Teach Me ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who... More

1. Starbaes
2. Apartment of Secrets
3. It's Not Stalking...I Think
4. If You Can't You Still Might
5. Admit It
6. Needing Space
7. Confrontations
8. Treat You Better
9. Not Leaving
10. Date Night
11. Throwing Punches
12. Getting Some Sugar
13. Stay With Me
14. Labels
15. Complicated
16. Meeting the Parents
17. Morgan's Birthday
18. Together
19. Three Little Words
♡ Extended Scene ♡
20. Breaking Hearts
21. Living La Vida Stressful
22. No Restraint
♡ Extended Scene ♡
23. Symptoms
24. No Running
25. Party Interrupted
26. Moving On
♡ Extended Scene ♡
27. Our Baby
28. Keeping Secrets
29. Figuring it Out
30. Family Day
31. Home Sweet Home
32. Busted
33. Time Off
♡ Extended Scene ♡
34. Christmas From Hell
35. Sparkling Grape Juice
36. Hormones
37. Josh's Surprise
38. History
39. Going Home
40. The Unwanted Surprise
41. It's a...
43. Boys vs Girls
44. Everybody's Got a Secret
45. Bittersweet Homecoming
♡ Extended Scene ♡
46. Crash
47. Living Nightmare
48. Take Your Best Shot
49. No Regrets
♡ Extended Scene ♡
Epilogue

42. Don't Leave Me

1.8K 49 3
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

"Whatcha doing?" I ask Josh, coming up behind him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders while attempting to look at what was splayed out in front of him on the counter.

"There's a receptionist position at Abigail Adams" he explains, grabbing the paper and handing it to me while he turns to face me, swiveling around on the bar stool.

I look down and read the job posting, taking my bottom lip between my teeth. "Are you sure this is the best idea?" I ask worriedly.

"Why wouldn't it be?" he asks curiously. "It's a reception job, not a teaching one."

I nod. "That's what I mean babe. I know you can't get your degree right now but somed-."

"Maya" he groans. "We're having a baby. We need money and both of us not working isn't exactly going to support a newborn."

"Alright" I concede. "When are you going in for the interview?"

"Today" he replies, making my eyes widen.

"Oh. Well uh okay" I chuckle, handing him back the paper and running my fingers through my hair.

"You seem on edge this morning. You okay baby?" he asks, grabbing my waist and pulling me between his legs.

"Fine" I smile softly. "Would it uh-would it be okay if I saw Riles today?"

He chuckles. "I'm not your keeper babe."

"No I know" I nod, biting my lip. "She has class today." Neither of us had been back on campus since the whole ordeal where we got busted but it wasn't like we were banned, it just might not be the best idea to go there.

His eyebrows shoot up and he lets out a deep breath. "Yea alright. Stay clear of James' room though. Stay in neutral territory." I nod in understanding. "And be careful."

"Always" I agree, leaning forward to peck his lips. "Good luck at your interview."

"Thanks babe. Have fun with Riles. Tell her I say hello."

"That's quite formal. What about hi?" I tease making him roll his eyes.

"You are such a smart ass."

"Hm, I will take that as a compliment" I smirk, breaking from his grasp. "I have to get ready and according to that piece of paper, if you don't get moving you will miss your interview."

"Yea, yea" he sighs. "I love you" he smiles, standing up and grabbing my waist.

"Love you too" I reply, leaning forward to peck his lips one last time before he releases me and turns to walk out the front door.

*************************************************************************************

Walking on campus feels odd and it's hard to believe that it hadn't even been that long since I was here last. I head towards the library, walking casually allowing me to listen in on random passersby's conversations. It's fun until I become the subject of conversation when I accidently approach one of my ex-classmates.

"She was screwing our TA" she laughs. "Rumor has it he knocked her up and skipped town" she adds while all her friends look at me as if I'm a museum exhibit and not a human being.

I shake my head, walking past them and pulling open the library door. I immediately spot Riley at a table in the left corner and I make my way towards her. "Surprise" I exclaim causing her to lift her head from her textbook and look up at me with a bright smile.

"Peaches. What are you doing here?" she asks as I take a seat across from her.

"I thought I made that clear when I said surprise. I'm here surprising you" I explain making her chuckle.

"Obviously. How could I have not understood that" she laughs. "What brings you here though? Is something on your mind?" she asks, capping her highlighter and placing it in the spine of her book.

"I'm going crazy sitting in my house" I admit with a chuckle. "And plus I missed my best friend."

"Aw" she gushes. "I missed you too Peaches" she agrees, "and it's uh actually a good thing that you're here" she adds making me quirk an eyebrow at her in intrigue. "I have something to tell you" she explains only heightening my confusion and intrigue.

"Okay. What's up?" I ask before my eyes widen. "Wait" I interject before she can get a word in. "You aren't pregnant are you?"

