Shift ✔️

By bearjordan

Edited Version Available on Amazon!!! ☺️👍🏻 Shift - A Vampire Romance by Kayla Jordan 1 in Shapeshifter 3... More

Tell Me - 1
The Passenger - 1.1
I'm Stuck - 2
Strange Boy - 2.1
Into The Black - 3
The Judge - 3.1
Patience - 4
Like it's Over - 5
Lights Out - 5.1
Wild Sun - 5.2
Number One - 6
We Don't Know - 6.1
Good Days - 7
Innocent - 7.1
Shovels & Dirt - 8
Mirrors - 8.1
Lost Boy - 9
All Night - 9.1
I Wanna Know You - 9.2
Use Somebody - 9.3
Machine - 10
La Vie En Rose - 10.1
Fireflies - 10.2
Safe - 11
So Much More Than This - 12
End of the Day - 12.1
There's Nothing Holding Me Back - 12.2
Thunder - 13
Safe and Sound - 13.1
River - 13.2
A Million Dreams - 14.1
Centuries - 14.2
I'm Gonna Be 14.3
NOT A CHAPTER - PLEASE READ THOUGH!!!
Pompeii - 15
Sweet Creature - 15.1
Never Gonna Let You Down - 15.2
Indiana Jones - 16
From the Dining Table - 16.1
This is Me - 16.2
With You - 17
In Betweenin' - 17.1
I will follow you into the dark - 17.2
Two Ghosts - 17.3
A Drop in The Ocean - 17.4
Somewhere Only We Know - 18
Safe With You - 18.1
Memories - 18.2
Another Place - 18.3
The Next Right Thing - 19
Get Up, Get On - 19.1
Go - 19.2
NEW STORY - the price of a soul
THE EDITED VERSION OF SHIFT IS NOW ON AMAZON!!!!
Announcement!! SHIFT 2

Girls Like You - 14

16.9K 560 61
By bearjordan

Annabelle's POV

I woke up the next morning, my body feeling refreshed but my mind so tense I feel as though I haven't slept in years. Since Jace told me that we were going to talk to the woman, Elizabeth, the little safety net I have created for myself here has completely fallen apart.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that Jace wants to... join the revolution, is some of the best news I have ever heard. It feels amazing that I will be able to finally do something about this situation I am in. Although, honestly, I don't hate it. I am more comfortable than I have ever been in my life.

I do miss my family, but I realize now that they haven't really been my family for a long time. There could have been ways of getting around starving me, beating me, they could've at least reminded me they loved me in some way. Here, I am not beaten, I am fed until I am full, and despite what I could have ever imagined, I am shown love. Jace gives me presents, keeps me warm, and tells me about his day, and listens to what I have to say, even though I don't say much. I may be his property, but it really doesn't feel like that anymore.

I lay still, I lay in the cocoon I have created around me. As soon as I move, I will have to face the fact that all that might change and Jace and I face the biggest obstacle that has come at us yet.

I know were not leaving for a few days, the King's arrival determined that, but I know that Jace will want to get out of here as soon as we can. Jace and Flynn could technically come and go as they please, but bringing Rose and I with them would raise too many suspicions, even I know that.

I slowly start to rise from the bed and at that moment Jace makes his presence known by emerging from the bathroom, looking fresh as ever. He has to look sharp, as I know he will want to put on a good front for his father today.

He smiles nervously at me as he makes his way over to the bed. I move to the edge and swing my legs off of the side. Jace steps towards me so my legs are trapped in between his and he places his forehead against mine and sighs. "I really don't know the best way to go about this, Kitten. I really hope it goes well with Rose and Flynn because if it doesn't, if we get found out, I am not sure we will get another chance."

I smile sadly, knowing that for once, I have to be the one to put on a brave face. Jace doesn't let anyone know it, but after being with him almost every night for the past few months, I am unsure if he hides it well from anyone, or if everyone can tell. Jace is terrified of his father.

"It's going to be okay Jace, it will work."

