One Day ~Bucky Barnes~

By Sadie_Hook

Despite her great fondess and love for her boyfriend Bucky that wasn't going to stop her from yelling at him... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1
Chapter 4: Unexpected Family Reunion
Chapter 5: The Howling Comandos
Chapter 6: Only the Good Die Young
Chapter 7: Black Crows
Chapter 8: The Last Standing
Chapter 9: Waking the Sleeping Soldier
Chapter 10: Avengers Assemble
Chapter 11: Welcome to Asgard
Chapter 12: A Homoscidal Robot
Chapter 13: You found me
Chapter 14: This is War
Chapter 15: Readjusting
Chapter 16: Fixing Burnt Bridges
Chapter 17: The Gangs All Here
Chapter 18: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 19: Blue vs. Red
Chapter 20: Drunken Stories
Chapter 21: All Hell Breaks Loose
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: The Next Step
Chapter 24: One Day At Last
Chapter 25: White Picket Fence
Tagged
Thank You
A New Story

Chapter 2: The SSR

7.9K 139 68
By Sadie_Hook

The morning after proved to be one of the most difficult of Jacqueline's life. Standing in the station with Steve waiting to send off Bucky made her emotionally exhausted.

"Hey Doll, look at me," Bucky whispers cupping Jacqueline's face. "I'm going to come back home. And then we can get married, and have kids, and start our life together. It's going to be okay. Remember I promised one day. And I never break my promises."

Jacqueline gives him a kiss. When she pulls away their foreheads are still touching and she mutters, "One Day."

"There you go don't cry Jay Bird." He smiles and whispers away a tear from her face.

Bucky gives Jacqueline one more kiss before giving Steve a bro hug and gets on the train. The Rogers stay on the platform waving as the train pulls out of the station. Jacqueline doesn't move until the train disappears from view and even then it takes Steve to pull her arm to move. The walk back home is quite as Steve has his hands stuffed in his pockets and Jacqueline's kicking along a rock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Jacqueline was too busy getting ready to head to the S.S.R base that she barely noticed Bucky's absence. It wasn't until after she was done that she felt the emptiness. Usually Bucky would be home getting ready to go to work around 10. Steve wasn't home which made her feel even more alone. Not sure what to do to kill the next 2 hours Jacqueline begins cleaning the already pristine apartment. She was done cleaning in an hour so she decided to read a book she had been meaning to get to it was just recently published titled A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

At 12 on the dot there was a knock at the door. Setting the book down and smoothing out her skirt Jacqueline goes to open the door. Ms. Carter is standing there dressed sharply and her mouth pressed in a firm line.

"Ms Carter please come in." Jacqueline says gesturing her in.

The agent nods and steps in, "Thank you Jacqueline. You can call me Agent Carter."

"Yes ma'am." Jacqueline responds and goes to grab her things.

"I'm only joking agent. Peggy will do." Agent Carter says quickly with a laugh.

Jacqueline lets out a breathe she didn't realize she was holding. "In that case you can call me Jackie."

Jacqueline grabs her book and suitcase and the two ladies walk out the door. She locks the door and the both get into a cab. Jacqueline is sad she didn't get to say goodbye to Steve but she did write him a letter before she left. Hopefully he'll read it, he can be a bit oblivious at times. She just hoped he wasn't in a back alley somewhere getting pummeled.

The drive was at least and hour long and very quiet. The only sound was the radio playing in the front. Closer to the base Peggy started to tell Jacqueline more about herself. Peggy was the only high ranked SSR agent that wasn't a male. She mentioned going through Jacqueline's file and saying how she impressed she was. She also added that she hoped Jacqueline would be a high ranked agent like herself.

They arrived at the base and the two ladies were escorted into a building to the far left of the camp. Peggy punched in a code which unlocked the door and the two ladies walk in. Jacqueline was instantly met with the smell of grease and B.O. The room was full of men in army uniforms and lab coats.

"If you follow me Jackie we'll get you situated and ranked." Peggy explains and notices Jacquelines face at the mention of ranking, "Don't worry. Your file was impressive I am sure you'll be ranked especially well."

Peggy introduces Jacqueline to Colonel Phillips, who then takes her to a room where she will be given a series of problems with a limited time to solve them. Jacqueline nods and sits in the chair. After completing several codes and situations. She is then moved to a gym like room where she demonstrates her hand to hand combat skill as well as how accurately she can shoot a gun.

Overall she proved to be an outstanding and promising agent, ranked as a level 6, only two levels under Peggy. Peggy was ecstatic with Jacqueline's placement and said that her level would only improve through years of experience and building trust within the organization.

After being ranked Peggy led Jacqueline to the room where she would be staying. It was a small room making Jacqueline's apartment big in comparison. Although it was small Jacqueline liked it's cozy feeling.

Peggy stood in the door as Jacqueline got organized in her new room, "I'll be next door. If the testosterone becomes too much for you. Or you just need someone to talk. "

"I'll keep that in mind," Jacqueline laughs as Peggy leaves closing the door.

Jacqueline began unpacking her suitcase while trying to make the room feel more at home. Before she knew it the clock read 17:00 which Peggy said was dinner time.

Vaguely remembering where Peggy said the dining hall was Jacqueline began to wander. After 15 minutes Jacqueline had declared herself lost, and the once busy lab was now empty. Sighing Jacqueline begin her search again only to run into someone.