She laughs, shaking her head. "No Maya. Stop projecting" she teases.

"Haha you smart ass" I reply, leaning against the table. "So if you aren't pregnant and I don't see any new accessories on your finger then what's going on with you?"

"Well" she sighs, worrying on her bottom lip. "You remember how I told you that Lucas and I were seriously considering moving?" My heart sinks to the bottom of my chest as I nod numbly. "Well" she says, taking a deep breath. "We're doing it. We're moving to Texas."

I'm speechless. Every time I pictured raising my family I always pictured Riley being there. She's not only my best friend, she's my sister. "Maya?"

"I'm sorry" I shake my head. "I'm just a little shocked."

"I know" she nods in understanding. "I was waiting until the last possible minute to tell you but we're moving at the end of this semester. We're both transferring down to UT."

I want to tell her not to go. I want to ask her to stay but that's not fair of me to do. She's building a life with Lucas and they want to spend it in Texas. I had to let her do this. "That's great Riles" I force a smile. "I'm so happy for you."

"You are?" she asks, her voice lifting a bit.

"Yea of course" I nod, swallowing a lump in my throat while tears threaten to fall at any second. "I uh, I should get going though. Josh uh-Josh had an interview today at Abigail Adams and he uh he should be done by now" I stutter, standing up abruptly.

"Maya no. We should talk."

"Riley" I sigh, putting my hand up to stop her. "I love you and I'm happy for you. Really" I insist. "I just need some time" I add. She nods sadly but allows me to turn and leave.

I manage to hold onto my composure until I reach my car, collapsing into the driver's seat and bursting into tears.

*************************************************************************************

Josh isn't home when I get back so I take the opportunity to wallow in our bedroom, drowning in tissues while I wait for him to get home. My eyes flutter shut and I find solace in sleep until I feel someone brushing back my hair causing me to flutter my eyes open. "What happened?" Josh asks worriedly, his voice soft and comforting as his hand rubs down my back.

I realize that I'm still lying in bed surrounded by my mound of tissues and I'm sure my face is blotchy and red. "Riley is moving" I whisper making his eyes widen.

"Oh Maya" he sighs, moving to climb into bed behind me. I turn around and bury my head in his chest as a new wave of tears hits. "Shhh" he coos, smoothing over my hair with his hand while he attempts to soothe me. "It'll be okay babe" he tries.

"I can't do this life thing without her" I protest weakly. "She's my best friend."

"I know" he nods, kissing the top of my head. "I'm sorry baby."

I sigh, resting comfortably in his arms and allowing the steady beat of his heartbeat to calm me down. When I've finally stopped crying I pull back and Josh reaches forward to wipe the remnants of my tears off my cheeks. "What can I do?" he asks sweetly.

"This" I reply softly. "Just hold me."

"I think I can do that" he smiles, caressing my cheek. "I got the job."

My eyes brighten and I feel an overwhelming surge of pride rush over me at his words. "Baby that's amazing" I gush. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks Maya" he smiles, lifting his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "It'll be good. We'll get some money coming in now."

"Yea" I nod in agreement. "It'll be great" I agree. "I will miss you though" I add, dropping my hand to his clothed chest.

He laughs, removing my hand. "I'll be here at night" he reminds me. "And sex isn't going to make you feel better about Riley leaving."

"Hm, but it will make me feel better in general" I argue. "It'll at least get my mind off of it."

"Sorry babe" he shakes his head. "You can have me when you don't have a motive."

"Ugh fine" I sigh, collapsing back against the bed. "Can we at least snuggle and watch a movie?"

"Sure" he laughs, settling back beside me. "You know you're acting like you're going through a break-up. She's just moving. You'll see her again."

"I know' I nod, cuing up Netflix. "But it still sucks and we've been attached at the hip since we were seven. Not having her around is going to be really hard. Especially now that I'm starting a family."

"I get that" he nods, wrapping his arm around my waist. "But at least you have me."

I smile, tilting my head to look up at him. "I am so lucky to have you" I agree, reaching up and pressing my lips to his. "Just never leave me" I add as we pull apart.

"Never" he agrees. "You're stuck with me baby" he adds and I smile as I place my hand over my belly. I would get through this, I had my boys and with them I could get through anything. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...
63.3K 1.5K 30
What could be worse than getting put in an arranged marriage? How about being put in an arranged marriage with your worst enemy. The Matthews and Hu...
105K 2.4K 66
[Ages 15+] Anything for You | Joshaya | JoshxMaya"You know Boing, there are 6 weeks between our birthdays where we're only 2 years apart." This st...
176K 4.3K 38
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Josh Matthews thought he had everything. He became CEO of The Gabriel Foundation, a nonprofit that helps sick kids and their families...