The One (Jaylor)

By EvelynGSchulman

After her break up with Calvin Harris, Taylor Swift has given up on finding love. Can Joe help her get that b... More

The One Part 1
The One Part 2
The One Part 3
The One Part 4
The One Part 5
The One Part 6
The One Part 7
The One Part 8
The One Part 9
The One Part 10
The One Part 11
The One Part 12
The One Part 13
The One Part 14
The One Part 15
The One Part 16
The One Part 17
The One Part 18
The One Part 19
The One Part 20
The One Part 21
The One Part 22
The One Part 23
The One Part 24
The One Part 25
The One Part 26
The One Part 27
The One Part 28
The One Part 29
The One Part 30
The One Part 31
The One Part 32
The One Part 33
The One Part 34
The One Part 35
The One Part 36
The One Part 38
The One Part 39
The One Part 40
The One Part 41
The One Part 42
The One Part 43
The One Part 44
The One Part 45
The One Part 46
The One Part 47
The One Part 48
The One Part 49
The One Part 50
The One Part 51
The One Part 52
The One Part 53
The One Part 54
The One Part 55
The One Part 56
The One Part 57
The One Part 58
The One Part 59
The One Part 60
The One Part 61
The One Part 62
The One Part 63
The One Part 64
The One Part 65
The One Part 66
The One Part 67
The One Part 68
The One Part 69
The One Part 70
The One Part 71
The One Part 72
The One Part 73
The One Part 74
The One Part 75
The One Part 76
The One Part 77
The One Part 78
The One Part 79
The One Part 80
The One Part 81
The One Part 82
The One Part 83
The One Part 84
The One Part 85
The One Part 86
The One Part 87
The One Part 88
The One Part 89
The One Part 90
The One Part 91
The One Part 92
The One Part 93
The One Part 94
The One Part 95
The One Part 96
The One Part 97
The One Part 98
The One Part 99
The One Part 100
Authors Note
Author's Note 2
Author's Note 3

The One Part 37

810 29 1
By EvelynGSchulman

Taylor POV:

"And here are all of her toys. If she starts crying give her Mr. Bear, and give her her rattle before she goes to sleep. The formula is in this bag." ,I explained handing him the bags. "Take her on walks in the morning and after noon and you can let her walk a bit, just hold her hand because she likes to run off."

I felt Joe put his hand on my shoulder and pull me closer to him. "She's just a bit nervous. Sorry."

"Sorry." ,I mumbled blushing. I knew sometimes I would get carried away.

"It's cool." ,Patrick said smiling. "I'm going to take good care of her, and we're going to have so much  fun, right Patricia?"

She mumbled something then buried her head farther into my shirt. She was turning out to be really shy. She got that from her father. 

"I love you, Patricia. We'll see you soon." ,I told her giving her a kiss. "You're going to have so much fun with Uncle Patrick."

She nodded as Joe said goodbye and I handed her to Patrick cautiously.

"No!" ,she cried stretching her arms back for me once in Patrick's arms.

I sighed and tried to go back to her but Joe grabbed my wrist leading me towards the car. "She's going to be okay. You have to learn."

"I know. It's just hard." ,I buckled my seat belt once inside the car and Joe pulled out of the drive as we waved to Patrick and Patricia.

Back at the house I was filling up bowls with chips while Joe was moving my awards upstairs. It's not I thought someone was going to steal them, but it felt like bragging, and I never bragged.

"Thanks." ,I said to Joe while opening the final bag of chips and pouring them into the bowl.

"No problem." ,he responded. But as he leaned in for a kiss I ran into the kitchen to grab the drinks.

"Everything alright, love?" ,Joe called as I placed the diet coke on the table be fore running back into the kitchen to get more.

"Fine." ,I said quickly hardly listening.

"You seem stressed. Are you nervous about the party?" ,he asked coming over to me as I brushed my fingers through my hair. That's when I realized I hadn't put on my make up yet.

"Yeah...." ,I mumbled whipping around and putting my arms around Joe's neck peeking at the clock. I had thirty minutes to put on makeup. "Baby, could you please put the rest of the things out. I didn't do my hair or makeup yet." 

"I think you look great but okay." ,he said hesitantly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Uh-huh!" ,I said pecking his lips then sprinting upstairs.

Joe POV:

I was still worried something else was happening. Taylor was hardly very like this and when she was it freaked me out. 'But it must be about leaving Patricia. Or the party' I told myself getting more food for the guests. 

Once I finished putting the rest of the food out, the door knocked.

"Taylor, someone's here." ,I called moving over to the door.

"Coming!" ,she shouted running back down the stairs as I opened the door.

There stood Adam. Next to him was a girl around my age holding his hand.

