Undesirable

By Monstrous_beauty

"Mother.. please I don't want to marry him" I pleaded to her. "You know Eve nothing can be done now" Sh... More

Ch 1 - Unwanted Wedding
Ch 2 - Humiliation & Pain
Ch 3 - In-Laws
Ch 4 - Unwanted touch
Ch 5 - Dark Side
Ch 6 - Haywire Emotions
Ch 7 - Masquerade Ball
Ch 8 - Assault &Trauma
Ch 9 - Way to keep her
Ch 10 - Contemplating
Ch 11 - Jealousy & Inner thoughts
Ch 12 - Ruminating Past
Ch 13 - Games of heart---The beginning
Ch 14 - Game of Hearts---First Romantic Dinner
Ch 15 -Game of the Hearts--- Persuasion
Ch 16 - Games of heart -- Meeting Strangers
Ch 18 - Games of Heart -- Insecurities
Ch 19 - Games of Heart -- Hidden Motives
Ch 20- Games of Heart --New Feelings
Ch 21- Games of Heart-- Blind Trust
Ch 22- Games of Heart-- Jealousy & Rage
Ch 23 - Games of Heart-- All is lost
Ch 24 - Melancholy of Life
Ch 25 -- She chose someone else
Ch 26 - The New Dawn
Ch 27 - a New Ally
Ch 28 - A Distant Cousin
Ch 29 -- Kidnapped
Ch 30 - My Past
Ch 31 - The Lost Sweetheart
Ch 32 - Embracing True Self
Ch 33 - Dead trail
Ch 34 - The hidden Truth
Ch 35 - Life truths!!
Ch 36 - The choices you have
Ch 37 - Are you really Dead?
Ch 38 - Princess Lyna what's the next Plan?
Ch 39 - Dreams that keeps us Awake
Ch 40 - Arrival of the Devil

Ch 17 - Games of Heart -- Friendship & Hope

8.7K 305 132
By Monstrous_beauty

"Well you thought wrong" I said smiling this time and seems like he was still in shock because even when the song come to an end he stood so I whispered "Better luck next time".

I moved away from him and since the excitement I felt from the night so far was so overwhelming I went to have a drink.

As I was having the fruit punch I felt a presence next to me and when I turned I saw Richard looking at me worriedly and then he asked "Evelyn... where were you? I have been searching for you when I came back to our table I didn't find you. I was worried".

I didn't want to lie to him so I said "Richard.. Steven's here". When he heard that he dragged me out of the party and straight to our room.

Richard's POV

The day went great and I enjoyed so much with Evelyn and I reluctantly left for the hotel. When we reached our hotel I had my mind to have another night but this time I wanted it to be something like the night in the top roof of the hotel. I wanted her to have the view of the place from the top and after dinner, we would lay side by side star gazing.  Thoughts of spending time with her were exciting. Though somewhere in the back of mind I knew this will come to an end. But when we were informed that there is a dinner party hosted by the hotel due to the hotel anniversary. I hold on on my plans for the next day.

I know that in the past, I have never taken Evelyn as my date, so an idea that I would publicly escort my wife in the party. This way people will know we will are having a good relationship and when if needed I will use this as an excuse to avoid the bad reputation when this pretense is over.

I went near her and knelt down and asked her "So Mrs. Evans what do you say, would you honor me by being my date tonight".

I could see her getting surprised and then hesitation when she looked at me but when she agreed I could feel that I don't need to pretend with her I am my own person with her. I wanted to give her as many happy moments because I know we will end soon but now the thoughts of moving away from her were causing unknown feelings inside me. 

She left for her room and I immediately called the receptionist and asked her to arrange the black dress for my wife and a tux for me. And since I was the premium customer they arranged it like in a half hour.  

I knocked on her door and held a package for her and left to get ready. Well, I have to look handsome for my wife. I got ready and was waiting for her eagerly and when she finally made presence I must say she left me stunned. She looked beautiful in the black dress which hugged her curves and the natural look she had made her look more exotic.

