We're The Back Pocket Believe...

De keep_the_secret

Hazel Reede was average. Actually, she was a little below that. She is fifteen when her family dies and leave... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 24

10.5K 230 102
De keep_the_secret

Nikki , Pommie and I were chilling in the back lounge when Matt came in . The three of us had become friends over the past few days , despite any differences – including the fact that Nikki was three years older the Pommie . Charles and Sam were great , but they had been friends before Second Chance , and so they stayed sisters during it too , leaving the three of us to become closer and closer .

Matt tossed a laminated sheet onto my lap , and I picked it up to inspect it .

“What is this ?” I asked , after realising I understood none of it . Matt chuckled .

That is your new timetable .”

Nikki peered over my shoulder . “Like , school ? With lessons and subjects and stuff ?”

“Yep . It's illegal for you guys to not get an education , and in case you hadn't noticed this tour bus doesn't have enough room for a school .”

“So ...”

Matt picked the timetable up , and began to explain it .

“In the mornings , Jeff will take Maths . I'm doing Geography with you , Colussy does History . Alex is teaching Spanish , and Rian is teaching French .”

We blinked in unison .

“English ?” I asked cautiously .

Matt frowned . “Um , Alex and Jack . So once you go back to school you might want to find yourselves a tutor .”

“What about fun subjects ?” Nikki said , “Like art and music and stuff .”

Matt shrugged . “Since you're living with a band , I guess you're all going to have to take music . I think most of the other 'fun' subjects are out of the question , but by all means try to study the practical side of woodshop . Just don't come running to me when you saw your finger off because of a pothole .”

I laughed . “So , when does All Time Low High School start ?”

“We should probably just call it All Time High for short” Nikki giggled , “All Time Low High sounds kind of strange .”

“True , but All Time High sounds like we're all on drugs , so ...” I trailed off .

Nikki paused , then snapped her fingers . I practically see her lightbulb flashing . “All Time Hoe !”

I laughed . “Definitely , definitely All Time Hoe .”

“Okay , both of you , shut up !” Matt laughed with us . “You're starting to sound like Alex and Jack .”

“If you didn't want us to sound like them you shouldn't have assigned both of them as our English teachers .”

“But I guess that's just the kind of education you get at All Time Hoe” I finished , and we all laughed , even Pommie who hadn't said anything throughout this whole conversation .

It wasn't long before we'd pulled up outside the next venue , so the crew left to get things set up .

“You know what'd be rad ?” Jack said suddenly , “If you kids did music as a subject , and then at the end of the tour you could do a song or two live , you know like an opening act for us .”

“Shut up Jack -” Rian began to say , then stopped . “Hang on . That wasn't a terrible idea .”

“Thank you” Jack said , rolling his eyes .

Rian sat up . “Seriously , guys , that's actually a good idea . We should do that .” He turned to us . “You guys want to go up on stage ?”

Pommie shook her head violently . “Stage fright” She said quickly .

“I'm up for it “ Charles said , and Sam nodded in agreement . “Yeah , me too .”

“We should make it into a competition” Nikki said , looking over at Sam and Charles with her eyes narrowing slightly . I knew why . Pommie was her friend , and they'd made her look bad .

“The kids can vote who sounded better at the end” Alex said , beginning to smile . “That would be rad . We are so doing this .”

Pommie bit her lip , but it didn't look as if she had a choice anymore .

The band left to do the show , followed by Sam and Charles . However , Nikkie , Pommie and I decided to sit this one out , and stayed in the back lounge to began planning for our set , at the end of the tour .

“We could do an All Time Low song” I suggested , “We know their setlist , so we could just cover one that they aren't doing .”

Nikki shook her head . “No way . That's what they expect us to do . I vote we write our own song .”

“Just one problem “ I said , “Does anyone here know how to write a song ?”

She shrugged . “We'll figure it out . We've got about a month . And you play guitar , right ?”

I sighed , and turned on the TV . Thanks to Jeff and Alex staying up all last night to watch a movie , it was fixed on DVD player mode , and none of us had a clue how to get it back to normal .

“Now what ?” I said .

“I can write lyrics” Pommie said .

We both turned to her . “What ?!”

Pommie shrugged awkwardly .

“I write … Poetry and stuff . I can write the lyrics , if you want . You know , for the song .”

Nikkie and I blinked , and looked at each other .

“And why didn't you tell us this before ?” I said , raising my eyebrows . She shrugged .

“Well then” Nikki said , “I guess ...”

If I write the lyrics” Pommie said cautiously , “Do I have to go on stage ?”

“Not if you don't want to” I assured her .

“So – topic for the song” Nikki said . “Love ? Heartbreak ?”

I shook my head . “Cliché . Let's do something more original .”

Pommie watched us discussing our song with an empty notepad in her hand .

“What about you ?” I asked her , “Any ideas ?”

She shrugged . “Not yet .”