"Easy there," The voice states.

Jacqueline's head shoots up in recognition and she gasps, "You're Howard Stark!"

"That I am doll," The celebrity smirks, "And who might you be? I've never seen you around and trust me I would know. We don't get a lot of girls around here."

"Jacqueline Rogers, I go by Jackie." The girl smiles brightly.

"Aw the famous Agent Rogers. I've read your file, you got a brilliant mind, and from what Peggy says killer combat skills."

Jacqueline blushes at the compliment, her stomach rumbling changing the topic. Howard laughs, "I should probably show you to the dining room."

"That would be great." Jacqueline laughs.

The two walk through the bunker and reach the dinning hall in a matter of minutes. Both of them grab there trays and pick out there food. Jacqueline's tray is full of mashed potatoes, corn, and chicken. She spots an open seat next to Peggy, Howard following close behind her.

Dinner is full of getting to know Peggy and Howard better as well as meeting a few other scientists, who she would later be working with. Jacqueline was to work from 7am to 5pm with them to complete the serum as soon as possible. Peggy also informed her that she wasn't aloud to leave the building and everything she needed was already in the building. Jackie did not mind though, it's not like she had anywhere else to go or do.

After dinner Jacqueline retired to her room. It was small but still bigger than the one she had back in Brooklyn. Her mind wandered to how Steve was doing, all alone in their apartment. Thinking back on it she couldn't think of a time being left alone despite being older than her he was always with Bucky or her. She hoped he would be safe and use his head so he wouldn't get into fights he couldn't finish. Bucky wouldn't be there to save him this time.

Bucky, oh god how she missed him and it hadn't been a whole day yet. Along with Steve, Bucky had been the only constant in my life and now that neither of them were with her felt weird. She got off her bed and sat down at her desk. She grabbed a pen and began writing a letter to Steve.

Hey Stevie,

I hope you're doing okay. I am fine I just miss you and Bucky terribly. I am sorry to leave you in Brooklyn all by yourself, please don't go looking for trouble. I don't need to come back to Brooklyn to see you with a bruised face. You know Howard Stark, the guy at the expo and famous inventor? Well he's here and I am working with him! He's quite charming, and incredibly smart, but don't tell Bucky I said that. He'll get the wrong idea, even though Howard and I are barely friends. I hope to see you soon. I love you!

Your lil sis,

Jackie

After Jacqueline finished Steve's letter and put it in an envelope she got another piece of paper and began to write a letter to Bucky.

My Dearest James,

I know how much you hate the name James but it sounds much more romantic than Bucky. I hope you're doing okay and that they're not working you to hard over there in boot camp. I expect you to have muscles when I see you again, not like you didn't have them before. I am doing fine here and I have met several nice people. I feel like Peggy and I will become good friends, seeing as we're the only women in an agent ranked position. I also found out I am going to be working with Howard Stark! Can you believe it! Me, working with a celebrity. All the scientists I've met are incredibly smart, it makes me feel dumb in comparison.

Please be careful out there. I need you back in one peice. You promised me one day remember? I love you so much!

Your Jay Bird

Jacqueline folds the letter up and places it in an envelope. After addressing both envelopes she sets them aside, making a mental note to ask Peggy to deliver them later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacqueline had always been one to wake up early but getting up at 6 the next day was early, even for her. Groggily she got ready for the day ahead of her. Unlike last night, Jacqueline remembered her way to the dining hall. While at breakfast she met up with Peggy who prepared her for her first day, which would include chaos, lots of noise, and large number of male egos.

After breakfast Jacqueline headed to lab where she was supposed to get briefed and then begin her job. Along the way she mets Howard who is walking with an older man.

"Hey Jack!" He calls, "Just the gal I was looking for."

"Jack?" She asks teasingly at the new nickname.

He shrugs, "Jacqueline is a mouthful to say, and everyone calls you Jackie. I wanted something different."

Jackie rolls her eyes but a smirk is evident on her lips. The man next to Howard clears his throat. "My bad. Dr. Erkisine this is Agent Rogers, who will be working with us on the serum. Agent Rogers this is Dr. Erkinis he's in charge of this whole ordeal, and creator of the super soldier serum." Howard introduces.

"Is that what we're working on?" Jacqueline asks as the two men nod.

"It's nice to meet you Agent Rogers. I've heard such good things about you." The old doctor smiles.

Jacqueline is quickly briefed and given few formulas to work out. They're only given a few formulas at a time, Dr. Erkisine not trusting anyone with the full instructions in fear someone will steal it.  Jacqueline and the other scientist jobs is to complete the formulas which essentially would complete the serum. The serum will then be injected into a promising soldier, where it will enhance his natural abilities, such as super strength, metabolism, speed ect. Although some of the formulas prove difficult to solve Jacqueline finds it to be very enjoyable. She gets a quick 30 minute lunch break around noon before heading back to work. Her day finishes at five once she goes to dinner. She meets Peggy and they discuss how their day went. Jacqueline informs Peggy about her work and how it was enjoyable despite, snarky comments from her male counterparts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...
3.5K 147 7
"Burn me. Hurt me. Hate me...It only makes me love you more" Or A forgotten promise causing an arranged marriage between a man who hurts everything h...
311K 21.8K 157
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
55.9K 1K 39
The 16 year old McCall twins have just entered their second year of high school. Compared to his twin sister Spencer, Scott is a loser but they don't...