One Day ~Bucky Barnes~

By Sadie_Hook

Despite her great fondess and love for her boyfriend Bucky that wasn't going to stop her from yelling at him... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The SSR
Chapter 4: Unexpected Family Reunion
Chapter 5: The Howling Comandos
Chapter 6: Only the Good Die Young
Chapter 7: Black Crows
Chapter 8: The Last Standing
Chapter 9: Waking the Sleeping Soldier
Chapter 10: Avengers Assemble
Chapter 11: Welcome to Asgard
Chapter 12: A Homoscidal Robot
Chapter 13: You found me
Chapter 14: This is War
Chapter 15: Readjusting
Chapter 16: Fixing Burnt Bridges
Chapter 17: The Gangs All Here
Chapter 18: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 19: Blue vs. Red
Chapter 20: Drunken Stories
Chapter 21: All Hell Breaks Loose
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: The Next Step
Chapter 24: One Day At Last
Chapter 25: White Picket Fence
Tagged
Thank You
A New Story

Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1

7.2K 130 41
By Sadie_Hook

Bucky had been in the army for a total of 4 days and it was a lot harder than he originally thought. He missed Steve and Jacqueline terribly as they were the only two things that helped get him through the rigorous training of bootcamp.

After a long day of training Bucky was almost too tired to notice the envelope on his bed.  It wasn't until he sat on the bed did he notice it.

"Hey look at that Barnes got a letter from his sweetheart." Bucky's fellow soldier, Timothy Dugan but everyone called him Dum Dum, announces.

Bucky rolls his eyes with a smile as the rest of his unit whistles and teases in response. He tore open the envelope and smiled widely once he recognizes the big loopy writing. It was from his Jackie, and it made his heart ache at the thought of her. Once he finished reading the letter, his mind was at ease knowing she was okay, where ever she was. However he was a little weary of Howard Stark. Bucky had seen Howard at the expo and heard about him in the newspapers. The celebrity was known for his flirty and playboysih manner, not to mention his increasing wealth. Bucky worried that Jackie would realize he didn't have all that fame and money and that she would leave him. Quickly dismissing that thought he asked if anyone had a pen and paper so he could write his Jay Bird a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week at the base seemed to fly by with Jacqueline solving formulas to complete the serum. They were coming close and Jacqueline couldn't wait for it to be finished, because once it was then the allies were one step closer to winning the war. After a long day of work Jacqueline wanted to do nothing more then to take a shower and go to bed . A envelope taped on her door, however woke her up, smiling widely she took it off and entered her room. Jacqueline flopped on her bed, open the envelope carefully.

Hey Jay Bird,

You know I hate being called James, but coming from you it sounds nice. I am doing okay here, they're working me hard but I'll live. I am actually top of my unit. I am sure the other scientists feel just as intimidated by you as you do of them. Don't let them make you feel dumb because you're not dumb. You're smart and beautiful and so many other things that I can't describe.

I am glad you found a friend in Peggy. It's nice to know you're taken care have and have someone to be there for you when Steve and I can't be. And as for this Howard Stark fellow he better keep his hands to himself, even if he's a celebrity. You're mine Miss Jacqueline Rose Rogers and I am yours, and if that can't get through his celebrity sized head of his I won't mind coming over and roughing him up a bit. I know I don't have the money and fame that  Stark has but I love you, and you mean the world to me. I would be lost without you.

Remember one day,

Your Dearest James

There was a knock at her door that broke Jacqueline out of her dreamy state. She walks over to the door and opens it up to find Peggy standing there. Jacqueline invites her in and they sit on her bed.

"What's got you all smiley?" Peggy asks noticing her friend's contagious smile.

"I got a letter from Bucky," Jacqueline smiles over her shoulder.

Peggy laughs, "And how is he?"

"He's great. He's worried about Howard though."

"Howard?" Peggy scoffs, "What for?"

Jacqueline smirks, "I think he's jealous. He's worried I'll leave him becuase of Howard's money and charm. That'll never happen though. I love Bucky and I don't care about money."

Peggy smiles clearing her throat to say what she came to say, "Jackie as you know the serum is almost complete. With that being said you've been selected to test it along with a previously selected soldier."

"Why are two of us being tested?" Jacqueline questions.

"Because Dr. Erskine would like to study how the serum effects both male and female anatomy."

Jacqueline nods trying to process the information, "Why me?"

"Because you hold similar qualities as are other candidate. Making the comparison even more exact."

"What's he like? The soldier you picked." Jacqueline asks.

Peggy smiles and Jacqueline can see the slight blush on the agent's cheeks, "He's something. In a different good sort of way. He jumped on a fake grenade, course he didn't know it was fake, to protect all of us. He's very brave,kind, and smart. You know he kinda looks like you, although he's very scrawny ."

She snorts, "The only person I know who's that reckless is my brother." Her smile quickly fades as she realizes what she's been selected to do. This serum has never been tested before. What if something goes wrong and she dies. She swallows and asks "And when do I get, um, tested or injected or whatever?"

Peggy nods and responds "In two days. The serum should be complete by tomorrow, and the following day they need to prep."

Jacqueline smiles and the two girls sit and chat a while before heading to dinner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve was having a difficult time in boot camp. Unbeknownst to Bucky and Jacqueline he had got accepted into the army on Bucky's last day, when they all went to the Stark expo. Steve met Dr. Erkisine and he saw something in Steve no one else did which is why he accepted him to this tiny base in New Jersey.