I didn't know what to say and when I didn't utter any words she looked uncomfortable and fearing I would say the wrong thing, I kept mum and escorted her to the party area where we sat at the designated table. I was feeling excited about the night and was about to sit next to her when I heard a familiar voice calling "Richard... is it you?"

I stiffened at that I could not believe of all the places I will see Kendall here. She was out of the country and I missed to inform her about my hasty wedding and I even missed to sent out an invitation. I am doomed if she comes to know of it.

Kendall is my childhood friend and she is very protective of me but at the same time she is the one person who when gets angry makes sure that the receiving party suffers immensely and right now was not the time to get in her bad books. We said our pleasantries when she looked at Evelyn beside me and asked while smiling at me"Oh who is this lovely lady in black".

"Oh she is Evelyn and Evelyn she is Kendall" I said.

"Hi Evelyn it's nice to meet you" She said smiling. Then she turned to me and asked "But Richard I want to know who is she to you".

Trying to think of a way to distract her because if the volcano of her anger burst in the party it will create a big scene and I was not in a mood to handle the drama. 

"Well I am his PA and he is my boss" Evelyn replied smoothly.

I was shocked by her answer and it evoked guilt in me that she felt the need to lie because of me and when Kendall said she thought of her as my girlfriend and I forgot to inform her. My dear wife immediately denied and it didn't sit well with me at all.

Due to Kendall's inquisitive nature, she asked what I was doing that in Borabora with my PA and again my innocent wife lied smoothly that I was hiding from some crazy woman. I was annoyed with Evelyn's answer because not only I forgot to invite Kendall but now she will think I lied to her. It was like she was holding the packet of lies and if you, question and she will take one out and hand it over to you. Kendall warned me that she won't let it go easily and was waiting for detail when someone came and requested her to go with them to which nodded and left after saying she will right back.

As she left, I tried controlling the anger I was feeling and faced Evelyn asked about lies to which she replied that she saw me hesitate and hence lied to cover for me.

I understood she felt I was hesitating in introducing her as my wife so I cut her off and letting her know that Kendall will be very angry with me and I think I might have overreacted because Evely was back to stammering. I wanted my wife to know it's not her being my wife but me missing to inform Kendall about our marriage I was worried about.

Her being afraid of me made me angry on myself because not only was I in deep shit with Kendall and I would be losing any progress I made in getting Evelyn comfortable with me.

Before I could rectify myself, Kendall dragged me to meet her contacts at the party and to say they were like many. By the time I was done I was tired and felt I should go back to Evelyn and if only I can make amends with her and hopefully I have not ruined everything. 

When I reached the table I found it empty and I cursed myself to think that I left my gorgeous wife alone without any company and was enjoying getting introduced to the prospective business partners. I asked the waiter and soon one of them informed me that they had seen her going towards the balcony and when I reached there I didn't find her. While I was coming back Kendall again held me and introduced me to her boss Ivan Carlos. When she said the name, I was surprised that the Mafia king was here and moreover this man was dangerous. 

I wanted Kendall to be aware of the danger which she brushed stating she knows he is one of the best business man in the Italian market. He has lots of companies and he has chosen me to endorse his products and she was excited about it.

"Look Kendall you and I have to talk about this. Right now I am going to search for Evelyn" I replied.

"Your secretary is missing Richard. Surely she must be enjoying her time with some gentleman" She said without knowing that her words were causing me to feel jealous of the imaginary man.

I moved away from Kendall to get some drink because I didn't want to do something which I will regret later. As I moved near the drink stall I found Evelyn standing there.

"Evelyn... where were you? I have been searching for you when I came back to our table I didn't find you. I was worried" I told her.

She didn't answer my question immediately but then she said "Richard.. Steven's here". 