"Hey Adam!" ,Taylor exclaimed hugging him. Then she turned to the girl. "Hi, I'm Taylor!"

"Hi, I'm Emma. Thank you so much for having this party! It was so generous of you!"

"Anytime!" ,Taylor replied.

"Hey...where's Patricia?" ,Adam asked. "Is she okay?"

"Oh yeah." ,Taylor replied cheerfully "She's having a blast at Joe's, brother, Patrick's' apartment."

Patrick POV:

"Shh...go to sleep Patricia." , begged rocking her her in my arms. It was already past her bedtime and she hadn't stopped crying.

"Waaaah!" ,she screamed.

"Do you want the rattle?" ,I tried picking it up and shaking it.

"NO!" ,she cried grabbing it and throwing it on the floor.

I sighed, looking around for anything that might work. Then, I had an idea.

"how about we listen to your mom." ,I suggested pulling out my phone and playing 'Never Grow Up"

Her screaming slowly turned into hiccups and she was asleep by 'Long Live'

I was relieved as I slowly put her in the crib. I didn't know what I would've done if it wasn't for Taylor's music.

Taylor POV:

Back at the party more had arrived, all with date,s like HAIM, Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez, Karlie Kloss, Ed Sheeran, and a bunch of other people.

"Great party." ,Cara said over the loud music.

"Thanks." ,I said looking around the room. I hadn't seen Joe since Adam and Emma had arrived and I was getting a little nervous.

"How's your daughter?" ,Cara asked.

"She's good. Tiring, but good." ,I said looking down at my drink.

Cara nodded she must not have heard what I said. I check the clock next to Selena, 11:25.

"Hey!" ,I shouted to Cara.

"Yeah?" ,she asked.

"You know where my TV remote is, right?"

"Uh-huh. Oh that shelf." ,she said motioning behind me.

"I need to find Joe, but if I"m not back in a few minutes can you turn on the news.

"Sure!' ,she responded as I moved towards the steps, I might have known where he was.

"Hey!" ,a voice said before I could go upstairs.

"Hey. What's up." ,I asked politely pulling my arm away. Where's Emma?"

"Had to leave, something with work." ,he shrugged.

"Sorry." ,I said. "So are you two a thing?"

"What?" ,he asked smiling. I knew it wasn't because he didn't hear me.

"Just small-talk." ,I laughed out of awkwardness

"Well to answer your question, no we aren't. She's a friend, I guess I wanted to impress you...because I knew you and Joe would be close and stuff."

"Oh." ,I blushed. Why was this happening. Was he drinking? I had minutes to fine Joe. This timing couldn't be worse.

"Sorry." ,he blushed. all of a sudden I felt like this was my fault. maybe this was the reason I left him, he would say something them immediately apologize and everything  would be put on me. It was always me!

"Okay. Can we talk about this another time. I have to find Joe." ,I told him and he nodded sitting down on the steps.

I didn't want to leave him, but I had to, I loved Joe and I didn't love him...anymore.

"Joe?!" ,I asked pounding on the door as I heard Cara turn on the TV. When he didn't answer I was getting a bit upset. "Joe, I'm coming in."

Slowly, I opened the odor seeing him facing away from me on the bed.

"Joe, I'm sorry I invited Adam." , I began sitting on the corner of the bed. There was no response. "I thought he was just a a friend. I guess i thought that was a good reason I didn't tell you. We just talked and apparently he...he only brought Emma to impress me, and I'm not going to talk to him for a very long time because of that. And I promise if I contact him again, I'll tel you first. But I love you, and only you, okay?"

There was still no response. "Just..." , I sighed. "Come down and enjoy the party. Be with me to show Adam wrong. Please."

Joe turned towards me and gently touching my hand. "Okay." ,he nodded. "Let's start the New Year right."

I nodded as we stood up. It was 11:59. Quickly, we rushed downstairs as the countdown began, people surrounded the TV.

"5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!" ,everyone shouted hugging and kissing.

"Happy New year." ,I said jumping into Joe's arms. But as Joe held me I saw Adam staring at me, with the same eyes Patricia gave me when Joe and I left her at Patricia.

"Happy New Years." ,he said as I lifted my head up trying to forget Adam and kissed.

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.5K 31
- book four of wisteria hearts - Both Joe and Taylor have had their fair share of darkness, but within each other, they found daylight. And that is...
106K 4.6K 31
Taylor Swift just got out of a seven year relationship - it was time to go, she knew it in her bones, but still... her pillows were stained with tear...
11.8K 673 29
Taylor Swift has been dating Joe Alwyn for a year. When a particle accelerator goes off and gives Taylor new abilities she's torn between being good...
44.7K 995 46
Taylor is done with relationships, they just end with drama and headlines that tear her apart, all in all boys just give her trouble. But there is...