When he first arrived he noticed a building to the far left of the camp. He saw men come in and out of it, most of them were not soldiers though, they wore lab coats. Steve thought it was odd but didn't say anything. A voice called him out of his thoughts ordering his unit to stand in a line. The voice though was not rough and low like he expected. It was high, soft, delicate, and british? He looked up to meet a women with dark red hair, her lips pressed in a firm line. She introduced herself as Peggy Carter.A soldier, Hodge something said a snarky comment to her and she replied by punching him in the nose. Steve smiles and he gets a feeling in the pit of his stomach he's never felt before. It's a good thing though.

Two days into camp Steve received a letter, which surprised him. He didn't know who it could be from as he hadn't told anyone, meaning his best friend and his sister, that he was enlisted.

Opening it he was surprised to find it was from Jacqueline but he was also relieved. He was so happy to get a letter from her that he didn't even bother to wonder how she even knew where he was. He read it quickly, soaking in every detail. He was glad his sister was doing well, although he was unsure about a celebrity working with his sister. Hopefully Stark knew his sister was taken and didn't try anything on her. Jacqueline was a sweet girl and Steve just wanted what's best for her.

Steve found a pencil and a piece of paper and scribbled a response back to his sister. He had just finished when he was called to fall in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Super Soldier Serum was finally finished and it was the day where it would be injected into Jacqueline. The whole morning Jacqueline was on edge, waiting for Peggy to come get her. She was so anxious she barely ate her breakfast. After breakfast she headed back to her room to wait. She paced around her room waiting and almost didn't hear the shuffling on the other side of the door and a letter was slid under the door. Jacqueline quickly rushed over and picked it up.

It was a letter from Steve and it made Jacqueline's heart soar. His response had taken a couple days longer than Bucky's and she began to worry that he didn't receive it.

She opened the letter quickly and pulled out Steve's letter.

Hey Jackie,

I am doing fine and I miss you. I'm glad you're doing okay and they're treating you well in where ever that secret base of yours is. Don't worry about me, I haven't been in any back alley fights, and I promise you won't return home with my face all bruised. As for Howard Stark, I'm glad you met your favorite celebrity, and I hope Bucky doesn't get jealous. I wish you luck and I hope to see you soon. I love you lil sis!

Your brother,

Steve

Jacqueline puts the letter on the desk as soon as a knock sounds on the door. She quickly rushes to open it. She finds Peggy who gives her a small smile and states that it's  time. Jacqueline gives a quick nod and follows her out.

Jacqueline steps out of the bunker for the first time in 10 days. The sun was blinding and took her a minute for her eyes to adjust. Her and Peggy got in a cab similar to the one Jacqueline arrived at the base in.

The drive was long and eventually they arrived back in Brooklyn. Jacqueline grew hopeful and asked Peggy if she could stop by and see Steve. Peggy shook her head sadly saying we had to keep this little trip as short as possible. Jacqueline understood but didn't keep her from fronwing nonetheless. 

Once they arrived at their destination, both women step out of the cab. Peggy walks over to the door whispering something  to the lady behind it. She nods and let the two ladies through. From there Jacqueline follows Peggy down a dark winding staircase. They end up in a lab with shining bright lights. Jacqueline is met with the smiling face of Howard and a few other familiar faces she had worked with. She takes a deep breathe and begins getting prepped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline felt very exposed standing in front of the small crowd of scientists waiting for the procedure to begin. She wore nothing but her bra and a pair of thin shorts. Crossing her arms over her chest she lays down in a metal like coffin. A scientist she doesn't know comes over and straps her in, placing her arms at her side. Howard comes over and injects penicillin in her upper arm while giving her an encouraging smile. A nurse places 3 tubes of the serum on either side of her. Sensor like things are placed on her chest and upper arms.

Dr. Erskine begins the countdown and Jacqueline sees the serum go down in the tubes. She feels a slight pinch but maintains a straight face. Dr. Erskine than singles to Howard and he presses a button so that Jacqueline is now standing up right and that she's completely encased by the metal coffin.

Jacqueline hears a knock and a muffled voice, "Are you okay in there Agent Rogers."

"I'm fine." Jacqueline replies back.

She doesn't hear anything but it soon becomes a lot hotter and is blinded by a bright light. With the heat brings an burning pain, and she bites her lip as it continue to grows more painful. She gives a cry of pain. And after what seems like and entornity but in reality is a matter of seconds the pain is gone and the coffin is open. Leaving Jacqueline breathless, sweaty, and just different, but a good different.

She looked around the room wildly curious to if it worked a lot. As everyone stared at her Jacqueline remembered how exposed she felt and quickly covered her arms over her chest. She took a quick glance at her arms and noticed her muscles were bigger and more prominent but not in a manly way. It's more feminine with a defiant shape. Jacqueline also realizes her chest also grew in size. The heat rose in her cheeks as she began to grow embarrassed in her new appearance. Peggy quickly noticing her embarrassment throws her friend a shirt, a size bigger than her old one. Thankful for her friend she quickly grabs it and put it on. Stepping down from the contraption the girl feels dizzy. Howard comes over to help steady her. Looking at Howard she realizes she is taller. 3 inches taller as Howard was about 5'10 and she was now roughly 5 inches shorter than him.

"It worked," Peggy gasps.

"Yes. It did." The doctor marvels. "How do you feel?"

Jacqueline gives a tired smile, "Taller."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1K 39
The 16 year old McCall twins have just entered their second year of high school. Compared to his twin sister Spencer, Scott is a loser but they don't...
49.8K 1.6K 59
A Sequel to Come Back With Me Bucky and Steve finally got the life they always wanted with the loves of their lives. Everything was perfect until an...
82.7K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
276K 7.9K 135
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."