“This is hopeless” I said , after an hour of brainstorming and coming up with nothing . “The boys will be back soon . How about we just call it a night ?”

Nikki sighed . “I guess that's all we can do for now .”

I took to my bunk even though I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep . The post-concert buzz the ATL team had was loud and tended to go on for a few hours , but that didn't mean I couldn't curl up under my covers and just read or something . Yes , I do read , not frequently , but I do do it .

I fell asleep despite the lack of dinner and the noise , and when I woke up the next morning everything seemed to have changed . For a first , cameras had been set up in almost every corner of the bus , which meant the camera crew would be joining us for the rest of the tour . They must be living on their own bus , though , because there really wasn't any more room on this one .

As well as those new roadies , two more people had also moved in . Well , not exactly people .

“Spot ! Peyton ! How are my boys ?!” Alex yelled in delight , jumping down onto the floor beside his two dogs . The rest of the bus groaned .

“Your dogs , Alex” Matt said , coming to lay down the law . “You feed them , you take them out to piss , you walk them -”

“I get it , Matty” Alex said , while cooing over his dogs . “Oh , I mean Matt .”

Matt stared at him for a second , before shaking his head and walking away .

“Alright , kids . Up . You've got classes in the back lounge .”

Jeff didn't come through on his promise to make Maths fun . I sat glumly for almost an hour staring at a page of sums that made no sense to me , blinking rapidly whenever the numbers blurred out of focus .

“Since I'm such a nice person , you don't have any homework” Jeff said , looking pleased with himself . We took that as a dismissal , and got up to leave .

“I really needed to get off that bus” I told Pommie as the two of us wondered down to city centre . I looked around me and smiled . “I like Des Moines .”

“I hate maths” Pommie replied glumly , and I laughed .

“Me too , trust me . D'you feel like ice cream ?”

It was on the way back to the bus , while eating good ol' Ben & Jerry's , that Pommie froze .

“Pommie ?” I asked , kinda scared . Her eyes flashed to me .

“Have you ever watched My Fair Lady ?” She asked randomly .

“Um , yeah , I think so .”

“Well … I think I've got it .

Back at the bus , Pommie hopped into her bunk and drew the curtain . I groaned .

“What is it ?” Nikki asked , coming up behind me .

“She's got an idea for the lyrics” I explained , “But she won't tell us what it is .”

“At least she's got an idea “ Nikki said , beaming . “This is great !”

“I just wish I knew what it was .” I bit my lip anxiously .

Since everyone had left for soundcheck , we were forced to stay behind and mind Spot and Peyton .

“I love dogs” Nikki said happily , playing tug of war with Peyton .

“Yeah , me too” I agreed , looking at Spot , who was snoozing on my lap . “But I'm starving .”

“Same . I could eat a puppy !” Nikki growled at Peyton . I rolled my eyes .

“Seriously , Nikki , I'm bloody hungry . Do you know if we have any food ?”

“We should . But we live with Jack , so ...”

“True , true .”

I took out my guitar , and started practising , which was something I hadn't done in ages .

“What can you play ?” Nikki asked .

“Therapy” I answered , “Alex taught me another one , but I can't remember it .”

“Play Therapy” Nikki instructed , closing her eyes .

My fingers hadn't touched the strings in days , but I tried anyway , and after the first few notes they warmed up and slipped back into the old rhythms .

“You want to learn something new ?” Alex asked , arriving back from soundcheck .

“Sure !”

He grabbed his acoustic guitar off of his bunk and sat down beside me . “Well , you've hard most of our songs by now . What do you want to learn next ?”

I paused , and looked at the setlist on the lounge's table . Everyone knew it off by heart at this stage , so mainly it was used as a page that you could put your used Starbucks cups on .

“I really like Jasey Rae” I said , turning to Alex . He grinned .

“Really ? Great !”

He taught me the intro , which to be honest was basically just a bunch of chords , but they were in a confusing order and took ages until I got them right .

“Relax , Halo” Alex said , “Just keep practising . Do you want to try the guitar solo now ?”

He demonstrated quickly , his fingers flying up and down the fretboard .

“Shit “ I groaned .

A/N - Thanks to Nikki and her friend , I'm now on Twitter , so follow me ! @StuckInCMajor !!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

20.6K 551 15
It is said that when two people, one male and one female, have identical charmed necklaces, that the closer they get to each other, the more color il...
65 3 1
"The year is 2007. All Time Low is playing Warped Tour, and it's hot as fuck. They've been extremely busy touring, writing and recording their new al...
2.7K 133 24
-- This fan fiction contains sexual situations, sexual references, and explicit language -- Leah Lake is a stunningly beautiful 21 year old brunette...
72K 1.6K 42
Rozlynn Gaskarth is the little sister of All Time Low's frontman, Alex Gaskarth. She is also best friends with Dahvie Vanity and Jayy Von Monroe from...