As soon as I heard that I dragged her out of the party and straight to our room. I know there is a cold war going on between me and Steven. I don't know how and why it started but it is there now. I let Steven have his way with the women I had relations with but my wife I will not let him take her away. I feel protective of her. In spite of the love I have for Steven I don't want to start an open war with him before I am not even sure whether Evelyn loves me or not. I would lose to him if she did love him but for my sanity I want at least this woman to have feelings for me.

"Evelyn, how did he come here? How did he know we are here?" I asked her. I don't believe she told him because even she was clueless and after coming her I don't see any reason why she would be contacting him.

"Richard I don't know how he knows. I was shocked to see him myself" She said.

There was no way anyone knew about this location. I have made sure of it. I knew the party down there would make to news but I had already arranged for it so me and Evelyn are not mentioned. The only thing in my mind was does Evelyn feel something for Steven. I know Steven feels strongly for her because he never chased a woman before he made sure it was other way round.

"Fine I will handle this. You must be tired, you can go to sleep" I told her.

Evelyn left for her room. Whole night I could not sleep properly, dreams of Steven taking away my wife were haunting me.

Evelyn's POV

  "Evelyn how did he come here? How did he know we are here?"  he asked me.

  "Richard I don't know how he know. I was shocked to see him myself" I told him. 

"Fine I will handle this. You must be tired, you can go to sleep" he told me.  

 I could see the expression of doubts. I didn't understand it at that time but after being on my bed I realized he thought I called Steven. How could he think I called him, if I call him why would I tell him can't he see the logic.

I slept with these thoughts in mind but the most prominent one was if Richard didn't tell him, I didn't tell him then how he came here. Because Richard had told me it was secret and a surprise for me and he didn't tell anybody about us being here.

The morning I woke up and feeling lazy I ordered for room service and went to freshen up for the day and by the time I came out I heard the knock and the breakfast was brought in. I looked to see Richard was getting up from his sleep and by the looks of his face not a good one.

He went and came back after getting ready. We had our breakfast together in silence.

"Evelyn I am going for an important meeting. Once I am back we will go for sightseeing" He said.

"Fine" I answered.

He left and I was waiting when I thought why not go down to the pool. I got ready and went to pool.

Ivan's POV

 I handled the recent smuggling deal of weapons with Russians and I was in my bedroom. I was tired and when my eyes drifted to my family photo. I had my father passed away. Mom thought she would live in the same house as they did when my dad was alive. Suddenly I felt lonely, I felt I am top of the businessman, top in the mafia and still lonely. All this empire I have built and for whom, I have no heir, hell I didn't even have time for flings or love. 

It's time I get settled in life and have an heir. I wanted to fill this void in my life. Thinking about his I went to my table where wine was already arranged as was the custom when I am home. I was in my thoughts when I got a call.

"Carlos here.." I said.

"Sir.. we have a small problem. Our model Kendall wants to shoot in Borabora. 

"You called me for this... Handle it " I said. I was about to cut it.

"But sir she insists or else all the contracts we signed with her will be canceled. She is ready to pay penalty" He said.

"Sam you really want to talk on this" I said sternly.

"But sir she is the best model for our projects sir. Many deals were signed because she will be endorsing us" He said.

"Fine then change the location" I said.

He sighed in relief and arranged it. While I was pondering, an idea seeped into my mind. Maybe I should involve more on the marketing to get myself away from this loneliness. Next day I went to the office to see everything. I looked around and seemed like our Model will be arriving in the evening.

I had to know about her so I asked my best man to get the information about Kendall. The information he gathered was amazing. Kendall seemed to be a good girl. I don't know when I started viewing her as a strong contender for my prospective wife. I know any woman will jump in joy at the opportunity.

I observed her on the set. Even though the woman was beautiful and reputed, she was down to earth but at the same time professional. I approached her and congratulated her on her recent shots.

She accepted the compliments and then I offered to take her on a dinner date. Her response "Mr. Carlos I appreciate you asking me but I am sorry I am not available".