He grins at me, leaning backwards and running his hand through his slicked back hair. "I really hope you're right, Annabelle." Just then I saw his eyes light up. "Would you go with me? Come down for breakfast instead of having someone bring it up to you?"

Confused I narrowed my eyes, "But Jace, your father..."

"I know, I know, but he never comes into the kitchen, and it would make sense to have you out of the room again, and then the other staff members and others in the castle will not find as strange if I take you with me out of the castle again. If they see you out with me, maybe they will not find it odd. We can also intercept Rose and Flynn and see how it went with my father!"

Seeing many flaws in the plan I flinched at the idea of heading downstairs, but decided that Jace probably knew better than I, and if we didn't see his father than there was actually no harm at all. Also the way his eyes lit up when he said he wanted me to come down to breakfast with him made my heart flutter.

"Okay I'll get changed." I said while hopping down, off the bed and making my way towards the closet.

Once I had gone to the bathroom to brush my hair, do my business and had changed into acceptable clothing, I moved quickly back to the bedroom and almost collided with an anxious looking Jace standing right beside the bathroom door.

He grinned as he took my hand and we left the room. I wasn't going to say this out loud, but I had a bad feeling about this.

Heading downstairs, I nervously gripped onto Jace's hand tightly, but once we reached the kitchen, I felt more secure as I saw a familiar face, and although I had only met him once, I was praying he remembered me too.

I smiled and waved towards the elderly witch I had met in the kitchen all those months ago. "Pavel!!" I called out, releasing Jace's hand and moving towards the grinning man.

"My dear!" He grinned while embracing my hands in his. "I'm happy you've remembered an old man like me, let me take a look at you!" He released one of my hands and I did a little twirl in front of him, my simple mid length green dress flowing out around me, reaching to mid-thigh. As I met his eye, I could see that twinkle was still there. "You look beautiful, Annabelle."

Before I even had a chance to respond, he had moved me towards the clean counter. "I hope you're ready to learn again dear, as this morning we are going to make you some crepes. A wonderfully sweet French dish, I am sure you will love."

I nodded, "I would be honoured if you would teach me."

"Then let's learn! Jace, boy, will you grab the ingredients, that is, if you remember. I will grab all of the pots and pans!" He said cheerfully.

I looked at Jace in confusion while he began grabbing ingredients from the refrigerators and cupboards. He caught my eye and winked. As he moved beside me I looked up at him and whispered "I didn't know you knew how to cook."

"Vampires can eat human food too you know; we just usually choose not to."

I giggled, "I know that, it's the cooking part I'm stuck on."

Paval, who had been watching our exchange with a large grin on his face spoke up at that point. "Well long before you, the Prince here was my finest student. Loved to learn to cook, and would spend hours helping me prepare food for guests and servants a like."

I looked at him shocked, and he just grinned at Paval, "It was our little secret."

"That it was my boy," he said while clapping him on the shoulder. "I was always so proud of you. You worked so hard. Almost as proud of you as I am now."

Did... did Paval know of our plan? Is this why Jace wanted me to come down here? What is it that I do not know? I looked at Jace in confusion and he just smiled down at me.

"Well why don't we get started then!" said Paval, and together, we began to learn to make crepes.

..............

EDITED

Okay so I found more pictures of the guy I imagine Jace is (same guy as before with the REALLY blue eyes) and DAMN

So this is Jace all fancy and fine!

What do you think??

YAY PAVAL!! What is it that Annabelle doesn't know? Is there something? Old men are so cute sometimes. Even when they look like little evil garden gnomes (see Jeff Sessions).

Comment, Like, Follow!

Also I'm thinking of making a personal website for writing so let me know if you have any ideas for it? Or what you think of the idea. Comment here or just message me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 21.2K 39
Chosen as one of the Top 10 stories by Harlequin So You Think You Can Write. There hasn't been one like her for 1500 years. For Callie it's surv...
118K 11.1K 40
Book four in the series of A Vampires Life brings you Josephine. She has been disowned by her parents for moving to the city with her boyfriend and f...
93.7K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...
9.2M 323K 54
•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses along my collar bone and up my neck befo...