I Actually Married A Muslim!

Von InkMonTima

************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something... Mehr

WAIT A SEC!
1:Meetings, Greetings, & 1st Impressions
2: Dating Ahmeds VS Dating Johns
4: Faith, Fate, and Fear.
5: Not Usually This Accident Prone!
6: Jenny Meets Sarah
7: Culture VS Religion
8: Sarah Saleh Weak Version
9: Build it, Then take it Down
10: Curiosity killed the cat
11: Purely Awkward ELectrons
12: Praying to the Wrong God
13: The True One
14: Zones & Islamophobes
15: Google Is No Fun
16: This is it.
17: Only Sarah
18:Satisfaction brought it back
19: Lower Your Gaze
20: You're her BROTHER??
21: Unexpected Reply
22: "What if" Headache

3: You Get Married

4.1K 271 88
Von InkMonTima

Chapter 3 : You Get Married
________________________________

Sometimes you're looking at something and then that something disappears and instead you're left with your thoughts and dreams.

That's exactly what happened to me as I sat in my back yard's swing, staring at the lake infront of me.

The sun was sinking into the water and I just sat there admiring the serenity and sheer beauty of the moment.

There was something about sunsets that I could never pinpoint. They were breathtakingly beautiful, true, but they also filled the air with this sad vibe.

But what were we here for, if not to admire God's creation and lose ourselves in it?

It was weird. Throughout my whole life , I'd never felt content sitting through a sunset.

It always gave me this tight feeling in my chest.

Another day slips away, another chance I'll never get... I'd find myself thinking.

It always made me feel like I was watching the rolling credits of a movie and THE END popped up suddenly.

Remember what I Said about looking at things and then drifting away with your thoughts and dreams?

Well that's exactly what just happened right now.

************

Now you must be wondering:

What happened to him making Sarah convert?

Did he find that Muslim friend he was talking about...?

Don't worry. You'll be getting your answers very soon. Just be patient. Patience is, after all, a virtue.

Eventually, I found myself dialling a number that I never thought I'd be calling again.

"Hello?" A voice said from the other end.

"Umm... Hello Sam." I answered rather timidly.

"Oh. Adam." The voice chuckled bitterly.

"Yes. How've you been?"

"I don't know... How have I been Adam? Why are you even calling now?" He wasn't even bothering to hide the hurt that laced his voice.

Sam, short for Sammy, or Samuel, was my maternal cousin. We'd always been close, good friends. But A year back or so, he'd suddenly started thinking a bit too much.

Finally one day he'd opened up to me and told me that he wasn't satisfied with his current religion; Christianity.

He had expressed that there was a void inside his that he yearned to fill, and that he wasn't getting the answers his soul sought to fill the void.

I'd stared at him like he just grew four eyes.

"What are you talking about Sam? This is the one true religion. It's what our parents follow, what we follow, what our kids will follow one day. You know you can only get saved through Him alone." Was what I'd told him.

He'd stared at me in disbelief and disappointment, mouth gaping and eyes wide.

"So you're satisfied? How do you know it's the truth if you barely know anything about any other religion?" He'd answered.

I'd just told him that it was his choice and I was definitely not going to stop him. I'd also told him that I'm fine with the way I was.

And so , his journey with religion began. First , he'd started exploring other branches of Christianity. Then he tried Judaism , but apparently he still didn't find what he was looking for. He even found himself exploring Buddhism and Hinduism. But, as he said, nothing scratched the itch.

So for a month or two, he settled down again, thinking that he'd searched all the divine religions that were there to search.

Then, one day, he told me that he was going to start researching Islam too.

I can clearly remember our conversation that day.

"Hey bro, how've you been?" He asked.

"Not much really...and you?" I answered.

"Well. You know how I told you that I couldn't find the right thing and all that and then I stopped searching altogether and all that...?" He trailed off.

"Yeah?" I was wondering what he was up to this time.