I was taken by her honesty and so I said "Well then as friends".

She smiled and said "Ok".

We hang out that evening and it became a kind of habit every day and I came to know about her. She was in love with someone and though she knew he would never revert the feelings, she could not move on.

It was time for her shoots in Borabora and I wanted to refresh so I thought why not go to a new place. I arrived on Borabora and seems like there was a party organized to celebrate the Hotel's anniversary. I was enjoying the party but I was missing Kendall my only friend and when I asked Sam soon he returned with her.

She told me she met her friend and she would be hanging out with him. Not wanting to burden her I let her enjoy. I was seated when some random woman started flirting it irritated me how women seem so desperate nowadays. I got irritated and moved to another place near drinks and to my luck, this time some businessmen approached me and since I was in no mood for boring talks. I moved towards the balcony of the hotel to have some fresh air. When I noticed a figure standing as I approached nearby I was spellbound by her expression of satisfaction.

It felt like she was content being here alone in the night watching stars when the people inside were going wild in music and dance. I went near her and found her stiffening and then heard her melodious voice saying "Look I know you are angry but..." she stopped when she noticed it was a stranger. 

"Interesting... I never knew this is how we make a small talk now a days" I said before I could stop myself. She kept quiet ignoring me. But I don't know I wanted to hear her voice again.

"Who is angry with such a beautiful woman as you Cara... I guess must be someone stupid" I said teasingly.

"Excuse me do I know you and how dare you call him stupid" she said. I noticed she was irritated but it still amused me.

"Not yet but you will now and I must say Cara I am a very daring man " I said. She didn't look at me so walked towards her and took her hand and kissed the back of it introducing myself 

"I am Ivan Carlos and you are..." I said.

I knew my effect on women when I do that and was half expecting her to fall for me. She just pulled her hand from my grip annoyingly and said "Look sir... I don't know what you are thinking about me. But I would say stay away from me". 

I didn't like the way she asked me to stay away from her. No one ever told me what to do. Seeing I was not leaving her alone she tried to walk away so I held her wrist and said "Cara.. I think you are the most beautiful woman I have laid my eyes on".

She was shocked but countered "Well I guess you are trying your lines on wrong girl".

I was amazed she didn't fell for my charms"Feisty I like it and still alone here " I asked curiously.

"I don't think that is any of your business" she said while trying to pull  herself out from my grip which I had no intention of releasing.

She was getting irritated at her failed attempts and she said  angrily"I wonder what would people say about you when they see you harassing a woman".

It brought smile  on my face that she thought I cared about what people will say. 

"But you know what makes me wonder, what a beautiful lady such as yourself was doing alone here" I said.

"Guess what ?? none of your business" she said annoyed now struggling to free her wrists and pushed me. I held her by her waist and said "No one's ever brushed me how you did, you wound me Cara. But I am a gentle man and seeing that you are not planning to be here let's dance".

Without giving her any chance to refuse I escorted her to the dance floor.  But before I even started she whispered "Mr.. I don't know how to dance. I understood she was feeling embarrassed.

""No issues Cara... Follow my lead" I said holding her closer by her waist.

She followed my lead and I was amazed for a person who was shy to dance she was fluent. I was enjoying my time when I felt intense eyes on us and thinking he was her boyfriend, surely the reason she was alone in the balcony 

"Hmm.. Looks like your boyfriend is jealous Cara..." I whispered when she saw the furious man.

"He is not my boyfriend" She said angrily.

I was glad to hear it and whispered in her ears "If he is not then I am glad because that means.."  but she cut me off and said looking in my eyes "If I do not have a boyfriend that means I am married" 

I was shocked and repeated what she told me "You are married...".

She nodded and showed me her wedding ring. For a moment I thought it is a joke but seriousness and honesty on her face made me chuckle at the irony, it was the second time I fell for a woman and she was married so I could not stop from saying "And here I thought I found the perfect girl to spend rest of my life".

