael got to leave were horribly long and the two days per week he got to see Luke were too far apart but too short when they did come.

"You know you could at least pretend that you're going to miss me."

Michael hugged Ashton again. "Stop being stupid. Of course, I'll miss you."

"You know when I get out we could get into business together you know? With all of that money you've got laying around I could help you double or triple it."

"I love you man, but it'd be stupid to get into any sorts of business with you. You learned me that yourself. Never trust a conman."

"That's fine. But I'll call you when I get out okay? I know you won't be around to visit but maybe once I'm out we could meet up?"

Michael collected his belongings and passed Ashton a piece of paper on which he wrote down his number and address and Calum's phone number. "Of course. If you won't be able to reach me on either of my contacts, call Calum. You never know where me and lover boy will be."

Ashton took the piece of paper and stored it neatly into one of his books. "Did you change any of the plans?"

Michael shrugged his shoulders. "A billion times in the past few months since Luke got out. It was all we talked about so we had a little fight over it in one of his lasts visits so I told him he can decide what are we going to do. Whatever he wants, I want. He's my only family left and as long as I'm next to him I'll be fine."

"Stop it you." Ashton pretended to wipe away imaginary tears. "Hey, the guards are here for you."

Michael took a deep breath and looked around the cell that's been his home for the past three years.

"You gonna miss it?"

"No. I'll take the good memories with me but I'll have plenty of time to make new ones."

Michael and Ashton hugged again and Michael left the cell into which he had zero wish to return.

ϟ

Michael had a plan in his head. He'll drop everything he'll carry out of the jail with him on the floor and run into Luke's hold.

What he didn't expect was that Luke was already waiting and was to one to literally jump on him when he and Calum left through the door.

"I missed you too, I guess." Michael laughed into Luke's ear.

"Fuck Mikey, I couldn't sleep for the past week."

"Guys, I know you two missed each other but what about we leave this place and never return."

As much as Michael hated Luke interrupting them he agreed.

He tried to move away but Luke pressed their lips together into a sweet and simple kiss. They both knew all the other kinds of kisses and everything else will come later.

Calum was the one who drove both himself and Luke to pick up Michael so he was the one driving them to the nearest restaurant that serves good pancakes. That was Michael's wish and who were they to say no to someone who had no decent food for the past three years.

The entire ride from the prison to the restaurant Luke and Michael spent pressed together Luke's face tucked into the crook of Michael's neck.

"Why aren't you wearing skinny jeans? You said how you couldn't wait to have them back on."

To Luke, Michael looked hot in grey sweatpants as well but he bought Michael three pairs of skinny jeans so he could choose one to wear on his release day.

"None of them would fit." Michael laughed. "It appears it's easier to squeeze your legs into jeans that are a size down when you just have soft fresh on them than when you actually have some muscles."

"My man's all fit and muscular, you heard that Calum?"

Calum rolled his eyes and kept driving but Michael could see a little smile on his face.

After they devoured the pancakes, Calum took Luke and Michael home.

Or to a place they had yet to make their home.

Luke bought a rather small apartment with one bedroom as they've talked about.

Michael walked into the tastefully furnished place behind his boy.

"Do you like it?"

Michael walked behind Luke and hugged him close. "It's beautiful. I knew you'd do a nice job."

"I know it's small but it still felt too big without you."

"Shh." Michael kissed Luke's neck. "None of that now. I'm here and we're together, that's all we wanted and that's all that matters."

Luke turned around and took Michael's face in his hands. "When I look at the past five years of my life most of is a bad memory I don't want to relive. We lost too much, we even lost each other but this is our chance to make this work for us. We're still young and we have our whole lives in front of us. I love you so much."

Michael smiled. "You mean everything to me."

He grabbed one of Luke's hands. "C'mon, we're already wasting time. Let's get that pretty ring you've told me about so we can then go and show it to my mum."

Luke smiled. "I and my foster-mum went over to her grave yesterday and brought some nice flowers. It'll be your first time being there since the funeral so we wanted to make it beautiful."

Michael kissed Luke's cheek. "Thank you, my love. For everything, for loving me and for coming back to me."

"That's what family is for." Luke smiled and pulled Michael in for another kiss.

He was holding his everything in his hands and he had zero intentions of letting him go.

ϟϟϟ

the end

ϟϟϟ

mah heart. love my boys.

there will be an epilogue with smut and fluff and everything!

thoughts?

michael and luke finally being reunited?

your favorite/least favorite thing about this book?

Love, love, love, Lucija ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 646 34
Michael was gay, Luke was straight, Michael was depressed, Luke was worried, Michael loved Luke, But did Luke love Michael?
42.9K 3.7K 31
Boarding school, magic, soulmate, Romeo and Juliet!AU where Michael and Luke are meant to be but their families hate each other. top!Michael © wasted...
24.1K 2.1K 30
When friends with benefits decide to be in a relationship. Fake relationship. top!Michael © wastedheartmuke, 2019-2020
198K 11.6K 37
Michael Clifford: I want you to have sex with me. top!Michael © wastedheartmuke, 2015 ; edited in 2019