"So yeah... Yesterday I met this Australian dude and well...we kinda started talking and all...we started talking about religion and all...and then I found out that he was Muslim... I just realized I never really searched about Islam....so..."

"Look Man. I'm sure that your parents wouldn't like that.... They might even drag you to the FBI or something." I furrowed My eyebrows worriedly.

"Dude. This is America. I do what I want because this is my life and as long as I'm not hurting anyone, then I'm free to believe in whatever."

"Well. Just don't drag me into this."

He'd walked off, unhappy with my reaction.

After that, We'd kept in touch.

Until he called me, saying that he was going to become Muslim the next day, and that he was sure Islam was the only true religion he could follow.

Things were a bit hard for him. His parents were rather strict Christians. Not only that, but they were also the type who would give dirty looks to any person who looked Muslim.

So them being strict Christians meant that they wouldn't really appreciate their son switching sides.

And them being "islamophobes" meant that their son becoming Muslim would be the worst thing that could ever happen.

Sam was changing religions and becoming Muslim. It was double trouble.

His parents stopped talking to him.

Me? Well, I just purposefully made sure that we'd drift apart.

He'd call, and I'd say that I was busy, or not answer at all. When We'd bump into each other, I'd come up with an imaginary meeting that I needed to leave for.

So obviously, him acting cold towards me now was totally warranted.

"Sam, look." I said, "I know what I did was stupid. It was a bitch move coming from me and I'm sorry... It's just that...well, let's just say that I've changed. For the better hopefully."

"Sorry Adam. I appreciate your apology but I'm a little busy at the moment..." His voice was quiet and calm, "I'm not saying this because I don't want to talk... I really am busy."

"Really?" I said sarcastically.

"Look. Meet me at the coffee place next to my house at 4.... We can catch up then..." He exhaled, "of course, if 4 works for you."

"Sure." I answered.

Then we said our take-care's and hung up.

Great. I was getting my friend back and finding a solution to the Sarah problem.

I was hitting two birds with one stone.

**********

"You get married."

"What?!" I choked on the coffee that I was drinking.

"You have to marry her." He smiled and raised an eyebrow pointedly.

"No. I don't want to get married yet...dude there's gotta be some other way..."

"So you just wanna mess around with her, use her heart, and then throw her away like a broken toy you're done toying with?" He asked.

"I mean, no, come in Sam, you know what I mean!" Did he?

"Look. There are many Muslims who date nowadays. But she wears hijab. And she doesn't do dating. So that means that this is how she does things," he paused for breathe, "if you're interested, you go to her family and ask for her hand. You express your interest in courting her. Then you guys get a while where you can meet up and get to know each other. You can't touch and all that though... And it has to be out in the open. And then if you guys still like each other, you get engaged. This time it's like dating. And you get to know each other more... Then, you get married."

That sounded like a hustle.

"That all?" I said, my mouth dry and cottony.

"You've got a problem though." He smirked, "you're not Muslim."

I can always act like one, though.

Right?

____________
Minor edits on 2/16/24

A/N

Hello beautyyys! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Friday is a special day in Islam. Kinda like Sunday for Christians. Or Saturday for Jews (and many Christians).

That aside , OMGGGG guys I just found out that this story is ranked in the 400 something.

Last I checked it was #490 in spiritual

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm so proud. So happy. Thank you God (alhamadulilah)

Btw. Updates might be weekly.

Don't kill me :( I'm in my last three months of highschool by God's will... And it's TOUGH

So. Enough talking.

Please vote if you like it and tell me what you think of it in the comments!

Love you all!

Tima E.

XXX

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

88K 4.3K 21
"I thought I told you to stop telling me what to do." I whispered meekly. "I thought I told you that I wanted you here, with me. I want your happines...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
83.6K 4.6K 37
Ever had a crush? Ever been in love? Of course Yes. Read this story and I bet you will adore it(hope so) Imagine you in the place of...
50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...