"Well you thought wrong" she said smiling and then whispered "Better luck next time". 

She left me at the dance floor alone, mesmerized, craving and many other emotions. I knew with Kendall I just felt right but with her I fell deeply, I felt a connection to her.

I saw her being dragged out and was about to go for rescue when I noticed it was not the furious man and she went willingly, so I understood it was her husband--the damn lucky bastard.

After she left I didn't feel like being in the party. I don't know but she consumed all my thoughts. I tried to distract myself from her but I was even dreaming about her and me hanging out. Next day, I woke up and after a run and shower thought it would be better to relax since I was too distracted.

I went to the pool where I felt relaxing listening to music when I saw a figure approaching. 

I saw her go the other end and she again took my breathe again. I observed her and it was like she was my favorite pass time.

After some time I gather courage and approached her and sat beside her. She had dipped her feet in the water and I copied her while sitting.

"Alone again??" I asked.

"Do you see anyone next to me?" She replied sarcastically but smiled at the end.

"Well I don't so I thought might give the company" I said "Hope you don't mind".

"Even if I do will you move away" She said questioning.

At that, I shook my hand and smiled.

"Look I think our first meeting didn't go well but can we start fresh" I said.

She looked at me for a while and I felt her thinking and then she nodded. Her acceptance made me feel happy. I don't know why I wanted to be with her knowing she won't be mine. Any sensible person would say I am wasting my time but I could not help myself.

We spent time talking and she told me she was the elder daughter and she had 3 sisters and a younger brother. She was married to her husband via arrange marriage and not love one as I thought it was. Suddenly I felt hope surging in my heart to know whether she feels something for him so I asked her.

"Does that man treats you right?" I asked a question lingering in my mind and was hesitating what if she feels bad about it or worse gets angry.

"Yes, he does now. Though initially, it was not so good" She replied and her eyes glazed as if recalling the past.

Suddenly she asked "Ivan what's the time?" 

"It's 12PM. Why?" I asked her.

"Oh my god I am here for 3 hours and Richard must be worried. I got to go. See you next time" She said before leaving.

I gazed at her drifting figure cursing why I didn't meet her earlier. Why she could not be married to me instead of her husband. I went to my room and thrashed whatever was in sight and then I called for room service to serve wines, vodka. I drank until I was drunk.

The next morning Sam visited me and seeing the state of my room and me he asked "What happened sir?"

I chuckled and said "Sam I fell for a woman I can never have that's what happened".

He came near my chair and asked "Why did you say that sir? Any woman will jump at the opportunity of being next to you".

"Haahaa you know even I thought so but when Kendall refused me I..." I was saying when he cut me off and said "Sir I will talk to Kendall she cannot refuse you just like that. I will make sure she is yours if that is what you want".

"But the thing is I don't want Kendall Sam... I want her but she is married" I uttered the words and felt my eyes watering. I never cried and I felt like I was losing myself.

"Sir, Tell me who she is. I will make sure she is here with you" He repeated.

"No.. I won't because you know Sam I love her so much that I can't see her unhappy. I want her to be happy even if she is not with me" I said.

"But sir, How are you sure, she is happily married," Sam asked.

I looked at him and recalled her telling her husband didn't treat her well and now it is good so she is not in love with him there is chance for me, a hope for me.

###########################################################

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 92 25
On his death bed my father had one wish, or two in my perspective. First that i try to live a peaceful life, one he couldn't ever dream of. Second t...
60.2K 2.7K 89
"I am merely a performer. I am not a whore or an object to satisfy your desires," tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke. "I don't care," he retort...
201K 3.3K 41
ARRANGED MARRIAGE "I will not marry anyone. I don't care if it's for alliance, because we both know we don't need it!" I hissed back. Our mafia was o...
1M 47.8K 108
His cold eyes moved from my face to all over my white lace dress with a clenched jaw. I felt weak in my knees but I was successful in keeping my brav...